The Council Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
JazCullen
JazCullen
6,498 Followers

The vampire bristled for a moment and then slowly relaxed, his lips twitching slightly in a little smile. "A valid point, Jared," he conceded slightly ruefully. His eyes turned back to the compound and slowly roamed the dark buildings.

"She's not here," Jared said after a lengthy silence. "She resides in the city most of the time." His own gaze swept over the quiet compound as he tried to decide what to do about the vampire beside him. He let out a weary sigh. "I don't suppose there's any point in my telling you to stay away from her?" he asked.

Alexei laughed softly. "You can tell me if you really wish to, but you know I'm not going to listen to you." He turned back to look the Alpha in the eye, his brown eyes cold and hard as he waited to see what the wolf's reaction was going to be.

Jared's eyes narrowed sharply and he pursed his lips. He finally sighed again. "Wait here," he commanded before slipping away into the dark. He was back in less than two minutes, handing a piece of paper to the vampire. "Don't come back on pack land unless you're explicitly invited, Alexei. I'm not ready to make you or your brother a friend of the pack yet. If others were to come across your presence they could attack first and ask questions later. Cedar wouldn't like the outcome of that."

The warning was clear. Alexei considered allowing it to irritate him but decided not to. The wolf was only protecting his family. He would do the same if the circumstances were reversed. And Cedar wouldn't like it if he killed any of her pack. Date night most definitely would not be a fun experience if the little wolf was trying to kill him to exact vengeance.

He smiled at the thought. She would be glorious in her fury. Maybe he could just wound a few of the pack? He snorted and laughed at the thought. Angering the fiery blonde probably wasn't the best way of going about things. He saw the Alpha raise an enquiring eyebrow at him and he fought down another smile.

"Explicit invitation," he agreed, turning and heading back into the trees. He glanced down at the paper Jared had given him and read the address on it. Alexei's eyes glinted with excitement and his face split into a wide smile. "Time to pay the price for your smart mouth, Cedar," he laughed softly, blurring at inhuman speed into the night.

To be continued...

JazCullen
JazCullen
6,498 Followers