The Circle Ch. 13

Story Info
Apologies, wishes, and babies.
3.3k words
4.78
20.4k
13

Part 13 of the 52 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 11/22/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 13 - Apologies, wishes, and babies

Willow Mendez knocked on the door of the large home. This was her second visit. It was Saturday and another warm day, almost nine months after whatThe Couriernewspaper internally called the Atkins Incident - an unfortunate set of events that ended up costing the paper several million dollars. She'd parked on the street and walked up the long driveway because she didn't want to impose on the people living there. There were many cars parked in the garages and spacious carport.

Zoey opened the front door. "May I help you?" She didn't recognize the smartly dressed and trim Hispanic woman in her mid-thirties, but could tell she was neither a religious crusader nor a sales person hawking goods. The Ferragamo shoes were a tip-off.

"My name is Willow Mendez. I used to work forThe Courier, and I wanted to just speak with Matt Saddler and Nathan Pocher, if they still live here. I won't be long, and I promise that nothing bad will happen as a result of this visit. I met them a year ago, and just needed to say something to them - to apologize personally for what happened."

Zoey had stiffened and gone on guard at what the woman had said, especially mention ofThe Courier. She said in a stilted tone, "Come in, and I'll get them for you." The pair stepped into the living room, and Zoey gestured to a chair for the visitor. Willow stiffly sat.

Zoey left and a few minutes later reappeared with Matt and Nathan behind her. They were all casually dressed as befitted a Saturday in the summer. Zoey hung back to listen. Tracy suddenly appeared next to her.

Willow rose from her seat and snapped stiffly to attention. "Thank you for seeing me Mr. Saddler and Mr. Pocher." Her voice had a tremor in it betraying her nervousness; the corners of her mouth twitched in uncertainty.

Matt cordially said, "It's Matt and Nathan. I remember you." The two sat opposite Willow's chair on the sofa after getting her to sit again with a gesture.

Willow got tears in her eyes and choked up slightly. "I'm here ... to apologize. I know you won the court case and all of that, but I couldn't live with myself any longer without talking to you personally about what Dean Atkins did. I feel partially responsible for bringing him here, and getting him involved in this story."

Willow went on, "First, and please believe me, I knew nothing of the drone use or film when we came here to interview you about what happened at the convenience store; well, nothing until Dean pulled his phone out and showed you part of the video. When Dean asked that question about your lifestyle, I was shocked. When I learned of his use of the drone, I knew the newspaper was in for some deep and expensive lawsuits. Unfortunately that day, I was shocked to the point that I couldn't speak - to get him to shut up. I'd never been in a situation like that; I didn't know what to do or how to cope."

She continued, "I thought you responded well to his question, given the terrible situation he'd just put you in. I couldn't have done any better, and I know most of the facts now."

Willow continued, "When we got back to the paper that day Dean wrote the article about the shooting and hold-up as I'd requested. He'd written a number of paragraphs at the end, even going into explicit sexual detail about what he'd videoed with the drone. The piece came to me for final editing, and I struck out all the offensive ones. Fortunately, as you'll see in a minute, there was a record of that." She pulled per large purse open, and took out a sheaf of papers. It was the original article printed out, including a number of edits in red.

Willow turned to the next to last page. From the end of the story on the robbery every paragraph had been deleted with Willow's initials as the editor.

Matt read the paragraphs. "Wow. I'm glad these didn't get printed. They describe the people in the room, the specific acts taking place, the change of partners, everything. This is sexually explicit material. The paper would have gotten busted just for printing this."

Willow said, "I thought the article left my desk for layout without any of the offensive paragraphs, but something happened on the way. Dean got hold of my edits striking the offensive paragraphs, and reinserted the one that made it into the final print copy - and, of course, the online version. I didn't know about the change he made in the article copy until the next morning. I was livid, and insisted that he be fired."

"My boss, the editor in chief argued with me until I pointed out the liability about how that part of the news story had been gotten through illegal means - the drone. He wanted to think about what to do with Dean.The Courier got the lawsuit that afternoon, and the injunction on the online video was granted and Dean refused to comply; Dean was instantly fired."

Matt shook his head. "Willow, it's all water under the bridge now. I guess Atkins is gone, and you said you used to work forThe Courier. What happened?"

Willow said in a sad tone, "I quit over the paper's ethics in this situation. I went to work for WWLX-TV in their news department. Fortunately, the stigma of what happened at the paper didn't follow me. As for Atkins, the news industry is a small, tight-knit group of people. His dirty deeds became known widely, including what he costThe Courier, and no one will hire him. He's still unemployed as far as I know. Last I knew, he moved to Chicago."

Nathan said with obvious sensitivity, "Your coming here to apologize and explain took a lot of courage. Thank you for that."

Willow nodded and stood, obviously with intent to leave.

Sheila appeared at the arch from the kitchen with a tray. "I brought coffee and cookies for everyone. Fresh baked too." She smiled at the group. Others in the house had heard the apologies and knew of the effort that it took Willow Mendez to appear under such circumstances.

Matt gestured, "Please sit, Willow. Don't rush off. You're forgiven. I can see how this whole thing upset you, and believe me, we're past it, especially as far as you are concerned now that we have the background." He gestured at the printed original article.

Zoey said in a friendlier tone, "What's it like to work in television news?"

Willow relaxed slightly and let herself be interviewed about her job, and enjoyed a cup of coffee. Others in the house came and went, and soon Willow had met the twelve live-ins as well as Michelle and Don, who'd come by to pick-up Monica for a family function in the nearby city.

After an hour, Willow said, "I ... this is kind of awkward ... but I've never visited a plural family before. You are all so marvelous together. I can feel the caring and love between each of you, even your kindness in how you're all treating me. This seems like such a peaceful and harmonious home, and there is a spiritual flow to this place."

Bob said, "A few years back I read about a constellation of friends. We modified it to lovers, and built this intentional family around that concept. If you're wed to the idea of monogamy or exclusivity we're not the place for you. If you believe you can love more than one person in mind, body, and spirit, and if you believe consenting adults can do what they want about sex, then this is the place to be." He explained about the constellation and where he'd read about it.

Willow stared at Bob a long time, and then said in a soft voice with only the hint of a Spanish accent, "That's amazing. You're living your philosophy. What if someone believed what you believe ... and wanted to be in this place?"

"Do you?" Bob asked, holding her gaze. In the seconds that their eyes locked together a nearly infinite amount of information passed between the pair.

Some people believe that each of us has an aura extending out from our body. When our auras intersect a subtle communication takes place - a sharing of the most intimate parts of one's mind and soul. Recognizing the communications, one can boost the amount of information shared, until a total sharing of selves takes place in only a fraction of a second. Some call the result gut instinct about someone, or chalk the feelings up to body language, for others they're sure that something much deeper occurred.

In the seconds that Bob and Willow became locked together in mind and spirit, a tremendous sharing of information, opinion, dreams, wishes, and fantasies took place, along with all the nuances of their personalities and feelings about the other.

In an almost inaudible voice she said, "I do." Willow's eyes got all glassy, but she looked every person in the eye one-by-one and all anyone saw was her sincerity and her unlimited capacity to love. The room danced with the joyous vibrations from the meetings of like-minded souls.

Matt calmly observed, "We've never been approached like this by a stranger."

Alex said, "Each of us arrived here with some kind of sponsor who was already in The Circle and who knew us." He looked over at Alice affectionately.

Alice said to the group and Willow, "None of us should move too fast, including you Willow. We need to date each other, and see if the rest of the chemistry that appears to be there can be trusted." She paused and turned to Willow. "I have to ask this, but did you see the video from the drone? Were you at all put off by any part of it?"

Willow nodded slowly. "I thought it was so hot, and I wanted to be in the middle of it all, doing everything, with everybody." Her voice was soft and hesitant.

"You're bisexual?"

"I've never been with a woman before, but I don't find the idea at all objectionable."

"And you wouldn't mind having multiple sexual partners - of both sexes - sometimes at the same time?"

Willow smiled slightly and in a husky tone said, "I can't wait." As Alice and the others had talked, she'd felt the wetness between her legs. The whole idea of this living and loving arrangement was turning her on.

Alice laughed. "Sweetheart, come with me. You too Matt, and ... let me see ... Kyle, why don't you join us too."

Willow looked worried, but Alice whispered to her, "Don't worry. You don't have to do anything you don't want to do."

Willow said, "Oh, that's not my problem. It's just that I will struggle to make the three of you happy with your choice." She paused and looked at the others, "Thank you so much. This is a dream come true in so many ways."

* * * * *

Willow opened up like a precious flower to The Circle in the following weeks, as they did to her. The love affair was mutual, and it was fun to have someone stimulating all the NRE - New Relationship Energy - again. Willow floated around on Cloud Nine, and carried everyone with her.

Willow was divorced, because things just weren't working out. Her ex had taken the money and run. She filed for and received a no-fault, uncontested divorce. The thirty-three year old came with one unique situation that called for a lot of discussion and role-play within The Circle.

Willow wanted a baby. Her biological clock was ticking, and she didn't want to wait much longer. So long as she loved the person, she didn't care who the father was, and might not even want to know given the open sexuality within the group. That availed her of seven men in The Circle if we approved. She made sure we knew that she would not violate the situation by a surprise pregnancy unless everyone approved of it.

Willow also was a hot and wild lover, and never failed to voice just what she felt in a lovemaking session. As she got to know us, she lost her inhibitions not only about fucking in public - meaning the living room or family room, but also about doing group things with multiple people, such as eating Tracy while Alex fucked her from behind and Nathan waited his turn. She had a fantastic set of Kegel muscles too, and knew how to work them to please each male.

A chat between Monica and Jim reflected the typical side discussion about the wished for pregnancy.

Jim said, "I guess it'll be inevitable that we want children someday. I never thought of a particular age or timeframe, so this seems sort of sudden. What about you? When were you thinking it'd be right to have a baby?"

Monica said, "I guess sometime between now and age thirty-five. Somehow that upper age seems like the outside limit. That would mean I'd be in my early fifties as they went off to college. I sure wouldn't want to be any older."

"If you did it now, you'd be in your mid-forties, sort of like your mother. Doesn't that seem better?"

"Yes, but I don't want to mess up The Circle. If we all start popping babies out we'll become a giant nursery with a lot of frustrated adults around. We're all so spontaneous about sex, and I don't want to lose that."

"Aren't there things we could do to keep that element in our relationships even if we have kids around? Besides being oversexed, we're all creative people. I can think of dozens of ways to do this."

Monica shifted, "What about Alice? She's right there at thirty-five now. What does she want to do?"

"I haven't talked to her. The only other older woman is Michelle - your mother."

Monica laughed, "And I don't think she wants any more children. My God, we'd end up raising her kids if she did get pregnant. I can't imagine being in my sixties and raising a teenager."

Jim persisted, "Is there an optimal time?"

Monica kissed her companion, "When it happens is always optimal."

Bob finally called everyone together one Sunday evening. "This is a meeting to debate the request from our newest member for a baby. Willow, do you want say anything or explain anything?"

Willow stood in front of the mantel and looked at everyone. She was so sexy and so serious. She explained that she felt deep inside her that she wanted this. It was emotional, and not rational. She didn't make promises about how to raise the baby, or that she'd keep it out of everyone's way. She hinted that this was of paramount importance to her, and that she'd reluctantly look elsewhere for a father and lover, but she didn't want to because she'd found a home with all of us. She cried at the thought of leaving, but The Circle could all see that she was torn in multiple directions.

Bob called on each person. The first several he called on had been primed with all the arguments in favor of, and another with all the negatives of a baby or babies in the house. He then called on each person in turn after that.

When everyone had spoken, he asked whether we should vote. He suggested a secret ballot.

Tracy shook her head and stood. "No! This is where we have open, direct, and honest communication with each other. We should not do a secret ballot. That's a cop out. We're supposed to be role models to each other and to the world. The one argument that no one raised is that the perfect poster for a polyamorous family is one that has a child or children on it. We are a loving group, and loving groups create children - happy children that are loved like no other."

Tracy said firmly, "I think we should each state their final vote. One negative vote, and I think we stop there."

Willow looked shocked and worried about Tracy's confrontational recommendation, but no one argued with her. If anything, most agreed by nodding or making approving noises.

Bob started, "OK, Tracy, what is your vote?"

"I want Willow to stay with us, and I want her to be happy. If a child will help do that, then I wholeheartedly support her. I will gladly be a surrogate mother for her child - for any child any of us have. I vote yes."

"Alex?"

"Yes. I miss my children from my marriage and don't see them much at all. This might give me a chance to play daddy within my new family."

"Ellie."

"Yes. When my turn comes, I hope it's not so controversial."

"Alice?"

"Yes. I know the age thing has come up, and my name along with it. I am at that age, and I don't think it'll be too long from now when I am where Willow is, maybe within this year? So be prepared."

"Matt?"

"Yes. I'm ready on all counts."

Bob continued around The Circle, and came back to Willow. She had tears streaming down her face as the tension of the last vote broke. She sobbed into her hands. Sheila went to her and cradled her to her body in love, and patted her back.

Willow gasped out, "Thank you everybody. This is so special." And then she was sobbing again. The women gathered around her, and in other settings the men might have left, but they stayed too, and offered encouraging words and tried to help ease the tension. Someone brought out some champagne and we all toasted the new and improved Circle.

A brief discussion followed about whether we needed a meeting like the one we'd just had for each future child. Bob asked if there was anybody that thought we did. The silence in the living room was startling. Tracy started to applaud, and soon everyone else joined in.

Later in the evening, after things had quieted down, Bob came and invited Willow to be his 'Sleep Partner.' A new terminology had developed in The Circle, and this was one of the terms that said, 'I love you; please spend the night with me. I want to make you happy.' No one else in the room blinked an eye as the pair went off together.

Willow didn't conceive for three months, but when she did she got a glow about her that was hard to dismiss.

Willow had become the local news anchor for WWLX-TV, and the glow from her pregnancy even showed up on TV screens across the area. Her fan mail increased, and many women identified the glow correctly before she made it public.

Because she was a media personality many in The Circle thought she should have a specific Willow said she'd think about it since all the men volunteered to be considered as the official father and all had been with her during her fertile period. Everyone laughed, and knew the designation on a piece of paper wouldn't make any difference to The Circle, but it might to some segment of the public.

The Circle found humor in the way society had changed. It was acceptable to be a single mother. It was acceptable to be unmarried parents. Only a few years previously, either of these states was unacceptable to a large portion of the country's population.

Alice conceived a few weeks after Willow discovered her pregnancy.