The Asura and The Norn

Story Info
Small smarts and huge muscles fall in love.
18k words
4.82
11.2k
33
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

CHAPTER 1 - INITIAL FINDINGS

Sympiny shivered and rubbed her arms. The bitter cold of the Shiverpeaks was something she hadn't planned for. She had taken a heavy cloak with her, but she hadn't thought it would get this frigid. Being an Asura, she's more used to the warm environment of the Tarnished Coast around Rata Sum.

But recently, her interests turned to Norn society. Never one to travel with a Krewe, Sympiny was an explorer and a curious spirit. She enjoyed seeing new places and exploring parts of the world. After finishing a recent study of Sylvari daily life and family, she moved forward with the next part of her quest to catalogue the major races of Tyria.

"Jeez, how do they live up here." Sympiny grumbled, breathing into her hands. A ball of fire filled them and warmed her a little. Part of her interest in exploring the world drew her to become an elementalist, skilled with fire and lightning magic.

Beneath the heavy white cloak, she wore a poofy indigo pants, trimmed in clean white. Her top was a thick, similarly indigo, vest with white edges. She wore an Asuran Magitech gauntlet on her right arm made of heavy bronze and set with large purple crystal at her elbow. It was clothing definitely not made for this frigid of weather.

Her skin was a grayish-white, very common for Asura, and she had dark gray markings across her forehead. Her ears were long and curled away from her head, almost touching her shoulders and like most Asura, they were prehensile enough that she could curl and move them. They were currently pressed tightly to the back of her head beneath the fur-lined white hood.

Blowing another fireball into her hands, she trudged on through the snowstorm. The thought had crossed her mind to stop and set up her tent to wait out the storm, but according to her map Hoelbrak, the Norn 'capital', was only a mile down the road. The blizzard was thick, but she figured she would be able to make it and that might've been a mistake. The foot deep snow was slow going. Sympiny was small for an Asura, her stature a miniscule three feet tall. This meant she was past her knees in snow, when the Norns of these parts might only be up to their ankles.

It took her nearly an hour to shove her way through the blowing snow and into the gates of Hoelbrak. The guards that stood at them were nine feet tall and they looked completely unphased by the snowstorm. Their sharp eyes acknowledged Sympiny as she pushed through and on down the road. Only a little distance down and she found a tavern. The sound of loud laughter and merrymaking came from the building and she walked up to the door.

She looked up and groaned. In the human and Sylvari lands, she could at least reach doorknobs and such, but here in the north, things were built for the eight to ten foot Norn. The doorknob was half-way up the ten foot door. Luckily enough, Asura were fairly agile and they could jump and climb quite nimbly. She leapt and grabbed the handle, pushing it open slightly before falling back down. Another shove and the door bounced open, letting in a rush of wind and a swirl of snowflakes.

Sympiny hurried inside and shoved the door closed, taking in the warmth of the tavern. A large fire built in a stone-lined pit burned brightly in the center of the room. She could feel it's warmth seeping into her frigid body even as far away as she was.

The tavern was huge, full of laughing, drunken Norns. Some sat around tables, others stood in groups around the fire. Every one of them had a drink in their hand. The Norn were an almost barbaric people, wearing the pelts of conquered beasts and wielding the largest and most dangerous weapons on Tyria. Many of them wore little more than pants or heavy kilts, showing muscled bare chests and a plethora of intricate and wild tattoos.

The female norns were no different. Their bodies were just as muscled, just as much skin showing, if not more. They weren't indecent, but they didn't cover themselves with much more than what the Asura would consider to be underwear. The Norn prided themselves on their resistance to cold and their powerful looking bodies. Tattoos were a way of life, many Norn recieved them as early as birth.

Sympiny walked through the crowd, completely unnoticed by the towering Norn around her. She found the bar and skillfully clambered up a stool to perch atop it's five-foot height.

"Oh wow! Don't see many of your kind in here." The woman behind the bar said in surprise when Sympiny sat up, "What'll you have little guy?"

"I'm a girl, thank you. I'll have some hot tea if you have it." Sympiny said, pulling back her snowy hood. Her sharp purple eyes looked down the bar and she brushed the flakes of snow from her shoulder-length dark, navy hair. She could feel her ears again and she twitched them about to try and warm them up more.

"Leave it to an Asura to come into the greatest Norn tavern ever and order tea. Sorry, hon we have brew, we have whiskey, we even have a few bottles of Sylvari wine! But, no tea." The barmaid laughed loudly.

"That's fine, just bring me some hot water." Sympiny said, pulling off her cloak. She tossed it over the stool next to her and pulled off the heavy pack that had been hidden beneath it. It carried her traveling gear as well as a number of things to help her study here in Hoelbrak. She had also packed a small box of some of the finest tea found in the Sylvari land, made from a mixture of tea and mint leaves. She pulled out the wood box and set the pack on top of her cloak.

"Here you go." The barmaid said, putting a mug and a steaming kettle up on the bar.

"Thanks." Sympiny sighed, looking at the mug that was as big as her head.

"Oh, sorry. Didn't think about that... uhh... kids mugs... here we go." The barmaid chuckled, pulling out a considerably smaller cup, one that Sympiny could actually use, "That'll be a copper."

"Here." Sympiny said, tossing one up on the counter.

"So you're an Asura. You know I've seen your people before, but never this far north. I'm impressed to see that you survived the blizzard out there. It's starting to get a little chilly out there." A large Norn woman said, sitting down on the stool opposite Sympiny's pack.

She had long white hair that flowed down her shoulders and her cold blue eyes looked over Sympiny. She set a long bow on the bar and took her quiver off her shoulder.

"If I had anticipated the blizzard, I would've brought better gear. The fur cloak is adequate for cold weather, but not for those kinds of winds. Luckily enough I'm good with fire magic." Sympiny said, sprinkling tea leaves in the mug.

"I'll get that for you." The Norn said, grabbing the kettle and filling her mug, "Hey Hlifa, bring me another beer would you?"

"Coming right up." The barmaid said.

"Thank you." Sympiny said, taking a drink of her tea once it had mixed in a bit.

"So what on Tyria would bring a little one like you up here?" The Norn asked as she watched Hlifa the barmaid pour her a rather large beer.

"You presume we Asura are incapable of simply traversing the world on an indiscriminate hypothosis." Sympiny observed, taking a sip. The hot tea soothed her cold body and warmed her from the inside out.

"I what?" The Norn said, confusion covering her face.

"What if I just felt like it?" Sympiny said flatly, groaning in the stupidity that surrounded her. The Norn were definitely not known for their smarts.

"I don't know." The Norn said, scratching her head.

"What's your name?" Sympiny asked.

"I'm Svala Swiftwing, ranger and guard of Hoelbrak." She said.

Sympiny glanced over her. The Norn woman was tall, like all Norns, and she wore little clothing. A thick bra made of black and gray leather and white fur wrapped around her chest. Below she wore a similar black leather and white fur panties, barely covering her pelvis and bottom. Her long, slender legs were covered by black leggings and heavy leather boots. Her back and sides were covered in intricate blue tattoos, making beautiful knots and beautiful patterns up her back and across her shoulders. It curled down beneath her bra and spread in a thin strip down to her crotch. Leaning back a bit further, Sympiny saw that the tattoos went down her back and beneath the other side of her bottoms.

"Enjoying my tattoos?" Svala asked, raising one of her white eyebrows, "I can show you in better detail if you want."

"No thanks. I'm Sympiny. I'm here to study the Norn, what your life and families are like." Sympiny said, shaking her head in a manner that made her ears flop about a little.

"Study the Norn? I thought you Asura knew everything. Every time I've talked to one of you, I can't understand what you're saying." Svala chuckled.

"We know your physiology and your combat styles. Your spirits and even the biology of your birth. But we don't know what your day to day lives are like. Call it a study of your culture." Sympiny said with a shrug.

"You know about Norn birth. What could possibly make you study that?" Svala laughed, "I wouldn't have pegged Asura as pervs!"

"It's not perverted. If we know how you are born, then we can increase our knowledge of your physiology. Thus we learn how we can better fight or heal your kind. There are many needs for such information." Sympiny said sharply.

"Uh-huh. Whatever." Svala shrugged, taking a long drink of beer.

"Look, can I get a room here? I want to get some sleep and when this blizard blows over, I want to talk to Knut Whitebear. I was told that he leads Hoelbrak." Sympiny said to Hlifa. She was getting tired of feeling her IQ drop while trying to explain her interest to this Norn. The Sylvari at least offered an intriguing view of the world and a very philsophical mentality.

"No, sorry. We don't offer rooms, just drinks. You're free to sleep on the floor or in a corner though. Enough people do." Hlifa said, pointing at a far corner.

"I'm likely to get stepped on." Sympiny grumbled.

"Come stay at my hut. You sure don't take up much space." Svala chuckled, ruffling Sympiny's hair with a large hand.

"Aaagh~! Damn it! Don't do that! I'm tired of being treated like I'm a toy!" Sympiny finally snapped, shoving Svala's hands away, "I understand that people can't build the whole world to suit those as small as Asura, but you don't have to treat us like children! I'm a grown woman of twenty-six with an IQ of a hundred and seventy-five!"

"Good grief, okay. You're a feisty, angry little thing! Got the spirit of the wolf in you!" Svala laughed, smacking Sympiny painfully on her back.

"Just take me to your house. I've been trudging through this blizzard for what feels like days." Sympiny grumbled, slipping off the tall stool.

"Here, let me help." Svala said, lifting Sympiny's pack down to her.

"Thanks." Sympiny said with a tone of annoyance. She slipped the pack on and pulled down her cloak and slipped it on.

"Thanks for the drink Hlifa!" Svala said, slapping a few coppers on the counter before stepping away from the bar.

She led Sympiny through the crowd and out the door, into the blizzard. Her bare skin was unaffected by the swirling snow and she easily pushed through the rising drifts. Sympiny was happy to see that the large Norn woman would forge an easy-to-follow path through the snow. They trekked down the street, unable to see more than a dozen feet ahead of them. The snow had thickened since Sympiny headed into the tavern.

Down the street and up a snowy hill, they reached a small group of wooden huts built near a hillside. Svala lead them into the one on the far end. It was small, made of wood and covered in snow. Inside, Sympiny groaned audibly at what she saw. A large fur-covered bed sat in one corner and a table sat in the opposite. A large fireplace between them sat cold and dark. Hanging over the fireplace was the head of a rather impressive bear, frozen in mid-roar.

"Let me start a fire. Get this place warm for you." Svala said, kneeling by the fireplace. She began to put wood into the grate, pulling it from a large stacked pile beside the fireplace.

"I'll get it." Sympiny sighed, pulling off her cloak. She held her hands up and took a deep breath. She breathed out and a long cone of flame spread from her hands. It engulfed the wood and splashed over the stones that made up the hearth. Svala jerked back in surprise as the logs began to crackle and go up in flame.

"That's handy." Svala chuckled, hanging her bow on the corner post of her bed.

"That's nothing compared to what I can do when I'm fighting." Sympiny laughed, "So is this average for Norn homes? Do entire families live in these kinds of buildings?"

"Pretty much, yes. Most hunters and rangers don't actually have homes, they just sleep wherever they are. Unlike humans, we don't see a need for all those luxaries of home. I've seen where the humans live in Lion's Arch. Their homes show their weakness. Norns are proud hunters and powerful warriors, we don't need such things." Svala said proudly, putting a hand on her breast, "I only have a home because I am a guardian of Hoelbrak and I must remain well rested and healthy in the case of an attack."

"So you're just a step up from barbarians. Not much better than the Jotun." Sympiny observed, pulling a pad of paper from her pack. She quickly scribbled down the notes and observations she had.

"We are better than the Jotun! Say something like that again and you're likely to lose your head!" Svala said sharply, sitting down on the edge of her bed with a huff.

"But in all reality, you aren't. Take away your hovels and your walls and you are the same as the Jotun. Both barbaric, warring civilizations based around 'making glory' for yourselves." Sympiny said with a shrug.

"Stop talking as if you know everything about the Norn. We are a proud, passionate people with much more to us than just killing!" Svala snapped harshly, "You are not leaving here until you learn everything you need to know that the Norn are much more than sheer Barbarians."

"Good, that is what I came here to learn. So what do you want to tell me?" Sympiny asked, clambering up into one of the tall chairs around the table.

"Let's start by making sure you know there is more to us than just killing. Norns enjoy the thrill of the hunt, the challenge of the battle. Jotun just like seeing things die. That bear up there, he fought me tooth and claw and I cannot imagine a better feeling in the world. He gave me a scar and a fight that I will never forget." Svala said, pointing at her chest. In the bright firelight, Sympiny could see the scar of three claws that had sliced across her chest, marring one of her large breasts.

"Interesting, so you actually find pleasure in putting your life in danger?" Sympiny said.

"With death right there, life is that much sweeter. You become so alive and the feeling makes your body burn with the strength of ten men." Svala said excitedly, "And after the fact, to know that your strength was greater than your foe's... it's glorious."

"You seem to take an almost sexual pleasure in the hunting of beasts." Sympiny muttered, scratching down a few more notes.

"It's a lot like sex. The wild, uncontrolled feeling of it all, competing back and forth with your equal." Svala breathed, leaning forward, "Do you Asura even know what it's like to feel that passion in bed with another? The wild, primal feelings of it all?"

"Some Asura enjoy it, but I see sex as simply an action of reproduction. Messy and inconvenient, leaving one dirty and exhausted. There are much better uses for my energy." Sympiny said.

"What about your desires? What happens when you just have to feel that pleasure? You can't tell me Asura are so emotionless that you just ignore your own instincts." Svala asked loudly.

"You needn't find another person to deal with such annoying needs. It's much cleaner and simpler that way anyhow." Sympiny said, "I hadn't intended on studying the culture of Norn reproduction, but if you wish to go into that, I never turn down knowledge."

"Maybe you'd like to experience it firsthand." Svala said teasingly as she pulled off her fur bra. Her enormous bosoms bounced free, exposing part of her hidden tattoos that curled down her breasts.

"No, I'm quite alright. Size differences and inability to crossbreed take all possible reasoning for such a copulation. You could just describe the actions and usual habits of such a meeting." Sympiny said, readying her paper.

"Oh come on. I bet my finger is just the right size for your cute little hole." Svala said, wagging a finger.

"Quite, but my interest in the Norn is purely academic. So beside the production of it, what is Norm family life? How do parents care for their offspring?" Sympiny asked without skipping a beat.

"It's a miracle the Asura have grown as at all. If you're so against sex, one would think you would've died off." Svala chuckled, shaking her head.

"I told you, we are not against sex. I just don't see a reason for it, especially with a Norn and a woman. There's no chance of reproduction nor are you adequately equipped for pleasuring feminine genitals." Sympiny pointed out.

"I bet you ten gold I can make you cum like you've never felt in your life." Svala challenged, "I'll make you love sex. Norn are a passionate people, how do you think we can stay warm in such a land?"

"You're not going to relent this contest of pointless desire, are you? Well I suppose if so much of your culture is wrapped up in it, I might as well learn your side of it. Are you sure you cannot simply tell me?" Sympiny asked.

"Are you scared of having sex? I'm big, but I can be very gentle." Svala grinned, standing up.

"Nonsense! It would be an academic exercise to record the experiences of coitus with another species. There's no reason for fear." Sympiny rattled quickly, a touch of pink coloring her pale cheeks.

"Then do it. Come on, have a fun wrestle with me." Svala unclasped her leggings and slid them off with her boots. Her tattoos spread down the sides of her thighs in a braided pattern. Without any embarrassment, she shoved off her panties and bared her hairy white pussy.

"I would be at a significant physical disadvantage because of the difference in muscular strengths and body weights... I'm not sure it's such a good idea." Sympiny shook her head.

"Oh come on! Stop being so boring and just let go!" Svala said, grabbing Sympiny around the midsection in both her hands.

"Please put me down." Sympiny said, trying to stay calm.

"Live your life! Have fun! Just one wild night with a Norn, what's the harm?" Svala said loudly.

"Put me down." Sympiny said a little colder.

Svala frowned and set Sympiny back on her chair. She got up and stood on the table to better stair Svala in the eyes.

"I'm here on an academic mission. The recent defeat of Zhaitan has lessened the help I've needed to pour into the war effort and I've finally been allowed to return to my personal studies. I've waited too long to try and finish my works on the five major races of Tyria and I'll not have it interrupted by an uppity Norn... Slut!" Sympiny yelled, fire glowing in her eyes as she finally let her emotions get the better of her. She stood on the edge of the table, panting heavily with clenched fists.

"Alright, alright." Svala sighed, stepping back to sit on the bed. She seemed to be a bit sad after hearing such an angry lecture.

Sympiny jumped off the table and collected her things, swirling the cloak around her shoulders.

"I'll be finding somewhere else to stay, thank you for the information you provided, I wish you a good life and a happy future." Sympiny said, throwing her pack over her shoulder as she stepped towards the door.

She looked up and frowned. The door's bolt was locked and it was about eye-level for a Norn, putting it far out of her reach. She could probably jump up there, but there was nothing to hold onto to keep herself there in order to pull it back.