The Chosen One Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
boneams
boneams
739 Followers

"I wouldn't let it get to you, sweetheart. You know you're the only one I'm going to make love to." Kevin said as he popped the champagne.

She swooned with pride as she watched her husband pour the cold liquid into the flutes. "That's right, and I'm going to keep you very busy with that."

Kevin placed the bottle back in the ice bucket and looked with feigned bewilderment at his wife. "So that's the way it's going to be. Husbands are just good for sex now, huh?"

Kristine and Laura looked at each other quickly and then both the women turned to smile an evil smile at Kevin. "Yes," they chimed in together.

Kevin was about to respond, when clinking, tinkling sound surrounded them, forcing him to look out into the crowd. He saw everyone smiling and tapping their silverware on the side of their glasses. Then his eyes caught sight of the same blonde woman who had stared at them the previous night.

She did not tap her glass like the others, but instead, looked at the newlyweds as if she was disgusted at just having to be in the same room with them. Kevin turned away, determined not to let her disheartened attitude ruin his wedding day. "I think they want me to make a toast, Adam. To be honest, I think I shot my wad on the wedding vows. Would you do the honors?"

Adam pushed his chair back and stood up. He raised his hand to quiet the clinking glasses, then noticed Alina happily clapping her hands. Her youthful smile somehow gave him the courage to try and at least match the wedding vows.

He picked up his champagne and turned to the patrons. "I'm sure this is the last thing you expected when you walked in today. On behalf of the wedding party, I would like to thank, Alina, for putting together a very memorable moment." The group started clapping as Alina blushed brightly and then bowed in thanks.

Adam turned to the man who he had called his friend for the past few years. "To my friend, Kevin, I remember the first time I saw you when you marched into my office. You were so eager to prove yourself that I almost didn't give you the chance. It has been my distinct honor to have been proven wrong." Kevin had to look away as he remembered the ass chewing he had gotten as he had dripped sweat on his team leader's carpet.

"We've been through a lot, you and I. I guess it's kind of like wedding vows, for better or worse as they always say. Today, you have taken the hand of a very special woman, and it is for better or worse. I can truly say this, my brother in arms; this has been a very long time coming and I know how long you two have searched for each other."

Laura now had a small tear running down her face as she thought of her father speaking the words that her friend now said. Then she realized that maybe somehow, God had chosen him to be her surrogate father, and the tears soon flowed freely down her soft face.

Adam locked eyes with his friend; a werewolf who had taken a chance on love, a chance at a normal life. "There is but one wish I have for the both of you; enjoy the journey, you never know where it will lead you."

Adam turned to the other patrons. "To Mr. – and finally – Mrs. Dvorska."

Everyone took a sip and then began clapping wildly as they watched the newlyweds share a kiss. Adam kissed his own wife, then looked over to see the jumping and clapping barmaid who had made it all happen. He raised his glass to her and bowed slightly.

When Alina saw the gesture, she grabbed the sides of her long brown skirt and curtsied in acknowledgement to the silent thanks from Adam Dawson. She was beaming with pride as she picked up her tray and went around serving the customers who had joined the impromptu wedding reception.

Kevin lifted his glass in a small toast to Adam. "I promise to try my best to live up to what you just said."

Kristine kissed her husband and then looked at him with a small pout. "You never said anything like that at our wedding."

Adam chuckled at the thought of how nervous he was during their wedding. "It's because I was so startled at your elegance, that I found it hard to even breathe, much less speak."

Kristine patted his hand. "Good answer. You get a brownie point for that one."

The two couples laughed and began talking about how life would change now that they were married. There was a baby to think about and Kristine started throwing out ideas of a baby shower. The two women prattled on about all the things they might need when baby Dvorska entered the world.

Adam and Kevin were occupied with reminiscing about their first meeting and how impressed Adam was with Kevin's ability to detect danger in the field. "You know, the first meeting and test mission would have gone a lot smoother if you would have just told me about your gift from the start."

Kevin laughed hard at his comment. "Oh, you mean smooth like the way you and Kristine handled it in the castle that first time? Wait, I know; smooth like when Laura found out. Oh yeah, I could see how that could have gone smoother." Kevin started laughing hard as he remembered the screams of terror from the people with whom he had shared his secret.

Their conversation was cut short when a rather chubby, older man stepped up to the table. The group smiled at him and began to wonder why Alina was hiding behind him. He smiled at Adam and Kristine, then nodded his head towards the now married couple. "Alina wanted to give you two just a small sampling of her baking skills."

He moved to the side and the group watched a smiling Alina set a platter down on the table. On it was a round cake with fresh green apples decorating its top. Lying on the side was a large silver serving knife. "I didn't have time to make a real wedding cake. I hope that at least this apple torte is to your liking."

Laura felt the emotion rise in her heart once again. She turned to Kevin and could tell he felt the same way as well. "I – I don't..."

"Please, Mrs. Dvorska, accept this as my wedding gift." She leaned down and whispered to Kevin who was trying to keep his own tears at bay. "Just don't give any to the old witch in the corner that keeps pestering me," she said with laugh.

Kevin looked over and saw that the blonde woman was now running her finger around the top of the wine glass and staring intently at them. Looking back to Alina, he smiled. "You have my word, not a crumb."

As Laura began cutting up the apple torte, Kevin started passing around the plates. Once everyone had a piece, Laura scooped up a small bit on her fork and moaned in pleasure as the taste of caramelized apples and sugar delighted her taste buds. "Oh my God. This is so yummy."

Kristine shook her head and finished chewing. "Holy cow! This girl has a life in the bakery business."

The two couples finished off their individual plates and then each in turn moaned their approval. With the champagne now gone, and their bellies full, Kevin looked at his wife. "This has been a very memorable evening. Would you permit me to escort you home?"

Laura giggled with happiness. "Yes you may, Sir; just don't get any funny ideas when we get there."

Kevin motioned for Alina and then smiled at his wife. "Isn't that the pot, calling the kettle black?"

As Alina stood at the side of the table, Kevin reached into his pocket and pulled out his wallet. "Alina, I believe you have outdone yourself. How much do we owe you?" he said as he opened the leather wallet.

Once again, the youngster blushed and waved her hand. "Actually, Sir, not a thing. The torte is my gift and the rest of the patrons have chipped in to cover your bill." She placed her hands on the table and giggled at the wedding party. "There was even enough left over for a really good tip."

Kevin couldn't let her go without at least thanking her for a memorable moment and pulled out two fifty dollar bills. He took her hand and placed the money in her open palm, then closed her fingers over them. "Then consider this a donation to the Alina Bakery Fund."

The young girl looked like she would start crying and then picked up the leftover torte. "I – I don't – I'll go wrap this up so you can have it later," she said, but then quickly turned and stared at the couple. "That is if you don't find anything else to do." She was giggling all the way to the kitchen.

She walked into the kitchen and began wrapping the left over torte so the newlyweds could take it home. "Oh I'm so happy that you had fun on your wedding night." Suddenly, her eyes transformed to the color of coal as she gave a soft laugh. "Because it will be your last night on earth, oh Chosen One."

I truly hope you enjoyed the wedding. Just remember, if you cried happy tears, I'm not apologizing. Oh, and look here, it's not the blonde – imagine that. Don't forget to vote and let me know how I did. Chapter 9 is right around the corner.

boneams
boneams
739 Followers