The Cherry Poppers Ch. 28-2

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
BlewWater69
BlewWater69
2,590 Followers

As the president introduced Dr. Jenny with glowing praise for her many years of service to the university, Mark whispered to Jason as they rose to applaud the good doctor.

"He must have known then about the contest if he was Caulfield's big brother. I bet he was in on it," Mark claimed.

The applause for Dr. Jenny carried on for some time. She was certainly loved by all the Theta Chi brother's that had worked for her over the years. Jason still couldn't believe she was present at this dinner.

"She must have known too," Jason said, but it was as much a question as a statement of fact.

"No doubt," Mark agreed.

With that realization, Mark and Jason weren't shocked when Dr. Jenny admitted to being in on the contest from the beginning. Others were apparently though, and the gasps and groans among the collected group said so. Dr. Jenny never flinched though and smiled her warm smile as she continued. Douglass Caulfield and she had remained friends after he graduated. They had even dated as friends. He had convinced her of the good of the service the Theta Chi brothers were providing by introducing all these virgins to the joys of sex. At first, she was very skeptical and refused to go along. However, the more she consulted with the women before and after sex, the more she realized that they were indeed happier afterward.

It wasn't until she agreed, however, that Douglass Caulfield admitted to her the rules of the contest and her involvement with the asterisks. She said she was very hesitant to allow her records to be used in such a manner. However, Doug convinced me to just give it a try for a while. I agreed only because I never received one complaint afterwards that a young lady was dissatisfied or regretful of having done it. So many girls were coming to me for the pill anyway as soon as it came on the market. Maybe it was the sexual revolution of the seventies, but it never seemed like we were doing harm. Instead, all the women found joy in sex. It was a liberating time for all women.

I hope known of you think less of me for being part of this or that I broke my Hippocratic Oath to serve people as honorably as I could. It might be hard to understand, but you men and ladies, Dr. Jenny said looking around, of anyone, can appreciate the pleasure and life experiences these women gained through companionship and sex. It might have just been sex but I know many trysts led to serious relationships and even marriage.

So, like many of you, I'm sad to see everything come to an end. Dr. Samuelson's retirement, with whom I worked closely with all these many years, and my own retirement, has brought on many changes. These changes are crucial to keep our beloved university up to the times of today's fast moving pace. The contest that started with Douglass Caulfield and ends now with Jason Robinson, I'm proud to say I was part of bringing pleasure to hundreds of people. Thank you.

Dr. Jenny sat down to thunderous applause. All the brothers and even the wives of the deceased ones, Jason noticed, were clapping loudly. Cute old Dr. Jenny looked around the room from her seat and waved and smiled.

Mr. Markley advanced to the podium. He explained that Douglass Caulfield's illness left him too weak to speak but that he wanted to thank all the brothers for their participation, devotion, and honesty in the pursuit of the contest. The presentations of the awards would be made following the dinner.

With that, the outer doors of the room opened up and many waiters and waitresses entered the room with trays of food. The meal was six courses and excellently prepared. It took nearly two hours before the dinner and dessert were over. Mr. Markley took the podium again just as the last of the desserts had been served.

Markley said, "My assistants have each of your certificates and they will be circling among the tables handing them out to you. We have several accomplishments to acknowledge as well."

He began by praising Douglass Caulfield for his wit, patience, and generosity in creating the idea and trust for the contest. Cherry Poppers might go down in history as the most unusual of contests, or the most well kept secret, but it had more than met the goal of joy to hundreds, for which Douglass Caulfield had created the contest in the first place.

Next, Mr. Markley introduced to make the presentations an old lady that had been sitting at one end of the head table quietly. Her name was Polly Johnson and she had been Douglass Caulfield's number two cherry. She rose to the podium, but not before walking to Douglass Caulfield, and kissing the old man on the cheek.

At the dais she began, "I know this might sound strange to anyone outside this room, but I'm one of the many woman that can praise this contest. Douglass and I dated back in college, and even though our time together was short, and resulted in my lost virginity, I look back at those days with true tenderness and joy. I agree with Dr. Jenny that the hundreds of women you all have helped experience the joys of sex, companionship, and affection are far better off for the gift they gave than not. I feel blessed to have been part of Douglass's life and he part of mine. I'm sure you all feel that way too."

The crowd applauded Polly Johnson before she proceeded with the awards. Any brother that made it past ten cherries, starting with Douglass Caulfield, received honorable mention. Surprise extra gifts provided by Caulfield were given to the top four runners up included Mark and the others at nineteen cherries. After the applause for those died down, Jason was asked to come to the dais.

Polly produced a plaque from the shelf inside the podium and announced Jason as the overall winner with an amazing twenty cherries in less than two years. She handed him the plaque, his check, and gave him a kiss on the cheek. Dr. Jenny rose and also gave Jason a tender kiss on the cheek. Jason walked back to his seat to the thunderous applause of the crowd.

Mr. Markley announced the bar would remain open for another half hour and before Douglass Caulfield left, everyone gave him a standing ovation. He waved as best he could and it was obvious he was quite sick and frail. Dr. Jenny and the rest of the head table left too but not before Dr. Jenny came over to their table. She kissed Mark and Jason again.

"You two may have been the last two of my boys," she called them, "but you were my favorites."

"We love you too," Mark and Jason stated with more hugs around.

Dr. Jenny looked at Jason and congratulated him again. "I knew you could do it from the moment Mark introduced you to me," Dr. Jenny claimed.

"How so?" Jason asked.

"Oh, Jason, you are so kind and unassuming. Surely, you must realize just how handsome you are?" Dr. Jenny praised.

"All the guys are good looking," Jason said.

"Yes, they are, but you have all the qualities that drive women crazy, don't you know?"

"I do?"

"Jason, you're runway model gorgeous, built like a Greek god, and with the most charming personality I've ever known. Yes, you are the complete package, my dear."

"Dr. Jenny, you're making me blush," Jason said and he was.

"See, I told you. You always know the right thing to say too," Dr. Jenny claimed and kissed his cheek once more. "Yeah, you're a charmer all right. What do you plan to do with all that money?"

"I'm going to propose to my girlfriend, Beth," Jason replied.

"You are? Oh, how wonderful. Did you meet her through the contest?"

"Yes, Beth was my number eight."

"Oh, how marvelous. I'll tell Doug and Larry. They'll be pleased that what we did here truly mattered and produced such wonderful results."

"Thanks and yes it did," Jason agreed.

Dr. Jenny said her goodbyes and left with the others. Mark and Jason stayed until the end and got plenty of congratulations from the remaining crowd. Even the two widows came over to congratulate them and confess they were cherries popped as part of the contest before they married their husbands. They too had nothing but praise for The Cherry Poppers competition.

Driving back, Jason asked Mark what he got as an extra gift. He still held in his hands the plaque and his own certificate for $2.55 million dollars as the real money had already been wired to each of their bank accounts for safety.

"I got an extra hundred thousand," Mark said. "Not bad, huh?"

"That's great," Jason declared.

Jason was on cloud nine for the longest time on the ride back to campus until he started thinking about the next day and his balloon ride with Beth. He hoped she would be okay with his sexual dalliances once she learned the truth. Obviously, the money was something he hoped would help persuaded her. However, his pledge that it was completely over, and she was the only one for him now, he hoped would carry the most weight.

It was fairly late by the time they arrived back at the Princeton campus and the frat house. Mark stayed the night with Jason but left early the next day knowing Jason had a busy day planned. They gave each other a brotherly hug before departing and Mark wished him success in his proposal to Beth. He assured Jason that Beth would let her love for him overshadow everything else. Jason thanked Mark for involving him in the contest.

"You remember that first day when you told me about cherry poppers?" Jason asked.

"Yeah, you were against it and very skeptical."

"Well, I won't say it was always joyful, but forgetting the money part for a second, I'm glad you got me involved, Big," Jason said.

"You are?"

"Yeah, the contest turned out to be so much more. I'm truly blessed for having known all these women. I thought at first we were guilty of taking advantage of these women but I must say I agree with Douglass Caulfield, Dr, Jenny and you that we have done something good here despite the social stigma against it. Thanks."

"You're welcome. My only regret is it's over and I didn't get to see just how many cherries my little could pop," Mark said with a laugh.

After Mark left, Jason told Chad about the money. He told Chad it was an inheritance. He hated lying to his roommate but it was still necessary to keep the contest secret to some. With his parents, he would claim the contest was a national competition about gaining pledges at the frat as Mark and he had agreed. Jason finished making his plans for his proposal to Beth, ordering flowers, and an expensive dinner afterwards at the seafood restaurant where they went on their second date. They would spend the night at the hotel in town where Jason had taken her virginity.

The balloon ride was scheduled for two hours starting at two, but they needed to be there by one. Before picking up Beth, Jason stopped for some sandwiches, chips, and cokes. They would eat those on the ride there or in the parking lot before the flight. When Jason knocked on her door, Haden answered dressed in a tight fitting shirt and a short skirt that showed off her long shapely legs.

"Hi, Jason," Haden said with a surprisingly warm smile.

"Hey, Haden. How's it going?"

"Great...come in...Beth's finishing up in the bathroom. She'll only be another minute," Haden claimed.

Jason talked small talk and about Brad with Haden until Beth came in. He tried not to stare at Haden's firm breasts accented by the tight shirt or her exquisite legs. The thought that somehow she had dressed this way to impress him didn't escape him. When Beth entered though, she immediate drew his full attention.

Beth's red hair was done up in curls like she'd done on their second date. She had a sleek blue dress on that showed off every luscious curve of her body and highlighted the color of her eyes. Jason's breath seemed to catch in his throat as he stared at Beth. He didn't even say hi at first, which made Beth and Haden both giggle.

"Like what you see, Jason?" Haden asked mischievously.

"Hi, Jason. How do I look?" Beth asked smiling.

"Gorgeous," was all Jason said, his eyes giving away the rest.

"Thanks... you look good too," Beth said, complimenting Jason on his new dress clothes.

"Isn't she a vision?" Haden proclaimed.

"The most beautiful vision in the world," Jason maintained.

"Good enough to eat," Haden stated with a wicked smile at both of them.

Beth gave her a frown but then smiled too. She looked back to the still gawking Jason.

"Shall we go?" Beth said.

"Okay," Jason responded.

"Haden has a date too," Beth said. "She's going to a movie with Brad."

"Oh, really...nice," Jason said, now realizing that her outfit had nothing to do with him.

Jason helped Beth put on her coat and they left. She held his arm as they walked lovingly to the car. They got looks of jealousy from many of the other women in the dorm. One look of all made them both laugh. Sierra passed them on the stairs on the way out. She didn't say anything, and neither did they, but her shocked look at the well dressed gorgeous couple was evident.

On the ride to the hot air balloon ride, Jason explained what he had planned. Beth was at first upset he hadn't clued her in so she could have dressed more appropriately. She had thought they were just going to a fancy restaurant. That he wanted to buy her a good dinner to make amends. Jason assured her all would be fine.

They finished the lunch in the car and Jason presented her with the lovely bouquet. She loved the flowers and wanted to leave them in the car for safekeeping but Jason insisted she bring them along. It was closer to one thirty by the time they got to the field where the balloon awaited. The owner had it practically ready to go and he just explained to Jason how to help him with the lines. In twenty minutes they were firing more hot air into the balloon and started to take off. Beth hugged Jason tightly, wrapped warmly in her coat. His large body helped her stay warm too.

"I'm a little scare," Beth admitted.

"Don't be," Jason said, "Ben's been doing this for ten years."

Jason had introduced Beth to Ben when they arrived, and almost chuckled at the startled look of the thirty-something balloonist face as he took in Beth's beauty and shook her small hand. Ben knew of Jason's proposal plans and undoubtedly envied him proposing to this gorgeous red head. It was a small basket, but Ben managed to hang in one corner for most of the ride, as the loving couple kissed and enjoyed the pretty fall colors still somewhat evident even this late in the year. A month or so earlier would have been even better though.

"It's beautiful," Beth declared, looking out over the countryside with Jason's arms wrapped around her.

"Not as beautiful as you," Jason whispered into her ear as the wind blew her striking red hair.

"Thanks," Beth said, even as she worried she was being windblown into a mess.

Jason waited until Ben announced they would be descending soon. The chase car would meet them at the pre-designated site. All had gone as planned with the flight thanks to a mild but consistent wind. Jason knew the clue from Ben was his designation to begin.

Jason turned Beth towards him for a kiss. They kissed for a few minutes before taking a break. Despite the cold, they had their coats open and pressed their bodies together as they kissed. Even cold, Jason's cock was getting stiff holding her so close and kissing her. Beth's nipples gave away an equal desire, as she felt his through her thin dress, and smiled at him knowingly as they stared into each other's eyes. Jason saw nothing but love in her eyes.

"Babe, I'm ready to confess now," Jason said.

"Confess what?" Beth asked, but knew all too well what he meant.

"I know my actions have been hard to explain but I'll try."

Jason told her everything, all about The Cherry Popper's contest. His initial reluctance to participate, but hated to disappoint Mark. He told her of his eventual acceptance of it after being hurt by Lana. The good he felt he was doing despite the wrongness of the purpose. The friends he made and the relationships he developed. He said meeting her being the absolute best of all of those. How he'd kept going for some reason even though his love for her was growing rapidly. It might be wrong or perverse, but he actually came to believe he was doing something good, something that made these women's lives better. Finally, he told her of the money. How much money was involved. What he got for hitting twenty. How Haden was number twenty. He told her everything and begged her forgiveness and that he thought in some way he was doing it for their future together.

When he was done, Beth stared at him for long moments without saying anything. Jason tried to read her thoughts in her eyes. He noticed them welling up with tears and his heart started to break. He feared his confession had destroyed everything. That she would hate him for the deception, the lies, the betrayal, the perversion, the indecency of what he had done. He suddenly felt sick to his stomach. They still held each other, as he'd whispered this whole confession to her hoping Ben wouldn't hear in the bustling wind. Jason waited nervously for any sign of her approval or dissatisfaction. He could feel sweat forming on his forehead despite the cold.

"Do you love me?" Beth finally said as she fought back tears.

"More than life," Jason proclaimed. "I'll jump from this balloon right now if you tell me you hate me or never what to see me again."

Beth's face looked shocked for a second and then broke into a smile. She held him tight. "No need to jump, Jason. I still love you," Beth professed.

"Oh, babe...I love you so much," Jason asserted.

"I know that the rest of womanhood will hate me for this, but am I your only girl from now on?" Beth questioned.

"Definitely!" he shouted.

"Can I trust you to not keep secrets from me?"

"You have my permission to cut my balls off if I do," Jason claimed.

"No need for that," Beth said laughing. "I like them too much where they are."

"Do you forgive me?"

"Jason, I can hardly accuse you of being unfaithful when I was messing with Haden behind your back. I guess we could call it even now and pledge our fidelity from now on," she reasoned.

"I love you so much."

"I love you," Beth agreed.

He dropped to one knee in front of Beth and reached into his coat pocket. He pulled out the little red box containing the two carat diamond ring. Jason wasn't sure whether to laugh or be concerned at the shocked look on Beth's face all of a sudden.

"What're you doing?" Beth asked nervously.

"Beth, will you marry me?" Jason proposed.

"Oh, my god," Beth exclaimed, her eyes filling with tears again.

Jason showed her the ring and proclaimed, "I'll be the happiest man on the face of the Earth forever if you say yes."

"Jason, we talked about this but I thought you wanted to wait?"

"I still want us both to graduate but that doesn't mean we can't get married or at least be engaged and marry after," Jason professed.

"You sure about this...I mean, I want to be sure..."

"I love you. I can't imagine spending another moment of life without you," Jason declared.

A tear slowly rolled down Beth's cheek as she looked at him with so much love his heart was ready to burst. Jason held her hand and slipped the ring on it. Beth looked at it and more tears rolled down her cheeks. She pulled him to his feet and kissed him with more passion than Jason thought possible. He returned the kiss, her tongue fighting with his. It was long moments before they broke the kiss.

"Yes," Beth whispered through her pants for breath. "Yes, I'll marry you, Jason Robinson."

Jason picked her up and hugged her. He whirled around and nearly lost his footing. Ben stepped forward unnecessarily thinking he might have to catch the two lovers from falling overboard. Jason caught himself though and the two lovers locked lips again. They kissed until Ben announced they were about to land. He smiled at them as they finally separated.

BlewWater69
BlewWater69
2,590 Followers