The Bachelorette Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Sam stared at herself in the mirror one more time before she spied a bathrobe on the back of the door. The material was soft in her hands and she threw it on quickly to cover her nudity. She used the toilet and washed her hands before taking a deep breath and knocking on the door. The door opened slowly. "I could not be sure if you knocked or not. You were quicker than I expected." the man motioned her out of the bathroom and back into the bedroom. Sam took in the room and realized it was bigger than it first looked. There was a extra large king size bed that took up most of the room, there was little other furniture except for a small table and two chairs by the window, a giant wooden trunk at the end of the bed, and a large bed side table. The man motioned her to sit at the small table by the window. She sat and looked up at his face for the first time. "Same rules for this window." She watched the man talk and noticed that his face seemed sad. Unlike the other man, he had no want to be here in this situation, no want to be doing this at all. "I'm going to go get you some food. The door locks on the outside, locking you in here. No other exits. Just sit there and I will be back."

Sam fiddled with her hands, she hated the nervous habit, as he left. She turned to look out the window and saw that she was at least on the second story of the house, and there was a large oak tree in the yard. Frowning, she noticed that the leaves had started to change colors already. Something inside of her shifted, and a pain hit her chest. No, I its not possible.... I have not been locked away this long.... When the door opened again and the man came in, he set down a small tray of food and a glass of juice. "What month is it?" Sam asked, her voice raspy from disuse.

"September" came the gruff reply. Sam reeled back as if in shock. No..No.. NO NONONONONO!!! The screams were silent, but her eyes were panicked. Taking a few deep breaths she tried to choke back her sobs. Her body betrayed her with tremors and she slumped forward in the chair trying to hide them from the man. It was no use however, when she heard him ask, "Why has that made you upset?" She was not quite sure what shocked her more, the tone of his voice that seemed genuinely upset, or the large hand that rested upon her back rotating in smooth circles, a gesture of comfort...

"I was supposed to be married in August." The broken whisper was torn from her lips, eyes squeezed tight she missed him dropping down to his knees. The circles on her back stopped and she tensed waiting for abuse, waiting for something, but his hand never left her back. Wet trails of tears slid down her cheeks, but she slowly opened her eyes to see him right in front of her. His face was level with hers, she almost reeled back in surprise, but found she was held in place. His fingers brushed under her chin and she jerked at the soft caress.

"I'm sorry." The soft words coming out of his mouth, with his deep gruff voice somehow gave Sam a bit of comfort. No protest came from her lips as he maneuvered her into his lap as he sat on the floor, he pressed her to his chest, almost as a parent would a small child and held her as sobs wracked her body. He whispered to her, rubbed her back and her head letting her get it all out for now, letting her process. "I don't want to do this, I would never want a woman to be here, like this, and I am sorry that we have pulled you away from your mate. I will try to make this easy for you." The words mattered little muffled as they were, from being pressed into his chest, but she could feel that he was indeed sorry. He pulled back and wiped the tears from beneath her eyes before he spoke again. "I'm Jacques; you can call me Jack."

Jack lifted her up off the floor and back into her chair. His crystal blue eyes locked with hers for what seemed like forever, until a ghost of a smile smoothed over his face. His head tilted to the side as he watched her, he motioned to the plate of food that he set in front of her and walked over to the window looking out at something... "I'm Sam." She whispered as she poked at a bit of toast on the plate. The food before her was warm, little bits of steam floated up and into the air. Sam was starved really, the bits of food that were given to her in the basement room were never warm, and they never smelled this good, but still she hesitated to eat.

"You will need the food Sam." His words were quiet, and he never moved from the window, giving her all the space that the small room would allow. "You need to eat." She wanted to yell, to curse, to break something, but she knew there was little to no point. Food was something she needed, true, her body was protesting the smells coming from the food, but she needed answers too. As if sensing the need he sighed and turned his back to the window. "If you eat, I will answer some of your questions." Sam blinked at him a moment before she picked up the fork and pierced a bit of sausage. He nodded and strode over to the bed and sat down on the far corner.

Jack sat there watching her slowly chew the food like she was checking it for something that might kill her, or perhaps she was thinking where she should start with her questions."Do you believe in the paranormal?" Sam almost dropped the fork she was holding as she was startled by his question and tilted her head in thought.

"Like ghosts?" She asked him, setting the tip of the fork on the edge of the plate.

"Ghosts, witches, vampires, werewolves..." He nodded and added onto her list.

"I'm not sure. I know that there was some research done on some skulls that people believed were vampires, but all that was found was that they were regular human skulls." She took another fork full of food before continuing. "I know that somewhere in each legend there is a seed of truth, so somewhere along the line people either really believed in this stuff to think of creating the legends, or that the legends were modeled after some odd traits exhibited by someone a group of people never liked. Kind of like high school drama."

"Would you believe me if I told you that such things exist?" He looked at her with an odd gaze. She stared at him for a moment and swallowed her bit of food before answering.

"Only if you had irrefutable proof." She jabbed her fork in his general direction. "And if you just so happen to have a vampire hidden in your pants, please don't whip him out on my account." She rolled her eyes and grabbed up a piece of bacon.

Jack chuckled at her sense of humor and stood up. "I have proof, and there is no vampire in my pants, but I am going to need to strip to show you this proof. When I do, I will show you something no human sees. Do not scream. Do not run. I don't want to hurt you, but doing those things might trigger me to do something. Promise me Sam?" She nodded her head and watched him strip out of his jeans and t-shirt. When he went to pull off his jeans her eyes shot to the floor. "I need you to watch this Sam."

She gulped and watched him slip the jeans off and blushed when there was nothing underneath them. She took a moment to look at his nude form. He was sculpted and very well built. His muscles were defined, and a light dusting of hair coated his chest that got dramatically darker and thicker as it got to his navel and stretched below to encompass his manhood. His legs were just as muscular as the rest of him, and despite the position she was in, her inner woman was swooning at his tall, muscular looks. Suddenly her gaze shot to his face as the air around him seemed to shimmer. She watched in horrified fascination as his face elongated and hair spread across his body. He crouched down then and let the transformation unfold. The thick black hair formed quickly, and his hands became paws. Almost as suddenly as it started, it was over and before her sat a shaggy black wolf.

"Jack?" Sam whispered as she gripped the arm of the chair. The animal in front of her whined and dropped its head. There was another scream from down the hall and Sam jumped. The wolf's ears flattened against its head and he growled at the door. The animal lay down on the floor and whined. Her gaze shot to the door, and then back at the wold at her feet. What the hell did they slip into the food... There is no way that I just saw what I think I just saw.... Abby would know.. Shit... Sam took a deep breath and shook her head at her stupidity before slowly putting both feet on the floor and then kneeling down next to the wolf.This is so stupid Sam, what the hell are you doing. That thing could eat you! He was a man a few seconds ago, and all of a sudden you just wanna go and touch him? Her heart thundered in her ears, but she knew that this was something she had to do. She reached out her hand and touched the tips of her fingers to his snout. The wolf looked up at her with Jack's bright blue eyes, and she knew that this animal really was Jack. "This is amazing" she was awed at the feel of Jack's fur.

Jack rumbled a low pleasurable growl as her hands caressed his head and shoulders. Sam wanted to laugh at the how very docile Jack seemed but then here was a loud thump in the next room. She retracted her hand from his fur so fast that her elbow hit the back of the chair, so Jack stood up and licked the side of her face causing her to start. He took a few steps back and she watched the transformation in reverse. In a few moments a very naked Jack was crouched before her. She stood and sat in the chair focusing on the food as he rushed back into his jeans and t shirt. The plaid button up he was wearing was tossed onto the bed just a moment before there was a blood curdling scream echoing down the hall.

"What's going on out there?" Sam whispered to herself mostly, as she finished off the eggs and sausage. A bit of bacon was in her hand as she started on what looked like home fries. She heard, more than seen, Jack pace in front of the door looking for the right words.

"The other men here are not like me Sam," He finally settled on after a moment."They are ruthless and take whatever it is that they want. They give no thought to anyone else." There was a bite to his words that was not there before when he was comforting her. He stood rigid, his back against the door frame, head bowed to the floor. If she had not heard the malice in his voice, she may have thought he looked sad, but the tension was floating off of him in waves.

"What is it they want?" The words were whispered out of her mouth before she could really think about them. The obvious answer was women. Her and her friends were kidnaped and the other women she was in the cell with were proof of what they wanted. Sam Picked up the orange juice to shut her mouth.

"Children." Jack's voice was quiet, Sam was sure that just a few months ago she would not have been able to hear the words, but now with those new found senses, she seemed to hear everything. There is your silver lining Sam. Super powered hearing from straining in the dark. Congrats. She choked on the OJ at her own thoughts. "They want offspring. They... we are in desperate need." She glanced back over to him as he said the words this time, to be sure that he said them.

Children.... They want us to be broodmares! I had a hard time contemplating when I wanted to have Kids with Jake and now this.... What do they want with kids? They are just kids! How can you raise them in this type of environment! Wait... he said we need them, we..."The others are Werewolves too? Why..." Sam had a hundred questions floating about and she picked the obvious.

"It's complicated, but I will try to explain. My father was the Alpha, the leader of our pack." He stopped to see how she would take that information, he had never had to explain anything were related to a human before. He was a bit out of his depth, that and the screams from the hall were not helping. At her nod, he continued, moving to sit in the chair opposite her. "My father died very suddenly one night, and my eldest brother took control of the pack. When he did, strange things started to happen." She opened her mouth like she was going to speak and Jack put up a finger to silence her, "The women would start to disappear, mated or not, and the ones that stuck around couldn't have children. Soon a group of wolves with no home, or rogues, petitioned to join our ranks. My brother quickly agreed, hoping that among them would be women to get our numbers up again." Jack took a pained breath and rubbed his chest, in the area of his heart.

"After these rogues joined us... my brother became deranged, He started enacting new rules, and doing whatever Edward, the rogue leader, wanted him to do. Soon Sebastian, he... set up new rules about mates." Sam watched him as he stood to pace in the small space again. This was hard for him, she could tell, the level of emotion that he was giving off was making her want to cry more, and she was sure she had no tears left in her body to do so. "Legend has it that there is one mate for every wolf, hand chosen by the fates. Once you have found your mate that is it. There is no one else for you, and you love that person for the rest of your lives." The pain was evident in his voice. He rubbed at his head and seemed to pull at his hair before turning back to her. "Humans would call it soul mates." Sam nodded and continued to pick at the plate of food in front of her. "If you mate, and your mate dies, there are three options for you, you follow your mate into the afterlife to be reborn, you go crazy, or you continue living but in a severe depression until your mate is reborn."

"Werewolves believe in reincarnation I guess." Jack nodded at her statement and Sam took a moment to digest that bit of information. What Jack was saying made some strange sense to her, but it clashed horribly with the situation she found herself in currently. She gulped at a bit more juice before she chose her next question, quite certain that she was not going to like the answer. "So what rules did your brother enact?" Her question was asked in a low tone, quiet, barely there.

Jack wanted to smile at the sound, if he wasn't convinced she was human at that moment, he would have sworn she just growled sub vocally at him. He paused thinking for the right way to phrase this. "Well, mates are scared things. They are to only be with their mates, but since we didn't have children the females were all shared to create young." The bite to his voice was back, the anger that came with those words and the shock at what he said caused Sam to gasp. How could he! "This drove some mates to commit suicide." Her hand covered her mouth and she thought she was going to be sick. The pain and hurt she could read all over Jack's face made her angry, yet she had no idea why. "There are hardly any wolves left of the old pack. We have been mostly overrun with rogues, and since then my brother has decided we need to go find human mates and turn them, then turn them into him to be part of the pack harem."

"Is that what we were taken for?" Sam couldn't put a number on the emotions battling in her body. The question came out low and deep, her teeth clenched in anger. My entire life was uprooted so that some asshole werewolf could create a Harem?

"Yes." Jack's answer was simple, and that hurt. There was no way out of this mess. Her friends lives, if they still lived, hung in the balance because some werewolf wanted to get his rocks off and produce children. "I am doing what I can to stop him. There is a pack here that is very close to us, and they have been on our tails for a while. I am trying to leave them clues to intervene." Sam nodded and he looked over at her, "It's time these rogues are dealt with."

"If this pack intervenes, what will happen to you?" Suddenly she was worried that she was going to go from one werewolf pack to another one. Jack was the only one that had spoken to her. The women were too terrified to open their mouths downstairs. The questions began to tumble out of her, "Or your brother? The members of your original pack? What happens to us? The women?"

"The pack that I am trying to contact is fair, they follow older traditions and will find you women a home and even your real mates." She looked over to him like he was nuts, and he needed to reassure her, "I knew the alpha when he was a pup, but I doubt he would remember us. As for my brother, whatever can be done to save him, but I am sure the outcome would not be pleasant. As for the rest of my pack, they would be placed within this pack, although they would be lower in ranks & forced to earn a new title, if there are any decent ones left." He put his head in his hands, she could almost taste his emotions, Shame? "This is such a mess."

"Jack, why... why did you bring me up here?" Now that some of her other questions were asked and out of the way, this seemed like the more pertinent question to ask. Why was she brought up here? Why did he tell her all this?

"I'm to turn you Sam, each of the men here are to choose a captured girl and turn them, then take them back. The turning can be... painful if it isn't done right." Sam set down her fork and turned her body to look at him better. He had just spoken about true mates and how he hated what was happening here and yet he was going to turn her just like these monsters. "There are a few men here that are good men, just following orders, so we prefer to do this with the littlest pain." She snorted as yet another scream echoed off the hall outside. "We have a drug; it was created by one of the original members of my pack, a good doctor. When he found out what the rogues were up to he started to work on something to help the women. This drug works as a powerful aphrodisiac, it increases arousal in women. If the woman is high with pleasure, the turning goes better. Turning would be best if you were with your mate, along with pleasure the love will bind you." He turned to growl at the door as there was more crying and screaming.

"...Ok. So if you are just looking for babies, why do you need to turn us?" Sam's eyes were locked on the door, but all her attention was focused on Jack. "Humans have babies all the time."

"Well, half human babies are considered weaklings, and once turned the human's cycle will change to that of a were. Sometimes, if the female is lucky they go into heat up to three times a year, usually it is once though. Once a heat cycle is established, then the males know when it is best to impregnate the females to create offspring." He put his back to the door and leaned against it. "Were's often have litters of pups instead of one baby at a time. The greater the number of pups...."

"There is something else, right? You said that a male could sense when a female is ready to create new life, so there is another connection?" Sam was trying hard to process this all at once. Being a nurse, she was used to lots of information being dumped on her all the time, and she often had to sort through it and determine what was the best thing that she needed to know right away or what questions to ask to get the information she was seeking. Something was missing, it was not adding up right.

"When a were turns a human a bond is formed, whether it be during mating or not. Through this bond, the male can sense when the female is fertile, and then he can impregnate her. While mating during a heat cycle, the male will pin himself to the female to keep the sperm inside the womb, increasing the chance of fertilization tenfold." His voice was cold, cynical, very doctor like.

"Are you going to turn me then?" Her voice had taken on that bravado that she pulled out of nowhere before.

"Yes, my wolf knows that you are not its mate, but he senses something in you that makes us believe that you are the mate of a wolf, somewhere. Once turned you may dream of him, which is common in were culture. Once you have your own wolf, she will let you know." Jack's eyes softened as he looked at her. Sam had squared her shoulders and was staring at the door knob as if she could catch it on fire with a single thought.