The Arrangement Ch. 05

Story Info
Will he get her back?
5.5k words
4.83
22.7k
8

Part 5 of the 6 part series

Updated 09/25/2022
Created 05/10/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
zouzouni
zouzouni
357 Followers

A really huge thank you to apollona for all his help with this. Also to the Guild for their support :) Please enjoy ...

***

Jonathan was on his fifth, maybe sixth drink of the evening. Sitting at the bar he was contemplating why he was even there in the first place. Oh he knew why he was there, Marcus had called. He was trying to figure out why he cared what the handsome man thought. Why he felt like he was at his beck and call.

Nursing his drink he recalled the night weeks ago when he met the improbably beautiful couple. He was at this very bar having a quiet drink with a couple of colleagues, a far cry from his wild partying days. They had walked in as though they owned the place and for all Jonathan knew they may as well have. People fawned all over them, wanting to be close to them, to be seen in their company.

Jonathan was not immune to their charms. Lord that Julia was stunning and a part of him coveted her for himself. Reality stated that she was completely out of his league but that didn't stop him wanting her. There was something completely mesmerizing about the couple.

Marcus had called and invited him to a night out, and so he found himself sitting there drinking heavily and wondering why he kept putting himself in these situations. The last thing he wanted was another confrontation with his father. He didn't want to jeopardize the relationship that had only recently been repaired.

Marcus and Julia waltzed in much later and Jonathan was relieved to see them. "Jonathan, my friend." Marcus purred by way of greeting. The sound of his voice sent shivers up Jonathan's spine. "You've started without us. Never mind I'm sure we'll catch up." He chuckled.

As was typical of Marcus and Julia, they drew a crowd. An ever expanding group of people desperate to be within the strange web they spread before them. Everyone was drinking and having a wonderful time until Julia announced that it was time to leave. That was the way Julia did things; she made announcements and proclamations of fact.

"Come along Jonathan." She said with a devastating look. "Let's continued this party back at our place." She drawled as she traced her finger across his lips. Jonathan was lost, there was nothing he could do other than follow this divine creature directly into hell if she so chose.

Jonathan had had a great deal to drink and his tolerance levels were nonexistent considering he'd been a good boy for so long. It's why the alcohol hit him so hard as he stepped out of the car at their place. Swaying in place and stumbling forward he felt strong arms bare him up and guide him into the house. Those same arms placed him on the couch and stepped away. As soon as he was released Jonathan passed out.

"Damn it!!" yelled Julia. "I was looking forward to some clean blood for a change." She whined.

"You can still feed darling." Marcus said wrapping his arms around her.

"Yes, but it is no fun without them screaming. You said I could play and I want to play." She pouted as she snuggled into his chest.

"Ok my love, we'll go out and find you another pet to play with. Maybe when he comes around we can enjoy him too." Marcus chuckled. Julia smiled radiantly at him as they departed leaving Jonathan on the couch snoring quietly.

***

Ayden circled the neighbourhood for the third time making sure that there was nothing out of the ordinary. He was only mildly concerned with encountering any sentries Marcus may have left. His main reason for trying to avoid them was that they could potentially warn Marcus and that could affect his treatment of Jade. The tug in his stomach was stronger now, almost throbbing in its intensity. He could feel her, his Jade, she was close. He wanted to run to her but he knew her safety depended on his being careful.

Clamping down on his instincts he parked the car several streets away from the address he'd obtained from Steven. Darkness caused by cloud cover suited his purposes as he made his way closer to the house. Walking passed darkened windows of sleeping households he hoped that the violence that was planned for this night didn't spill over into the neighbourhood. He was determined to rescue Jade but he also didn't want any innocent humans becoming collateral damage.

Amusingly the house in question had its porch light on. Ayden almost chuckled at the warm and inviting image it portrayed. Marcus' scent was everywhere now. He could also smell a couple of humans and another vampire. That thought made him hiss. If Marcus had help this may not be as easy as he expected. However, he could sense that the two vampires were not in attendance at this moment. He approached cautiously nonetheless. Nothing was going to keep him from Jade, not even an army.

***

Jonathan woke up groggily. A bleary glance at his watch told him he'd been out for a couple of hours. The queasiness of his stomach told him why. Stumbling through the unfamiliar house he finally found the bathroom and divested himself of the contents of his stomach. A couple of glasses of water and practically drowning himself under the tap managed to bring some semblance of clarity. Where on earth were Marcus and Julia?

Still dizzy, Jonathan tried to find his way back to the living room. He needed to call a cab and get himself out of there. In his inebriated state he got somewhat turned around and so he started opening random doors to find his way.

Jonathan opened a door he was sure led to the living room. Realizing it wasn't he was about to close it when he heard a groan. What on earth was going on? There was someone else in the house? He fumbled for the light switch and hit it on the fourth try. As the light illuminated the room before him he noticed someone on the bed. Correction, he noticed someone tied to the bed. Moving closer his face paled as he saw the woman tied to the bed.

Jonathan's heart started to beat rapidly, what on earth were Marcus and Julia into? He approached cautiously and tried to make sense of what he was seeing. The woman was black and blue from head to toe, angry red welts interspaced between and on top of the bruises. Jonathan could now taste the bile as it rose from his stomach. Who on earth would do such a thing? Looking at her face he noticed something familiar about her but he couldn't place it. She groaned again and he nearly jumped out of his skin.

Jade's whole body was pulsing in pain, so much so that she couldn't even delineate which parts hurt more. Julia had been particularly vicious during that last session and no 'trips to Ayden' were able to block out the entirety of the assault as she showed off for Marcus. Jade belatedly realized that the light had been turned on. They couldn't possibly be back already. She slowly and painfully tried to open her eyes, her left one not opening fully as it had swollen.

There was a man leaning over her. Although her natural reaction was to scream all the fight had felt her, she didn't care what happened to her anymore as long as Ayden was safe. Her vision cleared and she recognized him then shock replaced indifference.

"Jonathan, what are you doing here? You need to leave, it isn't safe." She managed to croak out.

Jonathan struggled to hear her and he finally identified who the woman was. His alcohol addled mind cleared instantly. "Oh my God Jade! What happened to you? Who did this to you?" He asked as his hands automatically went for the bonds tying her to the bed.

"No time. Too dangerous. You must get away. Go. Please." She pleaded. She couldn't allow another person to fall victim to Marcus and Julia's evil. He had to leave and she kept telling him so until her voice gave out.

Jonathan ignored her pleas. If he was going, she was going with him. He couldn't possibly leave her like this. Almost yelling in frustration he tried to untie her to no avail. He felt he would need to go in to the kitchen and get a knife but didn't want to leave her. Frantically he started looking around for something to use on the ropes. His eyes landed on the knife on the bedside table, sending a quick prayer heavenward he grabbed it and started attacking the ropes.

Jade was annoyed that he wasn't listening to her. Her heart pounded in fear, her eyes darting to the door expecting them to walk in at any moment. Jonathan managed to free her arms and she lowered them crying out in pain. He winced at her agony but continued to cut through the bindings on her ankles. Finally she was free.

Jade was hurting but she tried to get up anyway. Even with Jonathan's help they weren't making much progress. Jonathan tried to help lift her but something came at him and the next thing he knew he was on the floor metres away. He groaned as he tried to get up unsure of what had hit him. Something was clasped around his neck and he couldn't breathe. He struggled and clawed at the devise but it wouldn't budge. His vision was fading as he couldn't suck in enough oxygen to fuel his movements. Things were not good, if he was killed, who would help Jade?

***

Although Ayden could sense that Marcus and the other vampire were not there at the moment, he had probably left a human around to guard her. Stealthily he let himself in and headed in the direction of the whispering. In his anxiety to get to her he wasn't focusing on what was being said, only on getting to Jade. He stood in the doorway of the room; a man was leaning over Jade, his Jade, with a knife in his hands.

Ayden's beast reared its ugly head as he launched himself across the room and into the man. Snarling he grabbed him around the neck and started squeezing. Oh he wouldn't kill him straight away; he wanted to inflict some pain first.

Jade watched as a blur crossed the room to smash into Jonathan. Slowly that blur took shape and she almost couldn't believe it. Ayden was here, the thought nearly made her heart stop. He was here and he was choking Jonathan. Jade was unsure if she could stop him but she had to try.

"Ayden! Ayden! Please stop. He's a friend. Please Ayden." She said as loud as she could, her voice hot helping her in the least. She tried again but he wasn't moving. Jade could see Jonathan turning blue as his arms that were lashing out now hung limply at his sides. Again, and again she tried.

Ayden could hear something in the background. He thought he heard his name but he couldn't be sure. He was so focused on destroying the thing in front of him. Again he heard his name, this time he didn't fight the impulse to look around. Not letting go of the man, Ayden turned his head and concentrated on what was happening around him. Jade was talking, well more like whispering. He listened. The man was a friend. Oh. Regretfully he let the man drop to the floor and turned his attention to Jade.

What he saw on the bed before him broke his heart. Seeing her naked frame sorely abused hurt him like a physical wound. Ayden sank to his knees beside the bed and buried his head on the mattress. He couldn't look at her; he didn't want to see the damage he had caused her. How could she love him after this?

Jade still couldn't believe her eyes, he was here. She reached out a trembling hand and stroked his hair, ignoring the pain it caused her. "Ayden, it isn't safe for you here. Marcus wants you dead. Please just take Jonathan and go." She whispered, tears welling in her eyes.

Ayden's head jerked up at her touch and hearing the care and concern for him in her voice tore at his heart anew. Where did all this compassion come from, she was truly unique. Ever so carefully he wrapped her up in the sheet on the bed. As he went to lift her she said "Jonathan." Ayden looked toward the floor and noticed the man slowly coming around after he nearly crushed his throat.

"Get up. We have to go." He ordered as he lifted Jade into the security of his arms. The odd trio made their way quickly outside. Ayden wanted to use his speed to get to the car but Jade would not hear of leaving Jonathan behind. By the time they got to the vehicle Ayden was thoroughly irritated at the man for delaying their progress.

The ride home was filled with an aching silence, only filled with Jade's quiet groans each time the car hit a rough spot. Ayden winced each time this occurred. At the house he quickly took her upstairs and cleaned her up, he needed to see the extent of her injuries. Laying her on their bed he examined her thoroughly. She had several broken bones, many deep bruises and he was sure there was internal bleeding. Ayden was amazed that she was able to stay conscious. He needed to get her to a hospital; it wasn't simply a matter of rest and healing.

"No, no hospital." She argued as he prepared to leave again. "No one is going to believe any story we come up with. Blood, I need your blood. It will heal me." She said her voice fading fast as was her ability to stay conscious. She was adamant in her demand. He had no idea what his blood would do to her, but if she believed that it would help then he would comply. He could always take her to the hospital afterwards.Ayden carefully pierced his wrist with his fangs and lowered it to her lips. She was so week she struggled to form a seal and take in his blood. As soon as that spicy liquid hit her tongue she was enveloped in a cocoon of calm. She drank deeply unable to get enough of the incredible taste. Ayden slowly managed to pry her lips away unsure how much she needed or what to do next.

Jade was grateful that the pain had subsided allowing her a moment of relief. That taste also brought with it a flood of memories as she recalled how she received Ayden's blood the first time. It certainly had been accidental. It was the night they made love after she pulled him up about being distracted. He must have nicked his lip or tongue without realizing it, but she definitely remembered the exotic sweetness of that flavour. With that thought she allowed herself to sleep knowing his healing life force would make her feel better.

Ayden looked down on her noticing that she seemed to be resting comfortably and in no pain. Maybe she was right, the blood would work. He had been so focused on her needs that he hadn't noticed the man in the doorway until he spoke.

"What are you and what did you do to Jade?" Jonathan demanded, his voice gravelly after the punishment he'd taken earlier. He didn't know what was going on but he'd be damned if he was going to let Jade get hurt again. "Jonathan isn't it?" Ayden asked, his eyes never leaving her. "Jade said you were a friend. How do you know her?"

"She manages the marketing and advertising for my father's company. We've worked closely with her over the last few months. My father considers her family, as do I. Now, what is going on?" Jonathan demanded. Ayden sighed and nodded acknowledging the draw this amazing woman had to all around her. "I am vampire, Jonathan." Ayden said matter of factly. "Marcus and Julia are also. They kidnapped Jade to get to me. I came to rescue her and saw you standing over her with a knife in your hand. I didn't take the time to ask questions. I'm sorry about your neck but she is my ... my ..." he couldn't get the words out as his throat closed with emotion. "She is my everything." He finally whispered.

Jonathan's mind reeled with the information. The room started spinning as he felt the thud of his arse hit the floor. It was enough of a jolt to wake him up but was still grateful for Ayden's strength as he helped him into an armchair. It took a while for him to gather his composure but eventually he did. He told Ayden all he knew about Marcus and Julia and how he came to be at the house. Jonathan realized that this vampire was indeed in love with Jade. He'd never seen anyone look at anyone else that way. The adoration and anguish marred the lines of his beautiful face. No he wouldn't hurt her.

Both men lapsed into silence as they quietly watched and waited for Jade to recover. Ayden was already planning and plotting his next move. He didn't know when or how but Marcus was going to die, again, but this time it would be permanent.

***

Marcus and Julia returned home to find their front door wide open. He growled as he scented Ayden on the air. Cursing himself for leaving the human alone he barged in to find the house empty. He screamed in fury and frustration as he tore through any and all available objects in front of him. When his anger had somewhat abated the house looked like a tornado had ripped through it.

Julia remained on the sidelines as she watched his fury unleashed. A part of her was frightened at his reaction, certain of some repercussions on her part since it was at her suggestion that they left for the night. Another part of her was aroused by the display of force. It thrilled her that her mate could be that destructive.

"Not again. I will not play games any more. Ayden and I will finish this." He growled. "Now my darling, you know it is your fault the human got away, you and your demands. I think a punishment is in order." He snarled at her.

Julia backed away. She knew that look in his eye, he was serious and this wasn't one of their little games. This time he was going to make her hurt, really hurt. Bizarrely that knowledge sent a little twinge of pleasure through her groin. She would sport the marks for a while but she was going to enjoy Marcus' punishment. She tried not to smile as he approached her. ***

Ayden was reluctant to leave Jade but he needed to go out and see about Marcus. As long as Marcus was out there, Jade would be unsafe and he wouldn't allow any harm to come to her again. He'd packed off Jonathan to guest room while he sat by her bed for hours. Slowly he noticed the bruises fading and felt the broken bones knitting together. It surprised him that his blood would have these healing properties. It also angered him how little he knew about being a vampire. It was excruciatingly frustrating to live so long and not know about something as simple as the effects of his blood.

Knowing she was safe for the moment he took the opportunity to go back to the house. He knew Marcus and Julia weren't there but he was still cautious. The place was a wreck; it seemed that Marcus was not very happy with the turn of events. This pleased Ayden. Still, he now had to search for him all over again.

His eyes took in the destruction of the living room and he noticed something on the wall. It was piece of paper with a knife holding it to the plaster. Ayden pulled out the knife and grabbed the paper. It appeared that Marcus had left him a note.

'No more games. Meet me at the picnic area of Creswick Woods. Friday. Midnight. We will finish this.'

The childish drama of it almost amused Ayden until he thought about what that vile creature had done to Jade. Oh he would meet him and he would definitely finish it. Shoving the paper into his pocket he left needing to get back to Jade.

***

Jade awoke but she kept her eyes closed. She felt disoriented and confused. It was all a dream, it had to be. Ayden didn't rescue her, Jonathan wasn't there. It was all in her imagination and she would open her eyes to find herself still in that horrible room awaiting the next round of cruelty that Marcus and Julia wished to inflict. It was a cruel dream to have at this point in time.

Slowly she opened her eyes and found herself in her own room, on her own bed, in her own clothes. She felt no pain, for which she was grateful, but she could also see no bruises on her skin. Oh the mind was cruel indeed. Gradually she stretched testing her limbs and muscles. Other than some tiredness, she felt well, healthy and whole. Her mind was still trying to work out how this dream could possibly feel so real.

Ayden noticed her stirring and joined her on the bed. "You're awake. How do you feel sweetheart?" he asked looking into her eyes.

Jade watched him as he sat next to her and cursed her brain for inventing such torture. He couldn't be there, it wasn't real. She covered her face with her hands and started crying. "It's not fair. It's not real." She sobbed.

zouzouni
zouzouni
357 Followers
12