The Best Summer Job Ever Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

With eternal fondness and gratitude for the summer we shared,

Ellie

I read it twice, then a third and a forth time. She was wrong. No matter how many times I read it I knew she was wrong. Part of me wanted to crush that flimsy sheet of paper, to tear it into a thousand pieces and burn them all to ash. But it was from my Ellie, so I tucked it inside my coat right next to my heart where it belonged.

"That good?" Jessica said in response to my anguished look. "I'm so sorry Danny," she said hugging me.

"Thank you," I whispered for the comfort she offered me. She was good at it, but I guess she'd gotten a lot of practice with her mother over the past few months.

"You can come in with me if you want," she said offering a different kind of comfort.

"I couldn't... I... Jessica you're a..." I didn't want to hurt her but I had to say no.

"It's ok I understand," she said hugging me tighter. "I'll tell her you'd make a great step father if you think it would help."

I managed to laugh and for that I could never thank her enough. Looking back it was a sign that my life could and would go on, but at the time I was surprised I could laugh in a life without Ellen.

***

Consider this the "official" end to the story. When I start writing it months ago this was how I had planned its conclusion but my stories always take on a life of their own as I write them. The original plan was for a one part story and a love triangle between Dan, Ellen, and Jessica. I hope the sex between Dan, Ellen and Jessica didn't turn off anyone who's read this whole thing. I've hinted at it since the beginning and it was definitely part of the original plot in my mind, but I struggled with whether or not I should have the story take that turn. In the end I figured more people would be disappointed if it didn't finally happen.

After writing about Dan and Ellen for so long I became attached to the characters. Towards the end I found myself wondering what if things did work out between them? I wanted it to happen, it seemed like the right thing. Those of you satisfied with how it turned out can stop here. For people who are suckers for happy endings like me, there's one more chapter to come. Life doesn't work out the way we want it to sometimes, but there's no reason our fantasies shouldn't.

1...345678