The Bonding Chronicles Ch. 13

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Never before had he felt the definitive fear that crept up his spine as he did in that moment, and as she squinted her eyes and pulled her arms apart trying to break her chains, he turned, preparing to flee. The chains held despite the tremendous force she was putting on them, and he again felt relief settle upon him. He began to scan the open space of the warehouse, in hopes of finding something he could try and beat her to death with, when he his attention was brought back to Sara, as she began to laugh.

"I will give you five seconds to run and try to escape, but after that, I will find you, and I will kill you, Brandon."

He glowered at her, his pride flaring at her brazen statement — she was in no position to make a threat like that.

"One."

Sara's voice was calm and dispassionate, which just further served to anger Brandon, who again scanned the warehouse. Whoever had cleared out the place had done a remarkable job. Beyond a few pallets and small fruit crates, the entire space was empty.

"Two."

He could hear the smile in her voice as he considered what to do, and the calm confidence in her tone drove him towards action. He sprinted to one of the pallets in hopes of pulling out one of the boards. The board came loose a little too easily, the soft wood pulling through the nails that held it in place. Termites had eaten through most of the wood, and what remained was too deteriorated to serve his purpose.

"Four."

He chastised himself for wasting precious time, and as he shouted his command to Mercedes, he could see Sara watching him with her almond eyes, her angular features pulled back in a joyous snear.

"Kill her!" he declared.

Mercedes fought his command as best she could, but the intensity of his desires forced her into action. Sara turned her attention on the frail woman, and Mercedes' heart stopped at the feral determination that she could see behind Sara's cat-like eyes. Mercedes hoped that Sara was still there; the supernatural woman who was resting before her seemed so different, and she was unsure what Sara was going to do.

Her kick was clumsy and slow, her resistance to Brandon's command blunting the force of her strike, and as Sara caught her leg in her hands, Mercedes almost cried out in fear. The woman was stronger than anyone she had ever known. Sara barely moved from the force of her timid kick, and the power within Sara's grip seemed unlimited.

"Five."

Sara finished her countdown with a hiss, as she turned her gaze back on Brandon, who studied her from afar. It was obvious he was unsure she could fulfill her promise, and as she smiled, he realized his mistake.

Mercedes withdrew her leg the moment Sara released her grip, and in the span of a moment, Sara's body began transforming with alarming speed. Her wrists and ankles slipped from the chains as fur pushed out from her skin, while her bones and musculature changed shape.

Brandon seized that brief opportunity and sprinted towards the closest window, vanishing into the night as he leaped through the broken glass.

Sara watched Mercedes, her grin looking comical upon her face as her lips thinned and darkened while amber, white, and black fur covered her elongating face in a mottled pattern. After only a couple of seconds, a large ocelot face grinned towards Mercedes, extending out from Sara's shirt, where the red-haired woman has just been.

Mercede's could not help but laugh as Sara stumbled to the side, learning the hard way why Therians always disrobed before shifting into their animal form. Sara's feral growl stopped her laugh as the sound of shredding cloth declared her freedom, her supernaturally sharp claws making short work of the constraining fabric.

The moment the cloth had been removed, Sara was dashing across the large warehouse, and as she lept through the open window, the only reminder of her presence was the faint smell of the powerful woman's arousal, which still hung in the air. Mercedes blinked back her confusion, and wondered how in such a short period of time, so much had changed. Sara was a marvel, providing her with the strength to once again stand against Brandon, but just as she feared that the indomitable woman had been beaten, the unexpected had happened. For the first time in over a year, Mercedes held the hope that she may be free of Brandon, and as she moved towards the open window, she desired one thing above all others: To witness his demise.

Sara could not believe the strength and agility of her new body, the muscles working with tireless efficiency as she stalked through the forest. Her fur-coated body felt marvelous as she prowled between the trees, her loose skin moving over her limbs and keeping her aerodynamic, as she rushed through the brush in pursuit of her prey.

Her senses were beyond anything she had ever known, the sights and sounds of the forest building a picture within her mind, and as she stalked Brandon through the trees, she realized how profound the change had been. It was not just that she heard better or saw more clearly; it was much deeper than that. Sara stopped and sniffed at Brandon's pants, which had been discarded as he prepared to shift, and as she took in his musky, masculine scent, she could almost see the path he had taken through the brush.

The forest seemed bright as day to her, rendered in muted tones of green and grey, as she followed the haphazard path he had taken. His trail seemed somehow brighter, and Sara wasted no time in trying to figure out how this new sense worked. She just pursued it with single-minded determination. She could smell the desperation and fear in his scent, and knew he was struggling to distance himself from her.

Brandon was glad to have shed his clothes, and hoped that Sara would struggle with her cat-form, knowing that it had taken him several full moons as a child, before he was capable of sprinting through the forest on all fours. The thought gave him hope that he may still escape, the wind flowing through his fur adding to his exhilaration, and as he rushed through the forest, his large mountain lion body gushed with excitement at being used so fully.

While the full moon had allowed him to shift, the task had taken a lot of his remaining energy, and he knew that his feline form would not last long. For nearly twenty minutes he sprinted through the Oregon forest, running through every stream he crossed, and jumping across numerous clearings in the hopes of muddling his trail and shaking Sara off his scent. Brandon pushed himself harder than he ever had before, and as his muscles began to ache, he could feel his body wanting to shift back into human form.

He hoped he had distanced himself enough, and that his misdirections and trips along the streams had obscured his scent enough that Sara would not be able to find him. He needed an hour, just one hour under the full moon to restore his gifts and replenish his body, and as he crashed through a bush, his hands failing to catch himself as he unexpectedly shifted back into human form, he knew that his escape had been thwarted.

He could not hear Sara, or even sense her around him, but he could feel Mercedes as she rushed towards him. Even if he had shaken Sara from his scent, his mate would lead the frightening woman right to him. He stood and began to run through the forest on shaky legs, his diminished energy failing to provide him with the strength he needed to overcome the fatigue of his body.

After five minutes of stumbling through brush, he knew that Sara was toying with him. He could hear wood snapping in the distance, and as he looked to where the sound had come from, all he could see was a broken or dangling branch. He was frantic and afraid, knowing that escape was no longer an option.

Brandon stood there, his gaze shifting through the forest as he took deep, sharp breaths of the cool night air, while he considered his options, when he heard her. A deep feline howl carried out through the forest, calling Brandon to where Sara had decided to finish things. He knew that if he did not go to her that she would stalk and murder him within the forest, pouncing from some unseen vantage as he stumbled through the brush.

He marched towards the sounds of her wailing cry, and as he entered the large clearing she had chosen as the site of their final confrontation, he held hope for one final gambit. Mercedes was drawing close.

Sara was reminded of the clearing in the forest where Tani'm had waged her war with the wolf, and as she watched the haggard man fumble his way into the clearing, she knew that things would not end the same way for her. Brandon cut an intimidating figure as he was bathed in moonlight, his broad shoulders and barrel chest impressive on his six-foot-two-inch frame. She began to wonder how such an impressive young man had become so evil, but stopped her considerations as she realized she didn't care what got him to where he was; he was cruel, and needed to be put down.

His body was coated in scrapes and scratches from his time in the forest, and while he limped towards her, she knew he was faking much of his fatigue. Sara could sense the wild energy within him, and knew that the moon had given him some of his strength back, though she recognized it was not enough.

He stopped and looked into the amber eyes of the large ocelot that sat in the center of the clearing. Sara was impressive, her coat pristine and gorgeous, the pattern of the black dots that covered her body reminding him of the shadows of the forest, and he knew they worked well from personal experience. Her smell was unmistakable, and even in her feline form, he could not miss the hint of sexual desire that clung to her sweet scent.

"Well? Are you going to finish this?" he asked between panting breaths, his arm flailing out towards her as he doubled over with fake exhaustion.

Sara knew that her earlier plan to drain him of his energy had worked better than she expected, and despite seeing through his false fatigue, she knew better than to underestimate him. As she stood on human legs, her naked body looking radiant under the full moon, she smiled and responded, "I told you I would hunt you down."

Brandon laughed and waved his hand towards her, saying, "Yeah, yeah, yeah. Hunt me down and kill me. Blah, blah, blah." He studied her face, and through her feral eyes, he suspected he knew the truth of her — the truth of most people: she was not capable of taking a life. "The fact is, ya' can't. You don't got it in ya'. Don't feel bad, none of you weak little kitties can do what it takes-"

As Sara moved in to shut him up, Brandon sprung his trap, and it was not until his claws were drawn and his arm was lashing out towards the red-haired woman that he realized it was her trap that he had fallen into.

Sara's speed was remarkable, and as Brandon lunged forward, Sara's training kicked in. Many nights of play-fighting with Andrew and sparring with Dave had prepared her for that moment, and now that she possessed the agility to seize her opportunity and the clarity to act with precision, she took great joy as she dodged and slipped every attack within Brandon's furious barrage.

In his simple movements, she could see that he was untrained and unskilled, having never learned to fight. Wrestling and bullying the smaller kids in The Clowder had never challenged him, and as she studied how he positioned his body, she realized the arrogance of that mistake — many bad habits were on display within each and every one of his attacks.

The fact that Sara was no faster than he was brought Brandon some relief, and meant that he would have stood a chance, if not for her skill. Earlier that night, he had kept her at bay with the advantage of speed, even if just barely, but now that they were standing on equal footing, everything was different. Sara watched the fear return to his gaze as she unleashed her one and only attack, her hand lashing out with lightning speed, and causing her claws to hit their mark.

Brandon dashed back, aborting his further assault as pain shot up his arm, and looking at his wrist, he was shocked to see blood pouring from four long cuts that reached nearly to his bone. Sara stood and watched as Brandon focused his will on mending his wounds, and revised her plan from earlier in the evening as she sensed the new addition to their combat.

He had just enough strength to mend his new wound, and as he heard Mercedes enter from the forest, he healed himself enough to stem the tide of blood and save his life, holding back a small amount of energy with a desperate plan brewing in the darkest recesses of his mind. Mercedes looked somehow more thin and frail in her cat form, the four-foot long feline resting on her haunches at the edge of the clearing and watching the scene with excitement in her eyes.

Brandon smiled as he looked at his mate, hoping that his last gamble would work, and as he took a breath to yell out his command, he could hear Sara closing the distance to him. He turned just in time to bring his arm up and deflect her attack, but what he failed to realize was that he had given her just what she wanted.

Her claws again raked across his inner arm and sliced open his artery, doing tremendous damage as he fell back into the grass. Brandon had never been so weak, his gift lacking the energy to mend the damage that had just been done. His eyes were wide as he looked into Sara's happy gaze, and he knew she could finish him, but was choosing not to.

Mercedes was unsure what Sara was playing at, but enjoyed the scene as Brandon watched the stronger woman with shock and horror in his frightened eyes. Her purr poured from her throat in a deep and pronounced rumble that filled the clearing, announcing to everyone within her pleasure at what she saw.

Blood gushed from his wrist in thick and steady pulses, and as he began to feel faint, he knew he had to act to save his own life. After stammering an incoherent plea, he used the last of his strength to begin mending the artery, which had been severed in several places. The moment he reached the last of his power, he was consumed by a sickening, unfamiliar feeling, as his fatigued muscles burned and grew weaker. His wound was mending, but as he studied his wrist, his mind struggled to make sense of the cannibalism that was consuming his body.

The instant his arteries were sealed again, he stopped his healing efforts, exhaustion written across his pale face as he studied Sara's grin.

"You think you've won? You still ain't got what it takes to finish this."

Sara knelt down and ran her fingers through the grass, enjoyment evident in her deep purr as she savored the feeling of the leaves brushing against her skin. Brandon was annoyed, knowing that she was toying with him, and realizing that he was powerless to stop her.

"See, bitch? You can't do it! You will ne-"

His screaming voice was cut short as Sara turned her gaze on him, her almond eyes digging deep into his soul as she smiled callously at his frightened face. Her laughter seemed to sap the last warmth out of his shivering limbs as a chill ran up his spine.

"You still don't get it, do you?" Sara paused, watching the confusion that continued to blanket his pale features. "I'm not going to kill you, Brandon."

He took a deep breath, happy to know that he had been right about her, and knowing that he would survive the night.

"She is," Sara said, tilting her head towards Mercedes, who was watching them with wide-eyed wonder.

In that moment, Brandon and Mercedes both realized the trap that Sara had led Brandon into, and the depth of her compassion for what Brandon had done to Mercedes. Everything that had happened was a direct result of Brandon's actions, and Mercedes had been his hostage in every terrible deed. Brandon had used her to fulfill every dark desire he had ever had, and as Mercedes stood, her purr growing louder with every determined step, Brandon knew she would not show him any mercy.

His command was still enforced, and he could feel his body withering away as she fought her way towards him, her gait faltering for brief moments, as he continued to weaken himself to try and keep her at bay. His cries and pleas turned to whimpers, as the last of his strength was sacrificed in his failed attempt to keep her away.

By the time Mercedes came up to Brandon, her large furry head nuzzling up to the side of his gaunt and emaciated face, he was a wisp of his former self. His once large and powerful body had been reduced to skin and bones, every ounce of energy-providing tissue consumed in his desperation to keep his mate from killing him.

Sara was surprised at how tender Mercedes seemed, the thin cat showing affection to the once-arrogant man as she ran her temple across his cheek. Mercedes pulled back, looking into Brandon's frightened face, savoring the last look he would ever give her, and was elated with the knowledge that her greatest dream was about to come true. Her nightmare was about to end, and it would be by her claws and fangs that Brandon would meet his demise.

Brandon's scream was short lived, his weak body unable to mount much resistance as Mercedes bit into his neck. He managed to sink his clawed fingers into her sides, but the strength left his arms the moment they found purchase in her flesh. Mercedes eviscerated his abdomen with her hind claws, while she tore the side of his neck from his body with her teeth. His blood was unlike that of the many animals she had stalked and killed on similar full moons. It was bitter and tasted disgusting, but she savored it just the same, finding the aftertaste of freedom a difficult flavor to ignore.

His claws retracted as the life left his eyes, and Mercedes jumped back as his arms fell to his sides. It took her almost five seconds to revert to her human form, and already, Sara could see the difference in the frail-looking woman. Mercedes stood proud, and there was an air of confidence in her gaze as she studied the corpse on the ground before her.

Mercedes stood there for many long moments, just watching Brandon and remembering the hell he had put her through, when her contemplation was suddenly broken. Sara came rushing in with a large rock held overhead, and the moment she stood over him, the rock came crashing down onto his face.

"What the fu-"

The thin woman's shock was interrupted as Sara again lifted the rock, and proceeded to smash it into the thin body that shook with every impact. By the time she was finished, the powerful woman was panting, having put every ounce of strength into each and every smash of the large stone.

"Jesus, Sara. I already killed him. Fuck!"

Sara looked up, blood smattered across her arms, chest, and legs, and explained, "Fuck that, and fuck him. I have seen enough horror movies to know that you never stop when the bad guy is 'dead.' We would have started back towards the warehouse, and this motherfucker would have come back at us." She stood and smiled at Mercedes, finding the shock in the young woman's eyes understandable, yet entertaining.

"Mamma didn't raise no fool!"

Mercedes shook her head and clutched her side, the pain of Brandon's final attack starting to settle in as the shock of adrenaline began to wear off.

"You gonna be okay?" Sara asked, as she rushed over to Mercedes, pulling the older woman's hand away from her side and revealing several deep, but superficial wounds.

While she shook her head and swatted Sara's hands away from her side, Mercedes responded, "Yeah, yeah, I should be fine. I don't get you. How could you have known things would turn out like this?"

Sara laughed, her sharp teeth and bright amber eyes standing out in the light of the full moon. "I didn't. I mean, how could I?"

The two women began tracing their path back towards the warehouse, leaving Brandon's body to be devoured by the animals and plants of the forest.

1...345678