The Bastard; Loyal to One Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

On instructions of Lord Robert, Marvin had left camp before first light and it was noon when he reached his destination. Last time he had passed that little village on the road between Bramen and Karligen he had avoided being seen, but today he had just strolled in like any other traveler on the high road.

This particular village did not really stand out in respect to other villages in the remote area. A little inn with no more than five or six rooms, seven houses habituated by farmers who cultivated the surrounding fields; nothing peculiar about these things. However, these buildings were not the reason Lord Robert had sent him here. Two more buildings stand in this village, one of them is a recently erected guardhouse, and it formed the spearhead for the Earl's patrols. The other is a tanner's workshop, and was also Mathews reason to visit.

As he walked over sandy path, which led to the little house on the edge of this village, he noticed the foul smell that is stereotypical for process of leather fabrication. The door was open so Mathew just stepped into the workshop. The stink there was even stronger and when the tanner looked up from his work, Marvin did not dare to speak. For he knew if he was to open his mouth, not only he would smell, but also taste the foul air. In which case, he would share something utterly different from words, so he just signed the craftsman to join him outside.

Once back on the porch, the tanner removed the piece of cloth covering his lower face, and while Mathew gasped for air like a man rescued from drowning, the craftsman was the first to speak.

"I know, it stinks in there, but a man gets used to it, after some time. Now lad, what can I do for you?"

His voice was old beyond his age due to the noxious fumes he took for air.

"I'm here to pick up an order. An order for m'lord, Sir William of Miessen," Marvin answered.

"Of course, Sir Williams order," the man slowly said, but his smile had melted from his worn-out face and his glaring eyes betrayed his newly aroused distrust, "and who are you?"

"I'm Sir Williams courier."

"You weren't in his retinue when he placed his order."

"Indeed, I was not."

"And yet, he did send you to pick it up." Emphasizing the 'you'.

"So he did; m'lord gave me the task to pick up his order."

"So he did, so it'll be. Stay here," the old man turned around and went into his workshop.

A short while later he emerged from it, holding a leather vest. The man looked expectantly up to Marvin, but in case he had hoped for any giveaway of the youth's thought, he was to be disappointed. Marvin accepted the garment plain faced, said his thanks, and walked away.

Once he was sure he was out of sight, he stopped to cast a closer look on the item he had been sent to retrieve. At first, it looked like a simple padded leather vest, but as he examined it closer, Marvin found the backside to be notably thicker than the front side of the vest. He bent the leather and with a keen ear, he noticed the sound of creasing paper. He focused his attention to finding a way of opening and resealing it, but after some time, he had to conclude that this was going to be difficult, if not an impossible task. The young man cleared his mind of fruitless thought and proceeded to the village's only tavern, the stage for a meeting of his own design.

It was a fine establishment with a broad common room with two rather big windows, which were wide open allowing fresh air to enter freely. On the right side was a great, empty fireplace. However on cold winter nights it would be the patrons' reason to stay just a little longer and maybe order one or two more refills. The floor was covered by scobs, no more than two days old. All this, plus the aroma of cooking, contributed to a very pleasant image. Not at all like the dark, smoke filled holes of the cities, with their air stained by the smell of piss, stale beer and unwashed drunks.

"Welcome stranger," greeted a jolly man. A grinning round face placed up on a weak, fat body, and a body posture reserved for lords, cooks and innkeepers. Water flew in the air when he threw his wet hands up in greeting. "Welcome to the Lazy Ox. What a pleasure having you, young man. Can I get you something? An Ale, or do you prefer wine? I have real Drumsburger. Or maybe some food? My lovely wife is making a stew, the best stew between Karligen and Bramen. Doesn't she make the best stew, boys?"

"If you like rat meat," answered one of the four guards to whom the question was directed.

"No, you dirty dog of a man, there are no rats in the Lazy Ox," the innkeeper exclaimed in mocked anger. "Don't listen to those bastards, drinking my cellar empty while they should be out on patrol."

"Hey, we pay for our drinks, you cheap fuck."

"And you ought to, or else I would ask the Earl to send some real guards."

Marvin, finally finding an opening to speak, said, "That stew so smells so good, I don't care what's in it. I'm sure I have eaten worse on the road." This was met by an approving laughter of all five men. "And a can of ale for me and these good men here. I would like to hear some firsthand stories about those bloody rebels."

"Oh, that lot can't tell you none, only lies is what you'll get," the innkeepers remark resulted in hisses and curses from the guards, and laughing he went to get the ale.

Two more cans were ordered and emptied before the guards told their new friend goodbye and left. Not much later, the innkeeper came in carrying two plates. "Do you mind some company during dinner?" and sat down next to Marvin.

They ate in silence, until again, it was the innkeeper who spoke first.

"Do you have orders for me, m'lord?"

"M'lord?" asked Mathew icily, staring daggers at the now visibly shaken man.

"I'm sorry, I thought... The coin you paid me with," the innkeeper stammered.

"I'm just a traveler," Marvin smiled warmly. "And yes, I have orders for you. Or else, I would not be here, would I?"

"Yes, yes, no you would not be here, if you had not, of course."

Marvin's sudden change of tone had left the poor man even more disturbed.

"They can send the carriages."

"OK, I'll send them a message."

"And master Jopkins."

"Yes?"

"The tanner, he has to be taken care of."

"Master Gilbert? Why? How? Me?"The innkeeper's face wouldn't have slacked more if he had seen his own dead mother walking in to the common room.

"Yes, him, I don't care how or by whom. If you can't take care of it yourself, ask them. They wont be happy, but they will send someone. I do not have the time and it is necessary the tanner is gone before the cars arrive."

Marvin had finished his meal, and stood up. Before walking away, he looked at the man whose appetite he had spoiled. "Master Jopkins, make sure it gets done; you're being paid accordingly. And compliments on your wife's cooking"

*****

Marvin passed the serenities unchallenged, and after just a month in their ranks, he was seen as a wellknown and steady factor for the rebellion. With the moon being on her way back to the horizon, Marvin decided against disturbing his lady and lord in their slumber and to retire at once, leaving the news to be told the next day.

As he passed through the giant room which functioned as sleeping hall, Marvin heard a soft weeping sound. Quietly, he waited in the dark, debating whether to proceed to his chambers or to inquire. Not that the latter action would reveal anything unexpected; Marta had been crying herself to sleep ever since heard the news of John's death, and frankly, even the most understanding individuals thought it to be annoying. So Mathew decided to do his new friends a favor, and get the grieving woman's mind off her deceased fiancée. Slowly, he walked towards the wailing hump of misery; once he reached it, he squatted down, touched her lightly on the shoulder, and spoke in his most soothing voice.

"Marta, how are you holding up?"

"I'm fine," she sniveled, her face turned away. "I'm tired, leave me to sleep."

Marvin let his hand rest more firmly on her shoulder.

"No. I will not leave you here: lonely, crying in to the dark."

Softly, he pinched her in the shoulder and said, "Please come with me, we can talk."

Marvin felt her move , and even though they couldn't see each other in darkness of the mine, he knew she was looking at him. Blindly, he grabbed her hand and stood up.

Then he repeated, "Please, come."

Now, Marta also rose and followed him meekly.

Strongly grasping his hand she followed him in to the pitch black corridors of the mine. Full of confidence Marvin found his way through the absolute darkness.

They had been sitting in silence for awhile, but now, Marta started to talk. With their back against the wall, and the pelt of the deer keeping away the cold of the stone floor, they sat rather comfortably. Though her voice was still unsteady, Marta started to tell how she and John had run away from the farm. It had been his idea to join the rebellion, John was like many of the young men, resentful because a father or brother had died in the lost war. While John had been a fierce supporter of Robert, Marta had just gone along to be with him, and now, he was gone. She knew that the others didn't like her, especially now that she cried so much, this knowledge upset her and caused more tears.

In fact, there was only one who wasn't fed up with her yet, the Lady Klarissa, and now there was Marvin, whose arm lay protectively around her shoulder.

"And now I can't even go back to the farm," she cried into Marvin's neck, and the fabric on his shoulder became more and more wet by her warm tears. "My Pa will never let me come back after I ran off with the stable boy."

"I'm here for you. And when we've thrown over the Earl, we will live in the castle, together. Then, if you want. we will go to the farm, together, and your father will be thankful for the brave daughter he has."

"You really mean what you're saying?" she looked up, full of hope, and the faint light of the torch glimmered in her eyes.

Slowly, Marvin moved his face down, his eyes holding hers fixated. And just before their lips met, he whispered; "Yes"

Although the kiss started slow, it grew more passionate quickly, and as Marta cupped his neck to draw him further into her, she started to moan into his mouth. Soon, they were rolling over the chilly stone floor, but both of them were too occupied to notice. They tugged on random clothing, not knowing to whom they belonged, eager to feel each others naked skin.

The talking part was over and now Marvin was on his back while Marta straddled his lap. She growled of lust while she lined up his member to the entrance of her most eager cunt and as she guided his shaft inside, she let a out loud moan, her eyes rolled back until only the white was showed.

Inspired by this vision before him, Marvin remembered a rumor he had once heard of daemon priestesses in the fabled lands south of the sea, who used male sacrifices to fuel their sinister rituals; however this little mind wandering was short lived for his own dark priestess had set her nails into his flesh, and her eyes just a while ago filled with tears now blazed with lust.

This all was not exactly what he had envisioned when he had taken it upon himself to comfort this woman. What he had expected had been more in the line of sweet soft kisses and tender loving, but Marvin wasn't inclined to despair when things got rough and he was quite willing to adapt. However he wasn't someone to be dominated, so he decided to play in equal coin and grabbed both of her swaying breasts, kneading them forcefully then, he decided to pinch and pull her already erect nipples.

Neither of them was content being fucked in a submissive position, and due to this, they rolled over the floor. A growling, humping, biting, and scratching mass of limbs, and only when a small orgasm distracted Marta, Martin found the opportunity to pin her under him, using both arms and legs to enforce his dominance. Although this was a very tiresome position to mate, Marvin held, but eventually his muscles started to ache, and as soon as she felt him weaken, Marta grabbed her chance to ascend to the top.

A victorious laugh escaped her mouth before she started to move her hips. She bent over, pressing her ample bosom against his chest, and stuck her tongue deep into his waiting mouth. Marvin tried to make the best of his position by grabbing her hips and meeting her thrusts midair, he knew his time would come.

In fact, it didn't take long before Marvin had another chance to free himself, and this time he decided to take no halfhearted masseurs. While Marta was dying her little dead he quickly pushed her off, turned her around, and then reentered from behind. Before she knew what had happened, her face was pressed against the cold floor. She grunted in anger and frustration while Marvin's pelvic slapped against her ass.

"Now, you're mine," Marvin hissed in to her upturned ear. These word infuriated her even more, but there was little she could do with one arm locked behind her back, so she resulted to wiggling her ass. At first, this amused Marvin, the unexpected movements brought great pleasure, but when his cock slid out of her for the third time, he decided it was time for drastic action.

His right hand was busy holding Marta's behind her back, keeping her under control. However, his left didn't have such an important task so he used it to spread her cheeks apart. At first, Marta thought he made a mistake, but when she felt his head push against her nether hole, she knew it to be intentional.

"Don't you dare, you Luck damned bastard!"Completely immobilized Marta could only resort to threatening and cursing, by which Marvin wasn't impressed in the least. He just chuckled and then moaned while her muscle gave in under pressure and her hole slowly widened to accommodate his cock.

She cursed and yelled a little bit more but once he was fully inside her, she abandoned this act and when he released her hand to give attention to her clit she didn't even think about getting away. The only thing she wanted was to be filled with his manhood, and every time he moved forward, she pushed back attempting to take him as deep as possible. The hand on her cunt and the cock in her arse, this double sided attention, would soon bring her to a third orgasm, and when her sphincter constricted around his penis, she pulled him along over the edge. Together, they fell over. Marvin lay on Marta's back, filling her rectum with his seed.

Still panting, they lay in each others arms, her head on his chest and one leg over his, a position most woman seem to favor.

"I never knew it could be this... wild," she sounded sleepy, because for the time being, the sex had swapped all her sorrow and worries from her mind.

"Nor did I," Marvin chuckled, but when he looked down she was already asleep.

He estimated it to be well in the morning so rather than to sleep he decided to get up, wash off the sweat and report to his Lord and Lady.

*****

"Good morning," Marvin stepped in to the tent holding the vest in his hands. Five heads turned from a table covered in maps.

"Ah, Marvin. I heard you came back late last night," Robert replied.

"Yes m'lord. I decided to let you and the lady sleep. I hope I wasn't out of line."

"How considerate of you. We already expected as much, but we did not expect to see you this early," while Klarissa's tone was most civil, the death stare in her eyes spoke its own story. "Rumors tell you went on a second mission last night."

"For a change, it seems rumors are true. Marta had trouble finding sleep and needed someone she could talk to, and who could comfort her. My efforts have been successful, and she was still in deep slumber when I left."

"You're sure it was Marta? Some of the men were worried a wild animal had found its way in to the mine, and with that bruise on your chin and the wary look on your face, you look like you've been wrestling the whole night."

"If someone could tame such a wild beast, it sure would be our mighty Nordling," in contrast to Thomas' earlier jest, Francis' contained a trace of venom.

Nonetheless the four men's lips curved upwards, but Klarissa's kept a tight shut line: a keen observer would wonder about this apparent disapproval, but the focus was on something else, so no questions did arise.

"Good, now to a more serious matter. Three days ago, I received word from the prince of Linden and the marquis of Frazen. With a proviso that we conquer the castle, the noble men are willing to form an alliance with the reestablished principality of Karligen. This is what we have been waiting for," Roberts tone had changed to a most intense whisper. "Marvin, I did send you to obtain this vest. No doubt you guessed that the vest as a garment doesn't have any particular value to us, but what is hidden within is of a most dire importance. Please," he gestured Marvin to place the vest on the table; from his belt he took a slim bladed knife with which he proceeded to cut the red sticking. Marvin's guess proved to be right, because the content of the vest showed to be six pages, filled with various lines, scribbles and writings.

"This, my friends, is our way in," pride filled Roberts words. "Those pages I obtained from my late friend, master Derksen. Some of you had the privilege of knowing him, some of you had not. But let's focus on what lays before us. These writings hold the key to one of the best hidden secrets of the kingdom. The Master had discovered them a couple of years ago, and I was the one to help him, for his eyesight was almost non existing. Towering stacks of paper we summarized to those six. Generation on generation built Bramen Castle and every time it grew in size, new hidden passage ways were added and old ones were lost. Now before us, we have maps and descriptions for fourteen different hidden entrances."

Marvin managed to tear his eyes from the table, and looked up to meet Roberts gaze. The rebel Lord almost glowed with pride and excitement, but the other four just stared at the table. The look on their faces indicated that none of them, not even Klarissa, had known about the existence of these maps. Beside amazement, there was something else; a gleam of excitement which even Marvin felt, for a different reason though. They knew all those months of preparing and hiding, lead to this point; from here on forward, only one path remains. They would go to that castle, and here before them was their way in.

Marvin knew how they must feel; that cold realization, the excitement, and the fear. Although he himself had known those feelings many times before, now he just felt excitement; he could feel it burning, the rush of adrenaline, but only a trace of it could be read of his face. This is why he had been send, these papers in front of him. While they had heard rumors and they had speculated, they had never been completely sure. But here was the conformation and to behold this knowledge would be of eminence value. A secret way in to one of the most formidable castles of the realm, almost impregnable by ordinary means, and the young Lord had found it.

"So we will sit warm and dry before the winter dawns," it was Thomas who broke the silence. "When will we move?"

Before Robert could answer it was was Marvin who spoke.

"There is something else; not nearly as uplifting as what we just heard, but I think it's in our favor. While I was in the village, I talked with some guards. Besides the usual horse-crap, they told me that there will be another shipment, something nobody was supposed to know. None of them knew much about it but since it will be heavy guarded, it has to be something valuable," Marvin looked his lord straight in the eyes. "It would in our advantage if apprehended that shipment, on ground of various reasons. I propose to stagnate our debouch."