The Courier Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

----------

Shortly after Cecilia returned, Socrates' Mistresses got on the stage. Normally they sang three songs when they performed: one of their original songs, one of their more recent songs, and the new song they were introducing. The group only performed at the club when they were introducing new music, but every new song was tested among the criminals at the Socrates Club before anyone else had a chance to hear it. The criminals of Danube City did not have much in their lives, but one privilege they did enjoy was the being the very first audience to hear new music from the famous group sung live.

Kim and Eloisa took their positions at the main microphone, with the other three women standing slightly behind them. The 10 musicians sat behind the singers. As soon as men had positioned their instruments, Eloisa tapped the microphone and started moving her hand to set up the beat. The first song they performed was one of the group's most famous, "My bicycle", or as it was titled in Danubian: "Nemát mi biciklét."

As soon as she recognized the song, Maria Elena's memories transported her back to Colombia, to Pereira, and into the arms of her first boyfriend, Jose Pablo. He had totally loved "Nemát mi biciklét". She knew what the lyrics were about, because he had translated for her: the story of not appreciating what one has in life until it is too late. Maria Elena certainly had not appreciated what she had in her life until it was too late. She had not appreciated her mother, who had struggled to keep her in a good school so she could have opportunities in life, nor the boyfriend who had loved her, nor the boss who had been patient with her and tried to give her an opportunity in his store. No, she had not appreciated any of that. Her life in Pereira was not flashy, but it could have been a decent life if she had just understood what she was sacrificing to look for adventure and quick pleasure.

Oh, how Maria Elena wished Jose Pablo could have been with her to see Kim and Eloisa sing in person, in the place where his favorite song was created. She would have given anything just so he could have had that moment, the opportunity to watch the band whose music meant so much to him. She would have given anything just to have him hold her once again; to tell him she was sorry for what she did and somehow make him understand that she actually meant it.

However, it was too late. She could never apologize to Jose Pablo because he was dead. It was because of Maria Elena that he had died. When she broke up with him and he found out why, he was determined to get revenge against drug traffickers by joining the Colombian Army and become a paratrooper. He never made it that far; just a few weeks after he got out of basic training, his unit was ambushed by guerrillas and he was killed in combat.

At first Maria Elena didn't think much about his death, but later it began to weigh on her. Now, hearing that song, with all those memories coming back to her, the burden of guilt fell even heavier on her shoulders. What weighed on her the most was not only his death, but the fact that at the beginning she didn't really care. What evil had possessed her that she didn't even care about the death of an honorable man who had loved her? She buried her face in her hands.

Jose Pablo...I'm so sorry...

----------

Maria Elena wasn't much company after Socrates' Mistresses sang their first song. She sat with her face buried in her hands for a very long time. However, Cecilia and Cynthia didn't see anything strange about their companion's behavior, because plenty of criminals at the Club had to deal with grief and guilt. They didn't know the details of Maria Elena's anguish, but they understood she was dealing with a personal crisis and that they needed to leave her alone.

Anyhow, Cecilia's fingers had worked their magic on Jason and he was ready for another round of sex. She tapped him on the shoulder, grabbed his hand, and led him to the back door for a second time. They would return to a room they had rented for the evening where he would make love to her. He then would go over her lap to be spanked for his indecent behavior of having an erection in public, and once his bottom was sufficiently punished, there would be yet more love-making.

----------

Kim and the others returned to their group a few minutes after finishing the debut of their newest song. Cecilia and Jason were gone and Maria Elena still was crying with her face buried in her hands. Cynthia figured it would be best if the Colombian went home and offered to take her. Kim accepted the offer and Cynthia, who had taken Spanish in high school for a couple of years, spoke just enough that she could make Maria Elena understand that they were going back to her house. The Colombian was ready to leave and grateful to be escorted back.

Maria Elena, accompanied by Cynthia and her husband, stepped out of the club. It was very late and the weather had changed. It was foggy and a chilly drizzle was falling on the streets. The three naked people shivered as they felt the wet pavement on their bare feet and the cold damp air hitting their exposed skin. Cynthia pointed up and said:

"Otoño. Sí...uh...tu dices otoño?

"Sí, señora, así se dice...el otoño."

"Temprano...mucho llueve...mucho frío...invierno..."

She hugged herself to indicate that soon the weather was going to get cold.

"Señora, que nos pasa durante el invierno, cuando hace frío? Nos quedamos desnudas?"

"Yo no...uh...comprendo."

"I...naked...winter...cold. Naked...desnudas...we?"

"Desnuda...sí Maria Elena, invierno desnuda..."

The Colombian took a deep breath. She would have to confirm that fact with Cecilia the next day, but from what she understood from Cynthia's bad Spanish, she would have to remain nude no matter how cold it got outside. Not a pleasant thought...

The naked prisoner and her companions took a late trolley to the university. At the university transfer station they got off. Cynthia and her husband had to catch another trolley to go to their own home, but she pointed down the street that led to Victor's house. The couple then boarded the trolley going west, leaving their companion shivering alone on the platform.

Maria Elena slowly walked along the quiet street. She felt numb, not only from the chilly rain, but also from the emptiness in her soul. For a long time she silently stood in front of Victor's house in the dark, punishing herself by allowing the cold mist to soak her bare skin.

12