The Choosing Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yes," Hatha replied, "He did not at the time of Claiming Anja, but he knows it now."

He intended to Claim me and drain me. Nadar knew it too. While he had not taken from me he had also not told me the truth, or protected me from Roth. I thought then on Astrid's comment to Valco and asked, "Roth would not share Anja. Would he?"

Hatha shook her head briefly, met my gaze and turned away.

"But he will share of me. Won't he Hatha? You know this."

Hatha nodded, "There is thought that if he does your power will increase as will your life expectancy."

I brought my knees up to my chest and hugged them tight. So, I had the truth I had been seeking this night. Where now were my easy answers? The simple choices I expected to come with this knowledge.

There were no easy answers.

There was no black and white.

Roth had Chosen Anja in love. Taken her power with the best of intentions. I felt for him, for her, even understood it perhaps. But understanding and acceptance were separate things. I could not accept this for me. I would not accept it.

"Does Nadar support his father?" I asked

Hatha shook her head but her answer was not as clear, "Yes and No. He supports his political purpose but not his use of The Vessel. Sarran blood runs strong in him, but that does not make him Sarran. He is Master too. The son is caught between two worlds. Sarran Coven law has no Claiming. Sarran witches give of their body and Magic to who they choose. The longing to claim and the need to share battles within Nadar."

"Because of me," I whispered.

Hatha nodded.

I had seen that battle rage within his silver rimmed eyes myself. He wanted to take me but did not, could not as his father's claim was still upon me. Nadar was caught between his loyalty and his conscience. For all his want to befriend me Nadar could not be trusted. And Roth, the Master I thought had set me free was truly just blind to all but what he could take from me.

Who stood for me? I wondered.

"Hatha, you were Anja's handmaiden."

She nodded and I asked, "Are you mine?"

"I am handmaiden to The Vessel," she answered softly.

"I am the Vessel" I said, half statement, half question.

"Yes. I have no doubt."

"You are sworn to help me then?"

"Yes I am," she said, tracing a finger along an ornate band of markings that ringed the bicep of her right arm, "it is marked into my skin."

I stood from the floor. Pushing back my shoulders I jutted out my chin and in a voice I hoped worthy of The Vessel I said, "Hatha of Coven Sarran Vere I beseech you to take me to my people. If I am to be The Vessel I will learn my place with the Sarran, not Vandarran."

Hatha did not answer and for a moment I thought she meant to refuse me and my heart sank. She was still tracing the band around her arm, her finger moving faster and faster and then I noticed that her mouth moved too in a murmured chant.

She jerked to a stop and slid from the bed to the floor. Coming up on her knees she nestled her face to the juncture of my thighs. I felt a surge of desire thick and fast as her lips moved against my mound. She chanted words in a language I did not understand. Heat poured from her mouth, through her words and threaded into me, through me. Tendrils of heat searched within and clenched me in pleasure. My muscles seized, heat crackled beneath my taut skin. Blistering, white hot, as if my pleasure came from the very center of the fire. I came hard, without touch, without anything other than her breathing chant. My sex spasmed, wetness spurted in a warm wave to my thighs. As I came down from the magical climax Hatha pressed her lips to my mound and kissed the still pulsing point of my pleasure.

I reached down to thread my fingers in her hair. Without her trademark cap and sneer she seemed much younger. Her hair was pretty, a light shining auburn. Loose from the fixed cap it fell to her shoulders in sleek waves.

She looked up at me. Eyes not pinched in anger I found her quite beautiful. "I will take you Mistress Vessel. I will follow you where you lead."

And so, with Hatha's arms wrapped around my legs and her face nestled against my sex I made my first choice.

My choice.

My decision.

Tomorrow we would leave. Escape Roth, Nadar and their web of secrets and lies and findmypeople. I would learn what it truly meant to be The Vessel and make my own choices from no one.

Chosen no more.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You may have noticed that I've played around with the name of the Dark/Night Masters. I found myself swapping between the two and it became confusing so I decided to just go with the Dark Masters. Thanks again needs to go to the lovely Pacofear who worked his usual magic. And of course my Mistress Red Pen.

I hope you're enjoying the series and I do love to hear your thoughts so please leave a comment. Oh and a rating. I love those too.

Darcy Sweet.

12