The Apple Tree Ch. 02

Story Info
Becoming a Magician
2.6k words
6.4k
2
0

Part 2 of the 4 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 05/11/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Rebecca knew exactly how fantastic the turkey leg was going to taste. Bela the groundskeeper brought the unusually plump bird in early in the week, and Magda the housekeeper had labored days preparing, seasoning and roasting it to perfection. Rebecca had fasted three days in preparation for the test, and her stomach growled, anxious for her mouth to devour the meat.

She was tied to a chair, blindfolded. It was the third time she'd taken this test: eating the turkey leg by levitating it to her mouth and holding it in place. Each time, the aroma and the anticipation broke her concentration and the food she was working with fell to the floor. She wanted this to succeed for so many reasons, not just because it would signal the end of her apprenticeship, but because she loved Magda's roast turkey.

"Unless you master yourself, you cannot use the powers of heaven and earth on your own safely. They will always master you if you cannot master yourself first. When you master yourself, all will be open to you, and there will be no secrets." The Master was sitting nearby, silently smoking his pipe, but the words from his first lecture echoed in her ears again. She could see the lines of power around her target, writhing and surging, but they would not behave for her, the turkey leg rotating slowly on two axis and wobbling slightly. A little sweat formed on her upper lip as she tried to concentrate harder.

Then, the solution came to her. She invested only enough power to keep the turkey leg in the air and focused most of her attention on her own body and what it was doing, stroking the tendrils of deep hunger and anticipation until they stopped writhing wildly in desire. Her appetite didn't want to behave at first, and resisted her attempt to overpower it, but when she relaxed, it subsided and didn't bother her any longer. The hunger pains disappeared and her mouth stopped salivating ridiculously. Coming to inner balance, she found it almost child's play to guide the meat to her mouth. Ignoring the desire to tear into the luscious food like an animal, she kept her control as she took small, careful bites and chewed her food slowly before swallowing. She found she could detach a little bit of her senses to enjoy the superb flavor, and before long she'd eaten all the meat and sent the remains over to the dog in the corner.

The blindfold was removed and her hands unbound. The Master gave her a rare, broad smile: "Excellent, Rebecca. I was worried for a while, but I knew you could do it. Someday." He took her hand and guided her to the table set next to the kitchen fire. "Let's finish our supper and then we'll look ahead to the last test."

"The Vigil," she replied, gloomily.

"Yes. But we talk about it after supper. You need to eat, and will need to rest. I have one more lesson for you after supper, and then you can get ready for the Vigil at your own pace."

The table was laden with many good things, fine dishes that complemented the turkey, and a bottle of light red wine that accompanied everything perfectly. The Master was in an unusually jovial mood, making small talk and jesting unlike before in their relationship. He seemed more relieved at her success than she did, and she felt a huge burden lifted from her shoulders with her success. Her thoughts drifted to the last test: a mystery that no one every spoke or wrote of, a test that could only be taken once, and failure could cost her life.

He noticed and kept her away from introspection. When they finished their meal, he banished the dishes and leftovers and beckoned her over to a floor length mirror in a corner of the kitchen. "I have something to show you. These are actions you've seen before, but I want you to look at the base relationship. It's important for your future, whether you attempt the Vigil or not."

They saw Bela and Magda's room. The servants were in their mid fifties, had been in the Master's service for decades. Magda told Rebecca once they had been together since they were in their teens, and their four children lived nearby with their own families. Several candles were lit while a fire glowed in the hearth, giving the room a soft orange hue, radiating gentle heat. What surprised Rebecca was the older couple was naked on their bed, making love. The Master watched impassively as they moved from one position to another, trying things as curious children at play, laughing, squirming and moving in harmony developed in long practice together. Rebecca knew what they were doing as well: the Master made sure she knew every sexual practice in her first year of study.

Magda moved between Bela's legs, bending over to put his cock in her mouth. "Tell me, Rebecca, what's the underlying reality expressed here? Most men require this of their women as a sign of submission."

For a moment, she didn't know what to say, and gulped. She said at last: "Most men find this their most enjoyable sex act. Some are disappointed if their women will not do this, think themselves abandoned."

"True. You are right: the sensation is profoundly joyful and easy for a man to make a priority. However, that's not the question. Is Bela forcing Magda to do this out of submission?"

Rebecca bit her lip and fought back a wild urge to perform the act on her Master. "No, definitely not. They are totally committed to one another, would give their lives for each other without hesitation or regret. She wants only his joy, and the reverse is true. See, they trade places and he is licking her genitals. Look at her face!"

"Yes." They stood in silence for a moment, watching, and Rebecca wondered what her Master's point was. "This is the only power of nature you can even consider losing control to, but only in the presence of one totally devoted to you and who you are totally devoted to. We are vulnerable in love, open first to the one we care for, then after to many other dark powers and temptations to domination. The act itself works against maintaining control over yourself, exposing you to immense raw power. It doesn't take a magician of any kind to protect you: only someone totally committed to your life and happiness. In such a equal relationship, you protect each other from the dark side and can surrender to the depth of its power without fear. Settle for no less, or you are lost. It would be better if you remained a virgin for life than lose your power this way to someone unworthy. Choosing the wrong partner is fatal for you and me, since we probe the boundaries of our Art and cannot afford one mistake of maintaining control."

"So that's why. . ." she murmured. Her heart wanted to continue the subject, but her soul told her the time was wrong. If she passed the Vigil, then the conversation could continue, if she wanted.

"Bela and Magda were students of mine, good students. They showed great promise, and would have been wise and powerful mages. But they chose not to try the Vigil. They have been wise and powerful in their own way, and have found in each other the completion of their magic. I am happy for them and treasure their friendship and care every day. They are happy and would not change their lives for any reason."

He turned her to face him and looked deep into her eyes: "Rest and recover from your fast. Probe any little thing you are moved to explore, but do not seek to increase your knowledge greatly. Gathering strength for the Vigil is more important. Remember what I've said, and you will be ready. If you reflect on the Vigil, it will show you what you need to do. I will know what you're doing, but I may not help you: you must keep it entirely yourself. If you see the sunrise, all will become clear."

Rebecca rested a week, building up her strength. She meditated and the Vigil revealed itself to her: she resolved to do it at any risk.

It was near sunset when she made her preparations. The ground needed to be prepared, every stray twig, nut and seed swept from the ground to provide a clean surface for the Working. The apple tree stood silent above her, witnessing her work. Removing her gown, she stood naked, the waning red light setting her skin on fire. She focused her mind, and started walking a four foot wide circle, heel to toe, murmuring the invocation of protection. Once the circle was closed, she stood in the middle and said the word that activated the spell, giving her safety.

Rebecca looked west and saw the sun was starting to touch the horizon: time to begin. She sat in a lotus position: her legs crossed with the tops of her feet on the inside of her knees, soles facing up, her arms extended comfortably, palms up. The Vigil told her to hold this position, eyes closed, while the sun was out of the sky.

The first barrier was boredom. The sky wheeled above, and she sensed whispers of clouds passing in front of the stars. The day was losing its heat and her bare body was starting to chill before she tapped into the Earth's warmth itself to keep her comfortable. Her mind tried to wander, but she kept it close until midnight.

Tingling sensations grew on her buttocks and flowed over her hip toward her leg: a convoy of ants was using her as a highway. Pushing aside her discomfort, she sensed they weren't an illusion and bent on a task that had nothing to do with her. They were harmless, so she calmed her disgust to let them proceed unmolested. The power to control them was best used elsewhere tonight.

Some minor demons appeared outside her Circle, ogling and snickering. "Look at the tasty bitch, love the nipples. Too bad your boobs aren't bigger, we can fix that for you. Looks like all you need is a good fucking, and I've got a nice big dick for you. Ooo, I've got your attention: those little rocks on your chest are saying 'come to Papa'. Give in, baby, give in. It's better than you think. Why save yourself? Have a little fun." Rebecca was used to demonic taunting, and found them easy to ignore.

A storm crept in from the west, starting with distant flashes and rumbling, then growing brighter and louder as it approached. The leaves above her rustled, then shook as the winds picked up. She felt the storm, knew how strong it was, marked its track in her mind and calculated what she would need. When it started dumping rain, she charged her protection circle more and stayed dry and untouched while wind lashed rain and hail fell around her.

Magic cost a lot of energy, and Rebecca knew she had to ration its use carefully. Using too much power would drain her prematurely: no magician blindly called up limitless power unless they wanted to be consumed themselves. Keeping the balance of forces strained her ability a little bit, but she kept her protection while saving personal energy to make the dawn.

Then the earth itself beneath her started to writhe. Her senses probed and found the roots of the apple tree were struggling to break surface: they would entrap, penetrate and imprison her. A malevolent spirit had possessed the tree, and she saw its intent. A root surfaced, reaching upward, writhing, heading for her groin. It took a lot of effort, but she mastered her panic and managed to separate the spirit from the tree. Sweat dripped from her brow, steaming as it hit the earth beside her, but the would-be intruder withdrew.

The Master's voice sounded in her ears: "Well done, kiddo! I knew you could do it. Keep it up." Rebecca smiled to herself and didn't break her focus. "I've decided something important: when the dawn arrives, I'll take you for my own. You deserve it, Rebecca. You will be my consort and we will raise a dynasty of mages to rule the world. It's your destiny: I foresaw it when I visited your family at your uncle Ned's death." Rebecca risked taking her lower lip in her teeth; this was what she'd hoped for over the past three years but something wasn't right. "I will complete your power, teach you more: you will make and break kings for your sport. Give yourself to me completely."

Looking around with her inner sight, she saw the image of her Master outlined in a sick green color, and knew it was the Great Tempter. The demon was famous for offering the fulfillment of deepest desires in exchange for submission. When she realized who it was, Rebecca was able to resist this offer as well, keeping her focus and remaining as she was.

Then, the universe emptied itself, a huge hollow nothing, a perfect void. Rebecca floated in it, wondering what happened, wondering if this was a sign her Vigil was over. The Void sucked at her, tried to pull her into oblivion in its depth, filled her with a feeling of hopelessness, futility, abandonment. It took all her strength and concentration to ride above it, but she did.

A point of light appeared before her: orange, bright, steady, unwavering. She opened her eyes and saw the Sun newly risen, hanging over the horizon. Laughing, she looked around quickly but was drawn to a figure sitting on the ground in front of her, silhouetted by the rising Sun: the Master. It took her a moment to realize it, but he had been there all night without her knowing.

His gaze was immeasurably peaceful. As she looked around, it seemed her Sight multiplied with the increasing light. Every line of force, every hidden mystery was open to her, she only had to reach out and touch something and it revealed itself to her. All she had to do was make her intent clear in her mind and it would happen. It was a power to be touched rarely, lightly, chastely, but totally hers nonetheless.

Her Master was still sitting placidly in front of her. His name was Michael, and there was a bright, white aura around him. She could tell his strength was beginning to fail him: he was ready to lay aside his mantle and live the next two decades in quiet simplicity. She felt his gaze upon her, his admiration of her body, his devotion to her spirit, and his exaltation at her success. All their possible futures were visible as well: the ones where she left and traveled alone, the ones where she stayed with him. What surprised her was she knew he was aware with all of them as well, and totally at peace with each one.

She stood and broke the Circle with her big toe. Stepping out, her head ached for a moment: an apple core struck her. Michael grinned, and Rebecca knew he'd eaten the apple as he kept watch over her.

Rebecca walked over the Michael and stood naked in front of him: calm, collected, controlled and wise. Their eyes were locked, and a question came from his gaze. She reviewed all their possible futures, and made her choice. Rebecca reached out, took Michael's hand, and lifted him to his feet. A surge of warmth came through his flesh and she smiled. They walked back to the tower, hand in hand, the world pausing to let them pass in peace.

Share this Story

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Similar Stories

The Magic Box Ch. 01 Finding the device.in Mind Control
The Gift She Gives Ch. 01 A loss helps her find herself.in NonHuman
Voice Activated Ch. 01 Mike has an accident, and wakes up with a strange new power.in Mind Control
The Coin Pt. 01 Ryan discovers that no good deed goes unrewarded...in Mind Control
Awakening Ch. 01 After a coma he finds he has a new ability.in Mind Control
More Stories