The Chosen One Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
boneams
boneams
740 Followers

"Fuck my temper – Sir. To be honest, I hope she does try something in Washington, and I don't care who fucking finds out about me being a werewolf. I'm gonna rip that cunt's heart out and eat it with some steamed veggies!" Kevin was shaking now as the adrenalin raced through his body.

Adam remained seated as he deliberated the idea of bringing Kevin along on the mission. He did have a point about this being a test for the team, and if they were going to succeed, he would need the best SEALs in the world to pull it off as planned.

The senior SEAL stood up slowly, not wishing to tempt fate and increase Kevin's anger. He moved toward the fire pit and picked up the cast iron poker that rested near it. He moved the logs around as sparks danced up into the night sky.

He carefully placed it back down and turned to his point man. "What about the girls? If you go with us, Nadia could still hit them here, which would cause you to force the meeting with her; not to mention piss me off to no end."

"Simple, we will be gone for only a few days. Laura and Kristine can hunker down here with the council members. If she comes by, it's four on one. I, for one, think that with those odds, she has a better chance with just me, not that the outcome will change much in her favor," Kevin replied as he tried to get his anger under control.

**********

The four council members now assembled at the house remained quiet as they either looked out the window, or sat watching the two human females. Jim, always the one to study people rather than talk to them, watched as Kristine tossed back her sixth shot of rum since getting home.

He turned his gaze toward Candrea as she entered the living room. She had a somewhat shocked look on her face as she twisted the cap off her water. "Must not be good by the look on your face and the noise coming from outside. Those two are like stubborn bulls during mating season."

Candrea ignored him as she turned to Laura who was staring at her autographed book, but not really reading it. "Your future husband has a temper. You better be careful around him."

Laura glared hard at the woman. "You're pretty sanctimonious lecturing me, a mere human, about watching one's temper."

Jim had to stifle his laugh as Candrea lowered her head and glared at the woman. He rose from his seat and moved next to Candrea. "Candi, you have to give it to her. She has you pegged like a saloon girl watching a ranch hand belly up to the bar with a wad full of money."

Kevin followed Adam into the room, where they dominated the middle of the area. They looked around at the staring faces and knew that their raised voices had been heard. Adam looked over at his wife as she tossed back another shot and then refreshed her glass. "How are you doing, Kristine? Do I need to run out and pick up another bottle or are you content with what's left in that bottle?

"I think it's safe to say you're not getting any tonight, unless you enjoy fucking women who are passed out."

Adam laughed and knew she just needed to get drunk and pass out. "Since you're in such a good mood, this won't seem such a shock then. I need to inform everyone, there is something that my new team needs to do tomorrow evening. We have to do some private training and we'll be gone for a few days. Given our current situation, I think it would be wise for Laura to stay here with Kristine."

Kristine laughed at him as her shot glass tipped to one side. "Oh sure, go ahead dear, we'll be just fine at home. It's not like some fallen angel is out to gut us like hanging pigs in a slaughter house."

Kevin stepped forward and looked Candrea in the eyes. He could tell she wasn't happy about what was being discussed. "I need you to look after the girls for a few days. For what we have to do, you can't be around. If Nadia follows me, then fine. If she comes here, then it's four on one. If you people can't handle those odds, then what's the use in having a werewolf council in the first place?"

Candrea looked at her charge as if he had just lost his mind. It was one thing to go off and play sailor boy for the day, but quite another to disappear for days with the Dark One lurking about. "You know, you're really a moron for even thinking about this. The fate of humanity is at stake and you want to..."

Kevin's anger exploded as the blond haired beauty chastised him. The council members watched as in just a blink of the eye, Kevin embraced his true self in front of them. The enormous brown werewolf took a step forward, his long pointed ears curled back, sharp talons on display for all to see.

Candrea took a step back and considered the idea of changing and facing the wolf that was in front of her. Eduardo and Atsuko moved quickly to Candrea's side as they looked at the beast as he showed the large teeth that protruded from his muzzle. Kevin could feel the power of the medallion flow through his werewolf form as he stood his ground and kept his eyes on the group in front of him.

Sitting on the couch, Kristine downed another shot and stared at the form in front of her drunken eyes. "Oh look, a really big doggie. Can we keep him?"

The council was ready to change and show the Chosen One they didn't fear him, but their attention was arrested by Laura's moving and standing next to her now very large mate. She ran her small hand down his fur covered back as she gazed at the beast that she loved with all her heart.

Her soft gaze turned to one of understanding as she looked at the three council members facing Kevin. Her eyes locked onto the Australian woman. "You're the Alpha female of the group. I get that, after being with Kevin, I really do get that; but if you ever call my Kevin a moron again, I will find his weapon and put a bullet right between those pretty eyes of yours. Oh sure, the others would tear me apart, but you, my dear, will be a dead woman."

Jim Gordon moved closer to the massive beast that remained in the center of the room. He tipped his hat back as he studied Kevin, and whistled his admiration at the bulging muscles under the brown fur coat. "I gotta tell you guys, I would not want to have to ride this big fucker for eight seconds."

Candrea could tell she had very little choice in the matter put before her. She moved away from the others and sat in the recliner. When she looked back at Kevin, she found he never took his brilliant golden eyes off her. "It's pointless to try and change your mind, so I'm not even going to try. We'll watch your females, but only on one condition; it's non-negotiable."

Adam reached over and pulled the falling bottle out of his wife's hand as she gazed drunkenly at Kevin's form. "He hasn't ripped your throat out yet Candrea, so I take it he's considering it," Adam said as he placed the almost empty bottle on the end table.

Candrea's eyes remained locked with Kevin's. "The medallion stays with us."

Kevin released a low evil growl as he thought of the impetuous woman holding the werewolf world's most prized possession. His massive head turned and looked at the other council members. From the looks on their faces, he could tell they were in agreement with Candrea.

Just as quickly as he had embraced his true self, the human form of Kevin Dvorska slumped to the floor. His torn clothes, now rags of tattered cloth, threatened to fall off his muscular body. The SEAL stood up, but remained defiant to the woman who sat emotionless in the recliner. "Why should I give it you?"

"We separate the lock from the key. If she comes after you before the date, she has the advantage anyway. This way, if she does come after you, she won't claim the medallion. If she comes here, like you said, it's four on one and we have a better chance of protecting it." Her eyes narrowed as she stared back. "Those are my terms. Take it or leave it."

Kevin moved toward the other members. As he stood in front of the three, he pulled the Lycanthrope Medallion free from his body. He held the round artifact with the brilliant red ruby in its center in the palm of his hand. Quickly, he opened the pure silver chain attached to it and slipped it over the head of Atsuko Kaneko. "I'll be wanting that back in a few days."

Atsuko held the medallion and stared in awe as the light danced against the flat facets of the ruby. Her mouth hung open slightly in a silent gasp. "I will protect it with my very life, Sir. I am honored," she breathed as she bowed in reverence to the real owner of the ancient artifact.

Adam walked over and stood in front of Candrea as she continued to stare at Kevin. His voice snapped her out of her thoughts. "Listen, it's only for a few days. After that, you can watch over us all you want. My men and I are going to need to stay out of sight for a few weeks anyway."

Kevin's eyes began to dance back and forth as an idea began to form in his mind. He spun around to look at Laura as she sat next to Kristine who had her head laid back and was now passed out. His head cocked to one side as the idea became stronger in his thoughts.

Adam looked at his friend with a puzzled expression. "What is it, Kev? Senses kick in again?"

"No, I was just thinking of something. I think I know how to throw Nadia off our tracks after the exercise. Well, at least for a little while anyway."

Candrea shook her head as she thought of the different possibilities he could come up with to get himself killed. "Let me guess, it involves you doing something stupid that I will probably disagree with."

Kevin glared at the woman as she stared at him with boldness. "You know something Candrea; you need to get laid. I bet your demeanor will shape right up after that."

"Why you little..." Candrea started to say.

"Stow it, lady." Adam said cutting her off. "What do you have in mind, Kevin?"

"We go to the one place she'll never expect, but we'll need help from a few of our friends in the CIA." Kevin turned to the only person who he thought he could trust in the council. "Atsuko, I'm gonna need some help from you, too, on this one."

Atsuko turned her gaze toward Candrea and watched as she shrugged her shoulders in defeat. "Don't look at me, Atsuko. My opinion doesn't seem to matter anymore. Besides, it seems the Chosen One just demoted me to Beta rank."

The small Asian female bowed slightly and then smiled at Kevin. "I will assist you in any way I can, Sir. Where will you be going?"

"My home."

Adam was shocked at the idea because she would surely look for him in Texas. "That's not going to work. She can track us to Galveston pretty easy, Kevin."

"Wrong home, Adam. I was thinking more along the lines of Predjama Castle."

Candrea gave a small chuckle as the image of the group boarding a plane for Europe entered her mind. "And just how do you plan on getting to Predjama without being followed?"

Kevin began to inform the group of his idea. At one point Adam balked slightly as he listened intently. He knew he would have to call Neil Hawkins to set things in motion, but as the plan unfolded, he soon began to realize it was plausible to pull it off without a hitch.

One point of the plan caused Jim some trepidation. "Partner, you're crazier than a drunken cowboy trying to have showdown with an oncoming train."

Kevin laughed a bit and looked at Adam. "Think Neil can set it up for us?"

The SEAL Commander looked over at his wife as she lay passed out on the couch. He knew she'd be pissed in the morning when she found out, but maybe the thought of going back to Predjama Castle would smooth things over. Then he looked at Laura who nodded her head in agreement. He could tell she was pleased at the idea of escaping without worrying about Nadia.

He turned to his friend and smiled a large smile. "Sounds like fun. This will defiantly be a first for me. I'll call him in the morning and set it up before we meet with the rest of the team."

One day later, 0100 hrs, Fleet Training Center, Dam Neck, Virginia.

On the wall hung a large map of the immediate area around the White House. The map had bright red lines on it, drawing a path to an area between the most secure building in the world and a less secured IRS building. There were also blue circles in the park across the street and along the road next to Freedom Plaza.

Adam placed his long wooden pointer down on the table and stared at his men. They had no expressions, and looked as if they just received a briefing on how to change a tire on a Humvee. "Well, that's it guys. Greg, how's the loading of our gear?"

"Box van is loaded with everything the insertion team will need and the monitoring equipment is loaded in the Chevy."

"Good work, Greg. I hope your toys work. Jack, how's your team?"

Lieutenant Jack Patrick looked at his squad members, and then returned his gaze to the Team Leader. "The BMW is fueled up and we're ready to deploy within moments of arriving at the park."

"Outstanding. Your team will depart right after the meeting, and my team will be approximately one hour behind you," Adam said as he shoved his hands in his jeans. "Remember, gentlemen, in and out with no trace. After the hit, we all scatter in different directions and hang out for a few weeks. Make sure you have people with you that can back you up if anyone questions how long you've been there. We meet back up in two weeks right here in Dam Neck. Are there any questions?"

Mark Wolfhorst shifted in his seat as he wondered if he should speak up or not. Finally, he took a deep breath and let it out slowly. "Just one question, Boss. What if he doesn't use the tunnel to get to the photo shoot?"

That very question had been on Adam's own mind for the last few days. With the added difficulty of not being able to harm the target, he had very few options and even less time. "You and Ross will be at the park in the demonstration. If it appears that he's going to leave the White House the traditional way, report in to control."

Adam looked down at the table. He knew he had to be honest with his team; they had to know the price of failure. "Guys, if we miss him, we're fucked. More than likely, they'll just replace me. Worst-case scenario, we get disbanded and sent back to our original teams."

Jack stood up and shook Adam's hand. "Then I say let's not fuck this up. Protest team, on my ass," he said as he stepped out into the hallway.

I hope everyone enjoyed that one. I would like to thank Ms. Jaz Cullen for lending her superb talent to my story. It was the greatest thrill ever working with you. Please, when you vote and comment, take into account that any mistakes within this chapter are solely mine and do not reflect Ms. Cullen's work.

boneams
boneams
740 Followers