The Black Seas Ch. 24-26

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Rusalka having slain two of the group attacking looked in Jack direction and shouted something. He wasn't able to pick up her words over the shouts and clanging of metal against metal.

When it was clear Jack wasn't hearing what she was saying, Rusalka pointed toward the stern of the ship. Jack got the message and looked back. TheQueen Anne's Revenge andOcean's Revenge glided smoothly through the water headed to either side of theDiscord andJane. Jack wasn't sure if Blackbeard or Maynard was alive but it was clear both ships were on the same side.

When Jack looked back to Rusalka, theDiscord had already pulled across the bowsprit awaiting her to leap onto the deck. Rusalka looked wearily toward Jack. He remained stoic and shouted to her, "Go! I'm coming!"

Rusalka nodded and leapt. He looked back once again having to duck and stabbing out. His sword pierced the chest of a man and he fell no longer obstructing Jack's view and giving him another second of respite.

The two ships were on top of them. TheDiscord hadn't a chance to come around to reach him and the only way to escape now was to go to it. Without considering his next thought Jack ran across the deck.

As he ran he swung his sword wildly, blocking and slicing, cutting a path toward the bowsprit. He had nearly made it when a sudden bite shot through his right leg.

His next step took him to the deck. In the impact he lost grip of his sword. It went scattering across the deck, far out of his reach. Jack reached down to feel blood just as a group of men surrounded him, pointing their swords at him.

He looked around seeing theDiscord slipping out the cove and theQueen Anne's Revenge around to cover theRanger from a possible attack. But Jack knew they weren't coming back.

———

"No matter what happens tomorrow, ye have to escape," Jack said suddenly as he, Anne and Mary Read lay in bed. It was the night before Blackbeard would reach them.

They had spent the evening celebrating their victory over their pursuers. They had agreed to give the crew sometime for celebration to keep their spirits high.

He had just awoke from a peaceful sleep, dreaming of another life with the woman he loved and the woman his sister loved. Though Anne said she didn't see Mary as loyal, he could clearly see different. His sudden outburst woke both women. They managed to sleep through the noise that carried on the deck, but that could be contributed to the hours of procreation prior to their sleep.

"What do ye mean?" Anne asked.

Jack smiled and stroked her cheek. "Ye carry me child and ye death does it no good."

"He."

"What?"

"It is a he," Anne said smiling.

Excitement quickly bubbled up inside. "Do we have a name yet?"

"No, but we can decide on one after this battle is over."

"Just promise me if something doesn't go as we plan ye will escape without question."

Anne didn't respond right away. Jack raised his eyebrows in a questioning like gesture.

"Very well," she said at last.

He leaned in and kissed her then felt an arm wrap around his body from behind. The hand pulled him around and lips locked onto his and Mary kissed him deeply.

She broke away and said, "Don't ye worry Jack, I will make sure she does as ye ask. Now let's take our minds off that."

———

Jack reflected on those thoughts and the thought of his unborn child bringing a smile to his face. The smile wasn't even broken when Robert Maynard stepped up to stand before him, a rifle in his hand.

"I told you not to betray me Jack," he said without emotion. "Now all that's left is to hunt down your sister."

"Good luck with that," he bit back with a smile still plastered to his face.

Maynard smirked and raised the rifle into the air then drove the butt into Jack's face. Darkness grasped him instantly.

Bahamas, Twenty Miles from Dead Man's Cove

Thewater crested and broke. Beneath a large ship shot out spewed from the sea. The massive ship shifted to slam horizontally onto the sea. Water drained from its decks and down alongside the ship to return to the rest of the sea.

Across the vast deck creatures labored. A lone figure stood on the bowsprit with a sheepish grin on his face.

TheShakti, Captain Morgan now in command of theFlyingDutchman had only one problem: he was bound to the sea and the locker for all eternity.

Share this Story

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Similar Stories

The Brethren The tale of Davy Jonesin Sci-Fi & Fantasy
Rising Tide: CATU Book 3 Ch. 00 What happens to a nosy agent?in Novels and Novellas
Alexandros: Ch. 00-01 The tale of a banished Spartan warrior.in Novels and Novellas
Accession: CATU Book 5 Ch. 00 Confusion.in Novels and Novellas
Of Gods & Demons The origins of Ra and Anubis.in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
More Stories