The Coven Ch. 07

Story Info
Death is all around us.
1.9k words
4.38
8k
5

Part 8 of the 8 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 02/07/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Trixie:

"You have mated Liz." Trixie said to Sam, "You have awoken her full powers."

"That's a good thing, right?" Sam asked.

"No."

"But it means she will be able to help wounded warriors and..." Sam began worriedly.

"Sam..." Trixie said calmly, "She is not trained to use those powers. Her mother would have been a better teacher for her as Liz has inherited her powers from Martha. I have no idea myself of how to implement these powers other than what I saw and read. One mistake and instead of healing she would be damaging the person."

Liz now looked very worried. "I am so sorry." She murmured. Sam held her comfortingly in his arms, "Well, I am not. I am not sorry that we mated."

Trixie started as she realised that her words could be taken two ways, "I am sorry, Liz. I didn't mean that you have made a mistake or anything... I just meant that we would have to make sure that you are prepared to the best of your abilities before you use your powers on anyone. Now let's start gathering ingredients for the serum, okay?"

"Yes." Liz sniffed

Trixie left them to their work and walked out of green house towards the forest looking for herbs that Greg would require.

She had walked quite a long way from the pack grounds and was intent on searching for the herbs. She suddenly felt a presence around her, watching her, tracking her movements. Unable to pinpoint the exact location of her tracker and not entirely sure of their intentions, she maintained the facade that she had no idea of her tracker.

She bends down to pick some leaves off a small shrub and a bullet whistled past her and lodged in the tree. Almost immediately she straightened and another bullet from the opposite direction flew past, grazing her arm. She began running, but no matter which way she chose her attackers were close behind. The worst part was that she did not know the position of her attackers. They seemed to be everywhere.

Trixie knew one thing, that she cannot lead them to pack grounds. So she ran in the opposite direction, leading them away from the pack. She kept running, stumbling and dodging the bullets. Finally she burst through the trees in a clearing and a bullet hit her in the shoulder. She stumbled to the centre of the clearing and another bullet hit her in calf. Trixie fell down. She started calling on her powers to protect her but she felt a shadow fall across her. She looked up to see who it was. Mary was smiling down at her with a gun in her hand.

"Surprised?" Mary questioned.

Trixie didn't reply or moved; she tried contacting Jade and Liz but was not able to reach any one.

"Don't bother. Angara has placed special spells on you. You will not be able to contact your coven or use your powers either. Your powers while impressive take up a lot of your concentration and so a surprise attack would throw you enough that you would not be able to call upon them. Some Alpha bitch you are, you cannot even handle a surprise attack." Saying so, Mary started laughing a bit maniacally.

"You wouldn't be much better off either, if you have to use a gun instead of your powers" spat Trixie in pain.

"Oh honey, they are a part of genius. See once I reach pack, I would tell Jack that you were wandering too far from pack grounds and some human hunters thought you were a wild animal and started shooting at you and you died because of them. Because of the bullet wounds, no one would doubt me."

"What about human smell?" Trixie asked, not for the sake of curiosity but trying to stall her.

"What's Angara for?" Mary asked and gestured to her right.

Trixie turned her head to see Angara standing looking down at her. There was madness in his eyes and his lips split in a cruel grin.

"Does this position mean so much to you that you would betray your own pack?" Trixie asked Mary.

"Quit stalling." Angara commanded, "Finish her off. We have to take out her friend as well."

"No, Jade." Trixie screamed.

"Yes, Jade and the bloodsucker Cassie will die as well." Mary sneered.

"Mary, listen to me. He is just using you. He will kill you after he has no use left for you. Trust me I know." Trixie said in a desperate attempt. She was trying to summon all of her powers. Unfortunately for her, whatever spell Angara had used was strong but in a bid for freedom Trixie utilized all her resources and pushed them away.

Scared that she would set free, Mary pointed the gun to her heart and shot. Angara lifted all the spells and then sprayed two human smells in the clearing, laughing to himself.

They then left her body in the clearing and walked away.

____________________

Jade:

"It's a beautiful place." Jade thought to herself. There was a fountain in a small clearing and the perfume of small, pretty flowers was wafting in the air.

Cassie tugged on her arm and they settled in the grass surrounding the fountain.

"Why is there a fountain here?" Jade questioned.

"It was built on a romantic whimsy by Jack's dad for his mate. After that most of the pack comes down here for first dates. It's sort of tradition now to bring your partner here at least once in a while."

"The place has a happy, romantic feel to it." Jade commented.

"So it does..." Cassie murmured and pulled Jade close for a kiss. One taste of Cassie and Jade was wet down there. Cassie smiled against her lips as she smelt Jade's arousal.

Jade sighed and pulled back, "I should really be concentrating on trying to find out what Angara's plans are."

Cassie nodded and shifted back. Jade closed her eyes and concentrated her powers to near future. She closed her ears to sound of the water, of Cassie breathing and went deep in her trance. She was in a tunnel of darkness with a bright spot of light so far away that it might be an opening. Jade concentrated on that spot of light until it grew and surrounded her. She saw Liz facing Angara, he was asking her to come along with him and Liz was refusing.

"But your coven members have left you because for them their life was more important than yours. Come along sweetheart. I will never hurt you after all I am your father. I will stay with you and protect you." Angara was saying.

"But what about my mate?" Liz asked.

"He is not your real mate honey. He used you. Can't you feel it?" Angara asked.

"You killed mom." Liz screamed.

"No Liz. She was my mate. How could I have harmed her?" Angara asked Liz, "Jade and Trixie were lying to you. They killed her and kidnapped you. So that they can train you and use your powers to stay alive."

Liz was confused, and Jade saw that she had started to sway in Angara's direction. But what confused Jade was that where were she and Trixie and Cassie...

Jade decided to back up a bit and let the darkness of tunnel surround her once more. Focusing on the events prior to what she saw, she channelled her energy towards them and walked towards light once more.

Jade saw that the house was burning and various creatures were running out of the house, the kids were getting trampled. All the creatures that escaped the burning house were running out to be trapped by monstrous creatures that were made of mud like substance. The werewolves trying to fight them were losing spells were ineffectual against them. She could see Jack getting tired. A monstrous creature lifting Jack and locking him up in a cage made with special metals and spells made to withstand the fury of a dozen werewolves.

Jade was getting more and more confused. She simply couldn't see where they were in the battle. She knew she was over exerting herself and she must stop but she was getting antsy. So she decided to take a break and started relaxing in order to come out of her trance. All the sounds around her start invading her senses once again. Jade slowly opened her eyes to see a gun pointing at her. She looked up startled to see the faces of Mary and Angara smirking at her. She turned around to see Cassie struggling against some unseen force holding her motionless. Jade turned around to face Angara.

"Vampiress" Angara said, "I have heard that vampires go feral if something happens to their mate. Let's check that theory out shall we?"

Cassie lets out an inhuman scream.

"Hush" Mary hissed. "Someone from the pack might hear her."

Suddenly as a babble of voice reached them, Mary gets scared and she runs to edge of small clearing to check the interruption. Angara too joins her and Mary not wasting any time points the gun at Jade and fires. Angara and Mary then disappear from the scene.

Cassie felt the spell give way and pulled against her unseen restraints. After freeing herself she ran to her mate tears streaming down her eyes. Cassie rips open her wrist and tried to feed her mate. Jade swallowed the blood pouring down her throat and then looked Cassie in her eyes, "Be strong my love."

______________

Jack:

Jack was feeling antsy for no particular reason. He was still thinking about what had happened in so short a time. He was thinking about what his father would have done in face of this coup.

Suddenly Jack reeled over; pain that could only mean the loss of pack members assailed him. Frantically he tested the bonds of all the pack members. He realized that the only bonds that were missing were of Trixie and Jade. Jack let his wolf take over and he howled his pain for all the jungle to hear

The whole pack sensed Jack's pain; even Liz was overwhelmed with his pain. She panicked and quickly tested her bond with her coven only to find no reply from them. Strange doubts started invading her thoughts, "When Trixie and Jade found out about Angara had they fled opting to save their own lives?"

Jack felt each thoughts of every member of the pack; he felt Liz's doubt and Cassie's despair. Jack also felt smugness and happiness radiating from a few young wolves and elation from Mary's bond.

Greg came running to Jack. Jack was salivating, his wolf was dreaming of burying his teeth in the flesh of traitors and ripping them apart limb from limb. He saw Greg edging closer to him and snapped at him. Immediately Greg lied down and showed his belly. Jack came closer to him his wolf not able to see submission of the elf.

Greg was shivering uncontrollably. When Jack sniffed him, Sam's voice sounded in his head, "To win any battle wisdom is required along with strength."

Jack stiffened, not willing to listen to his brother but Sam went on, "Get him to make truth serum at earliest. We will make these traitors to give away their plans in front of everyone. Facing such shame even the families of traitors will side with us in this battle. They will handle traitors on their own and make sure Nadia is safe. Trixie and Jade will be avenged my brother."

With difficulty Jack was able to concentrate and get his wolf under control. He backed off Greg slowly and shifted to human form.

"Make the serum as fast as you can Greg and this time only for a small group of about 10 people."

"Yes Alpha." Greg replied. "Nadia..."

"I will go secure her." Jack replied.

Jack started running towards the lake.