The Boys in Blue Ch. 19

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
RobinLane
RobinLane
337 Followers

Terry said that she had worked hard to push the album along wanting it completion before he returned, so they could be together with no interruptions.

So she agreed; the party consisted of John her manager and his wife, May and Terry and the publicity guy with his dolly bird.

He had booked a table at a well know nightclub for them. What she didn't know was that the little shit, as she called him, had tipped off a photographer to be present, and had also spoken to May.

The evening had started well, but as it drew on May was drinking more, and grew quite tipsy, when suddenly, he put an arm around her, kissing her hard his other hand clutching at her breast. That's when the photograph was taken, although she was unaware of it at the time.

'I was so startled' she said 'It took a second for me react; I slapped the bastard hard across his smug face and dashed out of the club.'

The next morning she was woken by hammering on her door, when she opened it, there were about twenty reporters and photographer their lights flashing in my face shouting question at her, 'had she seen the morning paper?' 'Was she and May an item?' 'Did her husband know?'

'Bobby it was horrible' her voice breaking.

I slammed the door in their faces and ran upstairs. I phoned John; he had only just seen the papers. I explained about the reporters outside.

He advised me to get out of there as soon as possible, and go and stay with someone for a few days until the press lost interest.

I had no sooner put the phone down than it rang. It was a reporter from a daily I just slammed it down.

I was just standing there trying to get my thoughts in order when my mobile rang it was another reporter.

Bobby they had my phone and mobile numbers, I felt trapped' she said sobbing.

I phoned for a taxi and arranged for it to meet me at the end of the lane on the main road.

I threw some clothes on grabbed my handbag and just left; they followed me all the way up the lane asking horrible questions.

I jumped into a taxi and offered the man an extra twenty pounds if he made sure we weren't followed.

He dropped me off at Sue's flat in Notting Hill thankfully she was in.

I never left the flat for three days; the papers were still splashing it, what they didn't know they made up.

'The worst part was I couldn't get in touch with you, I tried Bobby God knows I tried but no one in the military would help, something about bloody security. Sue didn't have a computer. And Carol and July were out of town' She was wiping her eyes with a tissue.

Three days ago John found out what he had already suspected. He confronted the little shit in the office of one of the executives of the record company.

He quite willingly admitted that he had set it up pointing out what great publicity it had created and May had gone along with it for the publicity and his ego. They made him write out a statement of what he had done and that I had not been involved in it, and then they fired him.

I managed to get through to Alan Carr and asked what time your plane landed, rather reluctantly he told me.

By the time I got to Brize Norton, you'd gone."

He looked at her, seeing her eyes red and swollen.

"Darling you've been through hell whilst I've just been feeling sorry for myself."

"That doesn't matter so long has I haven't lost you," she sobbed.

"It'll never happen," he said tenderly, "I love you too much."

"Where are you?" She asked him.

"Barbados, look I'll catch a plane back tomorrow."

"No don't, I'll come out to you, I'll try and get a flight out tomorrow." She paused,

"Oh, god darling," she whispered "all this upset as screwed up my body clock, I've come on."

Robert smiled, "well worse things happen at sea that doesn't matter, what matters is that you will be here."

"I've seen Tim, when he came to see Sue, and he knows the truth now. He said you were pretty cut up about it, but didn't know where you were, apart from you had left in a car. Carol and July came back when the story broke; we tried to contact you on their laptops, but we couldn't get through. Tim has yours; you left it on the aircraft."

They talked for a few more minutes with Terry saying she would ring in the morning once she had her flight details.

Robert had his best night's sleep for well over a week, waking refreshed. Terry phoned at ten, to say her plane would be landing at eleven pm his time. He said he would be there to meet her they talked for a while before breaking the connection.

He looked at his watch, and then dashed down stairs. Hanna was in the kitchen.

"Hanna Mrs Barlow is arriving tonight."

"Oh... we don't have much food in sir," she replied.

He reached into his wallet extracting a bundle of notes,

"Here," he said offering the notes, "stock up with everything, and I'll need flowers, lots of flowers." He said breathlessly.

Her face broke into a wide smile.

"I'll just finish cleaning up, and then I'll get Sam to run me into Bridgetown in his pickup, but it's going to take a few hours sir."

"No problem she doesn't arrive until eleven tonight."

He heard Sam's pickup leave and hour later; he was in the bedroom packing his clothes away from his valise that had lain unopened since his arrival, when he heard Pearl's voice.

"Anyone here?"

"Up here Pearl," he replied.

She entered the bedroom; she was wearing a white shirt collar dress a small belt at her waist held in the full skirt made of some filmy material that ended several inches above her knees. He noticed that she wore high heels her legs sheathed in white nylons; her face was made up with a splash of red lipstick on her lips.

She's either going to or coming from some place he reasoned.

She came over and sat on the bed.

"OK, don't hold me in suspense, what happened?"

So he told her.

When he had ended, she looked at him and shook her head slightly.

"The bastard," she hissed, "he could have ruined your marriage."

"Well as of eleven tonight I'll have my marriage back," he paused, "or nearly."

She frowned, her eyes questioning.

"Terry's body clock has thrown a wobbly, so I have to wait for a few days."

"Oh, you don't get much luck do you," she said with a chuckle, "so I guess my spell as surrogate wife is over."

"I don't know how I'm ever going to ever repay you Pearl for what you did for me, and I hope that one day you can find it in your heart to forgive me for what I did to you," he whispered.

"Bob, dear Bob you didn't do anything to me, you did it to a body, I just happened to be inside it at the time, so let's forget it."

She stood up from the bed.

"Well I have to go and visit a client, I'm just so glad the two of you have sorted it out.

Pride can be a terrible thing at times Bob."

She came over to him and kissed him gently. She could feel his erection building; she moved her body back, her arms still around his neck, looking into his eyes, "Bob that was all right yesterday when you needed it, but today you have Terry back, save it for her, besides," she chuckled, "I'm tempted."

She gathered up her purse and started to move towards the bedroom door.

"Pearl," he murmured, "I think I still need you."

She stopped and turned to look at him for several seconds, "are you sure Bob?"

He just nodded. She stared at him; she could see the longing in his eyes.

"But why Bob, you have Terry again now."

"I know it's crazy, but after yesterday I've not been able to forget how good it was making love to you."

Pearl chuckled, "it was pretty intense."

"Just thinking about it is making me horny," he murmured.

"Well I have to admit now you mention it that it was rather good. But Bob if we did it again wouldn't we be doing what you thought your wife had been doing, being unfaithful."

"Yes you are right in what you say. Maybe it's just because I haven't had any sex for such a long time that being with you has opened the dam's gate."

"So this is just sex then."

He nodded his head. She stared at him for a moment longer then began to remove the dress, placing it over a chair. She was wearing a deep cut white lace bra with matching panties with hold up stockings. The contrast of the white bra, panties and stockings against her honey coloured skin was startling.

"Bob I have an appointment in an hour's time," she murmured has she reached round to unclip the bra. He moved over towards her putting his arms around her.

"Pearl," he murmured, "why do I want you so much?"

"I guess because I want you too," she whispered back has their lips joined.

He led her to the bed then stood above her has he undressed, and she removed the panties. He lay over her resting on his elbows has he lowered his head to kiss her gently, she responded by putting her arms around his neck her eyes never leaving him He gently cupped her full breast then lowered his head taking the nipple into his mouth, she groaned has he felt it respond. He lifted his head again to gaze at her, her beautiful face the lips were parted slightly, he could see her perfect white teeth clenched together has she returned his look. When he entered her it was slow and gentle, her legs came up to straddle his waist locking them, their lips still locked together. When the climax came a low groan escaped her lips, he followed seconds later.

He stayed in the same position supported by his elbows whilst his erection inside her withered.

Her eyes were still looking into his she could feel a tear running down her cheek.

"Bob," she whispered, "that wasn't just sex, was it?"

"No Pearl it was something more than just sex"

She smiled and kissed him holding it for several seconds. "I have to go now if you have finished with me."

"I'm not sure if I'll ever be finished with you Pearl," he murmured.

She stared at him, "Bob this is dangerous, we can't become involved; there are others to think about."

"I realise that, but you have a way of turning me on."

She chuckled, "you may not have noticed, but you turn me on too."

She climbed of the bed and began to dress; when she had finished she picked up her handbag. She paused at the bedroom door. "Give Terry my love," she paused again before continuing "you know you'll always have mine." And then she was gone.

He was sat on the bedroom veranda looking out to sea, trying to make some sense of his emotions. He knew that he loved Terry that could never change, put his feelings for Pearl. He loved her but not in the same way has Terry. It wasn't purely sex, although he knew her body had enflamed him, but her sweetness, and understanding when he had needed someone, her woman's intuition had recognised the pain he had felt, and she had responded in the only way that could help him.

He pushed his thoughts to back of his head when he heard Sam's pickup enter the drive.

.

Chapter 43

She came out of arrivals pushing the trolley with her suitcase on it, wearing her usual ponytail, jeans and cotton blouse, her coat thrown over the case.

She was looking around trying to find him, her face a mixture off alarm and apprehension. Then she saw him making his way towards her through the press off the new arrivals.

He reached her and for a moment just looked at each other, her green eyes were glassy with repressed tears 'hi' he murmured and then kissed her tenderly and then kissed her again.

"You really have missed me haven't you," she said breathlessly.

"More than you'll ever know," looking into her eyes.

"Oh, Bobby if only you knew how much I love you, it frightens me some times. The thought that I had lost you just about drove me insane." She pulled a newspaper from under her coat "Here you can read this at home they've printed the confession," she said handing him a newspaper.

"Come on then let's go home," he said.

Later that night when she emerged from the bathroom in PJ's and claimed into bed alongside him, she whispered.

"I'm sorry about this darling but I promise to make it up to you."

"You don't have to," he said kissing her gently.

She slotted into his lap in their usual sleeping position with his arm around her. He smelt her hair feeling the warmth of her body next to his realising that this is where he needed to be, with his woman.

The next few days they spent at home, swimming, taking and sunbathing. Robert had made the excuse that he wanted her all for himself for a while longer and that, in any case, Pearl would be getting ready for Jeremy's return from New York, which Terry seemed to except.

One morning as he was dressing Terry called from the bathroom.

"Bobby could you wash my back," she asked

He entered the bathroom; she was in the shower, he dropped his shorts and entered.

Her pale body was covered with soapsuds; she looked at him her eyes bright.

"Do you think his Nibbs has had enough holidays," she asked in a coy voice?

That day they never left the bedroom, apart from Robert dashing down stairs to make sandwiches; if Hanna did hear Terry's groans screams and gasps she blithely ignored them.

They were lazing by the pool when Terry asked how he had felt when he saw the papers.

"Next to the death of my parents it was the most hurtful experience of my life, I think I went a little crazy," he said.

"So you believed them," she murmured, "you didn't trust in my love for you."

"I didn't want to believe them, but you are so beautiful, I still don't know what you see in me, and May is very handsome," he stammered.

"Bobby I love you for your kindness; your inner strength, your sense of humour for a million things and I thank God every day that I have your love, and that will never ever change. May couldn't, hold a candle to you."

"I guess it was that everything seemed so perfect between us that such happiness could never last. But the thing it has taught me is I can't live without you."

"So long as you know I feel exactly the same as you, whether you like it or not you are stuck with me, till death do us do part," she looked at him a small smile on her face.

"Bobby you will always tell me the truth won't you?" She asked.

"Of course darling," he replied suddenly alarmed.

"That fight the Para's had with the Taliban where three A10s were involved, where were you?"

"Quite safe darling I was on the ground."

"So you're getting a DSO for being safe," she said.

"There must be some mistake," he stammered.

"According to the paper that you have, the three A10 pilots are being put up for the DFC and their Squadron Leader the DSO, and you are the only ones flying A10s."

She looked at him her eyes burning into his; he knew Terry was not stupid, and she was aware something was odd, so he told her, trying to gloss over it, but she kept probing until she had the whole story.

"Did you get this, then," touching the small scar on his cheek from the stone fragment?

He Nodded.

She lay back on the sun bed; tears began to run down her face and then she began to sob. He moved over to her trying to wipe the tears from her eyes, she pushed his hand away.

"You just don't understand do you," she said sobbing, "you're my life; without you I have no life."

He put his arms round her lifting her; her head was on his chest.

"Terry darling I have to fly the same way you have to sing," he murmured.

"Bobby," she said between sobs, "I can just about live with you flying but not you doing a crazy stunt like that."

"It was a one off, but it will save countless lives in the long run, and besides I had the three hooligans watching out for me."

"Promises, never again," she whispered

"I promise," he said softly.

"Bobby," she whispered, "I want to have our baby; I want to have something of yours that I can hold on to in case you don't come back."

He looked at her seeing the anguish in her face knowing he had put that there.

"Terry," he said after thinking, "I'll resign my commission after this next tour, and we'll have our baby together."

"But you love flying, I can't ask you to give it up."

"But I love you more, and my being over there is hurting you and I promised never to do that."

Her face broke out into a sad smile, "you'd really do that for me, but wouldn't you hate me for making you give up flying."

"No," he murmured, "I hate not being with you, I hate the worry I caused you and most of all I hate making you cry."

She gave him a long lingering kiss, "Oh, Bobby I do love you so much, I know I'm a selfish bitch but I can't help it, but if you give up, then I'll give up singing."

"You can't do that; thousands of people love your singing; you give them happiness in an unhappy world."

Terry looked at him, seeing the pain in his face, thinking for several minutes. Beginning to realise, before replying.

"Bobby, when you are over there, what you do, what all of you do, is to is to try and save the lives of others. So no wife, sweetheart or mother has to suffer the agony of losing a loved one. You do more than I; you give them hope that they'll return safely. I can't ask you to turn your back on that; I realise that now, how I feel when you are over there is not unique. They must all feel the same; it's just I've never really looked at the big picture. We'll have our baby when I'm sure he has a father to watch him grow."

"You seem sure it will be a he," he said smiling.

"Oh yes, as Sue said, you fire big bullets," she whispered.

The next day Jeremy Pearl and Tommy turned up, while the men played football with Tommy; Pearl settled down alongside Terry on the sun beds.

"Did you see Bobby when he arrived back?" Terry asked.

"He'd been on the island for three days before I knew he was here," Pearl replied softly.

"What sort of state was he in?"

"Terry if he'd been an animal I'd have had him put down, he'd been drinking heavily and was in a hell of a mess, both mentally and physically."

"Oh God," Terry muttered, "so how did you snap him out of it."

"Well I managed to get him to sober up first and clean himself up, and then we talked; it took a lot of talking before he saw sense and agree to contact you."

"I thought he never wanted to hear or see me again when I'd not heard from him. Thanks Pearl, you are a true friend."

"Not at all Terry I'm sure you would have done the same thing for me."

"Never the less you were there for him...for us, when it countered," Terry replied.

That night the four of them went to Bessie's. At one point of the evening, he was dancing with Pearl while Jeremy was dancing with Terry.

"So how are thing between you two now," asked Pearl

"We're back on track," he replied.

"Oh, that's good," she said moving closer to him her hips undulating to the rhythm..

He could feel his response building; he looked in to her deep brown eyes she had an impish smile on her face.

"It's nice to see you haven't forgotten then," she murmured as she moved back.

"I'll never forget Pearl," he whispered back.

"What would you say to us inviting the hooligans over?" Terry asked the next day, "the girls were so supportive and so were the boys for you."

"That's a great idea darling I should have thought of it," he said.

A big smile lit up her face, "I'm so glad you think so," she paused, "they arrive tomorrow."

He looked confused, "Tomorrow how did you arrange that so fast."

"I got in touch three days ago, and to quote Jeremy told them to get their arses over here."

"Why you devious little witch," he said reaching out for her, she skipped away running down the garden with him in hot pursuit. He caught her on the beach with a rugby tackle.

"Not here," she murmured, conscious of his arousal, "the sand gets everywhere."

"It won't get where I'm going," he said pulling down her shorts.

They picked them up the following afternoon with the two cars. He prepared the drinks while they dashed upstairs to change. Soon the girls were in a huddle showing off their engagement rings, while the boys were at the bar.

RobinLane
RobinLane
337 Followers