The Cassidy Chronicles

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
PrincessErin
PrincessErin
1,429 Followers

The truth was that Cassidy had flown over to help and had one of her premonitions. She had touched one of Charlotte's sweaters and the whole scene flashed before her eyes. She had seen her brother dying and knew that there was no way to stop it.

"I need to go find that man." Cassidy turned to leave the cloakroom. Molly just stood there, not saying a word. She had given up on stopping her when she got something into her head. She was stubborn as a goat, her astrological sign. It was a good trait to be persistent, but Cassidy was far beyond persistent with certain things, neurotic and mule headed was a closer description.

She stormed down the hall towards the banquet hall. She entered and immediately was in awe. The room was decorated professionally with pink and blue ribbons around the walls. Each table had a centerpiece filled with flowers of every color possible along with a white floor length tablecloth. The room was filled with laughter and chatter. Everyone was out of their seats chatting with each other. It was like a disorganized classroom. Cassidy grinned as she made that comparison in her head. As a former teacher, she was always comparing her grade eight students to everything else.

Cassidy's eyes skimmed the crowd for the tall man. You would have thought that a man that tall wouldn't blend into the crowd, but he did. She moved quickly through the crowd, seeing if he was sitting down somewhere. She was getting frantic.

"What are you doing here?"

Cassidy spun around and was face to face with Jason. Her eyes went wide. She stepped back and the back of her legs hit the table. The table rocked gently and she winced as she heard the crashing of a vase. She didn't need to turn around to know what had happened. The tall vase that held the multicolored flowers had tipped over.

She closed her eyes and knew exactly what was going to happen. It wasn't a premonition as much as she knew that Sonya was charging across the room like a bull, wanting to know who had ruined her perfect evening. Cassidy was still in shock, she had not seen Jason in almost two months.

"What in heavens is happening? You! You are the hired help. You are not allowed in here." Sonya's face was so close to Cassidy that she could smell her expensive perfume. Her voice was so soft that no one else could hear what was being said. Cassidy's anger was flaring and she was trying to control her emotions.

"I'm looking for someone who left something in the cloakroom." Cassidy's voice was calm. Inside she was a raging lunatic. She wanted to slap Sonya across the face for being so rude and patronizing. She wanted to then grab Jason and kiss him frantically. He had that effect on her and she hated it and loved it all at the same time.

"Please leave. Now." Sonya had stepped away and was happy that the wait staff had rushed out and quickly cleaned up the mess. The vase hadn't shattered so much as broken into big pieces. The white linen tablecloth was soaked, but as Cassidy was led out of the room, a large group of waiters was removing the china and silverware to change the linen.

Sonya then closed the doors and pushed Cassidy out into the hallway. "I knew you'd be a problem. You and your family have always been a problem."

Cassidy glanced up and saw Jason standing behind Sonya. He had followed her out, but was keeping a distance. By this time, Molly had rushed down the hallway from the cloakroom and was standing next to Cassidy.

"I need to find someone in there. I have to tell him something important." Cassidy's voice was quivering. Her eyes glanced from Jason to Sonya and back again. He had that effect on her and it was driving her crazy. She was trying to sound sane and reasonable, but had only one thing on her mind, Jason.

"Please leave before we call security." Sonya's voice was cold as ice. Cassidy was about to respond, but Molly spoke up first.

"Cassidy just leave. I'll find the guy and call you tomorrow. I'm sure Jason can drive you home." Molly's eyes shifted from Cassidy to Jason to Sonya's. Sonya spoke first.

"Good idea." She then left to go back to the room.

"Molly I need to talk to him tonight. I'm serious." Cassidy was pleading with her best friend while at the same time held back a whimper as Jason wrapped his arms around her shoulders.

"I will get his cell phone number and call you with it the moment I get it. Then you can call him and tell him what you need to tell him."

"Sounds like a plan baby. Come on. I haven't see you in ages." Jason held Cassidy protectively. Cassidy liked the feeling, but only because she was feeling very vulnerable now. There was a reason she had broken up with him, but he obviously had forgotten.

"Fine." Cassidy turned and walked out of the banquet hall. Jason followed her and led her to his car.

"I missed you baby. So much." Jason pushed her gently against the side of his sports car and kissed her softly. "You have no idea how happy I am to see you again."

Cassidy was trying to think straight. She had broken up with him. It had been a physical relationship from the beginning and never changed. She was reacting to his forceful behavior, but knew she shouldn't.

"We broke up. Don't you remember?" Cassidy tilted her head as Jason planted soft kisses against her neck. He licked her skin gently as his arms rubbed her sides.

"Yes. I've changed though. I want a relationship. It was meant to be that we met tonight. As I sat there listening to my dad and his rich coworkers chat about the economy, I wanted you. I wanted nothing more than to have you next to me so I could nibble your earlobe like this." Cassidy moaned as he did just that. He knew exactly what to do to drive her crazy. He licked her earlobe then sucked it gently into his mouth. He breathed out through his nose so that his hot breath brushed past her ear. He then nibbled the curve of her ear gently at first, but then more rough.

"We shouldn't." Cassidy had reached up and slid her hands into his thick locks. He leaned down as she pulled him closer. "Just drive me home." Cassidy pushed him away and watched as he reluctantly opened the car door for her then went around to get into the driver's side. The drive was silent. The tension in the air was thick. Jason was desperate to fuck her and she knew it. She could sense that he didn't really mean what he had said before. She could have started a fight with him, telling him that he would never change. Instead, her hormones were in control and her body was reminding her of two very important things. The first was that he felt so good against her and she knew that her body loved his kisses, his touch, and most importantly his throbbing cock inside her. The second thought was that it had been two months since she had done anything sexual. She was in a rut and needed sex badly.

Jason drove up to her house and stopped the car. Cassidy had left all the lights off inside her house and her porch light was off as well. Actually, it was burnt out and she hadn't been motivated to fix it. Cassidy wanted to tell him he could come in and spend the night. She desperately wanted to wake up next to his warm body tomorrow morning.

"I want to come in. Let me please." Jason was begging and had Cassidy not been so sexually aroused, she would probably have laughed at him. Instead, she nodded and they rushed quickly inside her townhouse.

"This is just sex Jason, nothing more." Cassidy pleaded with both herself and Jason, trying to convince both of them that they wouldn't get back together. She was strong willed and stubborn, but for some reason Jason turned her into a spineless blob.

"I want to enjoy every part of your body tonight and we'll talk tomorrow." Jason was guiding her backwards up the stairs to her bedroom. Their shoes were haphazardly left in the front hallway and as they made their way up, pieces of clothing were thrown on the ground. By the time they made it to the entranceway of the master bedroom, they were naked, horny, and not thinking straight.

"You drive me crazy!" Cassidy gave up on fighting what she knew was right. She knew she should tell him to leave and that it was over. She didn't want either of them using the other for sex. Jason had pushed Cassidy onto the bed and immediately thrust his cock inside her. Cassidy closed her eyes and bucked up hard. She was soaking wet, there was no question about that. She clawed at his back as he relentlessly pushed his hard member in and out of her wet hole. He didn't slow down or stop, he kept pounding her.

"Fuck you feel good. Your pussy feels so fucking good." Jason slid up so he was kneeling on the bed. He held her legs as he fucked her. She had always been a good fuck and he needed this so badly. He watched as she fingered her hard nipples then massaged her full breasts. Her eyes were full of lust as she sucked gently on her index finger and then ran it down her body. Her finger slid between her breasts and down her round stomach until it reached her pubic bone. She had always kept her pubic hair nicely trimmed and Jason gasped when she furiously began rubbing her clit.

"Fuck that is so fucking sexy. Rub your clit for me baby. Do it for me." Jason continued humping Cassidy like crazy.

"I am." Cassidy whimpered and continued fingering herself. She felt Jason tense up and began tapping her clit with her whole hand. He was close, she knew that. He did the same thing every time. He would hold her tight and push his cock in so deep it almost hurt, and then he would rock his hips while panting. Jason did exactly this then cried out.

"Oh fuck I'm cumming!"

Cassidy squirmed and finally reached her peak. She continued to squirm as she gripped her pink satin sheets for leverage. Jason was pushing so deep she was sliding up the bed, but she needed him deep inside to lengthen her orgasm.

The two lovers lay like that, not wanting to move. Finally, Jason slid out of her and lay on his side on the side of the bed she normally slept on. She reluctantly lay on the other side of the bed facing him. He spoke first.

"That was so fucking amazing. Your pussy felt great. Seriously, you are such a good little fuck. You can give me a blow job tomorrow morning. I drank about two bottles of wine before you showed up tonight, I'm going for a piss then I need to sleep."

Cassidy blinked as Jason stumbled to the en suite bathroom and did his business. She lay back and looked up at the ceiling. This was why they had broken up. He was never concerned about anything, but his own physical needs. His swearing also drove her crazy and she had tried not to cringe every time he used the F word.

Cassidy closed her eyes, but was too wired to sleep. She felt the bed shift as Jason threw himself onto the bed and quickly began to snore. It was wrong to do what they did. She had used him just as he had been using her their whole relationship. She had been helpless and distraught tonight and he knew it. She hadn't protested though which made her equally bad. She had loved his protective embrace tonight. She loved the feeling of a man shielding her from the dangers. She would never admit that to anyone though. She closed her eyes and tried to sleep.

***

Cassidy woke up suddenly. She had been startled awake and tried to piece together the reason for the abrupt end of her slumber. She had had a dream. No, more like a nightmare. She had seen the scene last night. The tall muscular man was in trouble and she wasn't doing anything about it. She blinked to try to focus in the darkened room. The alarm clock said five, which meant that she had at least two more hours before sunlight. She couldn't get back to sleep. The more she thought about the scene, the more she forced herself to stop thinking about it. She sat up and wondered why she was on the wrong side of the bed. She reached over and almost screamed, but then her trusted memory helped her. Jason was lying next to her, of course. He always liked that side of the bed and she was normally too worn out from lovemaking to say anything to the contrary. She got out of bed and made her way to her home office.

"I need to find him." Cassidy spoke aloud and then remembered that Molly said she was going to call her with his phone number. She looked for her cell phone. It wasn't in the place she normally left it. Cassidy tried to remember where she had left her phone. She turned on the light. Her eyes blinking to adjust to the brightness. "Where the hell did I leave it?"

Cassidy ran down the stairs and in the dark tried to find her purse. The hallway was littered with clothing and under her dress was her purse. She unzipped and dumped the contents out. Her cell phone was pink and she grabbed it and looked at the display. There were no phone calls, missed voice or text messages. She dropped the phone back onto the tile floor and ran upstairs.

She couldn't sleep. Images of the tall man and the vision she had were driving her crazy. She lay back in bed and tried to relax. Jason was snoring loudly next to her. He hadn't moved since he first fell asleep and she knew it was because he was drunk and tired from sex.

Cassidy was thankful that soon the sky brightened and the sun came up. She loved watching sunrises. It was something that she had always enjoyed. She lay in bed and watched the sky turn from black to a shade of gray. Then it turned a crimson color and slowly she saw the yellow globe shining in her eyes. It was convenient during the week to have her bedroom window facing east, but on the weekend, it wasn't pleasant. This morning it was a good thing because soon Jason was stirring.

"Fuck the sun is bright. Shut the curtains." Jason sat up and rubbed his eyes. He wasn't the most pleasant person in the morning.

"Good morning. We need to talk." Cassidy was back in the right frame of mind. She knew exactly what she needed to say to him.

"Huh?" Jason was barely awake and had such a hangover that his head felt ten times bigger and was ready to explode.

"We're not back together. I had something very startling happen to me last night and you were lucky to be in the right place at the right time. The sex was amazing and I'm not going to lie and tell you it wasn't. I can't deal with everything else about you. It drives me crazy."

"You're fucking neurotic. You're still not over your fucking brother. I'm leaving." Jason rolled out of bed and stumbled down the hall and down the stairs. Cassidy could hear him mutter under his breath. She figured he was swearing and ranting about her change in behavior. She didn't care. She needed to find out who that guy was and was wondering how early she could call Molly without being yelled at.

The moment she heard her front door slam shut, she got out of bed and ripped off the sheets. She threw them along with the pillowcases into the laundry and grabbed fresh sheets. After doing that, she had a shower and put on clean clothes. It was eight o'clock so she ran down and grabbed the clothing that was lying in the front hallway. She threw everything but her cell phone into the laundry and then dialed Molly's number.

"Molly, it's me Cassidy. Did you get that guy's number?" Cassidy knew that if anyone were listening to her they would assume that she wanted to ask the guy on a date. She found that funny and grinned a bit.

"What time is it?" Molly's voice was barely a whisper. She was exhausted and was trying to understand what Cassidy was asking.

It's eight. The guy from the ball last night. You know the one with the leather jacket. I told you I needed to talk to him." Cassidy was getting angry. Molly was sweet and supportive and a great best friend, but sometimes she would be ditzy.

"He never picked up the jacket. I left at one thirty when everyone was gone. His coat was still there."

"Damn it. What happened after I left?" Cassidy hadn't even thought until this moment what had happened from the time she left the building until the end of the evening. She was curious now to find out.

"Sonya threw a hissy fit, but then her husband calmed her down. They got one of the dishwashers to help me at the end of the night. I never saw that guy again and I didn't dare enter the ballroom. Sonya gave me a dirty look every time she saw me. It was like I purposely made you do that just to make her life a living hell."

"You never saw him? Are you sure? He couldn't have just disappeared?" Cassidy was frantic now, trying to figure out what she was going to do.

"I'm serious. At one thirty, Sonya dismissed me. She and her husband were about to lock up the building. Everyone else had left. I got in my car and watched as they locked up, set the alarm, and drove off."

"Fine. Thanks for the info."

"So how was your night with Jason? He looked desperate. Are you guys back together?" Molly was eager to hear about Cassidy's love life. She had always been the eccentric one. In high school, guys stayed away from her because she always had multicolored hair, weird clothes, and was extremely smart in every subject.

"No. I wasn't thinking straight last night. It was a completely mistake. He is still a jerk. He is so immature he drove me crazy this morning."

"I'm sorry Cassidy. I'm sorry about what happened last night. I didn't think Sonya would be so rude to you."

"It's fine. So do you want me to pick you up so we can go hunt down this mystery guy?"

"Umm." Molly's voice was hesitant.

Cassidy could hear something in the background and she scowled and then figured out what was happening.

"Jeremy came home early didn't he?"

"Yeah."

"Enjoy. I'll call you later."

Cassidy hung up the phone and laughed. Molly and Jeremy had been married for almost five years. They were the token happy couple in their circle of friends. They had been high school sweethearts and got married a year before they graduated from university. Jeremy was gone on a conference in California and had obviously arrived home early.

Jeremy worked as a clinical psychologist. This was his serious job at least. He was an associate professor at the university in town and during the month of November, he went away on conferences. This one was in California and dealt with the topic of fear and human nature. Molly was also a psychologist, but she ran their business mainly. Cassidy had been the weird one in high school, but now Molly was the weird one. She, along with her husband, and Cassidy, ran a company that, as Molly put it, helped those dearly departed actually depart. In other words, they were ghost hunters.

Cassidy had helped them with a few cases, specifically the Grapevine Manor situation. It was more because her brother had gotten personally involved in the situation. Until last night Cassidy had never specifically told her best friend what her psychic abilities were. All Molly knew was that Cassidy was amazing at understanding others and it was an important skill in their business.

Cassidy was just about to leave when her cell phone rang. "Hello? Hi Mom. Yeah. It was horrible. I'm sort of busy." Cassidy sat down on the black ottoman in her front hallway. Had it just been a week ago that she had given out Halloween candy? It felt like an eternity had passed since then. She listened as her mother went on and on about something that Cassidy still couldn't understand. If Cassidy was described as eccentric then her mother was even more peculiar and weird. Her mother was talking to her about Christmas dinner, even though it was November 8.

"Mom I have to go do something. Can I call you later?" Cassidy's voice was urgent. She hated being like that to her mother, but her mother would talk your ear off and then keep going. She didn't have time and she hoped that her mother would be able to figure it out.

"I'm sorry. You go find him. He's in the most obvious place."

Cassidy rolled her eyes and looked at the phone. Her mother had the uncanny ability to read minds and even over the phone, she knew what her daughter was up to.

PrincessErin
PrincessErin
1,429 Followers