The Chosen One Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
boneams
boneams
739 Followers

The squared neckline framed her lovely face. The corseted silk caressed her curves and the rich red color gave her pale skin a stunning glow. When he saw the cameo choker around her neck, he knew it was Nevanka's dress from the painting. "I – I'm speechless."

Laura genuflected and then smiled at Adam. "Thank you, kind Sir. Kristine thought it would be okay to wear this for the photograph."

"What? Oh right, the photograph." Adam stepped back and held out his arm. "May I escort her majesty to the lower study?"

Laura giggled at his chivalry. "It would be my honor, Sir Adam."

Adam Dawson felt such joy as he led the young woman down the stairs. He had to keep from smiling as he tried to stay in character when he looked over and saw she had her dress gathered up and watching her feet as she descended the stairs. When they reached the bottom, he kissed her softly on the forehead.

Laura smiled, but couldn't understand all the love and emotion the married couple were displaying this afternoon. "You and Kristine are acting weird for just a photograph."

Adam placed his powerful arm around her waist and led her to the study. As they crossed the threshold, Laura saw a Navy chaplain standing at the far end of the room. Kristine stood on one side of him, while Kevin was on the other.

She watched the love of her life turn to her and smile. The scene was too much for her as she felt her knees begin to buckle. Her racing emotions made her weak as she struggled to breathe, then felt Adam's strength keeping her from falling.

She turned her head and looked at Adam, who was smiling back at her with tears in his eyes. "I don't think he's the photographer. Walk with me, Laura, it's my responsibility."

Adam could feel her tremble as they walked in and stood in front of the chaplain. When he looked at the groom, it was the first time he'd ever seen Kevin overcome with so much emotion. He kissed Laura on the cheek and then waited for the wedding to begin.

Navy Chaplain Mark Edwards had performed this ceremony hundreds of times, but he had trouble recalling such a beautiful woman standing before him. "Who gives this woman in marriage today?"

Adam stood proudly as he looked at Edwards. "I do, Sir. Adam Dawson."

The chaplain nodded his head and he passed the bride to Kristine. They hugged each other for a moment and Kristine had to wipe away a small tear as the emotions began to rise within her.

Laura Ericson turned to face her true love. She could hear the chaplain talking but his words drifted off as she gazed into the loving eyes of her soon to be husband. She saw his eyes begin to water and knew he too felt the power of love within his heart.

"...and not just as husband and wife, but as friends that share a bond between God. Trust in his guidance and in each other, for life is a gift that he shares with all of us. Kevin has told me he wished for you two to share your vows with each other."

The chaplain turned to the bride. "Laura Marie Ericson. Do you give yourself to this man of your own freewill?"

Her emotions were reaching the tipping point, her ability to speak almost nonexistent. The radiant bride shook her head yes, as she felt the weakness in her knees growing.

Mark Edwards smiled as he thought back to how many times the participants were choked speechless with emotion. He turned to the groom. "Kevin Luke Dvorska. Do you give yourself to this woman of your own freewill?"

Kevin cleared his throat and tried to push down the rising lump. "Yes Sir, of my own freewill." Kevin was happy that his voice cracked only a bit.

The chaplain reached out and placed his hand on the young man's shoulder. "Then you may speak your vows to your bride, my son."

Kevin looked at the beautiful woman standing before him. Her eyes filled with the bright tears of happiness held at bay. Reaching into his pocket, he pulled out the slip of paper with his words of love on it. "My dearest Laura, we each have traveled a long, difficult road, but we have finally found each other. My heart is full of joy that today is our wedding day."

Kevin paused as he looked down at the words he thought he wanted to say. He allowed the paper to drop to the floor and noted the confusion on the faces of his dearest friends. "I've always said that my special gift was some kind of a curse. That first moment when I touched you, I was sure that it was warning me about you. It was warning me, warning me to never let you go, to never stop giving you all the love in my heart.

As he spoke his tender words, Laura's eyes began to overflow. His heart swelled and he knew then, that all he had to do was speak that which was in his very soul. "Because of our pasts, our bond is stronger than any person can imagine. I think back to my ancestors and marvel at how strong they must have been to take their own leap of faith. Today, I am not just marrying my wife; I am joining with my soul mate and I am looking forward to traveling down a path that will be filled with love, caring, and tenderness."

Laura gasped softly, trying to hold back the tears and fight the growing tightness she now felt in her throat. She reached behind her and grabbed her maid of honor's hand, searching for the strength to keep from falling apart. She blinked, trying to regain her focus on the man she loved more than life itself.

Kevin reached out to softly wipe away some of the tears that now streamed silently down his lover's face. "I offer you my history, with its pride and its regret; my future, walking with you wherever we go. I make a promise now to God that I will spend my life dedicated to making every moment of our lives together special. If I could beg him for one last wish before I go, it would be to give my dying breath to you."

Adam reached up, wiping his now wet face as he watched over Kevin's shoulder. He couldn't restrain his feelings when he saw both women lose their own battle and begin to softly sob.

Kevin took Laura's hand and slid the ring onto her finger. He continued to hold it gently as he looked into her moist eyes. "This ring not only represents our marriage, but is a symbol of my dedication to you; my soul mate for life. On this day, I give you my heart, my solemn promise that I will walk with you, hand in hand, wherever our journey leads us – living, learning, and loving together forever.

The chaplain turned slightly and smiled at the trembling young woman. "Laura, would you like to say your vows?"

Kristine took the bride's hand and placed the gold band that Nevanka had given to her husband almost a hundred years ago on this very day in it. No power on earth could stop the tears that ran freely down her soft face.

Laura Marie Ericson took her lover's left hand and looked into his eyes. She trembled as her feelings engulfed her and her throat tightened. "I – love – you." Her words were soft, but her cracking voice prevented her speaking further.

The chaplain waited for her to continue, and when he saw she didn't have the ability to go on, he smiled at the amount of love these two had for each other. "Well said, Laura."

He looked at the other two people in the room as they quickly wiped their faces. "Is there anyone here who has reasons why these two should not be joined today?" He paused briefly, but already knew the answer. "Then, by the power invested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss your bride."

Kevin stepped forward and gently kissed Laura on the lips. As they touched, he felt her tremble and wrapped his powerful arms around his wife. The emotions that had been kept at bay now broke free as she openly sobbed against his muscular chest.

"Ladies and Gentleman, it is my distinct honor to present to you, Mr. and Mrs. Kevin Dvorska."

Adam and Kristine rushed in and hugged the newlyweds. Kristine wept as she, too, lost the battle of control, while Adam brushed his own tears way. The group hug separated and Laura wrapped her slender arms around her maid of honor. The two women cried happy tears against one another.

Kevin turned to Adam and shook his hand in thanks as he felt his team leader pull him in closer and hug him tightly. "Outstanding job, Shipmate!"

Kevin's voice cracked with emotion as he held his friend. "Thanks for being here, Adam. It really means a lot to me."

The friends released each other and Adam walked over to Laura. He hugged her softly and then held her back a little. "As best man, it's my job to give the bride the next kiss." He leaned down to the lovely petite woman and gently kissed her lips. "Congratulations, Mrs. Dvorska."

Kristine walked over and grabbed her camera and began taking snapshots of the group. She motioned for Kevin to stand next to his wife and she pushed the button repeatedly as she moved around the study. When she saw Laura wipe her now stained makeup, she smiled at her. "Don't worry, Laura, we'll get dressed up again tomorrow and take some more. Your makeup is a bit smudged."

Laura laughed and smiled with happiness. "You could use a touch up here and there yourself, Mrs. Dawson."

The chaplain bid farewell to the group as Kristine walked quickly out of the room to the kitchen. Kevin and Laura were still hugging each other when she returned with a large silver tray and four glasses of cold champagne.

After passing out the flutes of cold liquid, she raised her glass. "To Mr. and Mrs. Kevin Dvorska, may they find peace in each other's arms and love in each other's hearts."

Kevin took a small drink and looked at his wife. She was looking at the glass with a hint of doubt. "I don't think our baby will mind if you have one sip on your wedding day, Mrs. Dvorska."

The young bride brought the flute to her lips and took a drink. After lowering the glass, she smiled at her husband. "Wow, I almost forgot how good that tastes, but I think I'll stop at one sip."

Adam took another drink and then set his glass down. "Ladies and Gentleman, this calls for a celebration! I recommend that we escort the newlyweds to the town of Predjama."

Laura set her champagne down and looked at the smiling group. "I have to change first. I promised Nevanka I wouldn't damage her dress." She gathered her dress and walked to the stairs. "I'll be right back."

Kristine kissed her husband and then turned to follow her friend. "I think I better go fix my face. I'll just save this look for Halloween. I'll be back in a jiffy."

Adam turned to face his friend and fellow SEAL. He looked at his watch and then back to Kevin. "Well that means we have a few hours to kill. More champagne, little buddy?"

Kevin walked to the entrance of the lower study. "I'll take point, Commander."

Just outside the castle, almost two hours later.

A small group of tourists stood just beyond the thick poles that barred the path that led to the castle. The large sign that hung from the poles indicated that no visitors were allowed past the gate.

There was a rather large gentleman who stood behind a much smaller woman as she snapped away with her camera. Their young son, who had one hand on the pole, while he held a large plastic sword in the other, looked at the outside of the castle with youthful amazement.

The small woman turned to her husband and snapped a few more pictures. "I know, you're bored, but I just wanted a few more photos before we leave."

The male tourist adjusted the knight's cloak that hung loosely from his arm. He still didn't know why his wife insisted on buying silly souvenirs. It was going to be difficult enough as it was to pack for the trip home. "I thought you got enough photos of the castle last week?"

The couple turned with the other tourists when four people walked out of the castle. There was a stocky man with brown hair who was spinning a petite dark haired woman, while an equally stocky man checked the large wooden door to the stone structure.

The small boy with them turned to look at his mother. "I thought the castle was closed, Mommy."

"It is, sweetheart. They're probably just some of the play actors that work at the castle."

Kevin had his muscular arm around his wife as they strolled happily away from his ancestral home. He bent his head down and kissed her softly as he watched her play with her wedding band.

Pulling her tighter against him, he looked up and saw a small crowd of people standing at the closed gates. "Okay, now I feel bad about having the castle closed."

Adam held hands with his own wife as they walked next to the newlyweds. "I have a feeling the wedding wouldn't have come off as good as it did with a tour going on at the time."

Kevin was about to lead the group around the gates when a female voice caught his attention. "Excuse me, Sir. I was wondering when the castle will be open again."

Kevin turned to see a small woman eagerly looking at him. "Um – about two weeks, Miss. They're – um – doing some renovating to improve the tours."

The woman's face took on a quizzical look as she stared at the Navy SEAL. Suddenly, her face lit up in surprise. "Oh my goodness! You must be that model who posed for that painting inside," she gasped as she began taking more pictures.

Kristine laughed as Kevin started to blush slightly. "Why yes he is, Ma'am. If you have something to write with, I'm sure he'd be honored to give you an autograph." She slapped him in the arm and smiled. "Go on, Kevin, it's the least you can do to make them happy."

Kevin reluctantly let go of his wife and walked toward the tourist as she searched her purse. When she pulled her empty hand out, he thought he had gotten off the hook about giving an autograph.

The woman had a big smile on her face as she yanked the cloak off her husband's arm. "Oh please, Sir, I have a better idea. Put this on and could you pretend to Knight my son? That would make some great pictures."

Kevin shot the tourist a dumbfounded look as the little boy ducked under the poles. He turned to look at the giggling women of the wedding party, and Kristine shoed him on with her hand. "Tour guide's motto. Make the visitors happy."

Kevin was about to flip her off when he remembered there were others around. He turned around, took the cloak from the woman, and draped it over his shoulders. He smiled down at the young boy as he handed him the plastic sword. "What is your name, young squire?" Kevin tried to deepen his voice to sound more regal.

"It's Benny, Sir. Benny Arnold." The small child's face was beaming with excitement.

Kevin could hear more cameras going off next to him as he looked over at his wedding party. Both Kristine and Laura were snapping away, then he looked at Benny. "Take a knee, Squire Benny."

The small boy knelt down on one knee and looked up at the rightful heir to Predjama Castle. Kevin placed the side of the sword on his shoulder and smiled. "Do you swear to protect the realm of Predjama and all who dwell here?"

"Oh yes, Sir. I cross my heart!"

"Will you use your sword of valor to fight evil and protect your King?"

The little boy was so happy he couldn't stop smiling. "Yes, your majesty. Anyone who storms the castle, I'll punch them right in the nose."

Kevin couldn't help but laugh at the images flashing through his mind. "Then arise, Sir Benny, and move among your loyal subjects."

Benny stood up quickly and grabbed his sword, while Kevin returned the cloak. He turned around and saw the small child holding the plastic sword in a defensive manner as if guarding the castle from invaders.

The mother waved her hand at the now brave Knight. "Come on, Benny. You can protect the castle on this side of the gates."

The two SEALs and their wives continued their short walk toward Crook's Creek Pub. Kristine put the cameras in a small bag she had brought with her and smiled lovingly at Kevin. "Kevin, that was a very nice thing you did for that boy. He'll remember that forever."

"Yeah, but let's hope I don't have to do that again. If this keeps up, I'll have to lock myself away in the bedroom."

Laura hugged her husband and giggled. "Who said you weren't going to get locked up in the bedroom anyway?"

Maybe it was the happy mood everyone was in, or the fact that he had finally married his one true love, but in no time, they were nearing the pub. Kevin saw the young barmaid, Alina, peeking out the bat wing doors, so he failed to notice the slight nod of Adam's head.

When Kevin did glance over at Adam, he saw he had a slight frown on his face. "What's the matter Adam? It's my wedding day; you're not allowed to be unhappy."

"Oh it's nothing Kevin. I just wish I could have done more for you today."

Kevin felt the pride of true friendship as he looked upon his Commanding Officer. "Adam, having you with me, walking my soul mate down the aisle, is more than I could have ever asked for."

Adam held Kristine back a bit and allowed the newlyweds to enter first. Kristine gave him a puzzled look as he hesitated. When Kevin and Laura were a few feet in front of them, he guided his wife in behind them.

Kevin pushed the doors open and the couple stepped through. Suddenly, loud applause greeted them and they stared in astonishment at the standing people clapping and wildly cheering. Kevin glanced around the room and saw a corner table that was decorated with bright blue and white streamers and balloons. Above the table on the wall was a large sign that read 'Congratulations'.

Alina came rushing up and gave Laura a hug as Kevin turned to see a smiling Adam Dawson. "Why you son of..."

Adam held his hand up to stop his friend. "Now, now, watch your language in front of youngsters," he said as he nodded toward Alina.

Kevin quickly reached out and shook Adam's hand as he found himself tearing up again. "How did you pull this off, Adam? You were at the castle with me the whole day."

"Remember when I paid the tab last night after you took the girls outside? Well, I sort of let a certain someone know that two of my dearest friends were getting married today." Adam extended his powerful hand and indicated to Alina who was patiently waiting to hug the groom.

Kevin swiftly moved to her and picked her up off her feet in a huge hug. The young woman could only grab him around the neck as she dangled from his arms. After a few moments, he released her and smiled graciously. "Alina, I don't think my wife and I could have ever planned a more lovely reception."

She blushed and looked at the couple. "Oh please, Sir, it was my pleasure. I'm so happy for the both of you." She then turned slightly and gestured to the corner. "I believe your wedding table is ready to receive you, Sir."

Mr. and Mrs. Dvorska walked hand in hand toward the decorated table. As they passed the other patrons, they had to reach out with their free hands and shake the ones that were constantly extended to them. After finally reaching the table, Kevin pulled Laura's seat out for her, as Adam did the same for his own lovely wife.

Kristine kissed him softly and then cupped his face. "I can't believe you were able to keep that from me all day."

Adam leaned closer to her. "I'm the Commanding Officer of a SEAL team that doesn't exist. I can keep a secret, my darling."

Alina came up to the wedding party and set down a silver tray. On it was a large silver bucket and a bottle of champagne with three tall glass flutes. After passing the glasses out, she reached behind the iced down bucket and produced another champagne flute, but this one was already filled.

She placed the cold glass in front of Laura and beamed happily. "I know you don't drink Mrs. – um..."

"Dvorska. Mrs. Kevin Dvorska." Laura clapped her hands and smiled with joy. "Oh I love the way that sounds."

"Oh it does sound lovely, Mrs. Dvorska. It's okay to have this though. It's nonalcoholic champagne."

After Alina left, Laura turned to her husband. "Now it's my turn to feel bad about the way I acted last night, especially after what she's done for us today."

boneams
boneams
739 Followers