The Accident

Story Info
Two injured people find each other.
3k words
4.18
28k
13
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Copyright 2009 by madengineer3

This story is purely fiction. No resemblance to any person, living or dead, is implied.

I want to thank MiliktheRed for editing this story.

*

My name is Paul Gray. I am an assistant professor of physics in a medium sized college. I normally was very careful, not leaving anything to chance. As I re-discovered, it only takes one slip to cause major damage.

It had been a bad accident. I had been working in the lab doing some minor clean up when it happened. Someone had left the YAG laser flash lamp pump power supply off, but fully charged. Without my knowing it the "bleeder resistor" was damaged the full charge was present in the capacitors.

I made the stupid assumption that the capacitor bank was discharged and started to work on the flash lamp trigger circuit. When it fired my unprotected eyes were in the main beam. I must have gone into shock because when I awoke I found myself in a bed, but without any lights on that I could see.

"How are you doing Doc?"

"I'm not sure. Would someone turn on the room lights? It's awfully dark in here."

"Doc, you are lying in direct sunshine. You got singed by the YAG laser."

"How bad is it?"

"Well, the skin burns around your face should heal up in the next week or so."

"Why don't I see you?"

"Doc, your eyes were in the direct beam. The retinas were destroyed. I'm afraid you are permanently blind."

I didn't know what to say. I was a sixty two year old divorced man with an ex-wife who hated me and a daughter who had left with my ex-wife. I had heard from neither of them in the last fifteen years. I was alone and now I was blind.

"How long have I been here?"

"Only about six hours. They're trying to decide what to do with you."

"They don't have to decide. I want to go to my home. I know where everything is. I am capable of taking care of myself."

"Are you sure of that?"

"Yes. Now, please get someone to bring me my clothes and I could use a cane if they have one available."

I have never been comfortable having other people helping me do things I could do myself. I wanted to get home. Have a beer and listen to some good music while I thought this thing through.

I was home later that afternoon. I live in a rural area. I asked my lab assistant to close all the blinds in the windows and lock the door on his way out. I called the head of the physics department and told him I would be taking a long leave of absence, or maybe just resigning. He reminded me that I had stored up about six months of vacation time and another nine months of sick leave. He suggested I use the sick leave, and then some of the vacation until I could sort things out. I thanked him. Got myself a beer, and sat down to listen to some good music.

************

Being blind had brought a lot more problems that I had imagined. Doing anything from dressing to taking a shower or shaving took on whole new dimensions of difficulty.

I decided that I needed a housekeeper. I called a friend at school and had him put an ad in the paper for me. It read:

Wanted: A live in housekeeper/cook. I would prefer a college graduate or at least someone who is a good conversationalist. Good wages and covered medical and dental. Call ..........

It was put in the paper and I started getting phone calls. I taped the calls so that I could remember each of the callers. For the first week, or so, I had lots of calls. Most of them were either young kids just out of high school, or older people (some with serious problems). Then I got a call that grabbed my attention.

"Hello, is this professor Paul Gray?"

"Yes, do I know you? Your voice rings a bell in the back of my head. What is your name.?"

She said her name was Sharon Smith.

"Sharon is a nice name. I had a daughter named Sharon, years ago."

"I understand, from a friend, that you are looking for a housekeeper and cook. I am pretty good at both of those tasks. I would like to interview for the position. I've recently left the hospital after a long recovery from an auto wreck, and I have injuries but I can do your type of work. My face isn't all that pretty after all the work they did to rebuild it. My face won't let me go back into the classroom. I used to teach high school science. At least my school insurance covered the recovery work."

"Sharon, I am blind. Your face is no problem for me.

We should get together and talk. When would you be available?"

"At your convenience. Where do you live?"

I told her, and was surprised at the long silence that followed.

"Did I say something wrong, Sharon?"

"No, how long have you lived at that address?"

"About twenty-five years, give or take a few."

"I can find the house. When do you want me to come by?"

"I'm free all this afternoon. Is that too soon?"

It wasn't too soon. Sharon arrived at the appointed time. I led her into the living room and we sat down. There was something about Sharon that told me that she was the one.

We discussed duties and pay. She was agreeable to the terms.

"When can you start, Sharon?"

"At your convenience."

"How about today?"

"I need to move my clothes and such over here and take care of the all the business that is involved with moving. I would want to move my stuff in before I am truly working for you. I shouldn't be doing moving on your time. Would tomorrow or the day after tomorrow be acceptable? "

"Yes, but don't worry about moving in on my time. I will start your time as of right now. Things will work out."

Sharon got up and let herself out.

The next year and a half went better than I had hoped they would. Sharon seemed to know exactly the things I liked, and she did them exactly as I would have wanted her to. It was almost like she was a mind reader.

We were moving in toward Thanksgiving when things start to change. I was sitting in the living room when I though I heard crying. I followed the sound and found myself at Sharon's door.

"Sharon, are you all right?"

"Yes, I'm sorry I bothered you. I didn't think you would hear me."

"Do you need help with something? I'm always willing to sit and listen. I can't promise I can do anything to help, but sometimes talking things through helps."

"I don't want to pass my hurts on to you, professor."

"Nonsense. I would be happy to listen and talk with you."

"Okay."

I went back to the living room and Sharon followed me. When we were seated she started to speak.

"I miss my family so much. My mother is dead and my father probably wants nothing to do with me. I feel so alone. With Thanksgiving coming up next week the lack of family is overbearing."

"I can understand that, Sharon. My wife left me after I found her in bed with one of the college's athletic coaches. When she left she told my daughter that I was the one who had cheated on her. My daughter left at about the same time and I have been unable to find her since. I have tried, but without luck. At least we won't be alone this Thanksgiving. We make a strange family, but you feel like family."

"Can I sit near you, professor? I need to feel someone next to me."

"O.K. but please understand it has been years since a young lady has sat next to me. If anything 'comes up' please don't take it personally. It's just ...."

"Don't worry, I won't become upset."

Sharon came over and sat next to me. She leaned against my side and put her head against my shoulder. I put one arm around her to let her feel wanted.

We sat that way for probably a half an hour.

The following week we had an ice storm. The sheriff's office declared a state of emergency. Nobody was to go out on the roads.

This was no big deal.

That evening as I was getting out of the tub, I slipped, fell, and hit my head. The next thing I knew I was in my bed and had a brutal headache.

"Owwwww, what happened?"

"You slipped in the bathroom and took a bad fall. You've been out for about half an hour now."

"How did I get into bed?"

"I moved you in here and hoisted you up. I figured it was better than leaving you on the cold floor. I've talked to the emergency room doctor and he has told me what to do and what I should watch out for. You appear to be doing well."

"Thank you. I'm sorry you had to do that."

"You know, professor, you are a nicely built man! I was tempted to take advantage of you. For a while there you had as big an erection as I have ever seen."

I must have turned beet red.

"Don't be embarrassed. I'm just trying to complement you. You have always been a gentleman around me and I will try to be a lady."

"You have no idea how hard it can be to be a gentleman at times, Sharon."

"I can see that, your erection has come back again. May I ask you a personal question?"

"Yes, but I may decline to answer it."

"How long has it been since you have taken a woman to bed with you?"

"Since my wife left me! I don't want to get hurt again. And on top of that, my ex-wife told my daughter so many lies about me I didn't want to do anything that would validate those lies."

"You are a strange man. Most men would simply take whatever chance they could get to bed a woman. But you are being true to yourself in the face of such a temptation. You're quite a mensch."

"Thank you. Could you get me something for this headache?"

"I can't do that professor. The doctor was concerned that you might have had a concussion. I need to watch out for bad signs for the next twelve hours. The best I can offer is an ice bag."

"I guess that will have to do. Thank you."

The next day things were considerably better. My head didn't hurt as much as it had in the previous day.

Thanksgiving dinner was very good. Sharon was an excellent cook. After dinner we went into the living room and Sharon asked if she could put on one of her favorite pieces of music. Of course I said yes.

The music she selected was Leibestraum, by Franz Liszt. She sat down next to me pulled my arm around her and snuggled against me.

I had tears in my eyes.

"What's wrong professor?"

"You'll think it's silly. But, my happiest memories are of having my daughter snuggled up against me while listening to this same piece of music. Every time I think of her my heart aches."

"What would you do if you found her?"

"I don't know. I really don't think she'd give me the chance to explain the way things really were. Her mom got custody because that is simply what the courts did back then. Besides that, I suspect that her mom poisoned her mind for good."

"You are a good man, professor. Your wife must have been an idiot."

I didn't respond to that comment.

"You know, I have taken quite a liking to you. Does that offend you?"

"No, Sharon, I also have taken a real liking to you. In fact I think I'm falling in love with you. I'm sure that you will think that is ridiculous since I am blind and so much older than you are. But, the truth is I can't picture my life without you in it."

Sharon said "I feel the same way." She snuggled closer to me and pulled my hand down so that it was resting on her left breast.

"That's dangerous to do, Sharon. I can handle temptation, but I may not be able to handle that kind of temptation."

"What makes you think that I want you to avoid this temptation? In fact, I would really enjoy playing with you in all sorts of ways. I am not attractive due to the extreme damage caused by the car wreck, so I also have not had any intimate physical contact in the last year or so."

"But, it wouldn't be right."

"Why?"

"Because I can only go all the way with someone I am married to. I am a strong believer in my faith. This type of playing could lead to actual intercourse, and as a Christian I can't go that far unless I'm married to the woman."

"Can you accept going almost that far?"

"If we can stop, I could do that."

Instead of an answer, Sharon moved over so that she was straddling my left leg and her breasts were on my chest. The she started kissing me. I hadn't felt this alive in years.

I could hear her opening up her blouse and taking off her bra. The next thing I knew was that a breast had been placed at my mouth. I licked and sucked it enjoying the pleasure I had so long been denied. Sharon moved her breast away from my mouth and replaced it with her tongue. I was lost in desire and pleasure.

Suddenly Sharon said: "Let's go into the bedroom."

I was very open to that suggestion.

When we got to my bed Sharon removed my clothes and helped me to remove her's. She felt so good against my hands. I had her lay back onto the bed with her feet off the side of the bed. I then proceeded to kiss my way up the inside of one thigh and then the other. After both thighs I moved in to start kissing her pussy lips. I hadn't been this hot in years. I started to lick her nicely shaved slit and spend some time rubbing her clit with my tongue. She tasted wonderful. My skill returned to me and before long Sharon had been through several orgasms.

"It's my turn to play with you professor."

"Where do you want me?"

"Just like you had me."

I moved up so that my back was on the bed and my legs reached down to the floor. The next thing I knew Sharon was gently fondling my balls and kissing my cock. It didn't take long for her to start to lick and suck the end of my cock. I knew I couldn't last much longer.

"I'm going to come. You can just give me a hand job from here on."

She kept on doing what she was doing. I exploded. I may have even passed out for a moment. It was the most intense orgasm I had ever had.

As I became aware of the room again I could feel Sharon cuddled up against me.

"I don't know what to say Sharon. Saying thank you just isn't enough. You have given me a gift far greater than you realize. I don't want to lose you. You are helpful, you care for me, and you are wonderful in bed. I'd love to make this arrangement permanent. But, I'm an old has been."

"Stop talking like that professor. You are not an old has been. You are tender, caring, and a gentleman. I love being around you."

"What would you say to a December May marriage? I don't want to be alone anymore."

"You would marry me? You've never seen me."

"Since when do I need to see with the eyes that which I can see with my heart."

I could feel tear drops on my chest.

"I'm sorry if I upset you, Sharon. I didn't intend to offend you."

"You haven't offended me. I'm kicking myself for having been a fool for many years. Yes, I would love to marry you. However, I can't have kids. Part of the damage from the wreck required them to do a complete hysterectomy on me. Can you live with that?"

"Yes, I've had a vasectomy. Kids are not in the offing."

We decided to get married the week before Christmas. It was a small, informal affair that happened in our living room. That night we were alone for the first time as husband and wife.

We made love most of the night. Oh, was it wonderful. As we woke up in the morning Sharon cuddled up against me and said

"I have a surprise for you."

"Is it a good surprise, or a bad surprise?"

"I think it's a good one, but it will come as a shock. Here, I've always let you play with my left breast. Please suck on my right breast."

I eagerly took it into my mouth and started to play with her nipple with my tongue. That's when the shoe dropped.

"You have a second nipple on this breast. I have only known of two persons who had that anomaly. My wife and our daughter."

I continued then to pleasure her with my tongue.

"Have you ever considered doing this with your daughter?"

"No, it wouldn't be right."

"Are you sure?"

I was a bit nervous now, "what are you getting at?"

"It's been a long time, but Merry Christmas, husband of mine and Dad of mine. We are back together again, and this time we have truly fallen in love with each other."

This Christmas was the best I have ever had.