The Black Seas Ch. 16

Story Info
Demons and pirates on the high seas.
2.2k words
7.3k
00

Part 14 of the 22 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 10/03/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Pearl Cays, 1705

Jackwas marooned on the island for two before his ship and Maynard's appeared and picked him up. Maynard acted displeased about the whole plan Jack had concocted without his discussing it first. Jack knew better. Maynard was all too happy to have the chance to ambush and rid the seas of one of the most feared pirates.

Maynard planned to reach the Pearl Cays after Blackbeard and allow the pirate captain to go ahead to shore. Then it was just a matter of bombarding the ship and eliminating the demon pirate himself.

All too easy of a plan, Jack thought and one that was against what Jack had planned.

With the wind at their sides, both ships closed the distance allowing them to catch up with Blackbeard. As theQueen Anne's Revengecame into sight, Maynard signaled Jack to break starboard. Maynard's plan was to rake both sides of Blackbeard's ship rendering it useless. With the ship and majority of his crew immobilized it wouldn't take much to finish off the demon pirate.

Jack didn't have intentions to follow Maynard's plan. "Signal back our confirmation," he instructed. "Prepared for full sails!"

"We had better hope Blackbeard kills him Captain," Davis thought to say.

"We can hope, but if not I'm sure we will have time prepare for his retribution," he assured him and then asked, "Are ye having second thoughts?"

"Not I Captain. As yer first mate I'm just pointing out concerns."

"Thank ye Howell," he said with a nod. "Now get ready just in case Maynard decides to run in our general direction instead of fighting."

"Aye, aye."

——

As the two ships approached Blackbeard's they split taking the massive Man-O-War between them. The crew of theQueen Anne's Revengescurried across the deck readying the cannons. From the lower decks cannons ports opened in response to the threat.

TheOcean's Innocence'sstarboard cannon ports opened; its crew stood ready in apprehension. Meanwhile, Calico Jack stood at the helm grinning as they separated. His crew preparing the cannons for show as not to alert Maynard of their intentions until it was too late.

As theRadiant Discordcame closer, Jack managed to catch a glimpse at the shore to see three longboats without its crew sitting ashore. He assumed Blackbeard and whatever group he took were probably on the other side of the island looking for his fish rock.

Too bad. Maybe today will be the end of Blackbeard.

No sooner did the thought cross his mind did Blackbeard appear on the deck of theQueen Anne's Revenge.The distrustful pirate sent men ashore but apparently decided to keep watch over his ship. As long as both Maynard and Blackbeard stayed busy with each other, it wasn't his concern.

He caught Blackbeard's eye for a second and the demon pirate grinned hatefully at him before turning his attention to his crew. A cold chill ran down Jack's spine despite the warm current air.

The two ships pulled in closer. Maynard yelled for his crew tohold. Blackbeard did the same. Jack on the other hand yelled, "Hard to starboard!"

TheRadiant Discordcut hard through the water, breaking away from Blackbeard's ship. Cannon fire roared from both the other two ships.The Queen Anne's Revenge'sstarboard cannons lashed out at empty sea. To the surprise of both captains Calico Jack was high tailing it out of the area.

Neither captain had time to worry about Jack at the moment, but both remained apprehensive about the sudden move. As soon as the cannons fell silent grappling hooks were tossed from theQueen Anne's Revengeover to theOcean's Innocence.Members of each crew began swinging there way over to the opposite ship.

Blackbeard, a prominent figure, walked briskly across the deck. When he reached the railing he pulled forth two pistols and selecting two of Maynard's men, shot them dead. He threw the pistols aside and pulled out his sword. With a bound, he leapt from his ship over to the other.

He landed and instantly brought his sword down across the back of a crewman. In one fluid motion he pulled out a pistol from his belt and shot another man in the face that was attempting to attack him from behind.

Blackbeard released his grip on the pistol allowing it to clatter to the deck. Suddenly felt something. Not physically but a power calling to him. He looked around, shifting through the chaos on the deck and soon realized it came from below.

It was a calling that tugged at his soul. A taste he could not ignore. He wanted it but it seemed he would have to wait. Before him stood a man with his sword drawn, he had a look of sheer determination set in his features.

Who are ye thatdaremake challenge against me?Blackbeard asked concisely.

"The name is Robert Maynard," he said bowing and spreading his arms wide.

And should I know ye?Blackbeard asked inquisitively.

"Probably not, but it is a name that the world will know as the one that killed the infamous Blackbeard," he announced confidently.

The statement caused Blackbeard to smirk.If ye think ye be willing to take me one, then come ye legless sea dog!He roared.

Maynard nodded and launched himself at the demon captain. His first strike came high. Blackbeard blocked it easily, but Maynard turned his blade at the last second sliding off and bringing his sword down at the pirate's legs. Blackbeard jumped into the air to avoid losing his legs and swung his sword at his opponents head. Maynard ducked and rolled using the momentum of his own attack. He rolled to his feet a few steps away.

Pretty fast for a human.Blackbeard remarked.But yer not an ordinary human.

"Faster than the mighty Blackbeard?"

Not even close ye scurvy dog.He snarled.

"We shall see."

Maynard thrust in at the pirate's chest but pulled short as Blackbeard brought his sword around to parry. He then spun bringing his sword around horizontally at Blackbeard's neck. The pirate easily ducked and countered by sweeping Maynard's legs out from under him.

Maynard landed with a thud and had to quickly roll to the side as Blackbeard's sword stabbed where he just lay. Maynard was surprised with the demon's agility, but not unexpected. He got to his feet and blocked a strike aimed for his midsection.

With each strike Blackbeard threw, Maynard easily deflected. The trouble was not in deflecting but each time the swords clanged against one another, Blackbeard's barely made impact before moving to the next strike.

Weariness began to creep into his muscles and his breaths came on heavier and heavier. The whole time the demon pirate was barely breaking a sweat. Maynard stopped his mind from drifting to listening to what his body was telling him and put it back into the fight. In doing so he found renewed strength and energy.

When the next strike came from the pirate, Maynard simply sidestepped him. He didn't get the effect he'd have like of Blackbeard stumbling forward from over striking. Instead, the pirate with his quick and semi-light strikes was able to compensate, but Maynard was still quicker.

Maynard went to the side and struck out not at Blackbeard but the mast. He cut a rope tied there just before the pirate turned fully around. Blackbeard gave him a toothy grin and raised his sword for a strike when a block swung down from the pulleys above and knocked the sword from the pirate's hand.

Maynard stepped in taking advantage of Blackbeard moment of surprise. He reached in with his free hand in an attempt to grab the lapel of the pirate's jacket intending to run him through with his sword. Blackbeard, however, didn't let his surprise take his mind from the battle. From the corner of his eye he saw Maynard stepping in toward him. His hand was already grabbing a pistol and pulling it free.

Maynard almost didn't see the pistol until it was too late. How could he have been so foolish? The thought flashed though his mind in a brief instant. The pistol came up in line with his head and the demon pirate fired.

Maynard managed to get his feet underneath him and reverse his direction. He brought his sword up just in time to block the lead shot with the side of his sword. Maynard spun away behind the mast to avoid another fired shot at him in his distraction. He came around the other side to see the pirate captain no longer there.

Looking around through the series of fighting between his crew and Blackbeard's he caught sight of the demon steadily walking over to recover his sword. He began to cut a course in the pirate's direction.

Seeing the demon captain unarmed, a few of Maynard's crew decided to attack the pirate. Blackbeard being nearly a head taller than Maynard himself and easily double as wide with thick corded muscles merely knocked the men from the ground and sent them flying backward into the railing or even overboard.

Maynard broke into a sprint. Just as Blackbeard bent to pick up his sword, Maynard got within a few feet and leapt into air to impale him. But as if sensing the maneuver, Blackbeard stood and threw out his right hand catching Maynard. His massive hand wrapped around Maynard's throat like it would around a sword.

Maynard swung his sword around at the pirate, but Blackbeard was focused and ready. He easily blocked the strike then brought his own sword around striking Maynard's hand with the side of his sword. The blow sent Maynard's sword scattering across the deck this time.

Blackbeard held the man high in the air.Ye were talking something about defeating me. Maybe in the next life Robert Maynard.He then thrust his sword through the man's chest.

Maynard gasped as the sword penetrated through his body and out his back. Blackbeard grinned and laughed heartily at the man. He pulled the sword free and threw Maynard across the deck. He impacted with a grunt and slide into the railing, crashing through it and into the water.

Blackbeard sheathed his sword and turned around and signaled for a couple of his crew then walked down to the lower deck. The sensation he felt earlier on grew stronger. He continued down one more deck to a corridor leading to a single door. With a hard kick the door shattered and blew outward from him.

Immediately, Mary Read bolted from her seat almost expecting to see Rusalka standing in the doorway. To her dismay, seeing Blackbeard was worse than proceeding to her death at the hands of a human.

Well, well. What have we here?Blackbeard said cheerfully.Not the presence me feeling but a trophy none the less.

"Like hell," Mary protested.

Ye sail with that accursed wench pirate Anne Bonny, do ye not?

"And if I do what then?" Mary asked dissentingly.

I thought so.He said sharply.Take her.

Blackbeard crossed the length of the room to a door on the opposite side. His two crewmen were already in the process of removing theMythrilcell door as the demon captain pushed his way through the door.

He stepped into a darkened room. His eyes adjusted to the dark and he could see everything in it as if there was a lantern hanging and lit. The room looked much like a storage room and to a naïve individual it would, but Blackbeard recognized a number of the artifacts sitting on the shelves—none of which he was concerned about except for one sitting on the middle shelf directly in front of him.

A simple looking chest sat on the shelf covered in dust. Where a key would fit to open it was carving of a demon head with a keyhole serving as its mouth. AValkyriewith a sense of humor, Blackbeard thought.

He reached out for it and was nearly overtaken by the power that emitted from the little chest. He pushed aside those feelings and grabbed the chest.

By the time he left the small storage room his two crewmen were securing theSuccubus.

Get her over to the Queen Anne and have Morgan hoist the sails and be ready to leave this bilge-sucking ship!

"Aye Captain," both men answered in the form of a grunt. They dragged Mary Read through the door. She kicked and yelled obscenities the entire way.

Blackbeard followed them up to the next deck, but instead of going above deck he turned and went the other way. His detour took him to the gunpowder supply area. Most of the barrels were stacked but a few had fallen and even fewer were split open from impact.

Perfect.

Using his inherent ability of fire, Blackbeard created a small flame and threw it at the exposed gunpowder. The powder instantly caught quickly flared. In a matter of seconds the fire reached the barrels and the explosion followed immediately after.

Blackbeard appeared on theQueen Anne's Revengejust in time to see the ship ripped in half by the explosion. Cheers rang on the deck as Blackbeard's crew celebrated a quick victory. The crew of theOcean's Innocencethat survived the explosion was quickly dispatched. The deck of Blackbeard's ship flowed red.

Is the wench secured?Blackbeard asked to the general group.

"Aye Captain," one of the crew that carried Mary Read out answered. "She is shackled in yer quarters."

Very good,Blackbeard said.Set sail gents. Soon we will rip away Davy Jones' power and it will all be ours!

Share this Story

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Similar Stories

The Brethren The tale of Davy Jonesin Sci-Fi & Fantasy
Rising Tide: CATU Book 3 Ch. 00 What happens to a nosy agent?in Novels and Novellas
Alexandros: Ch. 00-01 The tale of a banished Spartan warrior.in Novels and Novellas
Accession: CATU Book 5 Ch. 00 Confusion.in Novels and Novellas
Of Gods & Demons The origins of Ra and Anubis.in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
More Stories