The Awakening of Angel Ch. 16

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Zombie, this is Eagle." Eagle was a sniper in the attic of the farmhouse.

"Go for Zombie."

"Um I think there may be a problem with Wings. I hear crying below me."

"Zombie copies. On my way."

The water was streaming all over me and I really just wanted to lay there, but I felt a hand on my shoulder. A pair of military combat boots greeted my eyes as they opened.

"Are you okay ma'am? Ma'am?"

"I don't know Zombie. Something just gave out. I don't think I can get up."

"It's okay ma'am. It's post-combat letdown. We have all gone through it at one time or another."

"But I wasn't in combat."

"That's sort of true ma'am. But you were under extreme stress and there were bullets flying. Now let's get you up."

Strong but gentle arms lifted me up and helped me out onto the bathmat. It was at that point that I noticed Zombeek was soaking wet.

"Zombie, I got you wet."

"Well you are pretty ma'am, but the shower got me wet."

That little joke took a huge load off my shoulders but I still felt bad.

"I've been nothing but a burden and caused all of you lots of trouble."

Zombeek tossed me a towel, used another to start drying herself a little and gave me a stern look.

"Listen, do you understand that we were able to take out a huge cell of terrorists that have probably murdered thousands of innocent people?"

My eyes got wide as she continued.

"You were a part of that, no matter how unwittingly. And this team loves you. Do you know how much impact it had on them to take that coffee out?"

"No, it was just coffee and it was cold and watered down by the time I got it to them."

"You know, you are pretty dense sometimes. It was the thought that endeared you to them. It was the fact that you went out in the rain with them. You sacrificed your personal comfort in order to do something nice for them. And now the breakfast! You went up against the Boss to get us a hot meal. I'm guessing most of these guys would marry you today given the chance. And I would too and I'm not even gay."

"I had no idea that something so small could make such a big difference."

"It's because it's small. There's the old saying that it's the little things that count and that holds ever so true. Did you know that most of the guys are really envious that you gave Meat a kiss on the cheek?"

"But how do they even know? It was so quick!"

"Ugh! You really don't get it. We are a team. And military teams are much different than teams in corporations. We aren't a family but we know everything that's going on. There are no secrets."

"Well I'm just not so sure that I'm that important to them. How can I be?"

"Listen ma'am. They gave you a nickname!"

"Huh?"

"Yes. They didn't want your code name used anymore and they decided you are 'Wings.'"

"Well I know you told me there's meaning behind nicknames so what's behind this one?"

"This one has multiples. You flew out of the building on the rappel line, you got their breakfast delivered on a set of wings, and guardian Angels have wings. So now you are Wings."

"Guardian angel? Seems like I needed a bunch myself."

"Okay. This stays between us and if you ever let it out things will go bad for you. We believe you are Tillman's guardian angel. He needs someone to pull him out of his Victoria self-destruction spiral and you are the only one who seems to have been able to get inside his wall."

"Wait! Do you all know about us and the contract?"

"Like I said, we are a team and there are no secrets. We know generalities but not details."

"Well that's embarrassing!"

"Yeah, and there's been times when we were stalking someone and I had to crap and pee in my pants and other times where I had to change my tampon with these guys around me. Mission needs come first over personal modesty. And as far as the team is concerned your mission is to save our boss, and we appreciate anything you can do to help him. And however you get that accomplished is fine by us. And remember, in our line of work we've seen some really horrendous crimes against humanity, so anything you do is going to be tame by comparison. And now you have a mission that you need to get done quickly."

"What's that Zombie?"

"Breakfast. You promised to cook and everyone's hungry."

I nodded and picked up the clothes on the bed. They were all obviously military uniform items that had been volunteered. There was a t-shirt, pants, socks and boots. All of which were too big except for the socks. Zombie apologized profusely for a lack of bra and panties but that was to be expected. Besides, nobody wants to borrow underwear. Zombie grabbed a web strap and used it as a belt to hold up the pants and I rolled up the legs and they were so big I looked like a clown. The t-shirt was equally balloonish so I rolled up the sleeves and pulled the waist in and tied it in a knot above my belly button. I slipped on the socks and boots and tied them up as tight as I could but they were still loose. I looked in the mirror and Zombie and I both laughed.

"Well Wings, it's not the high school prom but I can tell you you're the queen of this shindig."

"Oh come on! I look like a clown."

"You still don't get it. You could go out in a brown paper bag and these guys would think you were Helen of Troy."

"I guess I don't understand but I'll take your word. But I guess right now I've got some hungry boys and girls to feed."

Thankfully the rain had stopped and the sun was shining. As we stepped out in the sun somebody let out a whistle. Under normal circumstances that would have offended me but in this case it lifted my spirits.

"All radios this is Zombie. Knock it off and keep it in your pants boys, or I'll cancel breakfast and you can eat your MRE's." But the way she said it seemed more lighthearted than angry. Hmmm. Maybe she set it up.

Author's note: MRE's are the current U.S. combat ration. The acronym stands of Meals Ready to Eat. The joke among troops is that: They aren't Meals, they aren't Ready, and you can't Eat them. Some say it stands for Meals Rejected by Ethiopia. The bags they come in are heavy plastic that troops joke about not being able to open without a rock. For lots of people they cause extreme constipation. There are whole web pages dedicated to humor about them. Back to our story.

Zombie showed me to the field kitchen and introduced me to Donuts and Brass Balls who were going to help me. I was afraid to ask how they got those nicknames. We got to work and boy did those people eat. Within an hour it was all eggshells and empty cartons. Each one of them thanked me profusely and said it was the best breakfast they had ever had. I sincerely doubted that, but the gesture was incredibly touching. Even more touching was the fact that I had sweated profusely and the whole front of my t-shirt was soaked, and without a bra - well you get the picture. But not a single one of them gawked or even said anything. And I didn't catch even one of them glancing at my chest. Where have these people been all my life and why didn't I know about them before?

Physically I was very tired and considering all that I had been through in the past few days and feeding a whole bunch of military people, it made total sense. Since I had no idea when I would hear from Tillman I told Zombeek that I was going to go take a nap and headed for the farmhouse.

"All radios this is Zombie. Wings is taking a combat nap so let's keep it down people."

I stripped off the borrowed clothes, took a quick shower, and crawled naked into the comfy bed, pulling the covers up over me. For quite a while I tossed and turned. The tension in my body would just not let me relax and I needed a release. I don't know how many other people do this but sometimes I just masturbate to get to sleep.

There was something very sensual about being surrounded and protected by a bunch of military men. Yes I appreciated the women as well but I don't lean that way, so the men had much more impact on me. The strength, power, and confidence they exhibited coupled with the care, compassion, and gentleness they lavished upon me was incredibly arousing. And they were all surrounding me, all for the purpose of my protection.

My hands traced along my neck, down my cleavage and circled my breasts. Cupping each one I gave them a firm squeeze and then tugged at my nipples, flicking them to get them erect. I allowed my mind to wander to total fantasy and imagined Meat entering my room and seeing me playing with my nipples. He is overtaken with passion and quickly strips and begins kissing me passionately on the lips. His tongue hungrily finds mine and they entwine in their own rhythmic dance. We begin moaning as I slide my hand to my wet and waiting pussy, using two fingers to transfer wetness from my vagina to my clit. My hips begin to grind as another man stumbles into the room drawn by the sounds of our lovemaking. I look at him with willing eyes, smile, and nod while continuing to finger myself. He too strips off and places his face between my legs and pushes my hand away, replacing it with his tongue. As my fantasy continues the room fills with men, as does every opening on my body and kissing every area as well, sucking on my toes and caressing my hair. Each one takes turns, eventually cumming in me and on me, and I orgasm with each one of them, until I am riding it the throes of ecstasy. A wave washes over me and a guttural moan of passion bursts from my throat.

"Zombie this is Eagle."

"Go for Zombie."

"Zombie, I think Wings may be hurting or upset. I just heard her below and...uh..."

"Eagle, you broke off, say again."

"Uh roger Zombie. Uh disregard my previous transmission. Wings is fine."

"Eagle, what's going on? Why did you think she was upset or hurt?"

"Well I heard sounds, but I misunderstood them."

"Out with it Eagle!"

"Uh, well she was sort of, um, you know, feeling really good."

"Copy Eagle. Wings was rubbing one out? If you'd had more women you would have recognized it for what it was right away."

"Hey Zombie! I've had plenty of women!"

The radios all went crazy with various whoops, catcalls, and bawdy laughter.

"Okay boys, we've had our fun, back on task. Zombie out."

I slid down off the intense orgasm and all my muscles relaxed. As I drifted off to sleep I vaguely remembered hearing lots of noise, like people having fun and laughing. I wondered what was so funny...

15 Aug 1307 Hours

Tillman

What had it been? Six or seven? Seven hours in surgery? Doc had tried to get me to eat, to drink something, to get up and walk around, all to no avail. All I could do was sit and stare at the doors that led to the operating room. That and pray. I snapped back to awareness when I heard noise beyond the door. The maw of Hades swung open to reveal a surgeon who looked exhausted and he made his way to me with a stern look on his face.

"First of all let me say that she is alive. The damage was very extensive and we had a lot to repair. She is in stable but critical condition and due to the head trauma we have her in a medically induced coma. You need to commend your people on their combat lifesaving skills. That and the speed that you got her here probably saved her life."

"Is she going to be okay?"

"Well she is a fighter and strong. She tolerated the surgery well and she is getting the best care in the region. The next As to long term damage or disability, we simply won't know until later in her recovery. Here is the number to the Charge Nurse desk in ICU. Call whenever you like."

"Can I see her now?"

"Not just yet. Leave your number with the Charge Nurse and they will call you if there are any changes in her condition. The next few hours will tell, but she is making good progress."

"Thanks for all you did, we all appreciate it."

I stood and shook the surgeons hand and plopped back down in the chair as he walked away.

"Doc, would you please call the team and let them know what's going on?

"Yes, of course. But you look horrible. You need to get some sleep."

"Well you know the old saying right Doc."

Doc sighed.

"I don't care how tired you are, you can sleep when you're dead."

"That's right Doc. Make the call and I'll have a little coffee and a donut."

Doc smiled and dialed the number.

"Hello Zombie, Doc here. The boss wants me to give you an update on our wounded..."

15 Aug 3:45 PM

Circe

Now that some of the adrenaline had worn off there was a growing annoyance bubbling up inside me. It was coming up on twelve hours and no Tillman. Not even a phone call or even a message. I had so many questions about what had happened to me, and why. I walked downstairs and into the living room. There were a few people gathered, including Zombie and they were just sitting there, which annoyed me too.

"Zombie, I'm pretty pissed off. No word whatsoever from Tillman and I have a right to know what's been going on!"

Zombie and the others just blankly stared at me.

"I demand some answers and now!"

"Ma'am. We just got word that Des Champs was critically wounded and just got out of surgery a few hours ago. She's in ICU and in a medically induced coma."

"Wha..Des Champs? Alexandra? But she was okay when she pushed me out the hole in the wall!"

"She got hit covering you and her number 2. They Med Evac'd her and one other shortly after we got you out."

"You mean people got hurt rescuing me?"

"Yes ma'am."

My world crashed around me. Not Alexandra. I slumped to my knees on the floor as the tears began welling up from my soul. And not just for Alexandra, but also because of me and my once again childish and selfish actions.

Oh Alexandra, please be strong!

12