The Bracelet Ch. 12

Story Info
Alison enjoys Rob's birthday party.
25.5k words
4.16
15.9k
4

Part 12 of the 12 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 04/28/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This chapter concludes (at least for now) this story line. I published the other chapters several weeks ago, and they describe many of the back story references in this chapter involving the relationships of the characters. For those of you who are interested, click on my name at the bottom of the story to access my previous posts.

I enjoy writing about sexual self-discovery, and unconventional relationships. These are all fantasies, thought I tried hard to make them believable. I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I do writing them. I welcome your thoughts and suggestions on how to make my writing better. Thanks for reading my work.

*****

When Alison woke up and went to the bedroom window Saturday morning, she saw a number of people already working, moving into and out of the tent spread out over the stone patio in Rob's backyard, preparing for the birthday party for Rob later that day. Rob was still sleeping and snoring softly, so she gave him a quick kiss on the forehead and headed downstairs to get some coffee.

Maria was busy in the kitchen, and looked up with a smile as Alison went to the coffee pot and poured herself a cup.

"Good morning, Maria." she said to the plump and petite Mexican woman who had been Rob's housekeeper and cook for the past five years. "It looks like the party preparations are underway."

Maria replied, "Si, they were here before I arrived a half hour ago. Would you like me to make you some breakfast?"

"No, thank you. I am sure I will be eating way too much later today, so I want to eat light this morning. I am just going to have some of that wonderful mango fruit salad that you made us yesterday."

Maria smiled with pride and immediately set about getting the fruit out of the refrigerator and filling a bowl for Alison. Alison sighed, feeling self conscious about letting Maria wait on her.

"When are Miguel and your kids coming over today?" she asked.

"I am going home in a few minutes to get them ready. I just want to fold up the extra towels for the pool that I washed, and put them back in the storage bins."

"Why don't you let me do that for you?" Alison offered.

Maria hesitated, and finally replied, "I cannot ask you to do my job, Senorita."

Alison expected that response. "I know that you have worked for Rob for a long time, and I appreciate all that you do for him, and for me now that I have moved in. Rob and I both have very demanding jobs, and I am grateful to have you here to take care of the house for us. I would not be able to manage that without your help.

I also consider you a friend, and hope you will come to feel that way about me, too..."

Maria nodded and smiled.

"So please let me do some small things for you once in a while as long as I am here, okay?"

Rob descended the stairs and caught the end of the conversation as he entered the kitchen. Maria replied, "Okay, I leave the towels for you, then," and promptly turned to Rob and asked, "What would you like for breakfast, Senor Rob?"

Alison laughed, and wrapped Maria in a hug.

"I will take care of Rob, too. Now you scoot home and bring your family back so that we can all have some fun this afternoon." she directed.

Maria reluctantly took off her apron and hung it in the pantry. Then she collected her purse and departed.

Rob smiled at Alison and asked, "What did you mean when you told Maria, 'let me help you as long as I am here'? Do you have plans to leave soon?"

Alison wrapped him in a hug, "I meant it more in the context of 'since I am here anyway'. But for your information, no, I don't plan to ever leave here." With that, she squeezed Rob as hard as she could.

Rob was a compulsive weight lifter, and his chest and arms were heavily muscled. Alison was strong for her size, but he was in no real danger from her fierce affection. Still, he enjoyed the game, and pretended to gasp in pain, "Please, don't squeeze me to death on my birthday!"

The back door to the patio opened, and a woman in checked pants and a white chef's blouse came in with her arms full of commercial food storage containers.

Alison realized this was probably Kim's best friend and the caterer for the party. She remembered that the girl's first name was Wendy.

Rob and Alison both stepped towards Wendy to help her with the containers. Rob got there first, and took them from her. Alison and Wendy both stuck their hands out and said "Hi" at the same time, then laughed awkwardly.

Rob set the containers down on the counter and jumped in, "Alison, this is my good friend Wendy Brooks. Wendy, this is my girlfriend, Alison Randall."

"It's nice to meet you," Alison murmured, as she shook the newcomer's hand. Her first impression was that Wendy resembled the singer, Pink. She had the same short, spiky blond hair, and killer smile that the pop star was famous for. The second thing Alison noticed was her beautiful green eyes.

Wendy discretely surveyed Rob's new girlfriend for the first time, and compared what she saw to the mental notes from her discussion with her best friend, Kim. Wendy turned to Rob and said, "Kim warned me that your girlfriend was a knockout. I guess it's safe to say she knows what she is talking about."

Alison blushed at the compliment, and Rob just smiled proudly.

Wendy turned to Alison and said, "It's very nice to meet you. Kim has been telling me all about you, so I feel like we are old friends already."

Alison wondered just how much detail Kim had shared with her best friend. Did Wendy know that Kim had been Alison's first lesbian experience, just two days ago? She decided that it really didn't matter, and she amazed herself yet again at how fast her old feelings about sex and friendship had been changing recently.

"I am really looking forward to meeting all of Rob's friends today. I hope we have time to talk at some point and get to know each other." Alison responded.

"Me too," said Wendy. "These are ingredients for pizza. I remembered that Rob has a brick pizza oven built into the outdoor kitchen, and I thought the kids would probably enjoy that more than the tapas menu we are having for the grown ups, so I thought I would whip up some dough this morning and have it ready, just in case."

"I don't have any wood for the oven," Rob said.

"I called Kim and she is arranging for Miguel to bring some when he comes." Wendy replied.

"I love brick oven pizza," Alison moaned. "Would it be okay if I work on it with you so that I learn how to make it myself? Then I can make it for Rob sometime."

Wendy smiled, "Sure, pizza dough is dead simple. Just four ingredients: yeast, water, flour and salt. I'll show you how easy it is to make ahead and freeze or refrigerate."

The girls got busy with their project and Rob poured a cup of coffee and prepared to stroll outside to see how preparations were going out there. As he reached for the door, Alison called to him, "Hey Rob, would you mind folding those beach towels in the basket next to the door and putting them away, please?"

Rob grunted, "Sure." and picked up the basket with his free hand. Once outside, he could see that the pool service was there doing a final skimming and treatment before his guests arrived. Wendy's servers, three young people from the local culinary college who moonlighted on weekends for Wendy, were setting up chafing dishes on serving tables under the tent, and the equipment rental company was setting up chairs and putting linens on the tables.

He was impressed with Kim's efforts, and reminded himself to thank her when she arrived. He went to the outdoor furniture grouping and opened the oversize ottoman/storage bench. After looking at the house to make sure Alison was not watching, he dumped the unfolded towels in the compartment and closed the lid. What sense did it make to fold towels that people were just going to pull out and unfold immediately when they needed one, he rationalized?

As he was looking at the pool, he was tackled from behind by Kim and Rick's kids, who shouted "Happy birthday Uncle Rob!," as they attempted to climb him like a jungle gym. Rob laughed and grabbed each of them in a one armed hug so that he could kiss them hello.

Rick and Kim were walking across the patio towards them, smiling at their children's antics. Rob lifted his hand to wave hello, and their son, Ricky wrapped his hands around Rob's bicep and did a chin up.

Rob shook Rick's hand and Kim gave him a kiss, as the kids wandered off to inspect the pool.

"Happy birthday," Kim said, "what do you think of everything so far?"

"If this party doesn't turn out to be the best one I have ever had, it won't be from lack of preparation. Thank you for doing this for me."

"Sure thing, Hon. I had a blast. You know how I like to organize these celebrations."

Rick excused himself to go back to the car and unload all the gear and supplies that Kim brought along with them. Kim put her arm around Rob's waist and asked, "how are you and Alison doing?"

Rob smiled, "We are great. She really seems to have settled in here and gotten comfortable. I am glad, because I think she is the one, Kim."

"That's great, Rob! I am so happy for you, and you know I think the world of Alison already too. It's great for Rick and I to be able to do things with both of you as a couple. Not that there was anything wrong when we were together as a threesome before, but it does change the dynamic now that there is a balance in the relationship."

"Yeah, I am thinking I should have been looking harder to find someone before."

Kim was silent, but pleased that Rob had reached the same conclusion on his own that she had made years earlier.

Then Rob said, "How long do you think I should wait to ask her to marry me?"

Kim's mouth dropped open, and she struggled with how to respond. She looked back at the house to make sure no one was approaching, and maneuvered Rob into one of the chairs on the patio so she could sit next to him and face him.

"Hon, I am going to be honest with you, since you asked me for advice. I think you are going too fast with this. I am glad that moving Alison into your house has worked out so well, but I am worried that you will spook her if you keep pushing things at this pace."

Rob looked confused, "How do I know how long to wait, then?"

Kim struggled with how to frame an answer to the question, and came up with an idea. "What do you have to do when you put up a building?" she asked Rob.

Rob looked even more lost. "What do you mean?"

"Well, a marriage is a structure, not unlike a house or office building. Once you find a good site, do you just start hauling in lumber and steel and putting it up?"

Understanding dawned on Rob's face. He smiled, "No, of course not. You need a survey and plans, then you need to prep the site and put in a foundation."

"Right," Kim said excitedly, "A long term relationship is like a building. The survey is where you and Alison talk about your future and share your goals and dreams. Once you find out that they match, you can make plans for something more significant than your honeymoon.

Then you spend time together and get to know one another. You are not ready to get married until you know at least three things that drive you crazy about her, but that you are willing to put up with anyway to be with her. That's the site prep.

Finally, you create a foundation of shared interests, activities and friends that will help you stay together when times get bad."

Rob chuckled, "thank you for putting it in terms that I can relate to, Kim."

"Sure thing, Hon. I love you and want you to do this right." she replied.

"How do I make sure she stays interested during all of this?" Rob asked.

"You don't need to do much, if she is as interested in you as I think she is. Just listen to her and find ways to do little things for her."

Rob was quiet for a minute, then he jumped up and opened the storage bench and began folding the towels in it as Kim looked on in confusion. Before Kim could ask him what he was up to, Alison walked up and put her arms around Rob, kissing him on the cheek.

"Thank you for taking care of those for me," she said.

Kim grinned at Rob, who was smiling back at her sheepishly. Kim and Alison greeted each other with a hug and kiss, and Alison told her about her project with Wendy, making pizza dough for later in the day.

For the next two hours there was a blur of activity as everyone got things ready for the party, then the girls all excused themselves to go upstairs and change into their party outfits.

Rob and Rick were having a last cup of coffee on the patio when Miguel and Maria arrived with their kids. Miguel had two bundles of seasoned firewood in his hands, and his son was carrying two more bundles. Rob jumped up to greet them and help them stow the firewood near the outdoor oven.

Upstairs in the master bedroom, Kim and Wendy were changing as Alison took a shower. Kim was putting on a short skirt with an off-the-shoulder peasant blouse. She had on high heeled sandals and a silver and turquoise necklace with matching bracelets. Wendy had on a clingy, long dress that showed off her curves and cleavage.

"Alison seems very nice." Wendy offered.

Kim said, "I told you that you would like her. We have been having fun together and hanging out a lot since Rob has gotten serious with her."

"I wish I didn't have to work so many weekends," Wendy said wistfully. "I miss hanging out with you guys."

"Well you are not working this weekend, you have those college kids to take care of things. We are going to par-tay!" Kim said, striking a dance pose as Alison entered the room with towels around her hair and torso.

Alison looked at the two women, dressed to the nines and looking so sophisticated, "I am not sure about what I was planning to wear, now that I see how dressed up you two are."

"What do you have picked out?" Kim asked.

Alison went to the closet and brought back a pair of navy linen shorts and a white halter top. She held the hangers in front of her and looked at Kim and Wendy hopefully.

Kim said, "I think those will look fantastic on your hot little body, Ali. Put them on for us."

Alison put down the hangers and peeled off the towels. As she looked for panties in the dresser, Wendy caught Kim's eye and mouthed 'wow" silently in appreciation of Alison's lean, athletic body.

Kim admired Alison's flawless legs as she slid on the high waisted shorts over a pair of lacy panties. The halter top had a built in bra, and went on next. Alison turned nervously towards the other two and held her arms out to the side. "Too informal?"

Wendy whistled, and said to Kim, "You are right. She really does resemble Taylor Swift. Especially in that outfit."

Wendy turned to Alison and said, "I think that outfit is perfect for you. You are so attractive you should wear simple, classic clothes that don't draw attention away from your beauty."

Kim added, "I agree with Wendy. You look like a million bucks in that outfit."

Alison blushed and busied herself looking for the right shoes to wear. When she found the pair she wanted, she slipped them on and the trio of girls descended to the first floor, where the initial guests were starting to arrive.

For the next hour, Alison and Rob greeted the guests as they appeared, and Wendy and Kim oversaw the process of setting up the buffet. Rick kept an eye on the pool, which filled up with kids and a few adults who took advantage of the opportunity to escape the building heat of the afternoon.

The bartenders did a brisk business in beer and wine, as most of the guests eschewed hard liquor so early in the day. Kim talked Alison into trying a white wine spritzer, and Alison found she enjoyed the refreshing beverage.

She was standing with Rob when an older man named Max arrived, escorting a very elegant woman with platinum hair and wearing a diamond tennis bracelet. Rob introduced the man as Max Stefano, and she learned that his date's name was Camila, and she was originally from Madrid.

As they were chatting with the couple, Kim joined the group and shook Max's hand, saying, "Mr. Stefano, how wonderful to see you again."

Max's face lit up, and he leaned over to kiss the back of Kim's hand. Alison thought he was the essence of sophistication. Rob then introduced Kim to Camila and explained that Kim was acquainted with Max because she had joined he and Max for a business dinner the previous month.

Mention of the dinner date triggered recognition in Alison. Kim had told her about the wild night she spent with Rob and one of his business associates, and this was the man!

She noticed that both Max and Kim were watching her closely. She realized that Max was probably curious about the new woman in Rob's life, since he wouldn't know how much she knew about Rob's relationship with Kim. She put on her most confident smile and stepped closer to Rob to put her arm around his waist. Rob kissed the side of her head and asked Max how long he was staying in the area.

After several minutes of small talk, Kim led Max and Camila to the bar to get a drink. Alison turned to Rob and whispered, "That's the guy who was with you and Kim isn't it?"

Rob blinked, realizing that Kim must have told Alison about that night, and said, "Yes. He is probably very confused right now, because I haven't had time to tell him that since then that I fell madly in love with a girl I met at the gym ."

Alison laughed and said, "You better say that, mister, and set him straight at your first opportunity." Though she feigned indignation, she was secretly pleased that Rob was eager to introduce her as his girlfriend, and had stayed close to her all afternoon.

Rob leaned over and whispered, "you are driving me crazy with that outfit. I love the way it shows off your sexy body"

Alison hugged him in thanks for his compliment. She said, "Are you sure I am not dressed too casually? All of your friends are so elegant. Did you see the tennis bracelet on Camila's wrist?"

Rob immediately asked, "Do you want a tennis bracelet?"

"No!" Alison replied, remembering how dangerous it was to say things like that around Rob, who had an alarming willingness to open his wallet every time she admired something. "I just feel very ordinary compared to your sophisticated, international friends."

Rob had an inspiration. He met Alison's gaze and said, "I have something for you that I want to give you now, rather than after the party. Would you excuse me for a minute?"

While he was gone, Alison wandered over to Rick and Kim, who were talking with an older couple near the pool. Kim introduced her to them and she found out they were Rick's parents. They were negotiating with Kim to take the grandkids to a water park the next day.

"Did Ricky and Mandy put you up to this?" Kim asked.

Rick's father replied, "They might have mentioned something about how hot it was and not having a pool in the back yard like Uncle Rob."

Rob returned and joined the group. He had a mysterious box in his hand and he presented it to Alison. Everyone watched as she removed a flat, six inch square jewelry box from inside the carton. Alison's hands shook as she realized it was a necklace box.

Rob and Kim shared a knowing look as Alison slowly opened the elegant velvet box. Rick's mother gasped as she saw what was inside. Alison's looked at the gold necklace with an enormous marquise cut diamond pendant and her eyes welled up with tears.

"Oh Rob, it's too much!" she whispered.

"Please wear it for me today." he implored. "If you don't like it we can return it later and get you something else."

"No, it's beautiful. I just mean that I don't think I should accept something so extravagant from you. This is something you give to someone you have been married to for 25 years, not a new girlfriend."