The Contract

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
OldHideki
OldHideki
419 Followers

Richard was my boss. "Sure thing, Richard. I'll be there in ten minutes."

I felt adrift. I was starting to feel paranoid about the whole situation. I took a deep breath and calmed down. I fiddled with the recorder and placed a bookmark right before Tonya's disclosure, and then skipped forward. I glanced down at the clock and saw that that I had less than an hour before my meeting. I logged into my bank and checked my accounts again. Everything was still there. I went to see Richard.

Richard was all smiles and was holding an envelope in his hand. After we shook hands, he gave me the envelope. "Paul, you did a great job on the McGreggor account. Our sales staff nearly lost this account three months ago when I asked you to come in and smooth out the details. I believe you contributed more to landing this account than the sales did, so I went to bat for you. Congratulations, you are splitting the commission with sales on this one, and take the afternoon off, you deserve it."

I thanked Richard, and left the office. I opened the envelope and found a payroll bonus check for 100,000 before taxes. The actual amount was less, but I had never seen a check this large in my life. The McGreggor account was worth 20 million dollars. I had no idea that sales would get a 1% commission for landing these types of accounts.

The highs and lows of the last 24 hours were starting to freak me out. I was thankful that Richard had given me the afternoon off to figure out my life. I went down to the clinic and told Sherri that I was going to visit a sperm bank this afternoon and try to get a copy of their release forms. I would have the afternoon off to listen to the rest of the recording and decide where my life was going.

**********

The ten thirty meeting went well, I was simply there as an advisor to the other parties. I was sitting next to Mary from accounting. Mary was also there in an advisory role too, and I knew she had gone through a divorce last year. After the meeting, I asked Mary of she could give me the name of her attorney.

"Paul, I'm sorry. I noticed that your wife didn't come to the banquet last night. I thought you might be having problems, but I didn't know it was this bad. I know it's not my business, so I won't ask.

"Thank You, Mary. I was hoping that you could keep this discreet. This may all blow over, and you know how the rumor mill is around here. I am hoping that you can keep this one under you hat."

"So, it's true. You are at least thinking about divorce, aren't you?"

I glared back at her.

"Sorry Paul, you're right. It is none of my business, and I promise that I won't tell a soul that I gave you the number of my divorce attorney."

is going to end. Once, again, any positive suggestions would be welcome.

"Thank You, Mary. Please see that you keep your word on this one." I reached down and deliberately turned off the recorder that was in front of us.

**********

Thank You, for reading my story. I welcome any input to the plot, character development, or to my writing style. This is a multi part story. I have not decided how it is going to end. Once, again, any suggestions would be welcome.

OldHideki
OldHideki
419 Followers
12