The Chosen One Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
boneams
boneams
739 Followers

Kristine looked back, her lips still parted in disbelief. "What? Oh, it's just that I remember a day when an old woman took one of the tours and wanted to see the medallion up close. She was very interested it and I thought it was just because of the ruby inside. She called it the heart of the wolf. She could read the symbols as if she knew what it was."

The council members had grim looks on their faces as Atsuko put the photos away. She turned to Franklin and watched as his thoughts raced around what to do with the unexpected turn of events.

Kevin's eyes shot around the room as he watched the council lost in thought. "I don't get it? So some old lady can read those symbols, so what?"

As Franklin took another drink, Kevin saw his hand tremble only for a moment as he regained control of his limbs. After setting his drink down, he looked down at the floor, avoiding eye contact with the others. "You are a very lucky woman, Mrs. Dawson. The council has tried to track that seemingly benevolent little old woman. I am the only one that has ever crossed her path and lived to tell about it; until you it seems."

Kevin laughed aloud when the thought of a fight between himself and some old woman with a walker crossed his mind. "You have got to be kidding me. I've taken down werewolves before, and you idiots think I'm gonna get my ass kicked by Grandma?"

Franklin had had enough of the disdain coming from Kevin concerning what was about to happen. He ripped off his eye patch and growled at the arrogant young wolf. "Yes, we do think you're gonna get your ass handed to you by someone who can do this!"

Adam tried to hold back the vile that was building within him. When he turned to look at his wife, both her and Laura had their heads turned away from the gruesome scene before them. He looked at his best friend and wondered if Kevin would suffer the same fate. He watched as Kevin swallowed hard but continued to stare at Franklin's ruined face.

Kevin could tell the entire eye was missing as the patched together eyelid sank deep into the socket. The jagged shape of the socket indicated that there was also missing pieces of skull that were in direct alignment with the long scar that crossed his large face. He couldn't imagine what kind of creature could do such damage to a wolf his size.

"I'm sorry Franklin, I should have chosen my words better," Kevin said as he nodded his head.

The mammoth werewolf replaced the patch over his eye and took a deep breath. "Ladies, I'm sorry to have had to do that, but I tried to warn you at the beginning of the conversation."

Kristine wanted to cry, knowing she was that close once to something that could do that. "She - she did that to you?" Her voice filled with incomprehension.

"Yes Mrs. Dawson she did. Our battle was interrupted by humans – forgive me – others, and she fled. That is the only reason I am still alive today."

Adam shook his head as he thought of an old woman being capable of doing that kind of damage. "I don't mean to piss you off again Franklin, but wouldn't an old woman have trouble keeping up with the speed of a werewolf?"

Franklin sighed as he tried to find a way to tell Kevin what he was up against with the three humans in the same room. "She has many faces Mr. Dawson. Some as a vibrant young female; other times she will seem a kindly old woman. I wish I could say more of what she is but you would have a hard time believing me."

He then looked at Atsuko. "Do you still have that photo of what we think she looks like now?"

Atsuko placed her small delicate hand inside the folder, retrieved another photograph, and handed it to Kevin. With a slight bow, she retreated a few steps away from him.

Kevin felt his pulse starting to quicken as he looked upon the woman in the picture. His werewolf side screamed for release as he tried to control his temper. As his hands quivered from the rush of blood, he stood and breathed heavy. He turned to look at his friend with pure hatred in his eyes.

He moved toward Adam and thrust the photo at him. When the SEAL Commander took it, Kevin went to the kitchen to get another beer. He took some deep breaths as he gripped the handle of the refrigerator with such strength; he had to remind himself to relax.

An instant later, Adam's loud voice could be heard throughout the house. "You've got to be fucking kidding me!"

Kevin pulled two beers out and returned to the room. Handing one to Adam, he pulled the picture from his hands and then tossed it to Kristine. As she fumbled with it, he returned to his seat and emptied half of the contents straight to his stomach.

Kristine took one look at the picture and then back to Franklin. "This can't be the same person we were just talking about. We know this woman and she's just a biochemist. There has to be some confusion on your research."

Kevin glared at Adam. "Damn it Adam, I knew we fucked up when we didn't go after Nadia Karpov and finish it. Now it's going to come around and fuck us in the ass!"

Franklin studied Kristine's face as she looked at the photo then back to her husband. "It seems I am now the one who is confused. How do you know this person?"

Adam held his response. He didn't know if he could trust these people with any information about their last mission. When he looked at Kevin, his expression was not of permission; his eyes were still fueled by anger. "I'm not really sure I can tell you that Franklin. In our line of work, we reveal very few secrets.

"Yes, I know about you and Kevin being Navy SEALs Mr. Dawson. We have tracked her before, but just when we pinpoint a location; she vanishes. I will share some information with you as a sign of good faith. We believe she is working with three other of our kind..."

Adam cut him off. "You can call them werewolves, Franklin."

The Alpha male's face turned to a sour expression. "Hmmm, if the term werewolf is what you understand, then yes, three werewolves. We are trying to locate them and bring them before us for judgment."

Kevin, Adam, and Kristine looked back and forth amongst themselves. In just seconds, the room filled with the sound of heavy laughter. Adam turned toward Kevin and saw the laughter flooding the anger away.

The council looked on with puzzlement on their faces as they watched the others laughing at a situation that had no humor in it. Jim Gordon was growing upset at the human's reaction. He was tasked with finding them, and these people thought it was funny at his lack of success. "I don't mean to interrupt your little joke over there partner, but I fail to see any humor in it."

Adam wiped a tear from his eye as he smiled at Franklin. "Okay, Franklin, my turn for some truth. Let me guess, you're looking for Bashir Haddad, Rashida Turk, and Mansur Abla."

Franklin was shocked that a human would know that. "How did you know..."

Kevin coughed a bit from laughing. "You can call off your search Franklin. They were the targets of our last mission. Let's just say we judged them for you..."

Adam chuckled. "Carried out a pretty harsh punishment too," he said and then broke out laughing again.

The council seemed stunned at the news of the three werewolves demise. Candrea studied the man she had been assigned to monitor and discovered there was no amount of observation that could have prepared her for the reaction they were displaying.

Kevin looked over at the blonde haired woman while still chuckling over the comment. He could see the displeasure in her eyes as she folded her lithe arms across her chest. Kevin stopped his laughter but his smile remained. "I take it you don't find it funny that we did your job for you."

Her glare remained. "No I don't see the humor in the killing of another lycanthrope. The council decides the fate of our kind, not humans."

Laura leaned forward in her seat and stared at the arrogant woman. "I agree with Kristine, you people say human one more time like that and I'm going to slice someone's throat open and pull out their fucking heart!"

The stunned group looked on in shock at the harsh threat as Laura sat back fast and grabbed her chest. "Oh my, forgive me. I don't know where that came from; it just sort of blurted out for some reason," she said as she began to quiver a bit.

Franklin held his hand up to get everyone's attention. He understood all too well what was happening to the young, and seemingly harmless woman. "Laura, isn't it. I think I know where that came from. We know you are with child, and unfortunately, this is one of the down sides to mating with our – sorry, Mr. Dawson – werewolves."

Laura looked at him in puzzlement. "Does that mean our baby will be born, you know, like Kevin?"

"Oh dear girl, put yourself at ease. There will be no telling what will happen until your child reaches puberty, until then, she or he will be just like any other normal – um – child."

Kevin drank the rest of his beer and set the empty bottle down. "Well that's good to know. Now how about telling me why Nadia wants to come after me?"

The Alpha waived his hand towards Atsuko as she bowed. "Because you are the chosen one. It is said there will be a battle and the dark one will seek you out for the prize."

"What prize?"

"The only prize with any real worth to her; the Lycanthrope Medallion. Our only hope in defeating her is to wait for the time of the battle to arrive," she said with a small amount of fear in her voice.

Kristine glanced around the room as if searching for something, her eyes darting back and forth. "Wait a minute, none of this makes any sense. Why would she have to wait around and fight Kevin? If she's as – dark – as you say she is, why not just take me out when she was at the castle? She could have gotten the medallion easily."

Franklin chuckled at the statement from the human female. "I really don't want to get into a discussion with; yes I'll say it – a human – about what really lives on the planet. I can tell you however, she cannot posse the medallion as long as there is a chosen one with air in his lungs. I can only assume by the time she found out its location, Kevin was alive. If she does happen to take his life, no other being on the face of the earth will be able to stop her."

Kevin continued to look at the small Asian woman, but remained silent. He remembered his past battles; the medallion had always given him the edge. "Okay, so I just stay out of her way until this day arrives, but I can tell you this, she'll have one hell of a fight on her hands. So when is this date?"

Franklin finished his beer and set it down on a small wooden table next to him. "December 25th at one minute after midnight. The down side is; she will try to fight you before then, if she does, she will have the upper hand. Only on that day will you be at your strongest."

Franklin rose from his seat, his large form towering over everyone else in the room. With a nod of his head towards Kristine and Laura, he looked at Adam who was leaning against the wall. "Mr. Dawson we have taken up enough of your time and hospitality." Then turned to Kevin. "Kevin, the others will stay close by and help protect you and your family. It would be helpful if you begin to trust their judgment."

"Just as long as they don't get in the way of my vacation or my job," he replied as he stood up and shook Franklin's much larger hand. The two werewolves applied pressure to each other's hand; neither of them flinched.

After Kevin released the older man's hand, he turned to look at Atsuko as she fumbled with her folder full of papers and photos. "Um – can you really read all those symbols on that scroll?"

"Hai."

Kevin reached into his shirt and pulled the Lycanthrope Medallion out into plain sight. He heard the other council members moan in awe as they stared at the ancient artifact. Then he heard the cowboy wanna-be whistle in a low tone of amazement. "I was wondering if you could tell me what it says around the outside, some of the same symbols are on that scroll."

The petite woman bowed and reached out for the medallion. Placing one finger on the bottom and working her way around, she followed the symbols. "At the – no, within the light he will – um – rule. A human will be – um – born again." She placed the medallion back in his hands and bowed as she backed away.

"Do you have any idea what it's supposed to mean," Kevin asked as he tucked it away.

Atsuko didn't know how much information she should give Kevin right away, even though she knew of another clue that spoke of light. The last set of symbols on the scroll referred to triumph being within the light. She decided to keep the information from him, for now at least. "I'm sorry Sir, I don't have an answer for you, but I will try to piece the puzzle together," she replied with a bow.


Well the plot just go more interesting I think. Leave me a comment and let me know what you think. Don't forget to vote and thanks for reading. As you all are aware, not every chapter is going to have a sex scene; even in real life they don't do it that much, do they? LOL.

boneams
boneams
739 Followers