The 750 Word Project 2022 - Coming Soon

Story Info
This February: write a compelling story in EXACTLY 750 words!
355 words
15.2k
5

Part 6 of the 11 part series

Updated 03/01/2024
Created 02/04/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Literotica
Literotica
2,117 Followers

Coming in February: The Fourth Annual 750 Word Project!

Back in 2019, author jezzaz wondered:

Is it possible to write a complete story in exactly 750 words? That's the minimum limit that Literotica will accept, and after talking among ourselves, some of the writers on Lit decided to see if we could do it. After all, it's 750 words, right? How hard could it be? It's not like editing it is going to take long, after all.
[...]
It turns out it's harder than you might think to tell a story and have it mean anything in 750 words. But you can judge for yourself, when the fruits of our labors will be posted.

Like last year, to accommodate the large volume of entries we're allowing participants to submit their 750-word tale any time during the month of February. On March 1st, a master list of all challenge stories will be posted under the Literotica account. (Be sure to follow us to be notified of that and all other challenges and contests!)

This challenge is open to all - established authors or brand new Lit writers, any story category. To be a part of this challenge, you must:

  • Write a story that is EXACTLY 750 words by Microsoft Word, Google Docs, or Literotica Control Panel Editor count - no more, no less. ***ADDED 2/4 - story must be 750 words EXCLUDING title, description, tags, etc. Word count includes story text only.
  • Copy and paste this phrase into the Note To Admin section of the submission form: "750 WORD PROJECT". Please copy and paste this so that a typo doesn't keep your story from participating!
  • Submit your story in any story category February 1st-28th.
The list of all participating stories will be posted on March 1st.

For more information on Author-Organized Challenges, see this thread.

If you have any questions on this event, please contact us.

A big thank you to jezzaz for creating this event, and to all the readers and writers who make this site possible!

Literotica
Literotica
2,117 Followers
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The word counter counts hyphenated words as one word.

oneagainstoneagainstabout 2 years ago

Quick question: do hyphenated words count as one or two, e.g. Sweat-soaked? :-)

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireabout 2 years ago

Dutchboy, in case no one answered, some authors in past years have submitted multiple stories, sometimes even in the same category. Have fun writing!

Dutchboy51Dutchboy51about 2 years ago

Does the project allow multiple submissions by the same author, say, one in Mind Control, one in Erotic Horror and so on?

BTW, this project is fun and forces me to improve my writing. Adverbs were the first casualty.

Thanks.

Dutchboy51Dutchboy51about 2 years ago

Looks like I need to re-submit. Minus the title, I'm at 747.

Show More
Share this Story

Similar Stories

I was Told About the Rriver Party My friend told me about the river partying.in Loving Wives
The Hostage Returns Kris is finally released, but has Heather moved on?in Loving Wives
Funeral Harem Should you forgive after 20 years.in Loving Wives
Vigilante Shit Can the villain become the hero?in Loving Wives
Whispers and Murmurs He heard his wife's name.in Loving Wives
More Stories