The Capture

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I thought as much. I have no intention of fleeing from you. I said yes. What more do you require? A blood oath!?!?" Her eyes flashed.

"Just honesty."

"And I am being honest. I made a mistake, my lord. I admit to being a fool, but now I know different. I want to marry you," she professed, as she raised herself up on her elbows. "I can not control what I feel at times. And what I feel for you is different and more confusing than anything I have ever known. I am not a blushing maiden, my lord. I have known the joy of passion. There was someone in my village I had hoped to have a life with. He didn't love me, though. I discovered he wanted me because he thought I would be able to garner him an apprenticeship with my father. No one, not even my father, ever told me about you. I grew up never knowing I would be your betrothed once I came of age. The romances I have had have been few and far between. So I assure I do not give my body or heart to just anyone. I can remember my girlish dreams of being swept away by a shining knight on a white horse, of marrying for love."

"I do love you, Khaira." Karowyn replied. "I would do anything, give anything to make sure you never wanted for a thing. I would give you the stars above, if I could."

Tears filled Khaira's eyes at that heartfelt proclamation. His words touched her as no one before ever had. He leaned in and kissed her cheek. "You will see that the wait will be well worth it, my love." Karowyn promised.

"I will look forward to it, my lord," she smiled, squelching the urge to ask how long he'd make her wait. A shiver coursed through her. Gooseflesh appeared on her skin. "I'm getting cold. I think I'd like to go to my room."

Karowyn let her up and handed the robe she'd brought with her to her. "Thank you."

He watched as Khaira drew it on, covering her naked body and shielding it from his view. "Let us go," he said, before he gave in to his desire and took as they both wanted.

Khaira left the bathhouse with Karowyn, who took hold of her hand, leading her into the inn and up to her room.

"I have to wait on my clothing," she stated as she unlocked her door and stepped inside. "You can wait here with me if you'd like."

"I have things to see to. I have to check on my men. I will, however, join you for dinner."

"I would like that, my lord," she smiled, as she rose up on her tiptoes and met him as he leaned forward to kiss her. Slow and sensual, the kiss thrilled her clear down to her toes, which she curled with pleasure. Khaira pulled away and let out a moan. "I think you should go, my lord, because if you stay and kiss me like that again, I will not be held responsible for my actions."

Karowyn thoroughly perused her, allowing his eyes to take a long slow walk all over her lithe body. He immediately noticed her kiss swollen lips, the rosy glow of her cheeks, the sparkle in her blue eyes and the hardened peaks of her small perky breasts poking his chest through her robe.

"As lovely as you look, you make it hard to resist," he murmured, his voice even lower and sexier than normal. Her sensuous appearance pleased him. He fought the urge to take her. He had often wondered what she would look like after he'd made love to her. Now he knew.

That look only increased her beauty and made him ache for her. She'd lit a fire within his loins only she could quench. "I will be back for you later, my love."

"I am looking forward to it." Khaira purred.

He left her after a quick peck on her cheek. Khaira quivered all over with giddy excitement and let out a happy sigh as she fell onto the bed.

"Yes!" she exclaimed. If she had known he was so incredible, and sexy, and strong, she would have stayed in her village and faced him with utter anticipation.

Maybe the capture did make the chase all that much sweeter for Karowyn. She got a feeling he enjoyed the hunt immensely and she was now his prize. Khaira reveled in the knowledge that she belonged to him now and that he was hers.

A pang of uncertainty gnawed at her though. Did he know about the trouble she and her companions had been a part of? She was sure he would hear about it sooner or later. She tried to swallow the lump in her throat as she prayed it would be later before he learned of it.

The warrant worried her. She knew in her heart that she was innocent. All of her companions were. The crazy old dwarf had taken them to the desert and left them to fend for themselves. She didn't know where he was. Khaira had formed her own suspicions, though. Highpeak's son, Karath, stood to gain a whole hell of a lot if Kruth was dead and the Axe of the Dwarvish Lords came into his hands. Surely he was behind all of this. Why not frame them for his disappearance? Why not shift the guilt? Khaira frowned, praying this mess would not cost her Karowyn. She had accepted the betrothal. Hopefully he would not withdraw it.

Lost in thought, it took her several moments to realize someone was knocking on her door. She rose and cautiously answered it. She smiled as the laundress handed her clothes to her. Khaira thanked her and accepted them then reached for her belt pouch. From within she withdrew a couple gold pieces.

"Thank you, my lady," the woman curtsied and walked away, clutching her gold.

Khaira dressed quickly in a freshly laundered clothing and left the room. She locked the door and headed down to the common room of the tavern. Having a seat at the bar, she noticed a few of Karowyn's men were keeping watch within the tavern. Khaira ordered a pint of ale and drank it slowly. It felt good to see people again.

Khaira grimaced, was she going soft? She used to prefer to be away from the crowds of people. Shaking her head, she reminded herself to reexamine her priorities. She was a druid. She enjoyed the life in the wilderness with the sky above her head and the earth below her feet.

Maybe the life of an adventurer wasn't for her. She certainly didn't like nearly dying beneath the claws of an owlbear. Maybe fame wasn't worth the scars on her body and scars on her soul.

She missed her home, though. She knew she'd have to send a message to her parents as soon as possible. They would need to know she was going to marry Karowyn. She hoped they would be happy for her. Her father had wanted her to marry Karowyn when he told her about it. Though, she wondered if that was because of the blood oath. The blood oath would be paid and her father would have nothing further to worry about. She had a happy life ahead of her.

Why then did she fear it would not come to pass? Khaira feared that the warrant would attach too much stigma to her and Karowyn would want nothing more to do with her. She hoped the trouble wouldn't cause him not to want her. She wanted him to want her...desperately. She knew he already did. He had already told her he loved her. She felt that was enough. Khaira also felt as she grew to know him better that she would also grow to love him as he loved her.

As Khaira sat with her mug of ale, Lorna, Squib and Malanere came into the inn. She jumped up, happy to see Malanere alive. Running over, she hugged all of them.

"Welcome back to the living," she said to Malanere.

"It's good to be back." Malanere smiled.

Khaira ushered them to a table and ordered food and drinks for all. As they sat conversing, Khaira noticed a familiar face come in. It was Ian Winterheart. She nudged Lorna and smiled.

"Ian," she called out, as he walked toward them. "So good to see you. What brings you here to Daggerfalls?"

"I have information that concerns all of you and the warrant for your arrest. I also believe that your betrothed has learned of it. You must come with me. All of you." Ian replied.

Khaira shook her head, cursing under her breath. She feared this would come to pass. He knew and now he would not want her. Would he release her? "Very well, Ian. We will go with you." Khaira replied, glumly.

Ian shot her a look, noting the change in her voice. He led them out of town toward the barbarian encampment. "Is he very angry?"

"Who?" Ian asked.

"Karowyn."

"I really can't say, Khaira."

"Can't or won't?" She shot back, haughtily.

"You will find out soon enough."

"I feared this. I have agreed to become his bride, but I fear he will throw me aside." Khaira sighed, "It's not fair. We are innocent."

"I know all of you are. Don't make rash assumptions. Have a little faith."

Faith, Khaira mused. She had spent much time lately re-examining her own faith. The teachings of Silvanus seemed too strict for her. She opted to follow the faith of her mother, Mielikki. She recalled when she chose a patron deity, she chose something different from her mother's. She had thought it was uncool to believe as her mother did. Now she realized the error of her ways. The faith of Mielikki did suit her much better than Silvanus. She knew as she changed her faith, she would have to prove herself to Mielikki by completing a quest. That looming over her coupled with being found by Karowyn and the warrant calling for the arrest of herself and her friend's placed a heavy burden on her shoulders. She realized she needed someone to be on her side for once. She had hoped that someone would be Karowyn. Someone to help her shoulder the burden until she was strong enough to handle it on her own. She sighed deeply and cast a look of despair at Ian. But all too soon they had reached the barbarian encampment. All too soon she was standing before Karowyn.

Khaira bowed her head, not wanting to look him in the eye.

"Khaira, look at me."

Slowly she raised her head, her eyes meeting his.

"You know why you are here." Karowyn stated.

"Yes, and I must tell you that I am innocent," she pleaded and launched into the series of events that had led her to this place. She told him about the priest of Helm and his betrayal. She told him of the voyage to the Earthfast Mountains and their arrival at Hammerhole. She explained about what happened with Highpeak. "He stranded us in Anauroch and took off by himself. We are innocent and have no knowledge of where he is. We were framed."

"If you still wish to be my bride, I will protect you and your friends." Karowyn said. "If not, I release you and will find another way to collect the blood oath from your father."

"I will marry you, Karowyn. I have already told you that. I have not changed my mind. I feared that if anyone would change their mind about this betrothal, it would be you, my lord. I feared this would be too much for you to accept." Khaira replied, thanking the fates once again.

"No one would dare accuse me of any wrongdoing. With me, you will be safe." Karowyn said.

"Thank you, my lord." Khaira moved closer to him and wrapped her arms around him. She relaxed against him and allowed herself thoughts of a happy life with him.

A happy life... That was all she ever really wanted. She hoped that is what she had now that she agreed to marry Karowyn. Adventuring wasn't for her, not really. That he loved her beyond obsession, Khaira didn't doubt. He had told her as much. As she studied him, she noticed the stubborn set of his jaw and the kindness deep with his grey eyes. Yes, it was not a difficult thing to tell that he did indeed love her. He would absolve the sins others claimed she had committed by giving her the protection of his name. She assumed he expected her to be the model wife in return. That she had no problem with. That she would gladly do. She was more than ready to settle into a tranquil life and bear his children. Unless she wished it, she would never have to fight her own battles ever again. Yet she knew she would willing defend her children when needed. She would be free to be the kind of druid her mother was...devoted to keeping the pristine wilderness green and lush and lending a helping hand to heal those in need.

A pique of mirth washed through her. Yes, the capture had been well worth her flight away from him.

The End

12