The Bad Crowd Ch. 01

Story Info
My new job leads to new opportunities for my wife.
5.2k words
4.01
45.7k
43
12
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Belgarion10
Belgarion10
1,431 Followers

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

*****

If I knew then what I know now, I'd never have gotten involved with the Crowe family. I'd known Jason since we were kids, although we'd never been close friends and he seemed a nice enough guy. Popular, clever, driven. I knew he'd do well for himself, and he did, setting up his own business (some sort of car sales website) which seemed to take off for him as soon as we left college.

I went on to get a job in a legal office, but the pay wasn't brilliant and my career never progressed quite how I wanted it to. I was happy enough, I met Hayley in my early twenties, and we went on to get married and we became the standard suburban couple I guess, car, mortgage and everything else that comes with being Mr and Mrs Average.

Except Hayley wasn't average. Unlike me, she's anything but. Blonde, curvy with large 38DD breasts, and a cute if not strikingly beautiful face, she always turned guys heads but for some reason, she fell for me, even though I'm nowhere near in her league. I'm of medium height and build, brown hair fading slightly at the temples already. One way to describe me would be 'blends in easily.'

Everyone says I'm a lucky guy. Nice house, car, gorgeous wife, and yet I felt like my life wasn't going anywhere. I wanted more; a better car; bigger house, holidays abroad; things my wallet just wouldn't stretch to. So when Jason Crowe reappeared in my life, offering me a way to earn some extra money, I jumped at the chance.

Jason hadn't changed much. Tall, good-looking and full of charm, he saw me in Starbucks and sat next to me, much to my surprise, black americano in hand, contrasted to my 'average' cappuccino.

"How's it going, Paul?" he asked with a toothy smile.

"Hi, Jason. I'm good. How are you?" I was surprised he remembered my name.

"I'm great," he replied, then went on to ask all the usual 'catching up with an old friend' questions, which I went along with, answering honestly, even though I was fairly sure that I wasn't doing as well as he was, if the expensive Rolex watch on his wrist was anything to go by. By the end of the conversation, he'd told me about his five-bedroom house, three cars, showed me photos of his stunning model wife and I began to wonder if he'd just sat next to me to piss me off for some reason.

"It's the family business," he explained. "We keep moving into different fields, expanding, you know? And we always need more staff, so if you're looking to earn some good money. Let me know?" He passed me his business card. Even that reeked of luxury; glossy and steel-edged.

I told him I had a mortgage and other commitments, so I didn't want to leave my current steady job, but if there were any opportunities to do something part-time and make some extra cash, of course, I'd be interested and he reassured me that I could work whatever hours I wanted and that it was easy money, Like, really, really easy.

I told him I'd think about it, and that was that. We said our goodbyes, but I somehow knew that wouldn't be the last time I'd see Jason and sure enough, I ran into him again in the railway station a few days later.

"Thought about my offer?" he said when he caught up with me on the platform. I hadn't had time to give it any proper consideration, and of course, I needed to talk to Hayley about it first too. He said that was fine, but not to wait too long; the opportunity wouldn't be around forever.

I spoke to it about Hayley that night and she told me that as long as I didn't spend too much time working, she didn't mind and the extra money would come in useful, of course. I called Jason the next day, and he set up a meeting at his home, with him and his brother for that evening.

The house was as I expected; huge and beautifully decorated. I was introduced to Jason's wife, Monica, who was even more gorgeous than the photos he'd shown me on his phone. She was tall and leggy, dark-skinned with lustrous black hair that came down to her shapely waist. Then finally, I met Jason's brother, Kyle and his girlfriend Lene, a bona fide blonde Barbie doll of a woman.

Kyle was remarkably different from his brother. Not just his much more rugged exterior, but also his total lack of charm. Bald-headed, swarthy and covered in tattoos, Kyle was intimidating and his manner added to that, being very blunt and to-the-point.

"Let's get down to business," he practically growled at me as he almost crushed my fingers in our handshake. "I need someone with some legal knowledge. You work in law, right?"

"Yeah, but," I hesitated, wondering where this was going, "I'm only a Paralegal, not a lawyer, so..."

"Doesn't matter," Kyle cut me off. "I need someone who knows the legal language. Someone who can write a contract up and make it sound legit."

I sensed something was up, and as the conversation went on, I realised what Kyle Crowe wanted was for me to write up protection contracts. What he was describing was a protection racket and I sat back in amazement at their nerve.

"I thought you ran-" I tried to find a less offensive word than illegal, "-legit businesses. If I'd known what this was, I wouldn't have come here. I'm sorry." I stood up to leave.

"Don't want to do anything illegal, eh?" Kyle responded coolly. "I understand, But hear me out. For every job you do, I'm happy to pay you generously."

He then quoted a figure, and after a minute I sat back down. "That much? Really?"

"Really," Kyle said, a smile arching across his face. "Our business might not be conventional but it's lucrative. Big money. And you can have a cut of it."

"Isn't it risky?" I asked. The money was tempting but I didn't want to get caught and end up doing a stretch in prison.

"You'll be looked after and protected," Jason joined in the conversation. "We have heavies that do all the work for us. They get well paid too, but if anyone gets caught, it'd be them. We keep our hands clean, and you'll be part of our group."

I hesitated, still unsure.

"I promise. You have my word," Jason said softly. "You in?"

The money was just too good. "I'm in."

The next several weeks were a whirlwind of jobs, all just contracts that needed drawing up and checking. I didn't deliver them or chase them up for signing, as Jason said, there were heavies for doing that, one of which I came to know quite well. Dwayne was your typical thug-type. Dark skinned, muscled, ridiculously tall, with a mohawk and a mean glint in his eye, but he was actually an easy to get on with guy, not at all what he appeared to be, but I was sure that he put on a great act on with our 'customers' and didn't have any problem scaring the crap out of them.

Within just a few months, I had enough money to give up my day job but decided not to. I just didn't know when this 'good thing' I was on might end. Jason and I had a conversation about it because he wanted me to able to devote more time to 'the company' and he said he wanted to reassure me that it was quite safe for me to quit.

"Maybe it's time to introduce you to Mr Crowe," he suggested. By Mr Crowe, he meant his father. Ray Crowe was Jason and Kyle's father and the 'big boss' of everyone. I'd never met him, but over recent weeks I'd heard of his fierce reputation, both as a businessman and as someone not to mess with.

"As long as you're respectful to him, dad's really not that bad of a guy," Kyle added.

"Why do you think I should meet him?" I asked, dreading the thought.

"Well, maybe I'm speaking out of turn," Jason started, glancing at Kyle and when his brother didn't stop him, he continued, "But you've impressed a lot of people since starting with us, and dad wants to make you an offer."

"What sort of offer?"

Jason smiled. "He wants to make you a full partner, with full money."

Full money. I was already earning good pay, but full money meant even more.

"There are always conditions with dad though," Kyle added.

"He wants to meet you and meet your wife. He likes to get to know people he gives jobs to and thinks that by meeting their friends, partners or families, it gives him a better insight as to who you are." Jason glanced at Kyle, but again his brother didn't say anything.

I agreed, somewhat nervous, but optimistic that this might lead to even better things. Hayley knew that I was working for the Crowes, and I'd eventually told her that the business wasn't entirely legitimate, but as long as the money was good, and that we weren't at any risk, she said she could live with it. I also had a feeling that the expensive clothes, jewellery and handbag that I'd bought her so far from my newfound earnings also had something to do with it.

The following week, I took Hayley to dinner with the Crowes. We met up at a fancy Italian restaurant, the most expensive in town, which we'd never have been able to afford to go to in the past, but here we were. She looked gorgeous in a fitted emerald dress which showed off her fuller figured curves to perfection and her look was completed with a designer handbag and the new jewellery I'd got her. I was in a smart designer shirt and tie, as befitted meeting my new top boss.

When we got there, Jason and Monica were there, her dark looks contrasting against Hayley when they sat down together at the bar as we waited for our table. Kyle arrived next, with Lene who was blonde like Hayley, but paler, so her hair was almost white, and also much taller and skinnier. Then we were introduced to the other partner who I hadn't met yet, Joel, an older grey-haired guy, along with his wife Penny, a glamorous red-head half his age.

"Hi, everyone," I said as I joined them all at the bar, but none of them paid me much attention. Rather, their focus was behind me and I turned to see the man himself, Ray Crowe walking towards us.

Ray was tall, at least six feet, and broad even for that height. He had more in common with Jason than he did Kyle. He was handsome; olive-skinned and handsome, even with streaks of silver shooting through his short black hair. Flanking him was the friendly brute, Dwayne, obviously acting as his bodyguard for the evening.

Behind him was a small, Thai woman. Extremely pretty and petite, she walked with a confidence that defied her stature. This must be Annabel, his wife. I'd heard a lot about her. She wasn't Jason and Kyle's mother; she'd died some years ago before Annabel ever came into the picture. The brothers described her as the 'matriarch' of the business. A woman not to be messed with.

"Get all the men a whisky," Ray called over the bar, "And the women will all have a glass of champagne now, then we'll have a couple of bottles at our table when it's ready."

"It's ready now, sir," the bartender replied, swiftly pouring six shots until Ray stopped him.

"Water for my man here," Ray indicated at Dwayne, "He's driving."

"Of course. Sorry, sir," the young barman apologised, but Ray ignored him.

"Didn't you hear the man?" he said to Jason while looking me up and down appraisingly. "Our table's ready. Lead the way. Paul here doesn't know where it is."

Jason rolled his eyes at his father and gestured for us to follow him, towards a dim corner of the restaurant, where a long table was set out for us. As we walked over, Ray's attention shifted to Hayley, not bothering to hide the fact that he was staring at her breasts, and then her ass. Annabel didn't seem bothered at all, and no one else seemed to notice so I guessed he was just one of those men. Men with his sort of wealth and power could get away with these things.

As we sat down, Annabel caught my eye. "I'm Annabel Crowe, Ray's wife. It's lovely to meet you. We've heard very good things."

"Thank you," I said, taking her offered hand and kissing the back of it. "This is Hayley, my wife."

Ray had only just sat down, but she stood again to shake Hayley's hand and kiss her on the cheek, so I stood up to shake his hand when he turned to me.

"You're a lucky man, Paul," Ray said to me without his eyes leaving my wife. "Hayley is lovely."

"Thank you," I said again, feeling slightly awkward because everyone's eyes were on me for some reason. "I know she's out of my league. I guess I must be doing something right."

That raised a chuckle around the table and broke the tension, for which I was grateful.

"Maybe he's got a huge dick," said Ray with a shrug and a smile and before I could think of an answer for that, the waiter came over with a bucket full of champagne on ice, and the starters followed straight after.

"Have you been introduced to Joel and Penny Woodson?" Annabel asked while we ate. "Joel is a crafter. He's so good at it that we made him a partner."

"A crafter?" Hayley asked.

"I forge things," Joel said with a wry grin, saving Annabel the job of explaining more diplomatically. "Passports and IDs. Police warrants. Bailiff warrants. Whatever you like."

"And because you're good at your speciality, I wanted to talk to you about making you a partner too," Ray cut in with a sharp look at Joel, maybe for his bluntness. "Only a junior partner, but you'll still be earning at least double what you're making now. If you're interested in becoming a more permanent member of our family."

"And by family, we mean family," Annabel added, giving Hayley a look for some reason.

The table went quiet again at that, but as we ate Ray began to explain fully what he expected from me, and it was all very reasonable. The main thing was more hours. I'd have to quit my day job and throw myself into the Crowe family business completely, but the figures he was talking were more than worth it.

"I need to talk to Hayley privately first," I said after the meal was finished, "But I'm definitely very interested."

"You don't need to talk to me," Hayley said, putting her hand over mine and smiling at Ray. "He'll do it. He loves working for you, and the money is a lot better than his other job."

I was going to tell her to slow down, but Annabel raised an eyebrow at me in such a way that I shut up before I even got a word out.

"Grab your drinks," Ray announced, standing up. "We're going into the back room for the last hour. Nico has put some entertainment on for us."

During the evening, I'd learned the Nico was the restaurant owner and a close friend of Ray's. I don't know whether he really was a friend, or if Nico was simply one of Ray's protected 'customers,' who did what he was told, or else. He was a tall, lanky and greasy fellow who led us through into a small private part of the restaurant which had its own bar in the corner and just a handful of tables surrounding a small dance floor. It was immaculately furnished and decorated, although I could barely see through the haze of a smoke machine which was pumping out in the corner and the swinging beams of coloured light that spotlight the walls and floor.

Nico poured us each a different flavoured Sambuca shot as we joined him at the bar. I told him to choose a random flavour for me, then instantly regretted it as I got chilli flavour which made my eyes water, much to the amusement of everyone around me.

Hayley was the last to go. "Another round," Ray said with a smile after she'd downed it, a banana shot which she said was delicious. Nico prepared another ten shots, an apple flavour this time for me. "But let's use this one as a toast - to Paul and Hayley joining us."

As they all repeated our names out loud, I looked at my wife and she smiled happily back at me, then grimaced as she necked the shot. "Lemon. Really, really sour lemon," she explained.

I laughed and drank mine, but as I began to tell her that mine actually tasted great, my words were drowned out by music starting up.

"Take a seat," Jason said loudly into my ear so I could hear him, and we all made our way to the tables, where I sat down. Jason sat on one side of me, Kyle on the other, so Hayley was at the next table, seated between Jason's wife Monica and Ray.

Then a couple appeared through the smoke; a woman dressed in a tiny black one-piece, fishnet stockings, a top hat and a cane, and a guy in just a pair of tight leather trousers, his oiled muscular chest shining in the disco lights.

I saw my wife's eyebrows lift at the sight, then she began to giggle as the man approached her, taking her hand and kissing it, before starting to dance sexily in front of her. She was obviously enjoying it, despite being equally embarrassed, and so completely entranced by him that she didn't notice the female dancer walk over to me. A gloved hand stroked my cheek before she turned around and bent forward so that her curvy backside was right in front me, then she lowered herself onto my lap, and tossed her long jet black hair so that it was over my shoulder and her face was next to mine. I could feel her ass grind onto my cock as she gyrated against me, then she spun around again, this time leaning into me and raising herself up so that her generous cleavage was right in front of my eyes.

I could feel everyone watching me for my reaction, but I thought it might be deemed as rude to not stare where I was supposed to, at the hot dancer performing for me.

Luckily, after another minute or so of lap dancing for me, she moved away and her male partner joined her, where they began to dance together erotically, grinding against each other under the flashing lights.

Finally, I glanced over to Hayley who was pretending to fan her face to cool down, while Monica and Ray both said something to her, presumably asking her if she'd enjoyed that and teasing her about it.

"Did you like that?" the gruff Kyle smirked at me. "Dad owns a strip club called Black Cats. Do you know it?"

"I've heard of it." Of course, I had. Black Cats was renowned for being a very expensive and exclusive place, a half-hour drive away in the next town to us. I didn't know the Crowes owned it. "I've never been though."

"I'll take you one night," Kyle promised. "You'll love it. It's full of girls like Annie here."

Annie, the female dancer was still on the dance floor, moving together with the guy and as I watched, he unzipped her suit, and as she turned around, she let it fall down, exposing her breasts. They were too large for her slim frame and obviously fake, but I still couldn't take my eyes off them until I suddenly became aware of Hayley's stare, boring into me like a pair of hot laser beams.

"Sorry," I shrugged with a sheepish grin and she just shook her head in mock disgust and then returned her attention to the two strippers, who had discarded their top and trousers respectively, but they didn't take it to the next level. They continued to dance sexily, her topless and him just in a g-string, but he never took it off to reveal what was inside his impressively-sized package, and she never removed her thong, despite me mentally willing her to with everything I'd got. They danced to the end of the song, and then took a bow and disappeared back into the haze, to a round of applause from everyone seated, including me and Hayley.

We had another round of drinks before dancing, which I really wasn't up for. I can be as fun as the next guy but dancing is the one thing I just don't do. Everyone danced with their partner at first, and because I was the last one sat down, I let Hayley drag me reluctantly onto the dance floor. The music changed to a slower song, allowing us to dance close enough to talk.

"You looked like your eyes were going to pop out," Hayley breathed into my ear, referring to Annie.

"You're one to talk," I replied with a chuckle. "I didn't see you pushing that guy away."

She laughed back but right then, Ray interrupted us.

Belgarion10
Belgarion10
1,431 Followers
12