The Ballad of Zachery Carson Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
woodmanone
woodmanone
2,265 Followers

"Reckon I'll talk to Sir Gerald and see what we can work out. He mentioned $12 a head, but that's a bit rich for my blood. It don't give me much leeway for a profit when I ship."

Motioning for Zach to follow him again, Billings rode down the rise to the creek that ran across that part of the ranch. Pulling up under some Cottonwoods, he dismounted. Zach did the same and led Gris to the stream and let him drink a little.

"Tell you what Zach, I like you and ifin you're serious about startin a herd, meet me here in the morning after breakfast," Billings suggested. "I can let you have up to 50 cattle for $8 a head. That'd give you the start of a good size herd and at a price that leaves you room for some profit."

"But Sir Gerald said..."

"Don't you worry about Astor; this is between you and me." He noticed Zach hesitating. "Look nobody gets hurt and everyone gets what they want. You get the start of a herd at a price you can stomach and I get a little fee for helping you."

"Sounds like rustling to me," Zach said. "Don't know if I want to get caught up in that."

"You don't have to. Me and a couple of my boys, Jim Dawson and Sam Colton, will meet you at that trail head we rode by earlier. You give me the money and take the cattle. Hell, I'll even give you a bill of sale and the boys will help you drive em to your spread. All you'll have to know is that you bought some cattle and got a bill of sale."

"Let me think on it until after supper," Zach replied. "If I'm a mind to take you up on your offer, I'll let you know how many head I can handle."

Billings nodded and mounted his horse. "See you after supper."

Zach watched him ride away toward the bunk house. "You'll see me after supper and then you have a lot to answer for," he said softly. Zach mounted and rode to the ranch house to report the day's happenings to Sir Gerald.

To Be Continued

woodmanone
woodmanone
2,265 Followers
12