The Circle of Love

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

**********

Elizabeth crept into Allison's room. She looked like a little angel sleeping. She bent over and kissed her on the forehead. "Night, my angel", Elizabeth said softly. Allison stirred and opened her eyes. "Hi momma", she whispered back. "Is it still snowing?"

"No, I think it's stopped." Allison's momma replied.

"I like the snow." Allison said half asleep.

"I know." Said Elizabeth

"You and J.J. were gone a long time. Did you have fun?" Allison's question startled Elizabeth.

"Uhm.. why... yes... we had a nice talk." She replied.

"All you did was talk?" Murmured Allison.

"Just talked. Go back to sleep, baby." Elizabeth said stroking her daughter's face.

"I like J.J. too." Allison murmured as she started to drift back asleep.

"Me too." Whispered Elizabeth.

"Actually, I think I love him momma. Do you?" Allison said, almost in a dream-like state.

Elizabeth didn't answer and could only stare at her baby as she fell back asleep. "Love him? Do I?" She asked herself. That emotional part of her had shut down. But tonight felt so nice to have his comfort. She changed and crawled into bed but had a hard time falling asleep. "Allison loves him, do I?" She kept thinking.

***************

Thanksgiving was a bright, sunny day. A chill still lingered in the air from the recent snow. Allison was feeling better enough to come home before she started her next round of chemotherapy treatments. It would be nice to spend the Thanksgiving holiday in their house, instead of the hospital. All the family was over. Both of Allison's Grandmas and Grandpas, Elizabeth's sister, Sue, and her husband and two daughters. Allison was also always glad to see Dinger, the black Labrador Elizabeth had bought for Allison two years ago. He brought many smiles to her face and Elizabeth never regretted getting him. Besides, he added a little protection for the two girls there alone.

Jacob showed up around four with two freshly baked pumpkin pies. He knew Elizabeth's parents, Ben and Peggy, and her sister, but he had not met Frank's parents. They seemed like nice people and they chatted about the Cookie Jar charity. Saying how they had raised over $700, 000 in the little over three years it had been running.

Dinner was scrumptious although Allison couldn't eat much. Her stomach was still giving her a few problems and the doctors wanted her to watch her diet. But she relished in having all these people around, everyone laughing, talking and enjoying the holiday. She thought this is what a holiday is all about.

"I love you all." She said as she giggled as dessert was being served. "You all make these dinners so fun." Everyone smiled at her. "And you my Cap'n, are the life of the party!" Jacob said, making her giggle all over again.

Everyone settled in the living room after dinner and a game of scrabble and some cards appeared. Everyone got lost for a few hours enjoying some games and more laughter. Everyone was stuffed from a full turkey dinner with all the trimmings topped off with Jacob's delicious pie.

Frank's parents got up to leave around nine and said their good-byes. Elizabeth retrieved their coats and walked them out onto the porch. "What a lovely dinner." Frank's mother said, giving Elizabeth a kiss on the cheek. "Thank you very much." Frank's father chimed in. "Yes, very lovely time. It was good to see you and the family again. Been missing you all."

"And you know that Jacob's a nice guy." Frank's mother added. "He's also good looking", she added with a smile.

"Uhmm, yes he is." Elizabeth replied, uncomfortable with her late husband's parents talking this way.

"Oh don't be afraid of those feelings." Frank's mom continued. "You deserve someone in your life. God knows, how tough it is to go it alone. Frank would have wanted it. You know that."

"I don't know, mom." Elizabeth had not been sure of her feelings this past week. "It's so much. I do miss Frank."

"I know you do, dear. But Allison is enamored with this Jacob guy. And just know, it's okay with us."

"Thanks mom, thanks dad. Have a safe drive." Elizabeth said, still processing what they said.

************

Elizabeth returned to see the rest of the family gathering their jackets. Jacob and Allison though, where engrossed in an intense game of Go Fish. After the rest of the family said their good-byes Elizabeth returned to join them and for the next thirty minutes the Go Fish battle continued. She would look over at Jacob smiling and laughing with Allison. She felt a glow in her heart, a feeling she had not felt in a long time. It made her tingle.

"Momma, got any eights", Allison shouted again. "Momma, pay attention."

"Oh, right, eights... let's see, yup, two of them! How did you know?" Asked Elizabeth.

"Just a smart little girl!" Allison giggled, not letting on that she had caught her mom staring at Jacob. And while she was staring her cards tilt down so she could see what was in her hand.

"I'm all out!" Exclaimed Allison. "I win again!"

"You're so good at this game." Smiled Jacob. "I may just need to tickle you for winning so much!"

Allison screamed and giggled as Jacob started to reach towards her. "No, don't, stop!"

Not wanting to push it too far and risk hurting Allison, Jacob backed off.

"Okay, bedtime." Elizabeth said.

"Oh darn, I was having so much fun." Allison said. "Will you both tuck me in?"

This was the first time Jacob had been over at bedtime and he looked nervously at Elizabeth.

"Okay by me. If you promise to go right to sleep." Elizabeth said.

"Promise, momma." Allison said smiling.

Elizabeth and Allison excused themselves so they could get Allison ready for bed. Fifteen minutes later, Elizabeth called Jacob down to Allison's room. Allison was already under the covers with her mom sitting beside her. Jacob sat down next to her.

"Tell me a story?" Asked Allison.

"No, you promised straight to sleep." Elizabeth reminded her.

"Oh, alright momma. Can I at least make a Christmas wish?" Allison asked innocently.

"I would love to know what I could get my favorite little girl from Christmas." Jacob chimed in.

"Oh don't encourage her." Elizabeth smiled, and she suddenly realized she had been smiling more. "She will want everything in the toy store."

"Then I'll buy her the whole store!" Jacob said laughing. "Mr. Mastercard won't mind."

"Okay, Ally angel. What would you like for Christmas?" Elizabeth asked hoping to get Allison to sleep soon as she didn't want to wear her out.

Allison took her mom's hand that was resting next to her on the bed. "Give me your hand, J.J." Allison asked holding out her free hand. Not knowing where this was going, Jacob gave her his hand. Allison brought their two hands together and then brought them to her mouth and gave them a kiss.

"I love you both so much! You have made this the best Thanksgiving ever. I don't want any toys for Christmas. Momma, my Christmas wish is that you and Jacob would love each other and get married!" Allison then push their hands together so they were holding then released her hands and pulled the covers over her head and started giggling incessantly.

"What... oh.. uhm.. but sweetheart, we haven't even gone on a date." Elizabeth stammered.

"Oh momma", Allison said from under the covers. "You see Jacob almost every day. Why do you need a date? But if you do need one, you have 'till Christmas. If you want go on a date, I'll go stay at gramps and nana's house." The giggling continued.

"Oh baby, I don't know." Elizabeth said looking over to Jacob for support. He was just sitting there looking at her. A look she had seen in him before but didn't realize; could it be a look of love. "Was he already in love with her?" Elizabeth wondered.

"What do you say, J.J.?" Allison asked again from under the covers. Again, giggling afterwards.

"You're enjoying this too much, young lady." Jacob said. "But if your mom, is willing I am willing to try a date."

Allison quickly pulled down the covers exposing her smiling face. "You would!" She shouted. "Momma, please say yes... please... please... please!"

Elizabeth looked at Jacob, then at Allison and smiled. "As I see you won't go to bed unless I do, I guess I don't have a choice."

"Oh goodie, goodie!" Allison cried. "Okay, I'm asleep. See eyes close." Allison closed her eyes tightly and gave a couple of fake snores. "Night momma!" She said puckering her lips for a good night kiss.

Elizabeth kissed her. "Goodnight Angel. Sweet dreams."

"Night J.J." Allison puckered again.

"Night Cap'n." Jacob gave her a quick peck too.

They heard more giggles as they left the room, turning off the light behind them.

**********

They both went back to the living room and settled on the sofa. "Whew, what was that all about?" Elizabeth exacerbated. "Jay, you don't need to take me on a date."

"But what if I want to?" Asked Jacob. "Would it be alright with you?"

"I don't know if I'm ready. We're such good friends too. I don't want to spoil that." Elizabeth pondered, wondering if she was really looking for an out.

"Look Liz, you know you took a risk trying the Topotecan chemo type treatment on Ally a year ago. You don't know if it has helped or was the right thing to do, but you took the risk to try to save Allison. Life is uncertain. You do your best. Sometimes you have to take risks and can only hope things work out." Jacob reached over and took Elizabeth's hand. "I'm willing to risk it, if you are."

"But I don't even know where to begin." Stammered Elizabeth.

"How about like this?" With that Jacob leaned over and brought his face close to Elizabeth's. His free hand came up and gently caressed her cheek. This caused Elizabeth to close her eyes. She forgot how nice it was to be caressed. She gasped a little as she then felt Jacob's lips touch hers. Gently she pressed her lips back and put her other hand around his waist so she could pull him closer. It was a gentle kiss that lasted for about 20 seconds. His tongue gently tasting her lower lip as they parted. That sent a tingle down Elizabeth's back. She slowly opened her eyes to look in his.

"That was nice." She sighed. "It's been so long."

"You're a wonderful kisser." Jacob said smiling. "You haven't lost your touch."

Elizabeth's breath started coming a little quicker as she felt his hand move down to caress her back. She took a deep breath and pushed him back onto the sofa. She adjusted and climbed slightly on him and slightly on the side, pressing her upper body into his; she brought her mouth to Jacob's again. This time her kiss was more passionate and Jacob responded. Their tongues played a dance between their two mouths. Playfully teasing each other as they moved back and forth. Her hands rubbed his chest and she felt how nice his broad shoulders felt.

She then kicked off her shoes and climbed fully on top of him. Pressing her bosom to his chest, feeling them getting crushed between their two bodies. A tingle ran through them. One that had not been there since Frank had caressed them. Her long skirt hiked up and her legs wrapped around his. She could feel her mound moistening as she rubbed against his thigh. She felt a bulge in his trousers growing under her belly and she shuddered.

They kissed this way for ten minutes or so. Jacob letting her take the lead, not wanting to push her too fast. But he ached to have her. He had not been with a woman either in over four years. His hand traveled down to her bottom and rubbed her gently through her skirt, helping her to grind herself against him. She moaned softly.

She moved to the side of Jacob, on the inside of the couch. Her legs thrown over him, her hand on his chest, the other behind his head. She nibbled his neck and he responded by moaning softly too. She then opened her eyes to look at Jacob.

But what her eyes caught instead was the mantel of the fireplace beyond him. Staring back, from atop the mantle, was the 11x14 photo of Frank. She rose up suddenly, staring at the monument of her late husband over the fireplace. Several photos, the flag she was given at his funeral and the medals he had won. She glanced over to the end table where several pictures of Frank, her and the newborn Allison sat. More family pictures from the wedding rested on the bookshelf to the side. Then she noticed the wedding band that was still on her ring finger. She had worn it so long that many times she often forgot it was even there. But there it was, staring back at her.

She tightened up and felt a lump in her throat and sat up more, pulling away from Jacob. What was she doing? An in front of Frank, even. "But he's not here anymore." She tried to reason with herself but it was too late. The passion of the moment was taken away.

"Jay dear, that was very nice." Elizabeth explained. "But I'm tired now. I also need to think this through. Please understand."

"Liz dear, there's no need to explain. Take your time with this. I think Ally's Christmas wish took us both by surprise. I'd like to take you on that date still. How's Saturday? Dinner? Allison doesn't start her new treatment until Monday, right?"

Elizabeth hugged Jacob back. "That's right. Saturday would work just fine."

"I'll pick you both up around 6p?" Asked Jacob.

"Both of us? I'm not sure Allison will be up to it. Why don't we play that by ear?" Elizabeth said, now feeling a little guilty that she might be leaving Allison. But she left her with her parents when she worked three days a week.

"That's fine." Jacob said standing and adjusting his clothes. Elizabeth grabbed his jacket and they met at the front door. "Thank you for everything." Jacob said, smiling. "You know I wanted to kiss you that first day I met you in the hospital lobby. Elizabeth, it definitely was worth the wait. Thank you for dinner. Thank you for the company. But most of all, thank you for being you." With that Jacob gave Elizabeth another quick kiss.

"Thank you too." Elizabeth said pressing against Jacob for one last hug. "He feels so nice." She thought to herself.

After he left, she wandered around the house, straightening it up slightly from the family gathering. She shuddered slightly as she straightened the pillows on the sofa remembering his touch. She put away the remaining dishes, checked to make sure Allison was sleeping and then she slowly walked to her bedroom; all this time, lingering over the thought of their passionate make-out session. She took off her top and bra and touched her breasts lightly. She gasped at her touch, remembering the feeling of them being crushed between their bodies. She entered the bathroom and turned on the shower. She unzipped her skirt and let it fall to the floor. She then pulled down her panties and let them fall on top of her skirt stepping out of both of them. Glancing in the mirror she looked at the curly hair between her legs and remembered grinding against him. It had been so long.

She strangely noticed that this bathroom was probably one of the few places in the house where a reminder of Frank didn't exist. Even Allison's room had a little photo of him by her bed. She thought back to her mother-in-law's words. "Don't be afraid of those feelings," she had told her. Confused at the time, she now better understood what 'those feelings" are. The one's Jacob had awoken on the sofa an hour ago.

She felt a warmth down between her legs as she thought of the passion they had briefly shared. She reached down and ran a finger between her lower lips, surprised to find it moist. She shuddered as her finger ran across her growing bud. She adjusted the water temperature and stepped into the shower. She hesitated and then knew what she wanted. She pulled the removable showerhead off its holder and brought it down to her breast. She sprayed one and then the other and felt them harden under the pulsing water. Then she brought the spray down between her legs and immediately convulsed when the water hit her pleasure spot.

Her knees weakened and she leaned against the wall for support. She slipped a finger inside her as she continued to water her growing passion. It didn't take long as she hadn't released in so long. She relaxed and put thoughts of Frank out of her head and let memories of her and Jacob kissing passionately fill her mind. She let out a quiet moan and this pushed her over the brink. Her spasms engulfing her body and she finally let go.

At the exact same moment, just a few miles away, Jacob also groaned and released spurts of his manhood onto the shower wall as he too was immersed in thoughts of their passionate kisses.

*************

Saturday morning, Jacob decided to make some rounds to meet with many of the places where the Cookie Jars were located. The throngs of shoppers out on Black Friday made for a great day at the jars. Jacob was happy to see indications that they may break a record for the most money collected in a weekend. He knew Elizabeth and Allison would be happy.

It had become so large, that they had set up with a local bookkeeping office to handle where the donations were sent. They counted the donations, deposited the money into the account to be set up to transfer to the charity and they provided a weekly report of all the transactions. They would have to wait until then to see exactly how much had been brought in.

He stopped at the barber for a haircut and then went home to get ready for the evening. He showered and then shaved his five o'clock shadow then splashed on a little cologne. He put on his tan Dockers, a Perry-Ellis button-up shirt and covered it with a cream-colored cable knit sweater.

He arrived at the house a little before six and rang the bell. Elizabeth's dad answered the door. "Oh hi, Ben." Jacob said feeling like a teenager taking out this man's daughter. He hoped he would not get the fatherly lecture. He was also a little surprised at seeing him there. "I'm here to pick up the girls, I think. Everything okay."

"Everything's great." Ben said. "Allison called this morning and wanted Peggy and I to come over to be with her tonight. "Frankly, I think when she heard you had invited the two of them; she didn't want to be in the way. Smart little girl, that one, wouldn't you say." Ben winked, shook Jacob's hand then he backed away to let him enter.

Peggy wheeled Allison into the room and she smiled when she saw Jacob. "Woo-wee, you're looking sharp!" Allison exclaimed. "Wait 'till you see momma though. She's been getting ready all afternoon. I even got to put some make-up on. Can you tell?"

Jacob came over and pretended to examine Allison closely. "You look marvelous, my darling... simply ma' volous...." Allison giggled as Jacob gave her a quick peck on the cheek.

"Hey, stop that! You'll ruin my make-up!" Allison giggled. "Besides, save it for mama," she added with a smile.

"Save what for me?" Elizabeth said as she entered the room. Jacob's mouth dropped and he was enthralled by the beauty before him. She had on a lovely red dress that cut straight across the top, held up by two spaghetti straps. The back plunged way down with a few strands holding the back together. The length was just below the knees with a slight slit up the side. Her toes and nails were also painted red to accentuate the dress. Her feet were wrapped in some red two-inch heels and her fishnet stockings had a little design up the sides. She had on a pearl necklace to match her earrings. Her hair was up. Jacob had never seen her with her hair up and he thought it was being held up by magic, as he couldn't see any signs of berets or clips. Her lips were painted with the same red lipstick that he faintly saw on Allison earlier.

"Wow, my lady in red!" Jacob finally got out, his jaw still on the floor. He had never seen her dressed this way before. "You look beautiful!"

"Doesn't she!" Exclaimed Allison. "My mom's a real beauty, huh?! You two go have fun. I'm going to have fun with Gramps and Nana. Don't worry about us, kay! I'll be fine momma. No need to worry about me."