The Art of Positive Thinking

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I remember waking up the first thing in the morning thinking that yesterday sucked, that today would be no better, and that tomorrow promises to be worse. Clearly, I can now see that I sabotaged myself before the day even started. Whatever negative thoughts I had became my reality. My negativity created negative energy. Just as there is the confirmed power of positive thought, there surely is the proven power of negative thought. Yin and Yang, you can't have one without the other. So long as we have a choice, why not chose for the better. Why not think positively instead of negatively?

It was as if I was wishing my day to go afoul. It was then that I figured it out. If I can make things go sour just by thinking that they will, why not reverse the process and imagine that things will be swell. Now, I try to cherish every moment of my day. I can see now that I improve the quality of my life with every positive thought that I think. It is obvious to me now that the quality of my life depends on the quality of my thoughts. Hey, this is easy. Even I can do this and if I can do this, you can, too. Go ahead, give it a try. Whenever you have a negative thought, replace it with a positive one.

I used to hate my neighbors. I thought they all sucked. I hated everyone. I thought that people sucked. I was so negative. I was so miserable. Then, I realized that I'm a person, too, and by my own negative assessment of the entire human race, I sucked, too.

Once I released myself from my harmful judgments, once I forgave everyone who ever said or did anything to hurt me, I was free from harboring bad thoughts about people. I felt lighter. Definitely, I was freer and happier. My life dramatically changed from that point forward. Now, I have so many friends that it's difficult to stay in touch with them all. Nonetheless, I'd rather have too many friends than how I used to live my life with no friends. Definitely, I'm happier now with people in my life, people who are as happy to see me succeed, as I am happy to see them succeed. Ah, life is definitely much better.

When I was trying to lose weight, I defeated my attempts before I even started. What's the sense of dieting and exercising? I can't lose any weight. I'm fat. Yeah, I actually called myself fat, even though I was hardly fat. Can you believe it? I should have a problem. I should be fat. All I needed to lose was twenty pounds.

Sleeping only five or six hours before, I didn't sleep enough. I was sleep depraved. I was always too tired to exercise. I was always hungry for fast food and eating fast food was a craving disease. I couldn't get enough of processed foods. Dunkin Donuts in the morning, McDonalds or Burger King or Wendy's or Taco Bell for lunch and then pizza or Chinese food for dinner, my diet was horrible. Not a fruit or vegetable crossed my lips.

After reading Roger's book, I lost the weight that I wanted to lose by changing the negativity that I felt for dieting. I submitted my mind to positive thoughts and focused on positive thinking. I relied upon the positive energy that I created to help and influence me to improve my health by bettering my nutrition. Now, I am in control of my health and wellness. Now, I feel good. Now, I look good, too.

Because I've instilled Roger's philosophy in my life, I get adequate rest, exercise regularly, and eat more fruits and vegetables. I can't remember when I've had fast food. Moreover, I'm saving money by making my own coffee by the pot every morning instead of buying it by the cup. As a bonus, I'm losing weight, have more energy, and feel great! Now, if I eat something that I shouldn't, I just tell myself, so you cheated on your diet. Don't beat yourself up too much.

Before, I was a walking poison pill. Even my posture was poor. I slouched even when I walked. I used to hate myself. I used to hate my life. Was it any wonder why some people hated me and didn't want to be around me when I hated who I was? I know it's an overused cliché, but it was true. How could I love anyone when I hated myself?

As soon as I accepted that it was my fault if someone didn't like me or hated me, things changed and people started to like me. With my negativity before, like a magnet, I was attracting only negative energy. I can't believe it. I'm having breakthrough after breakthrough.

Now, I walk with my shoulders positioned back, my chest out, stomach in, and head held high. Just by feeling better about whom I am as a person has improved my posture. Moreover, I appear ten pounds lighter by lifting my chest and sucking in my stomach.

I like myself now. No, correction, I love myself. Not in the way you think. I'm not a narcissist. I treat myself with love, kindness, and compassion. I'm getting better and better in every way. I am grateful for every step in my self-development and self-improvement. I'm moving forward, instead of backward, all the time.

I used to think that I was a loser and that I attracted losers and, basically, I was. I imagined that I had a loser magnet on my back and, basically, I did. Just with a positive change in attitude, I attract healthy, honest people into my life. Now, I attract those who I want to be around, winners. I'm learning to attract to myself only that which I desire. I'm able to cultivate more mental discipline and be more selective with those I associate.

After my divorce, I was always alone. I quickly tired of being alone. I was so lonely. Now, when I find myself alone, I realize that I may be alone, but I'm not lonely. There's a difference and the difference is in how I think about it. It's all in my attitude and it's up to me to maintain my positive attitude no matter what shit happens. Yeah, it's sort of like the concept that when you are stuck with a lemon, make lemonade.

There was a time when if someone wronged me, I'd seethed and say that I can't wait to get even with those bastards. I couldn't let it go. I'd carry a grudge for years, until I got even. Now, I forgive everyone I believe has wronged me. Being angry like that is just a waste of my time and energy. I don't need that shit in my life anymore. I'm done. I'm a new man, now. Look at me. I'm the positive thinker.

12