The Beginning Ch. 01

Story Info
He meets his love for the first time.
2.3k words
4.7
23k
4

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 06/21/2005
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
silverace1
silverace1
202 Followers

If you are looking for sexual content in this first chapter, I suggest you read it as a preamble for the next chapter when we truly meet...

I had always hated these singles events; I have been divorced for over three years now and haven't had any luck at finding a girlfriend, let alone a life companion. That is what I felt in my life – a void left by the traitorous way my ex had left me for a much younger man. It turned out that they decided to make love in my house and in our bed when I was out of town and when I arrived home early (hoping to rekindle some of the impetuousness of our youth), I instead found my wife blowing a man 15 years her junior.

Now, at 50 and after a 23 marriage, I find myself lonely and desperate. This is a vulnerable place to be in and I am very nervous about what might happen if I rush into a relationship on the rebound. This explains my years away from the dating game – hell, I didn't even remember the dating game!

In any case, a friend at work recommended this Singles group since he himself had joined it and after only a few weeks had found his perfect soul mate. I had to admit that Joe and Carol were ideal for each other and very much in love. And they were also both in their middle years (as I consider myself to be).

Let me tell you about myself. At 50, I am about 6 ft tall and weigh about 170 lbs. Somewhat slim but with the start of a small roll around the belly – I don't exercise as well as I should. I work as an accountant (not as dull as it sounds) in a small friendly company. I have almost pure white hair and beard, both kept cross-cropped by regular visits to my hairdresser. Not a hunk by any means but for the right person, it may do.

The singles event was to be held over a long weekend in the summer and since I had some overtime accumulated, I took and extra day at each end to allow for travel and sightseeing in the area (on the other side of the state) since I hadn't been there and heard there was much to see. Even if the event was a bust, I would at least get a short holiday - much needed – out of it.

I arrived late (I had to finish a project at work) the first day and registered at the table in the lobby. It was my first time so I was surprised when they posed me against a backdrop and took a Polaroid picture that went up on a large corkboard with a few details from my sign in sheet. When I glanced over the other photos there, I was amazed at the variety, both in age and appearance, of the attendees. Some looked pretty strange and others exuded a quiet desperation. One guy had the worst hairpiece I had ever seen and I had a hard time keeping a straight face. After all, I was here too.

Taking the weekend timetable with me, I checked into the hotel and went up to my room. The first agenda item was a BBQ on the back lawn of the hotel – sort of a time to mingle informally and get to know the other people. It was just starting.

I am an introvert by nature and still feeling bruised by the divorce even three years later so wasn't all that keen on blending. I kept asking myself what the hell I was thinking about – I wasn't ready for this! But having paid the fairly rich price for the weekend, I figured I had better give it a try.

I changed into casual slacks (my legs aren't that pretty and I figured I didn't think anyone was quite ready for them on first meeting) and a cool short-sleeved shirt. Grabbing my room key card, I headed down the hall to the elevator. Several others – mostly middle-aged women with lots of makeup – were waiting and gave me the eye. I greeted them as politely as I could although I felt like a slab of meat at the butcher under their scrutiny.

On the back lawn, several BBQ's had been set up and the smell of hamburgers, smokies, salmon and shishkabab tantalized the taste buds. I guess my hunger would help to dissipate some of my nervousness and I found it easier to chat with others in the line for food. As I moved along the salad table and other goodies, I found the bad rug guy right beside me. For some reason, he must have thought my white hair gave us some degree of closeness and security. I moved away as soon as possible and took my food to an empty corner table.

I have always enjoyed people watching and this was no different; there must have been about 150 individuals there, perhaps 2/3's women of varying ages. However, most of the women were getting a tad long in the tooth as the saying goes – not that I wasn't – and they were really on the prowl. It was sort of fun to watch from my table that was out of the way since I wasn't being bothered. Until, that is, a soft voice from behind me asked, "May I please join you?"

I turned to see a vision of loveliness standing there trying to juggle her plate and glass of iced tea. I quickly stood (well, to be truthful, I stumbled over my chair leg as I tried to gracefully stand) to offer her a hand. "Of course you may," I nervously answered as I took her plate in one hand – of course dropping her chicken leg on the grass in the process – and pulling out a chair beside mine.

With apologies, I quickly ran to the nearest table and scooped up a new piece of chicken in a napkin and rushed back to see her smiling shyly up at me. My heart felt like it had cracked! I started to blush as I sat back down and offered her the poultry as if I was handing an offering to a goddess. I stammered out my name in introduction to this young beauty almost fearing that she would disappear before I could learn her name.

Offering my hand, I croaked, "Hi, I'm Bob"

"Hi Bob; nice to meet you. I'm Julie. I saw your picture on the board in the lobby when I checked in and I wanted to meet you"

Wow! Why, I asked myself, would this beautiful, slim girl who was likely less than thirty want to meet me? As if she could read my mind, her next words floored me; "You have such kind eyes"

I noted her chestnut shining hair and her electric blue eyes – Lord; I could drown in those eyes – and her casual attire that belied the sweet curves beneath. She was by far the most beautiful lady in the place and suddenly, it seemed like all the ambient noise and chatter of the other guests retreated into the distance as we started to talk as we ate. I loved the sound of her voice – dulcet tones combined with the most wonderful throaty laugh when she was amused! Thank god no one else invaded our space – it was as if they could see a connection happening before their eyes and they didn't want to intrude.

As her story unfolded, it sounded so much like mine; she had only been married for four years and had just learned she was pregnant when she came home to find her husband screwing her best friend. She kicked them both out of the house – it was hers since her mother had left it to her when she died - and sued for a quick divorce. That had been just over a year ago and Julie had given birth to a beautiful baby girl named Jenny. She had named the baby after her Mum since they had been so close.

Julie felt that it was too early to attend a singles event but her sister and several friends had pressed her to at least try it out. They all kicked in and paid her way and basically presented her with all the tickets prepaid so she felt obligated to at least show up for a day or so. She was looking for someone she could sit with so every horny or desperate man wouldn't hit on her.

When I laughed at this and asked, "So what makes you think I don't fall into that category?" I think she almost fell over herself apologizing for the way it had come out. I assured her that she was safe with me (although my inner self was telling me everything opposite).

We continued to chat until most of the crowd had moved inside to the ballroom to continue to mingle, dance to oldies and basically set their sights on likely targets. Since my 29 year old companion and I had both driven for hours to arrive around the dinner hour and both of us had worked for at least half a day, we were tired and agreed that we should get some rest since tomorrow was a busy day with activities (reminded me of summer camp) and a tour with a formal dinner and dance to complete the day.

As we rose from our table to enter the hotel and go to our respective rooms, we both said at once, "I don't want this evening to end just yet". As we laughed, we agreed to freshen up in our rooms and meet in the roof top bar for a nightcap before turning in. As we were whisked up in the elevator, we both reached for our floor indicators and out fingers met on number 21 at the same time. I am sure that it was just some static in the air, but a definite spark flew between our fingers.

"First we are on the same floor and now this; do you think this is a sign?" I smiled down at her angelic face. She blushed and smiled enigmatically as she shrugged her bare shoulders.

We exited the elevator and moved down the hall until I stopped at my door saying that I would meet her upstairs in half an hour. She agreed as she stopped at the adjoining door and slid her card key through the slot. We looked at each other astounded as we slipped into our rooms. Another coincidence – could this all be serendipity? Were we destined to meet out of all the people in the world and how could she be even interested in a man 20 years her senior?

We did indeed meet in the roof bar. I changed my shirt to one a little dressier and my linen beige slacks and I rushed like an eager schoolboy to the bar to await her arrival. I was almost afraid she wouldn't show up but a few minutes later, she entered wearing a floor length shimmering silver caftan that lit up the room.

I stood and held out her chair to a "Thank you, kind sir" and we decided to order a bottle of white wine since it turned out we both preferred wine to beer or liquor. We talked like old friends for two hours as we slowly worked our way through the time until the bar closed. We had so much in common; reading, long walks, talking over our days, and family. I asked her all about Jenny and her eyes lit up as she went on for at least a half hour about her beautiful daughter. I just sat there mesmerized as I watched her face and lips as she talked; she was so damn gorgeous! I couldn't believe my good fortune that this angel wanted to spend any time with me – my bruised ego at play again.

As she shared the pictures with me, she scooted her chair around the table to sit next to me as I went through the photo gallery and realized that I could smell her clean skin with just a hint of floral perfume. Normally I am allergic to scents but this was so light that all it did was make me heady with a desire I hadn't known for years.

Whoa, boy I thought to myself. Don't rush things here – I don't want to spoil such a wonderful evening.

All too soon it was time to leave the bar – the hint was when the lights were turned up and we realized we were the only patrons left and it was after 1:00 am. The time had flown but we had to call it a night this time. Julie gathered up her pictures into her purse and we walked arm in arm to the elevator banks.

I walked her wordlessly to her door. I thanked her for such a lovely evening and asked her if we could spend the day tomorrow as much as possible. In response, she put her hands on my shoulders and pulled me down to a light feathery kiss on the lips saying as she pulled away, "I would love that! Until tomorrow morning, sweet friend"

I held her in a warm embrace for a moment and then, with my hands cradling her face, kissed her back as softly as a butterfly's wings. "Sweet dreams"

I pulled away and as I looked over at her, we each blew a kiss to the other as we entered our rooms for the night.

To be continued...

silverace1
silverace1
202 Followers