The Chosen One Ch. 04-07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter Seven

Michael led her to the steps of a palace that seemed built of light. It had none of the dark grandeur of the fortresses of the Dukes of Hell. Its very walls and columns glowed in a way that created no glare, nor assaulted her senses as she thought they might. This had to be the holiest of grounds yet she felt no pain, none of the searing discomfort she'd been warned to fear ever since her birth. Indeed, even Michael had told her that setting foot upon the entrance would probably be her first test here in Heaven and he looked at her in surprise when she did not cringe back in terror.

"Nothing." She replied to his raised eyebrow inquiry. "I feel no discomfort. In fact, I feel as though this place is welcoming me home."

Michael fought back the huge smile and sigh of relief that threatened to overwhelm him. Mary's obfuscation had not blinded him to who the girl was, he was, after all, the first among the angels now. A moment of sorrow crossed his mind as he thought about losing his greatest friend through his folly. Perhaps, just perhaps, even that loss might yet be reclaimed and he might again call Heaven's "Most High" his brother. Holding out his hand to the young succubus, he led her up the stairs and into the Lord's temple. Once inside he grinned as her head swiveled this way and that, trying to take in all the sights of the architecture, other angels heading this way and that but taking time to either look at her in awe or smile broadly at Michael who seemed to remain nonplussed.

"Why are the other angels looking at me like that, Michael? Like they know something that I don't. And you know, too. So did that blonde crazy angel. And Lilith knew. What aren't you telling me? Please, Michael..." Lena looked up at the archangel with an earnest plea in her soft brown eyes. Michael looked back at her with sympathy and a bit of sadness.

"Even if I told you, Lena, you would not understand. It will be up to our Lord to reveal your true self and purpose...for all our sakes." Lena noticed that the other angel, Amelia had returned to stand at Michael's side. Her smile was gentle as she asked, "Would you like to meet him now?"

Lena looked down to her plain travel robes and felt the day's cares in her hair and beneath her clothing. Her pride piqued as she looked from Amelia to Michael and back. "Is there time for me to freshen up and change into...something more...appropriate to meet your Lord?" she asked.

"I think you look fine just the way you are." Came a low voice from behind her that seemed to wrap her in its gentleness. She turned, open mouthed to find a very handsome man staring at her with nothing but welcome on his face until his eyes widened and he suddenly grabbed her and pulled her into such an embrace of desperate need and longing and regret that it left her breathless. Her squeak of surprise had him looking at her in consternation until she saw that he realized she didn't recognize him immediately. His face fell somewhat and he lowered her to the ground gently.

"You don't know me, do you?" He asked in that same quiet tenor.

She shook her head but she could see that her negative response was crushing him. Still, no anger sparked in his eyes, nor did he become cold or distant. Instead he took her hand and lifted it to his lips in a more formal greeting.

"I am Jesus of Nazareth."

"You are their Lord," she stated, "the one I am to spend a mortal year with. Will it pass as quickly as it does in The Pit?"

"Does it matter? Do you wish it over so soon?"

"No," she replied, casting her eyes down and away from his own which seemed to want to drink her down as if he was dying of thirst. "I have only just met you and gotten this first glimpse of where I am to be for that time, yet somehow, I don't wish it to end, already."

"You haven't only just..." Jesus started quickly but caught Michael's slight shake of his head where Lena couldn't see and breathed in deeply, not completing his sentence. "I am sorry," he continued. "I'm being a horrible host; would you care to see the rest of my home? Or rest? I'm sure you are travel weary." The Lord's quiet graciousness exerted itself and Lena smiled in response.

"If you'll accompany me, I'd love that," she murmured.

Jesus offered Lena his arm as he turned to the two archangels standing with mute but pleased expressions on their faces. "I'll give her the grand tour and when she tires, I'll show her to her quarters. If you see my mother, would you mind telling her I'd like to see her?"

Michael and Amelia both nodded quietly, bowed slightly, and turned to walk back the way they came. Jesus led Lena away, pointing out the different adornments on the walls of his temple while she looked at him with rapt attention. Michael looked back and smiled. "At least it was a good start," he thought. Amelia punched him lightly on the arm and grinned up at him mirroring his thoughts.

12