The Bought Husband Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

There was an uproar and a lot of gavel pounding before things settled down. The lawyers were called to the bench for a side bar and when it was over Moser's lawyer came back to me.

"Mr. Stanton, you are aware that false statements can lead to civil penalties are you not?"

"I am"

"You have just accused Mr. Moser and his foundation of possibly taking part in an illegal act. Knowing that there are penalties for making those kinds of false statements would you like to retract that statement?"

"No, of course not. I do not believe that it is a coincidence that Mr. Washington was blackmailing my wife for something that happened at a Clayton Foundation dinner and that he is here now testifying on behalf of the Clayton Foundation. I believe that what happened at that dinner was a set up and I believe that officers of that foundation, of which Mr. Moser is one, had a hand in it."

"And would you like to explain to this court just how The Clayton Foundation had a hand in this so called blackmail scheme?"

"My wife attended one of their social functions and someone slipped date rape drugs in her drink. Sometime during the evening she was photographed in several sexually compromising positions and two weeks after the affair Mr. Washington showed up with the photos and began making demands. Because of my wife's social position she did not feel that she could let those photos become public so she foolishly gave into Mr. Washington's demands which, unfortunately, included a demand for sexual favors as well as money. Unfortunately I knew none of this until Mr. Washington took the stand. My wife confessed and explained what had happened to me at lunch today."

"But you have no proof of this do you?"

"No, I don't, at least not tying the foundation to it, but I do have the photos that Mr. Washington gave my wife when he approached her to blackmail her."

"All right, let us move to something else. Have you been paid to be your wife's husband?"

"Define the word "paid."

"Very well. Are you getting something for being your wife's husband?"

"Yes I am."

"Frankly sir, I never expected you to admit it. Would you please tell the court what you receive for being her husband?"

"Smiles, hugs and kisses, love and affection, companionship and she spoils me rotten.

"Very clever Mr. Stanton. Have you not been paid two and a half million dollars to be her husband for five years?"

"I have not."

"What would you say if I told you I have proof that it is in fact true?"

"I would say that you manufactured that proof at the same time that you paid Mr. Washington five million to get on the witness stand and perjure himself. What is more, I have proof. Well, actually it is indirect proof, but proof to any thinking person just the same."

"I don't believe that I have ever heard of the concept of indirect proof. What pray tell might that be?"

"I'll answer your question with a question. If you had 2 and a half million in your left hand and five million in your right and you were told you could have one or the other, which one would you take?"

"The five of course. Any sane person who make that choice."

"So, if I had been paid two and a half million to be a phony husband I would have to had been either stupid or insane to turn down the five million Brian Moser offered me to get on the stand and say that my marriage was a fake, now wouldn't I?"

There was a lot of yelling, gavel pounding, finger pointing and threats of being sued until I produced the tape I had made of my meeting with Moser. Gloria won hands down and the judge told Moser that he was going to recommend to the District Attorney that Moser be tried for a half a dozen different charges. Unfortunately the tapes didn't give a name to the informant that Moser referred to even though everyone knew it had to be Jumal so, since there was no proof, he skated on the deal.

The ride home was silent until we were almost in the driveway. Gloria had stared at me most of the way home and finally she said, "The blackmail photos that you said you had were the ones from that night weren't they?"

"Yes."

"You knew that far ahead of time what Jumal was going to do?"

"Yes I did. I knew that I had to have a way to diffuse his testimony about your continued affair with him and that it had to be real enough to pass examination if it had to be produced in court. The only way to make it real enough was to make it real."

"But how did you know?"

"You owe Sally Ann big time for that and I did tell her that you would see to it that she got a large bonus when the dust settled."

I told her how Sally Ann had found out about how the medical story was bogus, how she had overheard Jumal on the telephone offering to sell us out for a price and I told her about being in the den when she and Jumal had the argument.

"I put them all together and when Moser called me and asked me to have lunch with him I knew what was happening and I wore a tape recorder to the meeting to see if I could get him to commit on tape."

"Why didn't you tell me Jack? Why did you let me suffer all these months thinking that I was going to lose everything?"

"I didn't trust you Glory."

"You didn't trust me? Just what the fuck does that mean?"

"I put that poorly. What I meant is that I did not trust you not to act like a love-sick female."

"You keep digging your hole deeper Jack. Just what does that mean?"

"It means that I knew Jumal was selling you out and I remembered our first dinner together on the night you offered me the deal. Your exact words were, "Love is blind Jack. I adore him. It doesn't matter what he does I'll find excuses for him." If I told you what I knew you would have said, "Bullshit Jack" and you would have run to him with my "ridiculous" story. He would have called Moser and they would have known that we were on to them. The only way my tape was going to work was if they never saw it coming."

"You could have at least shared it with our lawyer."

"He is your lawyer Glory, not mine, and the same thing that I didn't want to happen would have happened. I tell him. He discuses it with you, you confront me and then run to Jumal."

She stared at me in silence for several moments and then said, "Why did you do it Jack? Why did you pass on five million just to two and a half?"

"You still don't get it do you Glory? As bright as you are and as good a businessperson as you are and you still don't get it. I would have thought that your father would have passed it on to you in his genes. Think on it Glory; think on it and see what you come up with. I'm going to bed now. We need to get up early tomorrow. This court thing has kept us away from the office for too long and the work is piling up. Goodnight."

As I walked toward my room she called out, "Jack." I turned and she said, "Thank you Jack, thank you for everything." I smiled at her, turned and went to my room.

I was surprised when about two hours later Gloria came into my room. Mostly I was surprised because she didn't wake me up by stroking my cock like she usually did. This time she woke me up with a blow job. When she had me awake she said, "I'm keyed up. I need to take the edge off. I don't have anything in me this time, but you think you could see your way clear to eat me anyway?"

"Yeah, I think that I could do that."

I went to work on her and I went slow and easy so she could relax, but she really didn't want to relax - to take the edge off - and her hands dug into my hair and she pulled me to her and started to moan. It began as a low hiss, "Yesyesyesyesssssss" and rose to an "oh god oh god oh god" and then became a "fuck me fuck me fuck me, oh god please fuck me." I did, but it was awkward for me at first. Once we knew Gloria was pregnant we stopped having sex so I had never made love to her with her big belly. I finally figured out what to do and I got the job done and then Gloria surprised me again - she laid down next to me, snuggled up and went to sleep.

When I woke up in the morning Gloria was awake, lying on her side, leaning on an elbow and looking down at me while she stroked my cock.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Last night I get head, pussy and a partner to snuggle up to and this morning, unless I'm greatly mistaken, I'm going to get laid again."

"A girl gets horny when she's knocked up. You just happen to have the equipment needed to take care of the problem."

I couldn't resist; I just had to say it, "You seem to have gotten over Jumal pretty quick. I expected you to take to your room and cry your eyes out for a week."

"I probably would have if he had left me for another woman or if I had come home and found him in bed with Sally Ann. But the cold way it happened, in my bed making love to me and not eight hours later he's in court shooting me through the grease tended to kill things quickly. Oh look, I think he's ready to play. You are going to play, aren't you?"

"You are one of a kind Jack, when they made you they broke the mold."

We were in the car on the way to work when she said that.

"How so?"

"I thought about what you said and I finally figured it out. Loyalty. That and the fact that you gave your word. Honesty and truthfulness are the watch words, right Jack?"

All I could do was shrug my shoulders."

"Anyone else would have taken the five million and run with it. What I don't understand is how you can be that way and then lie under oath in court."

"I didn't lie in court."

"Sure you did. The man flat out asked you if you had been paid two and a half million to pretend to be my husband and you said no."

"That wasn't a lie."

"Sure it was."

"No Gloria, it wasn't. We were in a court of law and in court a word means just what it means. His question was "have you been paid." I don't get the money until the five years is up. If his question had been "Are you going to be paid" and I answered no then I would have been lying."

She was silent for several miles and then she said, "What about the other?"

"What other?"

"Do you love your wife" was as direct a question as you could get and you said yes."

"I did, didn't I."

"Well?"

"Well what?"

"That was a lie."

I looked at her for several seconds and then I turned and looked out the window as I said, "No, no it wasn't."

She stared at me for several very long moments and then in almost a whisper, "Oh. Oh Sweet Jesus."

The work had piled up while I had been spending time on our court case and the day went quickly as I dug into it. Gloria had her plate full too and we worked through lunch and we didn't talk again until the ride home that night. We were no sooner in the limo than she put the divider up and said, "You said you loved me. How can you square that against what you had done to me in that hotel room."

"Tina Turner has a song about that. It's called "What's Love Got To Do With It."

"Must you always speak in riddles Jack? Can't you just give me a straight answer for a change?"

"Not a riddle Gloria. You didn't hire me to love you. You hired me to see to it that you got thirty-one million dollars. Five hours in a hotel room with six guys was a small price to pay for such a large return on investment, especially since you so obviously had a good time. Fortunately we didn't have to use those photos in court to smear Jumal, but I had to be ready just in case."

She was quiet almost all the rest of the way home and as we pulled into the drive she said, "What are you going to do about Sally Ann?"

"I don't know. Now that she knows all about the arrangement you had with Jumal I suppose I can start having her over in the evenings if she can get away. That way I won't have to miss so much work. Why?"

"We really don't need her anymore."

"Why not?"

"Well for one thing I've already told you how horny that being pregnant makes me and you did say in court that you handle your husbandly duties."

"Are you asking me to be your real husband?"

"You are my real husband Jack. The paperwork isn't fake and neither was the wedding ceremony. I am legally Gloria Marcella Stanton and all I'm saying is that it is time for me for me to be a proper wife to you."

"What happens after the baby arrives and all those scrambled hormones that are making you horny level out?"

"It won't change anything Jack, we will still be married."

"What happens at the end of the five years?"

"That will be your choice Jack."

"You sure about this?"

"Never been more sure of anything in my life. I have an honest to god Knight in Shining Armor and I'd be a fool to let him get away."

"Okay. We will settle up with Sally Ann and give her a nice bonus for alerting us to what was coming and then I guess we will just see what happens."

"You want me to move to your room or will you move to mine?"

"What do you mean?"

"Men sometimes have ego problems Jack. Can you handle sleeping in the bed where I spent so much time with Jumal?"

"Look at it as my claiming my territory after driving him from it."

"Oh Jack, you are such a romantic."

12