The Archaeologist's Dig Pt. 01

Story Info
As the early morning sun streamed...
1.9k words
3.74
45.2k
12

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 11/17/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Acai
Acai
6 Followers

As the early morning sun streamed through the skylight in the large, extensive main library; 'The Orbit Room', the dust particles from years of archived books were revealed, as they floated gently around on the still air of the room, joining in with the daybreak silence. In the center of the room, Dr. Tarrant loomed over a large, dark mahogany table; his knuckles supporting his weight, and his silver-rimmed glasses slipping off his nose as he leaned, absorbed in a book which lay spread open on the table below him. Every so often, his free hand, which he only used to occasionally flip a page, would move up to his silky, golden-brown hair, and dust his soft bangs out of his eyes, which would slowly begin fall back again. His breathing was virtually silent, but deep, and his chest appeared to be the only moving thing in the room. Normally, Dr. Tarrant would call for absolute silence. This was his library, his room, his quarters, and his mansion. Having no family or ulterior interests, Nathan lived and breathed his work. As he flipped the page once more, he reached end of the book, causing him to quietly sigh, close the book, and stand up straight. He closed his eyes, rolling his stiffened neck back and forth on his shoulders, before seemingly shaking his tension loose, and checking his wrist-watch. Nathan's dark blue eyes flickered to the large oak doors in front of him, which almost on signal creaked open. A young, slender woman crept around the door, and her face lit up immediately upon seeing Dr. Tarrant's presence. She was extremely attractive, with petite features, dark, creamy hair that fell past her waist, and large bright green eyes. She smiled at her mentor, flashing a straight set of pearly white teeth that lay behind her small, soft pink lips. In almost a whisper, she greeted him softly.

"Good morning, Doctor."

Nathan nodded once, before tossing the book he had previously been reading at her.

"It's confirmed. The remains we spotted on our trip two days ago were the Bronze Age remains. Dr. Toby Driver from the commissioners will be here at fourteen hundred hours today to discuss the publication and reservation of our rights on the find."

Nathan raised his eyes to hers, sending a chill down her spine, at which she took a few private moments to recollect her thoughts.

"I assume you made it clear I will be taking full accountability for the find?"

His eyes pierced through her skull and she felt her knees wobble.

"Y-yes, Doctor, of course," breathlessly, she added in the tone of an excited teenage girl, "You are the genius who discovered it, after all."

Nathan's head silently lowered as he pulled another book toward him and began to focus, his smirk concealed from her line of sight. She wavered momentarily, unsure of what she should do – or more importantly - what she was doing. After receiving her doctorate in Archaeology, Dr. Arianna Gold had begun a voluntary year-long contract as the assistant of Doctor Nathan Tarrant: one of the worlds's most esteemed and well-renowned archaeologists, after making several historically altering finds and having received several Nobel awards for each. Arianna, already infatuated with Dr. Tarrant's work prior to becoming his assistant, had found a rather different sort of infatuation with the Doctor begin to grow within her over the last few months, and she found herself - while previously an independent and in-control, assertive type of female – a now weak-kneed sullen puppy who was barely able to control herself at the sight of him. Her mind was racing when she jumped, startled, as Nathan's sharp voice cut through the air.

"That's all."

Arianna turned on her heel and left, cautious again as she passed through the impressive library doors to not disturb the Doctor. Walking down the long but narrow halls of the institution, with her footsteps echoing and the thought of Doctor Tarrant's eyes in her mind, Arianna found her body was beginning to behave irrationally. Normally, logic held her down, but today she found tingles running up her arms. Her pace increased, and she was charging down the hall, her brows furrowed and her eyes in slits. She couldn't hold it any longer. Arianna stopped in her tracks, looking desperately around for a place to hide, and turned the doorknob of the first room on her right. She rushed into, what she soon found to be, the boiler and laundry room, and threw herself down on a heap of clean clothes. Immediately, Arianna found it even harder to breathe than before, as large steam vents overhead, which channeled hot water throughout the mansion, released pressure and humidity into the room. Arianna soon found herself gasping for air, but her mind was slurring and she knew she needed to release the feeling if she ever hoped to continue her normal work. She hitched up her tight pencil skirt and raised her hips, her thumbs going underneath the sides of her white silk panties as she slid them down to her ankles. Wasting no time, her dainty fingers found their way to her smooth clitoris, and she began to rub it in fast, tight circles. Her head fell back and her chest heaved for air as she inhaled, only to find her exhale sounded rather like 'Ooh, Doctor.' She slipped her middle finger inside of her tight hole, and found herself dripping wet. Her lack of ability to compose herself around him only drove her on further, as her index finger kept vigorously stimulating her, whilst her middle pumped itself in and out of her soaking hole. Within no time, Arianna Gold has caused herself to climax, as she yelled out the Doctor's name into the steamy room, and the juices of her lust trickled down her skin. She lay there; head back, eyes closed and mouth wide open, as she tried to regain her breath and senses. Arianna stood up and put her panties and skirt back in their original place, fixed her hair and makeup in the reflection of a large washing machine, and proceeded back out of the door, closing it carefully behind her. Inhaling and exhaling the fresh air, she felt the ease seep back into her, as she continued normally down to her office. She felt confident that she had done all she needed to do, and was feeling optimistic that her future wouldn't be challenged further by her ridiculous behavior.

Arriving at her desk, Arianna sat down, placed on her headset and began her mundane work. She sent emails back and forth between various establishments; contacted people involved with the Doctor's work, and responded to the Q&A of the Doctor's famous website, 'Ask Doctor Tarrant.' Arianna's eyes flickered to a small machine on the side of her desk, which had several bright lights flickering on and off. This was the way the Dr. and Arianna silently communicated their positions throughout the mansion without constantly having to verbally inform one another. If either one was needed face-to-face, they would immediately know where to go, which would be an ordeal otherwise as the mansion was extremely large and complex, and it was not very appealing to Nathan Tarrant to have to ask his assistant where she was each time he required her. Dr. Gold saw that her mentor had moved into the 'Orion's Nebula' room (all the rooms were named by galactic terminology) and sighed, leaning back into her chair to try and imagine what the inside of the room could hold. Orion's Nebula was the one forbidden room in the mansion – Dr. Tarrant's private office. He himself had constructed the room from scratch as an extension of the mansion, so nobody have ever been in it, not even a builder or architect. All Arianna knew, was that whatever lay beyond the large, exquisite, mysterious doors of Orion's Nebula would most likely change the face of the Earth. After all, every single one of Nathan's previous accomplishments had been discovered while he was in his study, and in their own way, changed the future already. Shortly, Arianna had drifted off into her own imagination, but the sound of a video call request ringing in her headset startled her back to reality. She lunged forward and quickly tapped the space bar on her keyboard, accepting the call. Turning her attention to the webcam perched on top of her screen, Arianna flashed her pearly whites in a welcoming smile.

"You're through to Dr. Nathan Tarrant's Institute of Historically Altering Archaeological Research; this is his assistant, Arianna Gold speaking. How may I help?"

As the video of the caller loaded, a bald, scrawny man with beady eyes and thin, round spectacles appeared on Arianna's screen. Her smile relaxed a little as she spoke with a hushed, respectful tone;

"Ah, Dr. Driver, an honour."

Dr. Driver merely stared back, his voice sharp and rushed.

"Yes. Is Dr. Tarrant available?"

Arianna's eyes flashed to the positioning machine, which still showed the Doctor as being in Orion's Nebula. She knew well not to disturb him while he was in there, but she also knew this was important.

"One moment please, I'll just see if he's available."

Arianna gulped and rewired her headset into the positioning machine, then pressed the 'important' buzzer, next to the Orion's Nebula room light. She waited, and after a few moments, the Doctor's voice rang directly into her ears.

"What is it?" he asked, sternly.

"Sorry, Doctor, but Dr. Driver is in a video conference and has asked if you're available," Arianna squeaked.

Nathan sighed.

"Very well, forward him to me."

"Of course Doctor, doing so now," Arianna said.

As she reached to switch the headset back to the video call, the Doctor spoke out once more.

"And Arianna" he began; only pausing for her response,

"Yes, Dr. Tarrant?"

The next thing Arianna heard caused her whole body to erupt in Goosebumps.

"Disturbing me whilst I am in my office will not go unpunished."

With that, the headset clicked off. Arianna forwarded Dr. Driver's call to Dr. Tarrant's office immediately, without another word, then sat back to process what she had just heard. She was going to be punished for disturbing the famous Archaeologist. Punished...punished...what did he mean by punished? Was he going to fire her? Arianna's heart stopped. Oh God, oh no, she couldn't get fired! Not only did she enjoy working under the Doctor's wing so much, but she also needed the references at the end of her year in order to secure her a future in archaeology. She looked back to her screen and tried to continue with her work, but her mind was racing and she couldn't focus at all. Was this really a fair punishment? She thought she'd more likely get into trouble for not forwarding the call. What was she supposed to have done? Her thoughts got quicker and quicker until suddenly, and very sharply, a loud buzz went off in her ear. It was from the Doctor's office, and her heart jumped. She responded.

"Yes, Doctor?"

Nathan wasted no time

"Come to my office," he said sharply, before ending the call.

Arianna Gold's heart rate doubled as she stood up, turning her phone and computer onto 'away from office', and started her way on the long route to her mentor's room.

Acai
Acai
6 Followers