The Consequences Of Falling

Story Info
A letter offers Cassie a new life.
1k words
3.93
23.3k
1
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
velvetpie
velvetpie
1,286 Followers

Her hands were shaking. The red envelope was the third that she'd received in the last two weeks and she was afraid to open it. She knew that it was from Paul and she was knew what it was going to say. Cassie used the letter opener and carefully slit the envelope, tugging the folded papers out with her fingers and swallowing against the lump in her throat, she began to read.

*****

Dear Cassie,

I have an apology to make to you. I am so very sorry for my behavior. I hope that you will give me a second chance and allow me to explain myself.

I'm sure that you know my ex-girlfriend, Leslie. Yes, you read correctly. Ex-girlfriend. Truth be told, she should have been my ex-girlfriend a long time ago except that I didn't have the courage to get rid of her. So the first letter that I wrote you was angry because I was pissed off at myself. I should have been able to rid myself of her long ago but I was weak. Please know now and forever hence forth that I have no wish to harm you. I only wish to … well, I'm getting ahead of myself.

I think I first fell in love with you when I moved into the building. It was the day that you bought Maggie her first bicycle and you were outside, running and laughing in the wind. You were so beautiful, even though you had a black eye and your lip was split. You and Maggie were the perfect picture of a mother with her daughter. I imagined that you were my family, that I was coming home from work and this was the sight that would greet me. My wife and my daughter.

Then Tony came outside and grabbed you by the hair, kissing you so hard that you cried out. He didn't care about the injury to your life because he caused it. I would never, ever hit you, Cassie. You own me. If only you knew that. You own me.

So I sent the first letter, filled with my insecurities and my anger, directed toward you, the person who deserved it the least. And I knew that I'd made a terrible mistake when I saw you the next day. You barely spoke to me and you clutched Maggie to you as if I was a molester. I didn't understand right away, but I do now. It hurt even more when you acted lovey-dovey with Tony. His hand squeezing your ass and his mouth on yours was enough to make me ill. I wanted to scream and tell you that he was cheating on you, that you shouldn't allow him to treat you like a piece of meat.

And so I sent the second letter. Let me rephrase that. Jack Daniels and I sent the second letter. After fuming for hours about your PDA with Tony, I put my angry words into print and sent it to you. Again, another mistake. Alcohol and anger never mix and I wish to God that I had never sent that letter. But I did. Again, I apologize.

Then, two days ago, while you were at work, Tony brought a woman home. I watched her give him head in the front seat of your car, then they went inside your house. That's when I called you, pretending to be Tony. And you came home and caught him. I hope that you'll forgive my bit of subterfuge but I knew that if I told you that he was cheating, you'd never believe me. I watched through the window when you busted him. His hard cock was pumping in and out of that blonde's asshole and he was seconds from cumming when you threw the door open. He tried to beg his way back into your good graces but you stood strong. I was so proud of you.

And now, we come to the reason for this letter: the consequences of falling in love with you are that I've lost my heart and soul to you.

I know it's only been a short time and I've made some huge mistakes, but I'm hoping that you can forgive me. I talked to your mother earlier to day and she agreed to take Maggie for the night. Why, you ask? Because I'm fixing dinner for us tonight and I hope you're hungry.

I want so much to show you how I feel, to worship you every day, to become a partner to you and to help raise Maggie. I've gotten a little ahead of myself but I'm hoping for the best. I'll knock at eight. If you answer the door, I'll know that you've forgiven me. If you don't, then I'll understand. But know that if you ever need anything, I'll be at your beck and call.

Please forgive me,

Paul

*****

Cassie took a deep breath and sat down in the nearest chair, her heart pounding. Should she believe his words this time? She remembered the angry, insulting tone of the previous letters and the fear that she felt as she read those words. But she also thought of what he'd said in this letter. Could he be forgiven? She thought back to Maggie riding her bike and the heroic grab he'd made, saving her from a painful injury while disregarding his own groceries. His hazel eyes had captured her attention and he hadn't asked about her injuries, instead having a conversation with her and putting her at ease.

A knock sounded at the door and she turned her head in that direction.Could he be forgiven?

The door swung open and Paul smiled, his arms full. She was as beautiful as always, although her watery blue eyes drooped with weariness. He remained on the doorstep, watching the expressions on her face as she tried to figure out what she was going to do. Paul thought he'd break the ice. "Hi, beautiful."

Cassie blinked back tears as she moved aside to allow him inside. "Hi, Paul."

velvetpie
velvetpie
1,286 Followers