The Change Ch. 01: The Beginning

Story Info
Destiny Marshal has no knowledge of who her real parents are.
1.3k words
4.23
7.1k
15

Part 1 of the 6 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 01/09/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hello! This is the very first chapter to my very first book! I'm 20 and I just now found the courage to post my imagination train! I'm not perfect and it could use some more of something but I can't put my finger on it just yet or grasp the concept well but this is the first step. I appreciate all criticism especially constructive. But please be patient. Much love, Olivia.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Coffee cups clanked against each other as Destiny Marshal put them on their proper shelf. It was late and her shift was over 30 minutes ago, however she wanted to help Barney, her night shift manager, close up the Café before she went home. Barney, as if summoning him with her thoughts, walked out onto the floor.

"What are you still doing here? I could have closed up shop myself. I may be getting old, but listen, little lady, I'm not incapable of-" before he could finish, Destiny interrupted.

"Barney, I know you are perfectly capable of doing all of this yourself, however, I still have a customer, AND I would just like to help you for a change" she finished her sentence with a lighthearted smile. Barney smiled, his peppered cheeks reaching each ear.

"Alright little lady, but you must go home and get some rest. I don't need one of my best employees tired while she's on my watch" Barney yawned and headed back into the manager's office.

Destiny looked around the Café, it was beautiful. Like any other Café or Diner, there were "bar" stools and booths, tiled walls, and large scenic Windows, however, that's not what made it different from the rest. It stood in a small town that was surrounded by a huge forest. The forest, although beautiful, and majestic, held some mysterious feeling. Not many of the town's people ventures too far into its dark paths. Destiny was different though, many called her brave, others would call her reckless or dumb.

To her, it didn't matter. She loved the wilderness, she used to go camping and she missed it terribly. Instead of fretting, she internally decided this weekend she would go. She had three days off and she decided she would spend every day wisely.

Destiny shook away her thoughts and focused on finishing her work. The Café was nearly empty this late at night. She looked up at the clock; it was nearing 10 pm. The only customer that was left was a nice diplomatic man who sat in a corner booth. He had already finished his food, he was sitting there reading the daily newspaper, while drinking coffee.

Destiny was becoming quite fond of him, he had been here nearly four nights in a row, so this had become a nightly routine. Yet, she still didn't know his name. Looking over the Café, she made sure there was nothing left to do. Destiny sauntered over to the coffee maker, her small frame made it easy to be grateful. She grasped the pot in a small fragile hand. Luckily, there was only enough coffee in the pot for one more cup. She made her way over to the corner booth.

"Hello, sir?" She waited until he looked up to offer him another cup.

As his head swiveled up, and his eyes met hers, she had to stifle a gasp. His eyes were a magnificent, electric blue, which was opposite to her own deep, dark blue eyes. His hair, a long/ short and jet black which was also opposed to her long, curly blonde hair. When her hair was down it reached down to the small of her back. His skin was tanned as if he spent many many hours outside. Destiny's skin wasn't much different.

His lips were plump and she could think of many things they could be at use for. At that thought, her inner core started burning with a sensation she barely knew. She had frequently been captivated by his features, ever since he walked in on the first night. But every time she saw him, it struck her like the first time she laid eyes on him.

Straightening up, she cleared her throat and buried the lustful thoughts. Destiny put on the fakest smile she could in order to hide her growing arousal.

Turning her attention back on the task at hand, "would you like one more cup of coffee, it's what I have left and I would hate to see it go to waste" she rambled. Cursing herself, she vowed to make her next sentence a little smoother. However, nothing prepared her for his reply.

"If I take that last cup of coffee off of your hands, I have one condition" he smiled. His smile was so brilliant it nearly knocked her on her cute little ass.

Silently clearing her throat again she replied "and what would that be?"

The gorgeous man patted the side of the table opposite to him, "sit with me while I enjoy it, you have nothing else to do at the moment, I'm assuming your shift is already over. It would be nice to have someone to talk to before I retire for the night".

Oh my goodness, I am gonna make a fool of myself. "Deal."

Destiny poured the rest of the coffee into the cup and returned the coffee pot to its rightful place before finally sitting down across the lonesome man. "I didn't catch your name" she had nothing to lose so she threw the hook out into the metaphorical water.

The man loses folded the newspaper and set it on the table beside his coffee. He cleared his throat and answered

"My name is Felix, I don't live here in town, I live just outside of town. Not many people do know my name." Felix frowned so slightly that if you blinked you would have missed it, his frown was quickly replaced by a smile. The kind of smile that made Destiny's knees weak. He looked at her name tag,

"Unfortunately Destiny, I do not get the pleasure to ask your name, considering your name tag" Felix smiled even brighter, "you have a beautiful name".

Destiny blushed, "Thank you", she didn't know what else she could say, so she asked him another question. "I've noticed you here four nights in a row, what brings you here to Cameron?" Destiny admitted, she was pretty curious.

"Mostly business, but it's also very beautiful here," Felix replied. "So, miss Destiny, what brings you here to Cameron? How long have you been here?"

Destiny fidgeted with her fingers, she never really talked about before she came and why she decided to move far away from her hometown in Santa Anna, California. Cleverly avoiding the real answer, she just replied with a simple sentence, "just wanted some change, I grew up in California, I wanted to see greenery instead of desserts and sand. It's really quite depressing".

Destiny and Felix talked for 10 more minutes about interests, hobbies, work, and customers. Finally, when Felix had decided to leave, Destiny and Barney finished closing the store and locked the doors.

Destiny trekked down Main street headed for home from work as she did every night. Tonight felt different. She felt as though someone was watching her. Still, she continued walking, she didn't want to make it obvious, but she knew. Instead of focusing on the eyes burning a hole in her back, She decided to focus on getting home. She wasn't far now. Destiny lives in a studio apartment a couple blocks from the Café so it was easy to get back and forth to work.

Her apartment came within view, and Destiny put some pep in her step. As soon as she reached the door she punched in the code, the door buzzed unlocked and she slid in, closing the door behind her. Sighing with a breath of relief.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let me know what I can do to improve. Plot suggestions are welcome, I plan on a lengthy book. Maybe I won't make you guys wait so long for the really saucy parts, BUT who knows ;) I took the moderators thoughts into consideration and fixed the appropriate errors.

~Olivia