The Cobbler & the Brownies

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

What about the old village you ask? Well it prospered and grew into a small town over the space of a few years. There is even a story that the cobbler, now the Duke when the fair Lady Beth assumed the title of Duchess after her father's passing, when paying one of his annual visits to his old village, was allegedly recognized as being the former cobbler by the town Reeve. The old Reeve was still a greedy and pathetic miser, now much tormented by innumerable ailments and seemed to have the very worst of Luck. By the next Mid-Summer Festival the Reeve was gone however — had disappeared into the forest muttering like a madman, some townsfolk had noted.

Late at night, after the children are snug asleep in bed, it might be whispered about that the Reeve had asked the Great Duke what the secret to his legendary Luck was — and that the Duke had honestly told him. Seeking to gain this Luck for himself, the greedy old miser had instead found his own destruction. The Head Brownie, now wise to the fact that someone had overheard their mid-summer meeting, didn't bear the cobbler any grudge, and gave his own secret gift of an oak tree that grew with great delight and wonder in the castle courtyard, but he guarded their next meetings much more carefully.

A new (much kinder) Reeve was appointed and the town continues to thrive to this very day. Apparently Rollo the Brownie works very hard, and was cured of his laziness!

And as for the famous red ruby slippers, earrings, necklace and ring? Look no further than our great Queen (also named Beth), for these jewels are the favorite items of her crown jewels and worn on many great state occasions and are said to bring her great Luck! Not bad considering they came originally from a poor cobbler who had no Luck at all!

The End