The Boys in Blue Ch. 20

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
RobinLane
RobinLane
337 Followers

Tim and Dave are promoted to Squadron Leaders for the two new squadrons. They will be based at RAF Mainton on Salisbury Plain; I'm afraid you will still have me a Station Commander. Let me be the first to congratulate you," he said shaking the hands of the surprised pilots.

"Now you have a month's leave due to you starting tomorrow after your investiture for your medals, Air vice Marshall Sir John Bradbury will be conducting the ceremony.

Oh, there's one other small detail; it seems that four young ladies are waiting to see you at a motel; I was asked to pass that message on; that's if you are interested." A large smile appearing on his face, nearly as large as the smiles on the four pilots.

He opened the door to number 15 quietly; she was sitting by the dressing table brushing her hair. He crossed over to her; she saw his reflection in the mirror and began to turn.

"No stay where you are," he asked quietly.

Her face showed alarm, "what's the matter?" She asked.

"I have some news, but I'm not sure how you will take it," he murmured.

"Oh god, they can't be sending you out there again already," she whispered.

"No, I have a new job at a new station," he replied sitting down on the end of the bed watching her reflection in the mirror.

He could see the tears forming in her eyes, "So what are they expecting you to do now?" Bitterness creeping into her voice.

"They want me to form two new squadrons at RAF Mainton; it's about twenty miles from Aventon." He replied.

"Well that's nice, but does that mean you have to go out more often with two squadrons?"

"No, it means I won't go out ever again, I'll be based here at home."

He watched her face as she digested his news. She was frowning trying to make sense of what he had said.

"Bobby this isn't a joke or something, it would be too cruel if it were."

"No darling, no joke, you are going to have to get used to me being under your feet all the time."

The tears started to fall, her face breaking out into a wide smile the dimples forming. She turned from the mirror and threw herself into his arms.

"Oh, thank god Bobby, I finally have you safe at home," she whispered her soft lips enfolding his, as the headboard next door began to bang against the wall.

The next day Terry along with Sue, July and Carol stood on the dispersal area along with the entire squadron. She along with the other wives, mothers and girlfriends, craned their heads as a flight of four A10s flew across the airfield and then watched has the Air vice Marshall presented Bobby, Tim, Bill and Tom with their medals. She gazed at the men lined up in ranks watching the ceremony; standing to attention, their eyes fixed on the four men. Terry knew that, without their support and expertise, pride in their Squadron etched into their faces, that this ceremony would not be taking place. Bobby and his hooligans had put that there for them. Her Bobby, the boy in blue she thought, just an ordinary man doing an extraordinary job.

The End

RobinLane
RobinLane
337 Followers
12