The Architect

Story Info
I see my wife and best friend on the TV news.
28.9k words
4.32
234k
168
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I adjusted the dimension of the wall on the computer monitor in front of me. I glanced up at the TV screen when I heard the news anchor talking about a murder committed in nearby Ocala. The first thing I saw was a long view showing Sally, my wife, and David, my best friend, stepping from a motel door in the background. She had left work early to do some shopping and he was supposed to be in Gainesville checking on a jobsite. I was stunned. What the hell was this?

All sorts of possibilities entered my head. I knew I couldn't accuse them of anything without solid proof. This was a total surprise to me. My wife and I had been married for 14 years and Dave and his wife had been close friends for ten years. Dave, Sally, and I were in business together. We had started an architectural service together. We worked closely together and David Forester, and his wife Mary, were our best friends after hours, we saw each other socially several times a month.

I have a degree in Architecture and do the designs. Sally runs the business end of the firm while Dave works mostly in the field, checking that things are being done correctly according to my plans. We did well until four years ago. I won a prestigious award for the design of a City Hall for a local city. Suddenly we had inquiries from all over. We had quadrupled the size of our staff and I now had 12 other architects working for me. We had just moved into a new building we had built for ourselves. The building was 7 stories tall and our offices took up the whole top floor. The most of the rest of the building was rented and the rents paid the mortgage with a nice profit left over. We had each put up money in the beginning. I had invested 50%, Sally 25% and Dave put up the balance.

I had about 20 major designs in progress at that time and worked long, long hours. I was way ahead of schedule and was planning to slow down soon.

That afternoon's surprise had me very confused. I didn't know what to think. I knew the passion between Sally and I had waned a bit during the last several years because of the long hours I was putting in. I would have bet everything I owned that Sally loved me dearly and was true to me. Our sex life was sporadic but I thought it was adequate.

I thought about what I had seen. George Shelton, my old college buddy, was the assistant manager of the TV Station. I had my secretary get him on the phone for me. He owed me some big time favors from years before. I asked if he could get me a DVD of the News show from that afternoon. He said that was a small thing and he would have it delivered to my office within an hour. I called Sally at four as was my habit no matter where we were if we were apart. She seemed to be happy to hear from me and told me she had bought a nice flank steak and had called Mary and invited she and Dave for dinner so I would need to get home in time to get the grill going. She said she was planning dinner for 6:30 or 7.

It wasn't a few minutes later that my intercom buzzed and the receptionist informed me that she had a small package addressed to Mr. John Nelson. Shortly the DVD was delivered to my office. I put it on and after viewing it three times, I was convinced I had seen what I thought I saw. What I hadn't seen before was that prior to my attention being drawn to the program there was a shot of Dave and Sally kissing inside the door to room 116. They were in plain view behind the reporter describing the area where the murder had occurred several hours prior to that. Another shot showed the name of the Motel, although I recognized it anyway. I had designed the remodel several years ago.

I knew Tom Noble, the owner of the Nobility Motel and I called him and we talked about all the excitement there. I asked if he had surveillance video of that area near room 115 to 118. He said that the police had taken copies of the video of that area of the motel and were very happy with the quality of the pictures. I asked if he knew Dave and he said they had talked on the phone but had never met in person. I told him I was interested looking at those shots. He said we could view them anytime I wanted to see them. He would leave instruction to the desk clerks to give me access to anything I wanted to see. I asked if I could view them in about 15 minutes and he said, "Hey! John, that is no problem the DVDs from this afternoon are in the player now."

I closed down my big computer that I used with my CAD programs. I told my secretary that I was going home a bit early and for her to notify security when the last person left our offices. I watched the surveillance video and saw both of their cars park in front of 116. Dave arrived first, got the key from the office then entered the room. Sally arrived a few minutes later and went right in the door. There was other traffic up and down the walk, then a man with a gun appeared running past 116 and down around the corner of the building. Then police and plain clothes officers were hurrying by carrying drawn weapons. Then all was quiet for a while. Then I saw the TV crew set up and the reporter was visible talking while Sally and Dave kissed in the door and left. I had the clerk make me a copy. I ran the video to the section where Sally and Dave arrived and asked the clerk if he knew them.

"Why yes, I sure do, they spend at least one day or night here every week. They check in about noon and are gone in the morning. That is Mr. and Mrs. Anderson, they have been doin' that for as long as I have been here and that's two years next month. Nice folks!"

I thanked him and took the copy of the DVD and headed home. I had to decide how to play this. I could see no advantage to letting the two cheaters know I was on to them. I would have to keep cool until I had everything figured out. I was formulating a plan, it was rough as yet and I needed time.

I thought about my loving wife. She was a year younger than I and was just turning 35 and looked years younger. She worked out one or two afternoons a week. Now I had a good idea of what exercises she was doing. How could I be so stupid. Were they cheating me in other ways, like stealing money from the business? I needed a secret audit of the books somehow. Sally handled that part of the business and I had always totally trusted her. I would have to get she and Dave out of town or something and set up a forensic audit while they were away.

Then it hit me, Sally and I were supposed to go to the Southeastern Architect's Association meeting for three days the end of next week. We would take Dave and Mary with us. We had even discussed the possibility of doing that a few weeks ago.

I had to find someone I trusted. Marge my regular secretary was going on maternity leave for a month on Monday. I usually isolated myself from most of the other employees and stuck to my own work area with my assistants.

Then I thought of the new girl who had been working for several days, getting checked out by Marge. Marge was getting her ready to take over for her while she was gone on maternity leave. I had noticed that her work was excellent. She was very young and was a very pretty little girl. Marge told me she was extremely intelligent, a single mother with a 2 1/2 year old daughter and was taking college courses on several nights a week. Her name was Debbie Sommers. The few letters and notes I had dictated to her were perfect when she brought them to me.

She had even asked me the first time I met her if she could talk to me for a few minutes. She had wanted to know if there was any chance of getting the company to start a child care room in the building for people like her. She said she thought many of the workers would be much more comfortable having their children close by.

Debbie presented her case very calmly and intelligently, explaining the advantages to the companies in the building. She had the names of the workers from all the companies who wanted such a facility, she had the estimated cost for staffing attendants, and even included the rent of the only available space. This little girl had her act together. I was impressed, I told her to work on her idea some more and had talked the idea over with Sally and Dave. They both thought it was a good idea. Sally was going to meet with all the tenants and sound them out about splitting the costs of the project. I hadn't heard back from Sally as yet.

I needed to talk some with Debbie. I would have plenty of opportunity for the next month when she would be in and out of my private office every day. I thought about Sally, what had happened to us. I could still not believe this woman was only pretending when she was such a passionate lover. She was always happy, she would come in my office several times a day and kiss me lovingly and tell me she loved me. No one was that good an actor, where they?

And Dave, he talked about how much he loved his Mary. I couldn't believe he was lying. Nobody was that good, that sincere, and that demonstrative in their love and still be cheating. I was going to have to be that good tonight or one of them would pick up on it. Could I fool all of them? I needed a cover story to hide behind. Maybe a headache would help, how about a cold or something? No, a headache is best; don't mention it unless someone makes a remark then go take some aspirin.

The dinner that evening went well, it was no different than many other we had shared together. I played the gracious host and loving husband role perfectly. I was seething inside. There were two near misses when I thought things might explode. First Mary asked if anyone had heard about the murder at the Nobility Motel in town. I noticed Sally flinch. Dave was cool as a cucumber and asked if that was the same place we had done some work for in the past. I said it was. I watched Mary, she was serene and calm. I had an idea that she knew that they were lovers and that she was sticking in a needle. Later, after dinner we were all helping clean up. Sally was washing some things and Dave was drying, Mary was carrying dishes in from the patio where we had eaten and I was right behind her with some pots and pans. Sally and Dave were softly talking as we entered. Mary said, "Hey, what are you two scheming about, where to meet after John and I are asleep in our beds?"

They jumped and Sally laughed, "Hell yes, it's the only way we get any lovin'. You 'stick-in-the-mud's won't give us any. I keep askin' Old Dave but he is afraid Mary would catch us and throw him out on his ear." Everyone had a good laugh.

Mary snorted, "Hell, don't worry about that, at least I would know he wouldn't be bringing home some strange disease!"

Sally giggled, "Right, there is no way I would ever catch anything from John." She hugged and kissed me. Damn, she was good. I grinned and laughed along with everyone else.

After Mary and Dave left, I looked at Sally, "What's going on, is there something I should know?"

She looked at me with her beautiful brown eyes, "What do you mean?"

"I really don't know, it was just a feeling I got, like everyone knows something I don't know. Is it just me?"

"I don't know! All I know is that I love only you. You are my life, my reason for living. I am ready to try for a baby. I only have a few more years left before it will be too late. The only baby I will ever have is yours my sweet love, only yours. Now go lock up and I'll get the lights, and meet you upstairs, OK."

I stood and tried to figure out what to do. I thought about it for a while, I was sure I was right yet I also believed she was telling the truth when she said she loved me. I shrugged and went on up the stairs. I walked slowly into our bedroom and saw her on our bed, her eyes were closed. I shrugged and undressed then went in the bathroom, showered, and washed my teeth. Her eyes were open when I returned, she smiled and spread her arms and legs, saying, "Come to me my sweet love, I need your love so I can sleep. I need you to make me feel content and loved." Her body was magnificent, she was irresistible, I needed her as much as she said she needed me. I sat next to her on the bed and ran my hands gently over her firm yet soft body. She softly moaned when I caressed her breasts and tweaked her nipples. I looked down and saw her pussy.

It gaped open wider than I had ever seen it. It was very wet and fluid dripped from the open vagina. I had never seen it look that way. A small gob of a white substance dropped out. My erect cock went instantly limp. I stood and walked to the bathroom. I was sick on my stomach. I struggled to keep from throwing up my dinner. I quickly knelt by the toilet bowl. Up came dinner. Sally was beside me holding my head. I pulled away and washed my face in cold water. I couldn't look at her.

I went to my dressing area and pulled on some jeans, a T-shirt, and some sneakers. I got my keys and billfold from my slacks. Sally kept asking me what was wrong. When I looked at her I started crying and ran from the house. I drove away not knowing where I was going, I just drove. It was only about ten o'clock and I saw a little café I knew and pulled in so I could get a coffee and think about what I was going to do. My cell phone was ringing. I looked at it, Sally. I turned it off and went in the café. It was almost empty. I sat in a booth. A waiter approached and I ordered coffee. I sat sipping my hot coffee and wondered how I had let my marriage get away from me. Why had I not seen some signs.

My head was in my hand and my eyes were closed as I tried to make sense of this mess my life had become. I heard a soft sweet voice say, "Hey, sailor, things can't possibly be that bad."

I looked up. There was Debbie from my office. I shook my head, "No, they are really much worse. My life has just gone in the garbage can!"

She was looking very concerned. She took my hand in her small one and said, "Boss, I am a very good listener, I am on my way home from night school and I have some time to spare. Do you want to tell me all about it?"

I looked at her. I sighed, "Girl, my problems are too nasty for your innocent little ears."

"I don't think there is a thing you can tell me that I haven't heard before, my Dad was a street cop and he told us everything that happened at work. He worked the worst areas in the town. My sister is a nymphomaniac with a drinking problem. Her husband is a druggie. I have heard or seen it all."

I stared at her. "Girl, please forgive me, I guess my problems are only that bad to me. I just don't know what to do."

"Boss, Mister John, just tell me about it. Maybe just getting it off your chest will clarify things for you."

"OK, girl, you asked for it. I just found out my wife has been cheating on me with my partner and best friend. They are not aware that I know. My wife had her lover and his wife over for dinner tonight. It was hard to stay calm but I have no hard proof yet. I believe they had sex this afternoon. After dinner she wanted to have sex with me. I saw what appeared to be cum dripping out of her. I lost it and ran and threw up. Then I ran from the house. So there you have it. A sad cuckold's story, What gets me is that she says she loves me very often and I believe her. I know it can't be true though."

She still my hand in her little hands, she said, "You are talking about Miss Sally and Mister Dave, right?"

"Yes."

"Your wife is one of the most beautiful and classy women I have ever seen. She always looks perfect. I don't like Mister Dave, he always looks like he is undressing me with his eyes. He has never said anything though. I think your wife may have a similar problem to my sister's problem. She loved her husband dearly but she cheated on him almost every day. She couldn't help herself. She would go with any man that asked her and if a man didn't ask her she would ask him."

"What happened to her?"

"Her husband divorced her and she got worse, she is dying of AIDS now. Her kids are with their father."

"Oh God! I still love her! The two kinds of people I hate the most are cheaters and liars. How can I ever trust her again; how can I live with her again? What can I do?"

"Mr. John, I believe people can change. Maybe with counseling for both of you, this can be resolved."

I looked at this sweet young woman, "Honey, do you really believe that?"

"Mr. John, there are too many unknowns in this case for me to hazard a guess. Does she love him too? How did it start? Does she want it to end? Who does she love the most? How long have they been doing this? Why hasn't she quit? Lots of stuff to try and find out. I would guess that the quicker you can get this information the easier it will be for you. Is there a pattern to when they get together? How do they communicate? I would like to suggest that you request a detailed summary of all her cell phone calls for the last few months."

This young girl was pretty damned clever. I decided to trust her, she already knew everything. I told her I would pay her to help me gather some of the information I need. She laughed, "I will help you, I don't want your money, I don't help friends for money."

"OK friend, then call me John except at work. We need to seem normal at work. I think I would like you to find an investigator and a forensic accountant for me. We are all supposed to all go to a meeting in Atlanta on Friday and return on Monday. Money is no object. I will give you a company credit card so you can pay for everything. I think they meet on Tuesdays or Fridays when she is supposed to be at the gym. I'll give you the name of the gym. I know where they meet, I even know what room they use. The owner of the Motel is one of my clients. I think hidden cameras would be in order. So, Miss Sommers, does that give you enough to get started with?"

She smiled, "The name is Debbie, John. I may need to get you to pay for a baby sitter so I can get some of this done."

"Put it on the card, you can get up to $300.00 in cash from any ATM or for a charge anywhere, it has a total amount of $10,000.00. I'll give you the pin when I give you the card." I put my other hand over hers. "I assure you I will not forget what you are doing for me. You make a damned fine friend. I take good care of my friends, I always have. I am really ashamed to say that I don't really know many of the people who work for the company and who their allegiance may be with. I don't exactly know why, but I trust you completely."

"Mr. John, I appreciate that."'

I felt as is a load was lifted from my chest, I leaned back in the booth and looked at this woman/child. What an interesting person she was. I grinned at her, "I have been thinking about this and I guess this problem with my wife has to be my fault, I have somehow not been providing my wife with the attention she needs or something. I can't see that the usual thing about the hubby being too tied up with business could apply because she spends almost as much time on it as I do. I need more information to see if it is something that can be fixed." I smiled, "er.. Ah.. Un Debbie, you were right, you are a good listener and wise beyond your years. Tell me a little about yourself."

"Well, Mr. John, as I told you my father was a cop. He was shot by a man he stopped to tell that his gas cap on his car was loose and was hanging by a plastic cord. Dad only lasted a few hours, Mom and I were holding his hands when he passed away. We moved in with my Uncle William Denton, he has a huge house and has never married. That was when I was 15. We were happy there, Uncle William was very strict with Nancy, my Sister and I. She was two years older and just did whatever she wanted to do, no matter what he said. He finally gave her a choice, obey him or get out.

She disappeared the next day, He put out a missing child report on her and the Cops brought her home a couple of days later. She was gone again in two days. It was over a year before we saw her again. She knocked on the door one night with a husband and a baby. Uncle William took them in and they stayed for several years in Uncle Bill's guest cottage out back.

123456...8