The Cowboy Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

They arrived back to the main house and George was concerned that she had came back with Jim when he saw them coming up the walkway. “Did something happen to Roper,” he had real concern in his voice and Kay could tell the man cared deeply for him.

“No George, he found a problem with a section of fence down past the pond when we were having lunch and was repairing it. I think I had to much sun, my head is killing me so he suggested I catch a ride back with Jim.”

“Good, I’m glad that’s all it was then. Why don’t you go take a cool bath and relax till dinner dear.”

“Sweetie you go on up and do as George suggested and your aunt or I will come up and check on you later dear.” Her uncle said with just as much concern for her in his voice as George had for Roper.

She leaned down and gave him a kiss on the cheek and headed upstairs. She took a shower then filled the tub with cool water for a soak. Roper was really mad when she left him tied up and walked off. She couldn’t hide out in her room because he would feel that she was afraid of him if she did. She couldn’t do that anyway, she was not one to hide from anything. She was a strong woman and she would show him she wasn’t afraid of him.

She had fallen asleep for a while and was just getting up to get dressed for supper when her aunt knocked on her door to see how she was feeling. She assured her she felt fine, kissed her on the cheek and told her she would be down for dinner as soon as she dressed.

There was no sign of Roper when she went down to dinner. They had all just sat down when he came walking in the front door, looking hot, dirty and not in a very good mood.

“You look hot, tired and hungry George commented. Kay said you found some fence down by the pond, what section was it?”

So that is how she explained his absence. “About 100 feet south, a tree had come down and was laying over the fence. Took me a couple of hours to get it taken care of.” He looked right at Kay letting her know that is how long it had taken him to get free.

She didn’t look away but held his gaze telling him she was not afraid of him. He excused himself and said he would be down for dinner after a quick shower. Fifteen minutes later he was back and ready to eat. Betty had held dinner up waiting for him so we could all eat together.

A couple of times during dinner he had nudged her foot under the table with the toe of his boot. She ignored it and him keeping up the conversation with everyone else at the table.

“Those estimates came in this afternoon Roper, can we go over them after dinner,” George was asking him.

“Sure, about time they got them here, it’s only taken them a little over a month to submit them. Are they close in range to what we told them would be acceptable,” he asked George.

“Haven’t had time to look them over I thought you and I would do that after dinner.”

After dinner George and Roper went into George’s den to look over the papers he had told Roper had came that afternoon. As soon as the door to the den closed Kay excused herself telling them she was really tired and was going to make a early night of it. She kissed everyone on the cheek and headed up the stairs.

As soon as she was inside the room she locked the door plus put a chair under the door handle, knowing he would just use a key to get in. She made sure it was wedged in tight, then she closed and locked her balcony door. She slipped on one of her T-shirts and climbed into bed, she didn’t turn on any lights but lay there in the dark waiting for what she knew was going to happen sooner or later.

She glanced at the clock, it was almost 11, she had been in her room for a little over two hours before she heard his footsteps coming down the hallway. The room was lit from the moonlight coming in the windows and through the balcony doors so that she could see the bedroom door clearly. She was holding her breath then she saw it, he was turning the handle slowly.

When he realized it was locked she heard him chuckle softly then she heard him putting the key in the lock. When he tried to open the door after unlocking it and it wouldn’t budge she heard him very clearly say “fuck!” When she heard his bedroom door close only then did she let out her breath in a sigh of relief. Almost 35 minutes had passed since he had tried to get into her room. She closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep.............

12