The Company

Story Info
A demon fights for his mate.
1.2k words
4.55
53.1k
44

Part 1 of the 7 part series

Updated 10/31/2022
Created 05/04/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
KayVamp
KayVamp
344 Followers

"My god what have you done Marcus! You couldn't leave her alone could you? Do you know how angry the boss is going to be with you?!"

Dominic's face grew redder by the minute while yelling at Marcus. Marie, the girl in question, had been beaten by an ex and was unconscious when Marcus did his routine check. You see, the boss has had his eye on her for months and is growing impatient with his staff since we haven't gotten rid of the so called boyfriend.

I'm Ryan, and I've worked for Jonathon for twelve years. The boss has been nothing but understanding up until recently. But I suppose I would be pissy if I were kept away from my intended too... We aren't your usual company, I mean; we're all supernatural for one thing. We don't age, and in usual circumstances we are a peaceful group, but this is different.

Jonathon's intended was intentionally injured by someone she could obviously not fend off alone. The hitting of a woman alone led to danger in our eyes, but throw in the fact it's the boss' girl and you've got death coming to you, soon.

Thankfully, Jonathon has been out of town this past week on human business, which is why Marcus freaked out and brought the girl back here.

"Chill out Dom, he did the right thing. Jonathon would have killed him if he had left her there to be beaten on some more. Everyone just needs to calm down, we need to prepare for the boss' return and figure out a safe way to tell him about her injuries and coma."

Leave it to me to have to be the voice of reason... Dominic started in on Marcus again but was cut off by a quick wave of my hand that left him with no voice.

"Dom really, not now okay? Just cool it and give me some time to think."

"Michael's been in with her for a while now, I really hope the prognosis isn't as bad as it seems."

Marcus flinched as he pictured what he had seen upon arrival at Marie's home. Empty beer cans and bottles covered parts of the floor and old pizza boxes had been tossed all over. It was clear to see that Marie's boyfriend was an alcoholic, what wasn't clear was why she was with him in the first place.

I really don't get it, Marie is a beautiful girl and she's dating a beer-bellied loser that eats all of her food and refuses to work. She's a feisty woman, standing just five feet six inches with a medium build that's mostly muscle. Her brown hair cascades down her back stopping just before her lower back in waves. I'm not sure about her eye color, I mean, she's pretty bruised up with black eyes and such at the moment but I'm betting on hazel or green.

The boss had finally found her after two decades of searching and dreaming of her. See, a demon dreams of his intended long before they ever meet, sometimes before the other is even born. So when Jonathon had alerted us that he had tracked her down, we were put on full duty making sure she was safe and finding out everything about her.

Obviously, someone failed on the making her safe part but I knew Jonathon would not be angry with Marcus because he had in fact rescued her from the drunken idiot before he could harm her anymore. The door to her room opened as Michael slipped out silently.

"It's pretty bad, but she's very strong and will make it through the injuries. As I was examining her, her face had scratches and bruises form that weren't there when she first arrived. Although they are ugly, they are a sign of healing to an extent, so we should be a little thankful for that. Her left ulna is broken so I've set her arm and put it in a cast; I'll be keeping a close eye on her until Jonathon returns."

With that he slipped back into the room as I sent for his personal items and necessities. I flipped out my phone and dialed Jonathon's personal line.

"Jonathon, we have a problem and you need to return sooner than planned." "I'm listening..." Sigh "It's Marie, sh-" "I'll be right there."

The line disconnected and the room remained silent waiting for Jonathon to appear. Just to my left, a blurred area appeared and Jonathon stood pale as a ghost.

"What's happened to her?"

"Please, try to calm down and I'll explain everything. Then I'll take you to her room if you want to see her."

I filled Jonathon in on the latest and watched as his fists tightened and his nails dug into his skin from anger.

"HOW COULD HE?! Does he not know how special she is? Even to a normal human being she's more than average! What is his location and status?"

"He has gone awol as of yet, we can't catch his scent anywhere."

"I suggest you find it, and soon. Or it's your ass that's on the line, hear me private?!"

The man marched off, unable to resist Jonathon's drill sergeant ways. I guess what they say about 'once an army man, always an army man' is true, or it is with Jonathon at least. I watched as Jonathon paced the room in long powerful strides.

His form towers over most and attracts more than a few ladies' attention. He stands at a powerful six foot seven inches tall, weighs 204 pounds which is almost pure muscle and I guess you could say he has handsome features. It's safe to say that he dominates any room he walks into, and any female eye that happens to be in said room.

"I know you're upset Jonathon, but you need to calm down before you try to go see her. If she were to wake up and see you like this, it would scare the hell out of her and I'm pretty sure that would be a set back in marrying her. Just saying is all."

He shot me a look of understanding and sat in the closest chair, stretching his legs out awkwardly trying to rest and calm his anger.

"I suppose I wouldn't want to wake up to an angry demon either really."

He almost whispered his form of gratitude to where only I could hear.

"Michael is with her now, he says that she will pull through easily and that we should be thankful Marcus found her when he did."

I patted his shoulder as I walked past towards the room that was now known as hers'.

"Come on, I don't want to keep you from your mate any longer. Just promise not to hurt anyone once you see her."

"You know damn well that I can't honestly promise that. He could have just broken her nail and I would want to kill him. You'll understand when you find your intended, until then I'm just a raging lunatic protecting a stranger."

He shook his head in sadness and walked slowly into the room.

His steps were slow and meaningful as he made it towards her bedside. As he took in her appearance, his eyes grew an eerie crimson red portraying his anger and hurt. His look told of all the ways he would seek his revenge and I knew better than to stand in the demon lord's way.

KayVamp
KayVamp
344 Followers