The Beast

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Right there before me, was the hilt of my sword, still stuck in the troll's neck. In a last ditch effort, I gripped the hilt and pulled it free. The sudden sensation, caused the troll to pull me in the opposite direction, grating its teeth along my femur. But with the sword free and in my hand, I wasn't quite so helpless. As the troll readjusted to bite down again, I plunged the sword into its mouth. Stabbing it into the back of its throat, the troll shuddered and went limp. We crashed together with a loud thump into the mud. Around me was dying goblins. Those that weren't burned corpses, were either crushed by the troll, or being hacked to pieces by Grah, or the militia. Marge stomped into view before wedging the handle of her hammer in the trolls mouth. With a grunt on her behalf, the pressure on my leg reduced enough for me to start crawling out. Although I was bleeding heavily, I could see already where my wound was healing. It just wasn't healing fast enough for me to get up and close the gate.

So it was obviously at that point, the blue light shot out of the troll and surrounded me. Unlike before, I didn't pass out from the sudden surge of energy. It filled an invigorated me like nothing else. The wound on my leg forced out the shards of my armour, still stuck inside my leg. In a matter of moments it was whole and strong. Surging to my feet I leaped over the corpse of the troll, landing on and crushing a goblin in the process. Dropping my shoulder I charged through the diminutive warriors, sending their bodies flying out of my way. Without my shield, I picked up a collection of new injuries, but as the blue light still swirled around me, they healed even as I collected them.

Slamming into the open portion of the gate, I could see the massive dent from where the troll bashed it open. But the gate itself was still intact. With a surge of power, I forced it closed, pushing gobins back out of the town. Their screeches of rage drowned out by my own roars of defiance. Slipping in the mud, it was still a considerable effort to get it closed, but I finally managed, complete with crushing a goblins arm in the process. I remained at the gate for several more minutes as the militia cleaned up the nearby goblins. It turns out there was still a dozen or so behind me, hacking away at my armour to prevent me from closing the gate. And of the wounds I picked up were healed just as quickly as they collected. But as the militia caught up, they started carrying in logs to wedge against the gate to prevent it opening again. Once I was satisfied it wasn't going to open, I finally let go. Stepping back, I took note that the blue light was now gone, so I went looking for my equipment.

The sword was easy, or at least, sorta easy. I knew where it was, but it was still an effort to reach it and pull it out of the trolls mouth. The shield on the other hand, was buried somewhere under all these goblins. I passed Marge, who gave me a stern nod as I went. But now the gate was closed, I needed to check on my wives. Setting off at a sprint, I made my way back to the bathhouse. I passed a few goblin corpses and even a couple human ones. I shook my head at the thought and continued. As I got close to the bathhouse, the door was open and light was spinning out into the street. I could hear someone screaming and crying from inside. As I got closer I could tell it was several people. What I wasn't expecting, as I stepped into the room, was for it to be my wives.

Ita was leaning into Chit's chest, crying hysterically. Ally and Eila were holding one another, both in tears. Ita was mumbling apologies over and over again while Chit just grit her eyes shut and shook violently.

"I'm sorry!" Ita sobbed out loud, "I-I-I couldn't do anything."

"Couldn't do what?" I said, stepping in to wrap my wives into a group hug.

At the sound of my voice, all four faces snapped up. They stared at me for the longest moment, before I was promptly tackled by the four hysterical women. From their various exclamations, I picked together enough, that Ita thought I'd been eaten by the troll. She'd come back to tell the others and had arrived just before I had. They were so relieved I was alive, they'd dogpiled me on the reception floor.

"Ladies! Please, it's not over yet," I managed to croak out around their frantic kisses.

"You're going back out?" Chit snarled, getting in my face.

"Chit... I have too. The gate's closed, I'm not going outside the walls, I promise. I need you and your sisters to stay here... Wait," I said looking around at the various people surrounding us. "How many have you got here?"

"Everywhere's full, husband. There's even people sitting in the heating tub for more space," Ally said with a tearful kiss.

"Alright, alright. You did good, but I need to go," I sighed.

With various small complaints and a few more kisses, my wives finally released me. With a forlorn wave, I made my way back into the blinding rain and headed for the wall. This time I jogged, trying to keep an eye on my surroundings. It afforded me the opportunity to kill a goblin harassing a man and his wife, who I promptly directed towards the bathhouse. A few minutes later, I climbed atop the wall. Standing beside Grah, Marge and Captain Baz, I wasn't expecting the first words to come out, were.

"Jurn and his wife are dead."

I turned to face Baz with a frown, "what now then?"

He shrugged and waved his arm, prompting archers to let loose with their arrows, carving into the goblin horde. It seemed from my position on the wall, this was the combined forces, of what remained of the last few attacks. They'd obviously thought we were the greatest threat.

"What's stopping them climbing the walls again?" Marge asked, with Grah grunting his agreement.

"The walls are too smooth. No good handholds. They used ropes and metal hooks to get in the first time. I don't think they had many of them, and we didn't give them back after we got the gate closed," Baz grumbled, as arrows rained continuously down on the goblins.

A distant horn rang out a few minutes later and the goblins began to retreat enmass. But I wasn't about to take any more chances, so I stood on the wall beside the others and watched them flee as the sun broke over the horizon...

... Epilogue...

I fucking hated this idea. Whoever came up with it was a fucking idiot. Stupid fucking town...

"Alright, alright, settle down!" I snarled at the crowd. "Today, we have a mate melding match. The rules are simple, first to blood, but killing must be avoided!"

Marge and Grah nodded their agreement, before leveling their weapons at one another. A moment later, Grah swung his blade, forcing Marge to retreat to safety. With a snarl, she stepped in and drove her hammer into Grah's chest, driving him back a step. He grinned at her before closing again. They exchanged blows rapidly, Grah swinging his arms wildly, while Marge held her hammer like a staff deflecting the blows with skill. In a moment of sheer brilliance, she dived forward between the large orc's legs. As he turned to follow her, she sweeped his legs out from under him with ease. As the orc crashed to the ground, she threw herself over him and laid into his face with a series of heavy punches, before I spotted the spurt of blood as his lip was split.

"Hold!" I cried.

The crowd of people clapped from the display of strength and skill. It was common knowledge that Marge could hold her own, it wasn't common knowledge that she was a master. Though nobody was surprised when Grah showed up with battleskill, that fateful night.

I smiled as Marge helped Grah to his feet with a twisted grin. But he didn't look upset from his loss... Why would he?

"It has been decided," I said clearly. "Let their union be recognised!"

With a loud cheer, Marge shoulder checked the large orc, causing him to fall over. She reached down and grabbed him by the ankle, before dragging him off towards her shop. Nobody was quite sure what to make of this, except myself, Chit and obviously the new and happy couple. Grah's booming laughter followed all through the town, before everyone finally started to disperse.

"So what now, my mayor?" Chit growled in my ear.

I just groaned, "not you too. Do I need to drag you through town and have my wicked way with you?"

Chit paused for a moment, before smiling, "I'd prefer if you carried me. This dress is expensive."

I just grinned... Maybe being mayor had its perks...