The Cafe'

Story Info
Black lace garters spark a fire of romance and darker event.
6.9k words
4.59
18.8k
7
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
desertkat
desertkat
119 Followers

It was a warm summer afternoon and she was sitting in a sidewalk café, a file folder open on the table, its contents weighted down with the silverware. She was intently reading a paper. Just as he walked by she crossed her legs and her skirt fell open at the side slit to expose the lacy top of her stocking and the clip of black garters. His stride slowed, as he neared her table she leaned forward and reached for another sheet of paper. The edge of her blouse opened just enough for him to get a glimpse of black lace bra. That meeting he was rushing to could wait. Impulsively he entered the café. Quietly, with a little hesitation, not sure what to do now that he was here, he approached her table.

She was just finishing with the file she was working on and was about to call the office to set up her meetings for tomorrow when a long shadow crossed her table. She looked up to see who had stopped by but the sun was in her eyes and he was only a dark silhouette. He was tall and in a suit.

"May I offer you a glass of wine?" he asked.

She tried to look up again but the sun made her eyes water turning them to liquid pools of emerald green.

"Are you all right?" Said the shadow and shifted a little blocking out the sun.

"Yes, fine. The sun is just so bright this time of day." She could see his face, a nice face with an intriguing smile that drew one from her in return. A little thrill rushed through her as he held her in the intensity of his gaze. She could almost feel the warmth of his fingers as they trailed from the tip of her earlobe down the side of her neck to slip under the silk edge of her blouse and brush against the lace of her bra. She realized she had leaned toward this stranger and had given him a peek.

She straightened covering the view. With a deep breath she pushed away the imagined sensation. As she looked into his eyes again, he smiled. "We could do coffee if you prefer."

Never having been a good judge of character when it came to men she found attractive she thought "I should say no thank you and run like the hounds of hell are after me." Yet..... there was something compelling about his boldness, charming about the slight nervous tremble in his hand as he reached to pull out the chair across from her.

What undaunting courage it must take to approach a total stranger and risk rejection, a wound. A small wound but one that smarts none the less. "I don't sense any danger here." her instinct told her as she snapped the cell phone shut and lean over to drop it in the purse by her feet allowing her hair to cover the sudden flush to her face.

"Wine would be nice, something light, cool." she had just broken every rule in her book, ignored every lesson she had ever learned the hard way.

He turned to the passing waiter and asked for 2 chilled glasses of white zinfrindel. The chair scraped against the stone of the patio as he pulled it out to take a seat.

"Too busy to get this work done in the office?" He asked as he settled himself in the chair.

She smiled "This is the only quiet place I could find on such short notice and I have to get it in by 5."

"And then?" he asked.

"Then," she hesitated trying to decide what to do. "Then I am free for the evening."

"That's what I was hoping you would say. Would you have dinner with me then?"

"That would be lovely." She could have bitten the end of her tongue off. The words were out of her mouth before she could stop them.

He sat resting an arm on the table and casually reached across to touch the ring finger on her empty left hand. The tingle where his warm fingers brushed the back of hers quickly changed to heat lightning, an intensely hot flush poured over her. A shadow crossed her face like a flicker of fear remembered.

"I'm Joe." He said, and wondered at the change of expression. Maybe it was just the sun, a shadow of a bird flying over.

"Jess," was all she could manage around the heavy beat of her heart in the tiny hollow at the base of her throat. She looked down at her hand, at his finger lightly stoking hers. Her hand was covered in blood it was getting on the napkin, the end of his finger was smearing it around on the back of her hand. She blinked and it was gone, drew her hand away because she should, not because she wanted to. His touch was different than the other, safer somehow, cleaner.

As he toyed with a napkin she found herself studying the width of his shoulders, the way the collar of his shirt rested comfortably against his throat, the dark hair that brushed the edge as he turned his head. She wanted to push the collar aside rub her cheek against the curve of his neck, run her hands the breadth of his shoulders following the line of his shirt under the suite jacket.

He looked away from the waiter and caught her staring. She felt the heat rise in her face as she blushed knowing the naked lust was clear to see and hoping he did, ... didn't. "Jessi, what is the matter with you?" she thought. "I must do something to get a grip. I'll.... Call the office and make that appointment on the way to the bathroom to splash water on my face so I can cool off."

Reaching for her cell phone she smiled " Would you excuse me a moment? I have to confirm an appointment in the morning. I'll be right back."

"I'll be right here awaiting your return." He rose every so slightly as she stood. She was pleased, a gentleman. Not many of those left anymore. At lease not under the age of seventy!

She felt his gaze, almost as a physical touch, travel down the length of her body as she stood up. Taking her cell phone she walked toward the door. A breeze stirred his hair and she caught the light scent of his aftershave and him. Passing him she couldn't stop reaching out and brushing the edge of his collar to feel the tickle of his hair on her finger tips. A brazen move, to familiar a thing to do to a stranger.

Leaning on the sink edge in the ladies room she took deep breaths counting slowly to ten, willing her heart rate to return to normal. Why, oh why hadn't she picked up her purse then she could have just vanished and she could go on being safe. With the call made and some small grip on the slippery edge of her self control she realized returning to that table and whatever else was in store was the only thing she wanted to do.

Walking back toward the table she noticed the wine had arrived. Watching, hypnotized as his lips touched the edge of the glass she imagined running her tongue there and the taste him. She exhaled not realizing she had been holding her breath and put a surer step into her stride. "Well, all set for tomorrow at 10:00." she smiled taking her seat and a sip of the cool wine, but it wasn't the wine she tasted and she caught herself watching his mouth as he talked.

The smile she flashed made her green eyes sparkle. He could feel the electricity. " To new friends." he said as he raised his glass to her.

"And sunny afternoons." She clinked the edge of her glass to his and wondered if as she sipped it she would taste his essence.

They talked easily, laughed a lot and discovered they shared similiar interests in music, art, politics and general philosophy. After a couple of hours and a couple glasses of wine she excused herself again. While she was gone he called for a dinner reservation at his favorite restaurant.

As she returned he watched her walk toward him, her legs were long and finely sculpted. He wondered if they would be as soft in his hands as they appeared. He felt a tugging in his groin and pushed the visions of him caressing her naked legs leaving trails of little kisses in their path aside. She moved with the grace of a cat and he wanted to make her purr. No. No, none of that, no rushing. He sensed she would bolt given the slightest provocation.

Deep breath, let it out slowly. He felt like he had just stepped into a different reality without a clue what to do next. "This is ridiculous, I've dated lots of women, must be the sun and the wine." he thought continuing to watch her.

As she sat she crossed her legs and her upper thigh flashed into view for a brief moment. He could see the shape of her calf. The slight tug in his groin increased and he felt himself start to harden. He felt his heart rate pick up the pace and he wanted to skip all the song and dance and take her back to his place and make endless love to her forever,... instead he told her of the dinner arrangements.

"That's one of my favorite places to eat." She said collecting her briefcase and purse. "I better get this back to the office. I'd also like to stop at home and change if you wouldn't mind giving me an extra half hour."

"Sure, I've some errands to run myself," he lied.

As they walked out of the bar she looped her arm through his and steadied herself by leaning against him. "Sorry, I guess the wine was a little stronger than I thought." She laughed a little. He liked the sound of her and the smell of the faint whisper of her perfume...or was it just her? Either way he liked it.

He could feel the warmth of her breast pressed against his arm and he could feel his own excitement growing. Good thing he was wearing a suit jacket. He was amazed that in such a short time he was so attracted to her, overwhelmed by her. She was branded in his brain, from now until his death the scent of that perfume and the taste of the wine would conjure her image just as she was this afternoon in the sun, the light breeze stirring errant blond curls. She was bright, smart, well read, with varied interests. She was enchanting.

He sat in his car for long moments in utter amazement at the intensity of feeling she had evoked in the two short hours they had been together. He would be careful, keep his distance, have a good time maybe get lucky and then forget her. That was his resolution but could he keep it? He started his car and decided he would stop by his place and shower and change. The sun was going down, it was a sunset full of the hot colors of lava, it promised to be an interesting evening.

Dinner? She shook her head as she stared at herself in the bathroom mirror. She glanced at her watch, 40 minutes to finish changing and get to the restaurant. She still couldn't believe she had agreed to have dinner with someone bold enough to just walk up to her table and introduce himself. She picked up her jacket and breathed in the scent of him left there when he had taken her arm to escort her to her car. Nice smell, spicey, leathery, and sunshine and.... his own scent.

She fluffed her hair one last time and slipped a sheer embroidered shirt over the silk tank top. She noticed her nipples were just visible but not prominent. The dress slacks were there as a suggested barrier, she wanted to be sexy but didn't want to hang a for sale sign around her neck. Jess, just what do you think you're doing? What if he's a serial killer and you end up as the next episode of CSI. She looked back at herself in the mirror and shook her finger and said out loud "You watch way too much TV." But visions of the last time skittered across her mind, there had been so much blood.

She took a deep breath and dabbed perfume behind each ear.

He was waiting for her in the lobby of the restaurant. He watched her approach. The way she moved was glass and he wondered if she would dance with the same light grace. He could see the outline of her body as she moved, there was just a hint of her nipples poking through the silk top she was wearing...very sexy.

He had changed into well fitting jeans and a white dress shirt open at the collar. For some reason white dress shirts on dark haired men was an irresistible combination to her. It conjured sensuous images of soft light and strong hands and searing kisses. She smiled and greeted him and he led her to their table.

They ordered drinks and made small talk while they waited. During dinner they talked like old friends. She laughed at all of his jokes and he couldn't seem to get that silly grin off his face or the stiffness out of his pants.

Dinner was...... good? She didn't remember eating it, she had been concentrating on the conversation and on keeping her very active imagination under control. Tonight it was like an unruly child, wondering down dark alleys with bad endings, lighting candles in silken bedrooms, or imagining the taste of brandy on his tongue or a thousand other unknown avenues.

He had a wonderful smile that never seemed to leave his face, it made his eyes flicker like crystal in fire light. She liked the way he studied her even if it made her feel self-conscious. She wondered if his eyes would darken and turn stormy when he made love....

It was just then she realized he had asked her a question and for the life of her she didn't know what it was. "I'm sorry, I... ah ... was not here just now." She blushed.

"I was wondering if you would like to go dancing. I know a place that plays music you can actually dance to, you know, the old stuff. I haven't quite figured out this new music."

"That would be lovely. I haven't been dancing in a very long time."

"Well I must be charming she's bored with me already." He thought when she didn't answer his question. He finished the last swallow of coffee and called for the check.

He took her arm as they left the restaurant and walked slowly to his car enjoying the feel of her breast against his arm. He wanted to kiss her but didn't dare...

As she walked with him toward their cars she smiled to herself, he was nice and he made her laugh. He was easy to talk to and she liked the warmth of his hand on her arm and wondered how it would feel to be held in those arms.

They stopped at what she assumed was his car he unlocked the door and turned to her. He stood looking at her, at her mouth. She could see his heart beating at the base of his throat, she watched him swallow and wondered if he was going to kiss her. She waited ... he leaned forward... and opened the car door. She blinked and stepped back.

"I have my car, remember?" She turned and pointed. "It's the little tan pickup over there. I'll follow you, it'll be easier than trying to retrieve it later."

"OK." He looked crestfallen and closed the door, following her to her truck. "Did he just think I rejected him", she wondered as she unlocked her truck door.

Smiling at him she stretched up and kissed him lightly on the cheek "See you in a couple of minutes." She said as she stepped into her truck and closed the door. He smiled back and headed toward his own car. She watched him walk away in her rearview mirror. "Nice ass." She said to her reflection putting the truck in reverse.

He could still feel the softness of her kiss on his cheek as he got into the car and her warm scent lingered in his nostrils. He couldn't think straight as he drove to the dance club. He smiled and touched his cheek, she was interested. Maybe she was just distracted at dinner by something at work. He wanted so much to just hold her in his arms and feel the form of her body as she lay against him, dancing would have to suffice.

Did he really want to do this? This was some deep water here, with strong currents that he wasn't at all sure he could swim in. He parked the car and watched her arrive right behind him. He would tell her he had a call from work, that a client had come into town unexpectedly and that he would have to take a rain-check on the dancing thing.

The smile on her face as she exited her truck made his hand turn off the car. She waited by her truck for him and he fully intended to give her the client story and bolt. He reached out to put his arm around her instead and somewhere along the walk to the entrance he forgot the story. She cuddled into his arm and fit there.

He drew her close as though they had done this a thousand times. She noticed she just fit under his arm and against his side. It was comfortable there, secure, protected, like slipping into your favorite cozy sweater on a cold winter day. She put her arm around his waist and hooked her thumb through the belt loop on the other side falling into step with him. Thoughts churned through her mind, thoughts about how his skin would feel with out the jeans and belt and shirt. She glanced up at him as they neared the door. He had a nice profile with a splay of tinny sunshine lines at the corners of his eyes. That was how she thought of them, sunshine lines, not crows feet. They were more like rays of the sun at the corners of the eyes brought on when a person smiled, happy lines. He must laugh a lot and enjoy most things.

They entered the bar, found a table, ordered drinks, and listened to the music. The fact that she had only just met him that afternoon was fading farther and farther into the back ground. Maybe there really was something to this former life stuff. Maybe they had known each other before. She studied his face as he watched the band. He turned and held her gaze and smiled. A tingle jumped in the pit of her stomach, a jolt that two electric wires must feel when they are suddenly connected.

A new song had started "Shall we dance." He asked getting up from his chair. "I'd like that." She replied taking his hand and followed him as he wove his way to the dance floor. He turned and she stepped into his arms as he pulled her close. The feel of the length of him against her took her breath away. The scent of him filled her head with smoke and the easy movement of him against her body kindled the flame. After the first few awkward steps she settled against him easily following, hypnotized by the magical energy they created.

The song ended and they stopped dancing but he continued to hold her close, he liked the feel of her heart beating against his chest, inches from his own. She didn't want to lift her cheek for the warm place on his shoulder, she listened to the heavy rhythm of his heart beating just beneath her ear. He slid his hand up the soft curve of her back and filled his hand with the silken gold of her hair and lowered his head to breath in its scent. "mmmm, you smell," He breathed in again, " like a meadow in spring, like open wilderness, like home."

She slid her hand down his back as she stepped away from him feeling every muscle move in his shoulders and back under the crisp cotton of his shirt. He placed a hand on the small of her back as he walked her to their table. He was enjoying the sway of her hips as she walked. The feeling translated from the palm of his hand to his brain with images of how it would feel to rest his hand there as she moved above him. He could still feel the curves of her body rubbing against him as they danced, these remembered sensations enter the vision as well and he suddenly realized that he had a full hard on and hoped it was dark enough in the club to disguise it since there was no suit jacket to hide it this time.

She reached for her drink just as he pulled out his chair and sat down, there was no missing the outline of his erection in his jeans. "That must be uncomfortable." The thought brought a small smile to her lips.

"Penny for your thoughts." He said leaning forward taking her hand, "You had that distant look on your face again."

"Did I? I'm sorry, I think I'm fading. It's been a long day and I ," she could feel a yawn coming. Oh, not now! No I will not yawn. That would be sooo rude. " I've had a long week, contract negotiations and reports and I guess I'm not 20 anymore." She took a deep breath to stave off the yawn.

"I'm glad your not 20, I can't dance to rap." He smiled a mischievous grin and took a sip of his drink.

She lost the battle with the yawn and covered her mouth with her hand. "I'm so sorry, I don't know where that came from."

"You are tired, I should take you home. You probably have another long day planed for work tomorrow." Well that was that, and a polite way of saying I'm done with you at that. He put away the images of her in his arms and reached for her jacket. As they went out into the parking lot he placed the jacket on her shoulders and noticed the chill night air had hardened her nipples. He wondered if they would react that way when he ran his tongue over them. Stop. Right there. That is not going to happen in this life time. The memory of her dainty hand over her mouth as she covered the yawn replayed in his mind. He would see her to her car and call it good. No point in pushing for a verbal "get lost I'm not interested".

desertkat
desertkat
119 Followers
12