The Contest Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It was the opposite, though.

***

The Emperor put himself in a small reception room in the Imperial Palace. He gave instructions. Each princess would be escorted to the reception room at a certain time. The Emperor would speak to each woman, one at a time.

Princess Chohni was first.

When she walked out of the reception room, she was frowning, her brow furrowing, her fingers twitching. When she was on a porch, she sat down on a bench and pouted.

Some moments went on. Chohni still waited even though she wasn't really meant to. She'd peek through windows to see if Lagath had her turn yet. When she saw Lagath casually walking down a hallway, Chohni shot up and went back inside. She called out to Lagath with a bitter tone. "Well, aren't you a happy woman?!"

Lagath looked back at Chohni with a gently surprised expression. She turned around, tilting her head to one side. "Huh? What do you want?"

Boldly stepping closer, Chohni spat out her venom. "You must have seduced him, used his odd preference for manly brown bodies to your advantage!"

The tall woman blinked down at her. Then her cheeks loosened as she seemed to get an idea. "Oh, did you only just now figure out that Prince Yban is His Majesty's lover? Does it bother you? It shouldn't." Lagath shrugged. "They can't impregnate each other, and they're likely very careful not to get a disease. Where's the harm?"

What?!

Chohni's jaw dropped for a second. Then she snapped it shut, nearly biting her tongue, and she blurted out, "I don't know what you're talking about!"

Tilting her head to the other side, Lagath asked, "Oh, you said I might have seduced His Majesty? Do you think ... wait." Her eyebrows lowered. Her head went to its normal, straight position. "Waaaaaaaaait. His Majesty didn't choose you?"

Exasperated, Chohni said in a high pitched tone, "Are you implying that he didn't choose you?!"

Somewhere, a door opened and closed. The princesses' brains clicked and cranked as they listened.

Two sets of footsteps, one heavy and the other dainty.

From around a corner, two people emerged.

The Emperor, wearing an oddly slumberous expression yet walking with a confident posture, had a single hand on the shoulder of the plainly dressed Princess Rellenora.

Princess Rellenora was gawking at the floor, tiny squeaks coming out of her throat, her face red. Loosely dangling from her pale fingers, there was a thick chain of silver links, very heavy and very sturdy. A pendant was attached to the chain. It was a sleeping dragon made of pure white jade.

It was the most expensive item on her person, and it clearly had come from the Emperor.

***

12