The Best of "The Best Sex Ever"

Story Info
Reviews of late night cable erotica.
890 words
3.88
22.9k
2
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A popular late night Cinemax or "skinemax" erotic series, "The Best Sex Ever" enjoyed three seasons and it was directed by Chris Tudor, Valerie Landsburg and Lucas Riley. The series had a team of writers - Karen O'Hara, A.G. Lawrence, Anthony L. Green, Daryl Haney, April White, Edward Gorsuch and Denise Monroe. It starred a host of actors and actresses who specialized in the softcore pornography genre but who also performed as hardcore porn stars. They included: Angela Davies who hosted the show, Jezebelle Bond, Chloe, Monique Alexander, Frank Harper, Mandy Fisher, Randy Spears, Brad Bartram, James Bonn, Summer Fields, Isabella, Alex Ferro, Matt Dalpiaz, Evan Stone, Ken Burke, Frank Mercuri, Belinda Gavin, Wendy Rice, Syren, Jewel Valmont, Keri Windsor, Monica Mayhem and Alexa Rae.

"Best Sex Ever" was softcore in its erotic style and although there are no shots of full frontal male nudity or anything the least bit hardcore (you won't see any cum shots, bulging erections or actual sex), instead they presented attractive men and women in the nude engaging in simulated sex that nevertheless looks realistic and very arousing. The premise of the show was nothing original. "Hot Lines" which dates from a few years earlier in the 1990's starred Tonya Roberts as a radio show hostess who openly discussed sex anecdotes and fantasies with callers. Before that in the late 80's and early 90's, "Miami Hot Talk" dealt with the same premise of a radio show which encouraged callers to confess their sexcapades. The Best Sex Ever was the last of these kind of softcore pornography seen on late night cable. Only reruns appear nowadays. The scripts to the show were well written and the actors, before doing their thing in the buff, were given plenty of room to act and to engage in very good dialogue within interesting plot lines. "The Best Sex Ever" was hosted by adult film actress Angela Davies. She is the hostess of a nightly radio show that opens the lines for anonymous callers to be on the air with her and reveal their sexual fantasies and talk about the best sexual experiences they've ever had.

Too many hot episodes. "For Love Of Art" dealt with artists, models and art-lovers meeting for sexual and romantic affairs, "Truth of Dare" dealt with a couple who accidentally find that a sexually adventurous couple have booked the same room at a hotel, which in turn leads to "swinging", "Sexy Pictures" was about a couple, bored in the bedroom, who spice things up by filming their own amateur yet professionally made adult film, "Bump and Grind" was about a shy office assistant who lusts after her boss and after taking stripping lessons finally gets him, "Bad Boys", like the title implies, was about a good girl's sexual awakening with a bad boy - long hair, sexually wild, drives a Harley - but who chooses a nicer guy after the said bad boy cheats on her.

In "Fantasy Nights" host Veronica (Davies) discusses sexual fantasies and a caller phones in and relates his tale of how he got his girlfriend to get back with a lesbian girlfriend for a threesome. "Hearts On Fire" explored the relationship between a playboy type of firefighter and his therapist. After having to hear many sordid sexual tales from her patient, she can't resist but to give him up as a patient and to fully explore her own relationship with him afterward. In "Naughty By Nature" four people discover outdoor sex in the woods and in "Homework" a bored girlfriend decides to teach her boyfriend how to truly satisfy her sexually by having him take sex lessons from his own teacher, portrayed by Angela Davies herself. The sex scenes are very good, some long, some brief, but set to sexy music and photographed/shot in a steamy and very appealing way. Being softcore with storylines, the viewer feels more involved and able to use his/her imagination to visualize for example whether the guy is fucking the girl anally or doggy style when they actors are simulating sex done from behind. Not many male viewers (and some females) enjoy softcore which they find dull and lacking the hotness that hardcore provides but softcore is still very in demand in pay-per-view hotel room televisions and are also a signature of late night Cinemax, Showtime and The Movie Channel.

Angela Davies, a long-time adult film star, is also a skilled actress and is able to really get into character which is nice to watch. The best part of this series other than the sex, is the terrific writing. Episode after episode had great scripts and often felt as if these stories were drawn from life. In fact, many viewers will find it inspiring sexually. Couples who want to spice up their sex life can benefit from watching this show. The type of sex presented was all over the place, and in fact the same kind of sex found in hardcore adult films. Everything from public sex, voyeurism, male masturbation, female masturbation, role playing, dirty talk, lesbian sex, threesomes (although mainly of the two girls and one guy kind), fantasies and good old one-on-one straight sex too. Steamy, tantalizing and character-driven, this was a wonderful and stimulating show sure to get couples in the mood before bed. Check out reruns on Cinemax After Dark.