The Arrangement Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
zouzouni
zouzouni
357 Followers

Time ground almost to a halt. Ayden's senses came into sharp focus, unlike anything he'd ever experienced before. Images were appearing before him in flashes, where ever he looked, he could discern the minutest detail. Each leaf in the brushes surrounding the clearing, Jonathan's crumpled body, heartbeat still intact. Julia's grinning form and the darkness in her soul. The colours where almost blinding as he looked around.

He turned his attention to Marcus and could clearly make out his black heart. His bloodied, elongated fangs sinking into what remained of his lover's neck. Holding her like a discarded rag doll.

He zoomed into the image of Marcus' teeth in her throat, and heard the tearing as he ripped her throat open, as he shoved her to the ground. Her blood still staining his lips.

Ayden saw this in achingly clear detail. A burning sensation spread through his chest. Deeper than rage and grief, and more than his beast's need to destroy. This was a cold kind of heat. He embraced it and allowed it to consume him.

With deathly calm he approached Marcus slowly, somewhat surprised at the odd look on the vampire's face. Ayden followed Marcus' eyes to observe with chilling detachment that his hands were glowing. It didn't matter, Marcus was going to die, that mattered, and of that he was certain.

"It can't be. You can't ..." were the last words Marcus would ever speak as Ayden came up alongside him. Why was he speaking in slow motion? Marcus started to run and Ayden just smiled. His speed and power greatly enhanced it took no time or effort to catch Marcus. Ayden dragged him to the ground impervious to his struggles. Placing those glowing hands on either side of Marcus' head and giving a little twist he easily detached it from the body. Immediately the remains started to decay and crumble. Ayden was distracted from his moment of triumph by Julia's cry of anguish. He merely thought it, and surprisingly found himself next to her yanking on her hair and divesting her of her head as well. Again the remains crumbled to dust.

It was done. Over. Why didn't he feel elated at the fact? Time normalized. The cold burning power that suffused him quickly retreated and he fell to his knees. Crawling he made his way to Jade's prone body; the blood pouring out of her was soaking into the ground. He gathered her in his arms and made a keening sound as he felt wetness on his face. Tears? Vampires don't cry, it was one of the very few pieces of information that Marcus had ever parted with. Regardless, Ayden sat there crying over the woman that he loved as her life seeped out of her.

***

Jonathan came to with a pounding headache and a sharp jarring pain in his arm. Realizing it was broken he cradled it gently to his body and headed back to the clearing to find Jade. The scene that met his eyes had him immobilized. Ayden started to glow and all hell broke loose. One moment he was at the far end of the clearing dispatching Marcus, the next he was over by the picnic tables decapitating Julia. Jonathan only regained his ability to function when he saw Ayden crawl over to Jade. It was only then that he started to run in their direction.

Puffing from the pain of moving so quickly he reached them and almost fainted in shock as he saw Ayden's blood streaked face. "Is she dead?" he asked amazed that he could even voice the question.

Ayden just looked at him blankly. Jonathan squatted down and took her wrist ignoring Ayden's hiss as he touched her. She had a pulse, faint, weak, but a pulse.

"She's still alive. Do something!" Jonathan exclaimed. The pain and anguish clearly visible in Ayden's face were obviously marring his ability to think clearly. "Damn it Ayden do something. Give her your blood, convert her, anything. Just save her." he pleaded physically pushing the vampire to try and goad him into some type of action.

Like rising out of the thick layers of unconsciousness, Ayden finally allowed Jonathan's words to sink in. He slashed at his wrist and held it to her mouth. She was beyond swallowing but he hoped that a small trickle made it down her throat out of sheer gravity. He heard her heart falter and stop, at that moment his world ended. Ayden screamed, a dark feral sound that echoed around them in the night.

Numb, he gathered her up and carried her to the car. He followed Jonathan, grateful for the man's help as he had no idea what he was doing. He wasn't even sure how he managed to drive them home.

An uncanny sense of déjà vu enveloped Ayden as he cleaned up Jade and laid her in their bed, a bandage around her damaged neck. Karl had managed to get Jonathan off to the hospital allowing Ayden to just sit and wait. Wait and watch to see if by some miracle he'd managed to save his precious Jade.

Hours passed with no change. Jonathan had come back with his arm in plaster, a sling holding it immobile. He sat with him and together they waited until Jonathan succumbed to exhaustion and pain medication. Ayden carried the man to the spare room before returning to his vigil at her bedside.

***

Jade woke with the same dizzying sense of disorientation she'd felt less than a week ago. Again she opened her eyes to find herself in familiar surroundings. Only this time it felt like she was on sensory overload. There was a loud thumping assaulting her ears, she could see the specks of dust on the light fixture and there was a tantalizing smell that seemed vaguely familiar.

"What's wrong with me?" she whispered as she tried to sit up.

"Absolutely nothing. You are perfect." Said Ayden as he smiled from his chair at the end of the bed. He'd only started to hope in the last couple of hours when he was able to discern changes in her skin. Her features sharpened and softened where necessary so that where she was beautiful she was now breathtaking. His Jade was whole again and she was his forever.

Jade looked at her hands and was shocked at the slight iridescence of her skin and realization dawned. She recalled the last moments of her life, her irrational hope that Ayden would just leave and be safe. The moment Marcus touched her she knew she was going to die, all she wanted to do was to let Ayden know she loved him. Other than telling him with her eyes, this was denied her. His beautiful face etched in pain was the last thing she remembered before everything went black.

"You did it. You changed me." She breathed. Excitedly she leaped off the bed and into Ayden causing both of them to topple as the chair collapsed beneath them.

"Careful love, you are much stronger now." He chuckled as he held her close to him. They disentangled themselves and stood up but still Ayden was unwilling to let her go. He smelled good, that was the scent that was tickling her earlier. Ayden. More than just a tickle, it was turning into a burning need as she started to feel strange. A peculiar sensation started in her gums and she felt her canines lengthen.

"What is happening Ayden?" she asked a little frightened by the newness of it all.

"It is all right Jade, you just need to feed." He smiled at her.

Jade looked around nervously. How on earth was she supposed to do that? Who was she going to feed off, surely not Karl? Sensing her apprehension Ayden held her tighter and stroked her hair.

"Don't worry love, you will feed off me to start with and then we'll work something out." He soothed as he lowered her onto the bed. "Now listen for the pulse of the blood and feel the heat coming off the area. Once you have a position just bite down and drink." He explained. "Don't worry you won't hurt me and I'll let you know when it is enough."

Jade was trembling as she lowered her mouth onto his exposed neck. Following his instructions she was rewarded with the sweet exotic essence that was just him. She allowed her whole universe to become that moment, that taste, the pull on his neck.

Ayden was a little disappointed to have to stop her as it was a very pleasant sensation having her feed from him. Different to what he believed humans experienced but arousing none the less as evidenced by the bulge in his pants. She came away without difficulty and even licked the wound closed. His Jade was a natural; she was going to be fine.

Jade's whole body hummed in pleasure now that it was full of Ayden's powerful blood. She gave him a gentle kiss to express her gratitude in his assistance and care with her. That wasn't enough for Ayden as he rolled her underneath him and proceeded to devour her mouth. How many times had they danced this dance, except this time it was his blood they both tasted as their tongues duelled. The thought gave her a little thrill as she melting into his unending kisses.

Liquid fire raced through Jade's veins as Ayden lifted her top to suckle on her nipples. It was more than she could take as she shredded his clothes needing to feel his skin on her. This time was not going to be gentle and loving. This was all about need and passion. Using her new strength she rolled him so that she was on top quickly lowering herself onto his throbbing hardness.

Ayden groaned as she enveloped him in her molten heat. Home, that's what it felt like. Like coming home. Grasping her hips firmly he allowed her to set the pace as she ground herself on him over and over. It was easier now knowing her could love her with abandon, not having to worry that he would hurt her. He met her thrusts as their bodies collided, causing Jade to cry out in pleasure.

"Mine forever." He growled as his hand snaked between them to flick at her clit.

"Yours forever." She gasped as his fingers expertly sent her flying into sheer bliss, her walls convulsing around him so that he also came with a groan.

Jade collapsed on top of him trying to make sense of the sensory jumble that was her world now. That was the most intense experience she'd ever had. Everything felt heightened more powerful somehow. She lay there trying to understand as he stroked her back.

"That was ..." she tried to express her emotions to no avail.

"I know sweetheart. Everything will be overwhelming for a while but you'll learn to control it. Rest now." He chuckled as he tucked her into his side happier than he'd ever been. She was his, truly his.

The door burst open and Jonathan stormed in. He'd waited and waited but there was no word from Ayden as to Jade's condition so he decided to come and see for himself. What he'd barged in on was a little more intimate than he'd expected.

"Oops my bad. Didn't think you'd be ...hmmm." He said turning away from the naked couple on the bed. At least Jade was all right, in fact she was better than all right from what he could see. She was a goddess. "I just came to see if Jade was ok ... umm." he stammered.

Jade was grateful that Jonathan was fine until another delicious scent hit her. It was mouth watering and instinctively she felt her fangs descend. Ayden hissed and held her tight.

"Jonathan, you need to leave now. Jade is still very new at this, her control is not great. I suggest you and Karl leave for a few days while she gets use to her new life." Ayden said as calmly as possible while trying to restrain the woman in his arms.

Jonathan took one look at Jade and comprehension descended; she was looking at him like he was lunch. He bolted from the room closing the door behind him. As his scent dissipated Jade came back to herself.

"Oh my God. I nearly attacked Jonathan." She exclaimed and buried her head into the pillow.

Ayden chuckled at her frustration but understood how unnerving it was to want to succumb to the beast within. "I'm right here love. I'll never let you hurt anyone. Give it time. You only woke up a few hours ago. It gets easier. Trust me." He said.

"I have so much to learn." She groaned.

"We both do. It's not like I'm some expert or anything. In fact, as soon as you are ready I think we need to go and find this Assembly. We both need to know more about what we are. Maybe they can help." He said knowing it was really their only option.

Jade raised her head to look at the wonderful man by her side. He was right as always. They needed to know more, particularly about his glowing hands. She couldn't believe she missed seeing that. Oh yeah dying and everything. But right now they had time. Jade kissed him and smiled as he sighed against her lips. She was home.

zouzouni
zouzouni
357 Followers
12