The Creepers Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Everything has changed!" Rain was obviously trying to hold back tears. "I told you, I have nothing else to live for. And I can't go back to being alone. And the thought of not waking up next to you makes my stomach tie up in knots! I can help you guys! I can help find food, I know the territory better than any of you. And I can stay out of the way when there's a fight and . . ."

"And what?" Despite knowing that her own heart was breaking, Diamondback had to end this. That cold, logical part of her knew that to be true. "I'm not going to quit the Legion, and you won't live by its rules."

"I'll live outside the territory. You said yourself that the Creepers don't spend much time in lands already under Legion control. As soon as you leave the area, I can hook up with you again."

"Don't be foolish," said the captain coldly. "You're just a scared little girl who doesn't want to be alone anymore. Well find yourself some small, non-Legion town and go live there, because I don't have time to baby sit. I've got enough problems already."

Her words might as well have been fists. Rain actually staggered backward and, unable to hold back the tears, turned and walked out of the barn and into the cold night air. Diamondback knew she'd be okay. She was a survivor. But that didn't stop her from hating herself. It didn't stop her from feeling sick to her stomach. And it didn't stop the hollow feeling in her chest from growing. She climbed up to the loft, which suddenly seemed so much colder than it had before.

She slept fitfully, actually missing Rain's snoring. She awoke when the sun was still slumbering beneath the horizon. She got up, packed up her rig, and got all the horses ready for the trip. She wanted to be ready to go as soon as the others were awake. The first to join her was Red Back. He looked at her and saw her eyes were red and slightly swollen. He couldn't help but sigh. And then she surprised him. When she saw that no one else was around, she buried her head in his massive chest and cried again. He was baffled but not callous. He had never seen her like this in the years he had known her.

"You let her go?"

"I drove her away. I couldn't think of anything else," she said. "She would have followed me to the ends of the earth, and I was so tempted to lead her there." She sniffled and wiped her nose on her sleeve. "You guys signed on for this life and you understand the risks. But she doesn't."

"I think she understands more than you think. Now don't get mad. I told you not to get to close, and I agree that she would never be happy in the Legion because she doesn't believe in the breeder program. And I don't think that life outside the Legion would be good for you or for the world. But you love that girl. I know you do. We all see it every time you look at each other. Maybe you should ask General Anderson if an exception could be made. We could use her. She's a better tracker than any of us, including Rat. And . . ."

"There can't be exceptions and you know it." She began regaining her composure. "If we break the rules for some people, then the rules mean nothing, and everything we work for starts falling apart!"

"I know. Call me a romantic, but I don't think one of the only true examples of love I've ever seen should end because of bureaucratic crap. The Creepers have always marched to a different drummer. If you wanted to make a stand, we'd all stand behind you." He sighed. "But the decision is yours. And for what it's worth, I don't think I have the strength to have done what you did, whether it's the right thing or not." They stood in silence, the giant of a man trying to comfort the still-shaking frame of his captain. Finally, the rest of the squad arrived. They got packed, mounted up, and headed for the edge of town. Most of the townsfolk were awake and cheering them on. Despite her attempts to avoid doing so, Diamondback glanced around. Rain was nowhere to be seen. Oh well, she thought. It is probably for the best.

Going on horseback turned out to be one of the best decisions they had ever made. They found an old road that used to be known as an "interstate highway." They saw a faded sign, but were able to make out the numbers "80" on it. It was supposed to lead into what had been Nebraska and southern Wyoming. They were only going to follow it as far as South Dakota before following the Missouri River up to a town in North Dakota that was still known as Bismarck. They figured they should get there before the slow-moving raider group. Diamondback rode way out in front, insisting on riding point. She showed no interest in the company or the casual banter of her comrades. She just stared down the empty road, looking for something she would be justified in shooting, and thinking of a beautiful girl with curly, chestnut-colored hair and a barn loft with a bed of hay.

Finally, Red Back rode up, being the only one brave enough to approach her. It was time to stop for the night. They made their way off the road and set up a small camp. The forests were giving way to plains, and finding shelter was going to be increasingly difficult. Luckily the weather seemed to be cooperating. She sat alone during dinner, which was strangely subdued. She took a walk around the camp, unable to finish her food. She thought she saw the flicker of light a ways back in the direction they had come from. She strode back into camp and grabbed her rifle.

"What's up?" asked Viper.

"I think I saw another fire a ways behind us. Someone could have waited for us to pass by so they could sneak up behind us. I figured I'd go check it out . . ."

"It's Rain," said Red Back calmly. The silence following that statement was so thick it could have stopped a bullet.

"What? How do you . . ."

"She's been tailing us since we left. I noticed her about seven hours ago."

"Why didn't you . . ."

"Because you've been so busy moping and being moody that no one wanted to talk to you." The entire squad looked a little sheepish at that comment. Did they all feel that way? "And besides, what would you have done? You have no authority over her, she's not a threat, and I know you wouldn't shoot her."

"You are my second in command. You're obligated to tell me things like this!"

"Diamondback, everyone here would walk through the gates of Hell if you asked and slap the Devil himself in the face. But we can't go on like this. You either need to find some kind of compromise with her or get over it, because right now your head isn't where it needs to be."

Damn he was right. She was not in a position to be an effective leader.

"And before the idea crosses your damned-fool mind, we decided as a group that you stepping down as Captain is NOT an option."

Her shoulders drooped visibly. She didn't understand how it had happened. How could a woman, who had been shot and stabbed and who had played dice with Death, be reduced to this by a pretty girl? She simply nodded, but wasn't sure why. She saddled up her horse and slowly made her way back to where she thought she had seen the fire. She approached cautiously, as she didn't want to stumble into any traps the young woman might have set. She moved quietly at first, not wanting to spook the camp's inhabitant. Then she saw Rain, sitting on a log and roasting a rabbit over her tiny fire. She leaned against a tree and watched for a minute. The light flickered and danced across that beautiful face, causing her luxurious hair to shimmer. It was not unlike how she looked that first night almost a week ago. And it still made the soldier's heart race like a horse and thunder like its hooves.

"It wasn't supposed to be like this you know," she said at last, making her presence known. Rain jumped a bit, but wasn't too surprised. But an expression of pain consumed her face. "This was all just supposed to be a brief intermission on the trip. Help the local villagers, get their town back on their feet, and move on." She wandered out of the trees and sat on a rock on the opposite side of the fire from Rain, staring into the dancing flames. "I expected a fight. I expected hard work. What I didn't expect was you." She looked up, able for the first time to meet Rain's gaze.

Rain was more composed than Diamondback had expected, but she was still wounded. "You think I expected this? I've barely had any contact with people for four years! And all the ones I encountered only wanted one thing from me. But none of them made me feel anything. I didn't plan on getting captured and threatened with a life of abuse and slavery. The only reason they didn't force themselves on me was because I was covered in mud and crap. I didn't expect to be rescued by a princess in shining armor. At the baths . . . I had heard that sometimes Legionnaires took locals to bed, particularly after they had helped them somehow. Yes, that's what I initially thought you wanted. But when you told me you spurned me that first time . . . It seemed kind of noble to me. And that's when I realized how attracted I was to you and how much I wanted to be with you. And I didn't even know what that meant." She was on a serious roll by that point. "And I didn't have anyone to talk to or to help me understand what I was feeling! You have Red Back and the rest of the squad. I've got no one! And until I had you, I didn't realize how bad that felt. And then you threw me away! And now I'm following you to who knows where, and I still don't know why!" Rain was almost trembling from both fury and emotional pain. Her fists were clenched and her normally inviting lips wore an unflattering snarl.

Diamondback thought she knew the answer. "Because you're braver than I am." Rain looked suddenly confused, and the soldier realized she needed to explain. "Part of growing up as a soldier in the Legion is that you have to be focused. I can plan military campaigns, black-ops missions, defense scenarios, supply routes . . . And I always have a back-up plan or two, or sometimes three or four. I've had some adventures, true, but I've always managed to live by the rules. But then there was you. I pushed you away because I had no plan for how to deal with you. I had no back-up plan. I was faced between choosing what I thought was best and what I really wanted, so I chose the former because that's what I'm used to doing." She took a deep breath. "You don't seem to need plans or rules. You follow your heart. I don't know how to follow mine, and that scares the hell out of me." She paused again. "I don't know how to be in love with you." There, she'd said it. And it was the hardest thing she'd ever had to say.

Rain's countenance changed dramatically, as longing and hope replaced pain and anger.

Diamondback stood up, and with trembling hands she removed her arsenal of weapons. Then she started removing her clothes. Rain had offered herself to the soldier a week before, so Diamondback was going to return the favor. But once again, the young woman surprised her. Rather than a drawn out conversation followed by a romantic embrace, Rain had closed the gap between them in seconds, flinging her clothes to the ground along the way. She basically did an open-field tackle on the soldier, who had her pants around her knees and was unable to even attempt to dodge. If Red Back ever heard about that . . .

Rain was covering Diamondback's face with kisses. She was still slightly teary-eyed, but there was more joy there than sadness. But the elder of the two had one more word of warning.

"I can't promise that this is all going to work out. I can only promise that I won't give up trying. Is that going to be enough for you?"

Rain was smiling now. It made the Diamondback's heart so much lighter to see it. "It's a start," she whispered. Rain's kissing was becoming more intense. She was lying directly on top of the other girl who had almost unconsciously encircled the young girl's hips with her legs. Rain slid down and grabbed Diamondback's breast, holding them softly while manipulating the nipples with her thumb and forefinger (and more than occasionally her tongue). The soldier's breasts were smaller than hers, and had been somewhat neglected in earlier lovemaking. Apparently Rain intended to correct that oversight. And she had discovered something that even her lover had forgotten; Diamondback's breasts were very sensitive. The soldier was digging her shoulders into the ground and pressing her pert mounds and pink nipples against Rain's mouth and hands. Once the girl realized the power that sensitivity gave her, she was merciless. She cupped one breast with her hand and sucked on the other nipple with tremendous vigor. Her now free hand slid down below, and she inserted two fingers deep into Diamondback's waiting sex.

"Wait," gasped the captain. "I'm the one apologizing. Shouldn't I be doing all the work?"

"Every time we've been together, you got me off first. Dammit, this time I'm going to do it to you." Then she whispered, "And I want you to beg for it." It was said naughtily, not maliciously, so Diamondback felt she still in good standing. Rain returned to sucking on Diamondback's nipples.

Diamondback was moaning loudly. It had been a long time since anyone had done this to her, and she drinking up the sensations like cheap wine. The branches and rocks digging into her back meant nothing to her. All she could feel was that tongue against the soft skin of her breasts, and it was driving her insane. And Rain was making use of the two fingers in her box, thrusting them in and out rapidly. She put her thumb against the clitoral hood and rubbed gently, sending sparks through Diamondback's body. The veteran soldier knew what was happening, and it was time to give Rain what she wanted.

"Please," she moaned. "I'm almost there. Let me cum." It didn't take much to encourage her young lover, who doubled her efforts on every front. With fingers in her pussy and a talented set of lips devouring one breast, Diamondback and an earth-shattering orgasm. She shook so much she thought she might break something. She bit lightly on her bottom and waited for the pleasure to subside.

"There," said Rain. "I win."

"If that's losing, then losing is more fun than I thought."

"Well it's my turn to lose."

Diamondback maneuvered the young woman until she was on all fours. She spread the cheeks of Rain's ass apart, exposing a multitude of pleasure centers. She started with her favorite one. She put her nose at the bottom of Rain's swollen and ready pussy and began generously licking the entire length. She tasted sweeter than before, as if the thought of losing her had increased her appeal. She buried her face in her work, letting her tongue dance where it might. She enjoyed the feeling of ass-flesh in her hands, and spent a great deal of time massaging those cheeks.

After several minutes of this, she decided to try something new. She tested the waters with a single touch of her tongue, right between the bottom of the slot and her tight, pink backdoor. It elicited a high gasp. That was a good sign, so she did it again. Another gasp.

"What is that?" she asked. "That felt . . . (gasp)!"

Diamondback smiled as she thought to herself, I'll teach this little girl to play with my nipples. I've got tools she can't even imagine. With that, the assault was on. The captain hit every pleasure zone she could with her tongue, ravishing her wet box and tantalizing her asshole. Then she took two fingers and inserted them into that beautiful pussy, and slowly sank her thumb into the girl's well-teased rosebud. Both openings tightened up as much as they good as Rain started making a noise that could best be described as "squeaking." Diamondback squatted behind her, pressing the back of her hand against her own cunt. She used her free hand to brace herself on the young girl's back, then slowly started to fuck Rain with her makeshift dick. She plunged forward and Rain slammed back. Her lover was making more of those noises, so she was confident that this new position was well received. She tried wiggling her thumb as well, teasing the myriad of nerve-endings that the anus had to offer. The noise of their coupling resounded through the trees, making her very hopeful they had been right in thinking the area was clear.

Rain had held out longer than she ever had before, but that run of luck was over.

"Oh! I'm . . . I'm . . ."

Diamond stopped the humping motion and just started drilling the girl with her fingers. Soon, she felt the warm sensation of Rain's juices running over her hand. It took a minute before her posterior was willing to let Diamondback's thumb go, but the older girl didn't really mind.

They lay together for a minute before either had the energy to speak again.

"So," asked the Captain, "do you forgive me then?"

Rain snuggled against her shoulder. "It would be awfully silly to follow you this far hoping for an apology that I wouldn't accept. Just don't do it again."

The two of them got dressed and took down Rain's camp (such as it was), making sure the fire was completely out. They took their time getting back to the Creepers, walking their horses (one of which had been given to Rain for her help) and discussing the rules. They were going to have to be courteous of the others, as none of them had live-in lovers along for the ride. Rain was to stay down during firefights and not to interfere in the squad's business unless they all agreed to her participation. She could help with the hunting and the scouting if she liked, as long as the latter was done in the presence of another squad member. And in order to earn her right to stay, she would have to help in the cooking. This was mostly because it was one thing none of the Creepers were all that good at. Rain agreed to these conditions with a smile. After that, they would just play things by ear. The girl wanted to learn to fight for her own protection, which Diamondback reluctantly agreed to, but she wasn't going to be able to learn to shoot because the Creepers had to be a little miserly with their ammunition due to the length of the trip. And Rain's knowledge of the area offered a compromise. She knew of a small town (using the term "town" generously" on the edge of the plains. It was about eight hours off the main road, but it hadn't been ransacked the last time she had gone through. It had a small lake nearby and what she thought was a store with guns in. It was locked and barred, probably since the Cleansing, that might have some useful stuff in it. You couldn't see it from the main road due to some small hills and the curvature of the earth, so it would be a great place to rest for a while. It was about two weeks walk, but they could probably get there by horseback in less than half the time. Diamondback smiled, promised her that she would bring it up with the squad, took her hand and kissed her. She couldn't see the girl's face in the darkness, but she was willing to bet her lover was blushing.

When they walked back into camp, still holding hands, the entire squad was still awake. They all had smiles on their faces, but not the kind they wore before ribbing someone. They were happy for the captain they respected and the girl they had all become very fond of. And they all rushed the couple, grasping both in bear hug after bear hug. Diamondback was incredibly embarrassed, but happy. She did begin to wonder if she might try actually restoring some etiquette to this group at some point. Nah!

Finally, everyone except Diamondback, Rain, and Red Back went off to bed. The captain made sure her second in command understood the rules as pertaining to Rain. He indicated that he did. They discussed the little town that the girl had mentioned, and he agreed it was worth investigating. Rain was completely exhausted, so the captain pointed her at the right tent and gave her a playful slap on the ass to send her off to bed.