The Courier Ch. 27

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I have news for you too, Victor. I just found out I'm pregnant."

"I suppose that's just as well. I was thinking the house was going to feel terribly quiet with just you and me in it."

Victor and Maria Elena walked towards the East Danube River. They crossed the university and stood on the beach, looking out over the water. By pure coincidence a plane flew overhead, having just taken off from the King Vladik International Airport on its way to Frankfurt. Victor commented that he was sure that was the plane carrying Jason, Cecilia, and Pedro out of Danubia, on the first part of their trek towards the US.

"I don't envy them at all. From what I know about America, it's not an easy place to live. I know it's not somewhere I'd want to be."

Maria Elena cuddled up to Victor. She took his hand and put her head on his shoulder. They watched as the jet vanished into a frail vapor trail in the western sky.

"It's strange, thinking about how those three are having to start over. I couldn't do it. Too old..."

"You're not too old to start over, Victor. You are starting over. I'm starting over too. It's all going to be new for us...the baby...being married...and..." Maria Elena giggled: "...having step-sons who are older than me..."

"...and you with your collar...we are indeed a scandalous couple...and you really want to spend the best years of your life putting up with an ill-tempered, tiresome old man?"

Maria Elena moved in front of Victor and kissed him. She then moved his hand to her stomach. There was just a hint of swelling, but that would change quickly enough. They'd have to get married shortly, to avoid an even bigger scandal than the one they were causing already.

"I want that more than anything, Victor. More than anything."

Because clothing was prohibited on the beach, Victor stripped off his clothes and folded everything into his shirt to carry. The couple walked several kilometers the along the water's edge of the river shoreline in the warm summer sunshine.

It was dusk by the time they got back to the University District. In the fading light they returned to Victor's house, ready to begin the next phase of their Path in Life.

12