The Adventures of Lady Belinda

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
raven5
raven5
2 Followers

"Sounds like a plan to me Mister Groat." And he named his price.

When Groat offered his price it actually wasn't that much shy of the one George had asked for, but it was enough for George to know who had been in charge of the deal.

As he led the mare out of the paddock, Pickstock handed the halter to Groat, "You know, Mister Groat," George said in all seriousness, "You let me drive a hard bargain, you really do Mister Groat."

"Thank you George, I shall remember that." And with that he turned the two animals and made his way into Shrewsbury to buy barley.

At the same time that Groat was making his way to Shrewsbury, in the family's rooms at Castle D'Airing Lady Belinda was hatching her own plan.

She began by rummaging through the chests of clothes that had belonged to her brothers. Selecting a non-descript doublet and breeches, a shirt, a dark hat and a pair of men's riding boots, she tried them for size, finding that they fitted her with a minimum of alteration.

Satisfied with her work, she made her way back to her apartments, where she hid the male apparel at the bottom of a chest.

Next she went to the small room, that everyone in the castle, including herself called the 'armoury', where she selected two pistols and some powder and ball. These went with the men's clothes in the bottom of the chest.

Finally the Lady Belinda wrote a note for Colonel Duckett, asking whether he would attend a dinner one evening. As she had to arrange for other guests what evenings in the near future, she asked, her writing sweet innocence, would he be free? This she sealed and despatched with one of Groat's trainee servants.

That accomplished, Belinda Lady D'Airing considered it to be an afternoon well-spent.

Groat too had had a good afternoon. He'd not only purchased barley, but his new mare was settled at one of the local tenements belonging to the D'Airing estates.

Widow Elizabeth Harley had been glad to look after Mister Groat's horse, which he said he might call for at any time, such was Groat's manner with many of the tenants, the Widow Harley was more than happy to accommodate the horse.

From there Groat returned to the castle.

Reflecting the satisfaction of his mistress Groat decided he'd done a good day's work.

To be continued...

raven5
raven5
2 Followers
12